Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Treali's Idea/Interest check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Treali's Idea/Interest check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 pm

No warm embrace, no welcoming words
No salutation nor courtesy for me
No song of joy sung at these iron gates
No light of understanding shines down on me
O beloved fugitive Truth, where hast thou gone
Now leaving me, forsaking me, no longer by my side

You were like the hand of mother
A small child clutches to guide and to comfort
Weaned and separated never there to return
You were like a candle alit alone, albeit alleviating my sorrows
All but forgotten, alluded to always in alabaster crimson
The warmth alluring all faded by daybreak

It beckons to me, calling in a voice I cannot ignore
Whispering my name again and again
Ylanne, Ylanne, ma'a heidah?
I do not know what this is
When I look in the mirror
I see a face I do not remember or recall
Something from the tales of Satan
Is staring back at me

Comments on the poem are welcome, including and especially constructive criticism. I mean, hey, I wrote it when I was really tired and not really paying attention. By the way, those who are curious: "ma'a heidah" is Arabic for "What is this?" hence the answer in the next line.

Well, it's Ylanne, aka Treali Storm, here once again, this time not posting rules and requirements, and in fact, posting something that is rather longish and rantish and useless but hopefully still interesting. Follow me here? So, this is an interest check as follows...

I see a lot of roleplays on this site which revolve around the idea of God, Lucifer/Satan/Beelzebub, angels, and demons, and other such things, ophannim, seraphim, cherubim, nephilim, etcetera. I see a massive amount of high school or "academy" roleplays. So many roleplays where a group of teens are staying at some sort of house, castle, hall, residence, or such thing together. Way too many roleplays involving vampires or werewolves (yes, you, you Twilight fans! *shakes finger*). Lots of Anime (Inuyasha especially) roleplays have appeared.

And not only do none of these interest me much at all (no offense intended, and nothing personal), but I'm rather tired of seeing the same old ideas again and again. A novel idea, conceived of human intelligence, but seriously. Why not some change? Why not something different?

I've tried to create and GM several roleplays in the past. The first one I created a thread for was called "Love, Lust, and Power in Iraq", and was, you guessed it, about the War in Iraq being fought as you read this sentence *shame on you* *just kidding*. Ahem: anyways, around five or so people signed up and the in character thread actually managed to make two pages (maybe it was three) before it died, because there were only two of us posting, and sparsingly at that.

A few more failed attempts followed, one modeled after the "teens thrown together in one place" archetype called "Attempt at World Peace", then still another roleplay based loosely off a novel I've written called "Starless Sky: The Death of Hope", and still another, which is technically still open, but effectively dead: "Armaggedon America", a realistic modern roleplay about the FBI, not futuristic despite the title.

So. Even if I'm an okay writer, apparently my roleplay-creating skills aren't functional, as evidenced by all my failed attempts. I've decided that in lieu of spending several hours writing an out of character thread few will read and even fewer will like, I'll post this interest check. I apologize now if my rant has offended you. I have nothing against fantasy, science-fiction, and anime. It's just not an area of interest for me. I'm certain I'm not alone. :) Don't take it personally.

So, anyways, I'm thinking of starting a small group roleplay (anywhere between three to five roleplayers, inclusive) that has a modern, realistic setting, and involves some elements of crime or terrorism. I don't have a specific plot idea in mind, and crime or terrorism as a theme is not required; I might be interested in something dealing more with the divine, not necessarily targeted to adherents of any specific religion, faith, or belief system.

I have a few preconceived characters--okay, several of them, whose names and significance I will list below: I am also perfectly willing to create new characters. This, I suppose, is more to give you an idea of how versatile I (Could) be.

1.) Treali STORM
FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive, accused terrorist and mass murderer

2.) Natalie SCHULTZ
FBI agent, counterterrorism division

3.) Josef FORST
Baptist pastor

4.) Hagar BIN LADIN
Terrorist faction leader

5.) Dianna SOMNIUM
Fashion model

6.) Abigail McKINLEY
President of the United States

7.) Fadi HATEM
Crime writer (like me!)

And there are others if anyone is intrigued even remotely by those who are, ever so briefly, listed here for maximum visibility.

As I said, I don't have exact plot ideas formulated, but I'm open to suggestions and might post a few plot ideas some time tomorrow if there is any interest in this interest check, hence the name. A horrible pun I realize, but hey, a writer's gotta do what a writer's gotta do.

So. Please reply to this thread if this even remotely interests you! I'm very open and flexible.

Those of you in a roleplay or private with me: I will post all replies today or Wednesday. Please don't hurt me; I'm sensitive. :) Actually, this last week, I've been so incredibly insanely busy it's not even funny. Seriously! I've performed, studied, written, rushed around... But I promise, cross my heart hope to die stick a needle in my eye, however that stupid rhyme goes, to post my replies.

Peace out,
Ylanne Sorrows

P.S. Did you like the poem? At all?
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Treali's Idea/Interest check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:28 pm

I like your poem, it has a nice flow to it. And it's not every day Time's Cohort says a non-rhymning poem is cool! Anyway, I might be interested in the RP idea. Over the last week I haven't been able to post much, courtesy of my english teacher *growls* but, I'll be able to work more on stories this week hopefully. I agree that certain... Factions of the RP world have taken over... And they don't give me a proper plot. I like a plot. Plot plot plot. Senseless "oh hi I love you now omg ur a vamp eeks, turn meh!!1" and all that jazz... well, seeing that is enough to provoke reverse perstalsis. So yeah, I'm interested in a solid RP!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!