Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Birthstone Spirits: The Second Revival

Birthstone Spirits: The Second Revival

a part of “Birthstone Spirits: The Second Revival”, a fictional universe by birthstone_spirits.

The fate of a world lies in the hands of twelve young people who are just trying to figure life out. What happens next is a test of growth, luck and magic.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Birthstone Spirits: The Second Revival”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Birthstone Spirits: The Second Revival

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Good question: This skip isn't going to be immediately right now. There will be a play by play introduction to training, specifically the first days of it. (They won't be meeting the old warriors by the way [I assume those were the predecessors you mentioned?] as they're essentially dead. Although you're more than welcome to introduce your character's guardian whenever it's convenient for you!)

This was just a heads up so that you could start mingling with people and playing with ideas as my hope is that the first few days of the academy will inspire quicker back to back posting and not the once a week/every two week pattern we've been on.

Also my thought is that they shouldn't be ready for real action only one month in. Many of them would probably still be floundering. There will be other skips of varying lengths with freeplay /subplots in between them. I'm just trying to ration out skips and events so that the group stays there for a long enough time in total to actually have made transformative gains. I also thought it would be fun to split that time up and play in between instead of sticking one big ol 8 month skip at the end of a scene.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 am

That makes a great deal more sense than a random 1 month skip out of the blue, which is what it had first appeared to be. And it sounds good to have the odd time-skip to work through however long it'll take to train with our characters interacting in between.

The predecessors aspect may have been a misunderstanding on my part since I had thought that the founder of the academy was one of the previous warriors, like Haru. Though I do remember mention of him being the way he is due to having outlived the rest which would certainly explain why they wouldn't be there.

With regards to the guardians in that case I wasn't sure what the plan was with that since I didn't know if you'd already designed our mentors to throw at our characters and for us to basically deal with the hand we're dealt as they guide us on our journey.

Hopefully now that the Christmas lull has been and gone people may have a bit more time to write but January is also somewhat hectic due to the return to normal life.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:13 am

Oh okay so I gave a rundown on guardians a while back in ooc but this should help clarify that for sure:

The original month warriors had guardians (haru, ryou) folks who were 12 regular people who did terrible things before dying and we're given the opportunity to redeem themselves by dedicating their souls to this particular cause. So when the warriors complete their mission the guardians basically earn their right to pass on (they were stuck as immortals because they failed last time so they had to wait for these new warriors.) I left guardians very open ended so you could make your own (and have an opportunity to play a character from Aires). Introducing them is pretty optional as we can play the game without all of them being there. Besides it wouldn't be weird for some of them (though they are stuck as immortals) to simply decide to give up and not show. But if you wanted to take on a second character making a guardian would be a great way to do it!

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 am

I'm just reading back through the posts and I've found what you're mentioning. I had completely missed that due to vanishing just before that was posted and not having checked back through when I returned.

So do we each submit a new character to act in that role? or simply work them into our story? It does say to message you with our concept as well so I'll have a think and get something over when I can.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:55 pm

You can submit a new character page and work them in at a time that seems reasonable. No hard rules on when they should spawn or not though. :) Also all the guardians know each other so when you introduce them you should message folks to plan how their relationships were when they last saw each other.

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:17 am

HEATHER WANTS TO JUMP OFF A CLIFF!!!!

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Yass cliff diving, yas

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:29 am

Hi friends, gm question that I'd love your insight on.

What do you think is the best way for us to develop and construct complex character relationships as we move further into the game?

So far I'm picking up a vague alliance between Heather and tallyho and a group wide distrust of Ron. But how can we get more concrete relationships brewing? Should we continue with Freeplay? Update our character relationship posts? Should I make vague relationship building prompts that people can sign up for like I do with subplots? Any guidance would help, I just want to make sure everyone gets the best game play. Let me know!

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 pm

I'd be down with relationship building subplots. In the long going RPs that I've been in, we usually actively discussed our plans for our characters in the upcoming arcs with the other players in OOC. That way we could collaborate on future posts.

My plans for Ron is for him to start taking on a greater interest on the medicine/diseases of the world to better prep for his training. He's also going to become a bit more passive and less aggressive after the time skip. So instead of waving his gun around he would be more apt to ask questions. Although he'll still be tinkering on a new musket as to avoid sword training.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:51 pm

So should we be making a "character development" board organized around the different arcs where people can freely discuss what character trajectory is happening?

Or should I, when pitching the general side plot events throw in other opportunities like:

"After a month with the group [Insert character Here] is starting to develop a small crush but is unclear on how to proceed."

And then someone signs up and privately coordinates with the player of whoever that character likes?

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 am

Maybe we should do a character development board and discuss what we want for the characters.

@birthstone_spirits, I'm definitely down for what we discussed for Kibi and Heather. Like, I've been legit thinking about that and wanting it ever since. I envisioned and discussed with usernamesareadrag the possibility of Heather developing a bit of a crush on Dorian, but more importantly, I see Heather wanting to feel brave as opposed to acting brave. Yeah, she stepped to Ron when she felt it was needed and she's gone along with all of this, which is brave when considering the fact that she's in this other world and experienced something that normally, people would want to "nope" out of. But she's not secure in it. Her inexperience is obvious and for a girl like Heather, who likes definitely likes learning, she also likes knowing and not knowing makes her feel out of her element. To a degree, out of control, which is why she's going to want to put her all into training (with smart ass commentary because OMG this is a lot of work, and she'd forget that to be able to do all of the shit she thinks is cool she's gonna need to do continuous work lol). She's going to admire those who seemingly get it before she does or are better at it than she, and want to continously work to get on their level so that when it comes down to it, she'd feel like she could step in like Septimus and Dorian have done. She'd probably rush in without thinking first at that point, but she's got nerve, not a completely calculative personality.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:39 am

I'm definitely looking forward to this camping night. It'll be nice to see what strengths all the characters will put in. Also, who's going to control the Cyclopean if they confront it?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usernamesareadrag on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 am

Hey there, Roku! I'm so glad that you're excited about camping. It'll be an interesting first real bonding experience for the characters, so I think it'll be fun. :D

When/If the Cyclopean appears, I think I'll have command over it or @birthstone_spirits. That being said, if you ever want to try anything crazy/out there with a monster of the week/villain let us know!

I'll be posting about Dorian and Jules' character goals I think by the end of the day. I'm so excited that everyone's been thinking about character arcs and relations! This is honestly a super skilled writing group, and I enjoy what everyone brings to it.

~Users

usernamesareadrag
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:33 am

Workin on a post. Having lots of technical difficulties (my laptop screen broke so im using an external monitor and my phone has now given out. Unlucky time of year! lol

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:23 am

Will be posting this weekend. Bad things happening irl that have me swamped.

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 am

I am still here, sorry for my silence. Life has been rather hectic both in and out of work. And yay food poisoning.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby listentothetimpani on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 am

Fabricator, et. all:

Undoubtedly, life has been doing it's best to kick the proverbially crap out of everyone here. The flexible understanding everyone seems to share regarding the silence on the board(s) and the lull in the role-play, should allow us to jump right back in when ready.

listentothetimpani
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:18 pm

@Fabricator @listen

I honestly get it. I trust that everyone here is still in the game despite all of our ridiculous life circumstances. It has been a very hard time in my life recently and at the moment I'm doing my best to overcome a few time sensitive issues so that I can spend more time on the things that make me happy. :)

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Woof. Finally on spring break.

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 pm

A friendly bump.

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!