Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Faceless

The Faceless

a part of “The Faceless”, a fictional universe by mombie.

The California Bureau of Investigations has been called to the sleepy town of Ferndale, California, to solve a serial killing spree that baffles the nation. They are dubbed the Faceless Murders.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Faceless”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Faceless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue May 04, 2021 9:48 pm

I did hear! Happy to see you back and around, and glad life has cleared up a little for you. You can resubmit your character, no problem. Not too sure if this will take off, but we will see!
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 am

thanks :) i'm glad to be back! i understand that there may be upsetting or offensive material in this roleplay.

Image Image Technical Analyst, Isadora Argent
Yes, Isadora's a little young to be an analyst with the CBI, but she's used to comments on her age, having grown up a child genius with an interest in technology. She's clever, sure, but temperamental and rude, and that made it hard for her to keep jobs for long until she got her position in the CBI, a position that's lasted longer than anyone really expected. Her parents are glad that they don't have to worry about her anymore, and the CBI has Isadora's talent for hacking and intelligence gathering, so it all works out fine. She's foul-mouthed and impatient, but she's clever, so what can anyone say? She's here for good.

barnes, Lulu Antariksa, #fb9795
Last edited by barnes on Sat May 22, 2021 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

wild women don't get the blues but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lately i've been crying like a small child xxxxxx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sat May 15, 2021 1:33 pm

This RP is re-opening. If you'd like to join, please read the rules and submit a character reservation. I am hoping to have a starting post by the end of the weekend.

If you were a previous character from my first attempt to open it, you can just resubmit your CS. Only characters with WIP CS submissions will be put on the front page.

There is no need to PM me unless you have further questions. For the most part, if you read the rules and can comply with them, then just submit your character and blurb for approval and I will get to it ASAP! I usually respond to the OOC forums a lot quicker than to PMs anyway.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Sun May 16, 2021 3:32 am

one more character for now! i'm still thinking of bringing in another female, but i wouldn't confirm it yet

Image Image CBI Profiler, Cal Wilder
Having been discharged from the military after a PTSD diagnosis following a failed mission while deployed in the Middle East, Cal's days of drifting from job to job ended when he joined the CBI. PTSD or not, his experience on the field was useful in helping to hone his skills of observation, stealth, and deduction, and he found himself a place on the team as the staid, gentle investigator who produces results. Even if he does have a tendency to be afraid of the dark, and loses himself in his own head more often than a normal person should.

barnes, Wilson Bethel, #6183a6
Last edited by barnes on Sat May 22, 2021 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sun May 16, 2021 7:48 am

Hey, this seems interesting! I've only recently came back to the site after a crazy time, I would be interested in playing but I'm not certain what's available as I'm just seeing a lot of FC's being thrown around.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun May 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Face claims are not just being thrown around. People work really hard trying to figure out their reservations. Typically people look at the front page of a role-play and see what roles are available. This process is pretty simple. You look at the front page and you see what roles are available. After that you read the rules where you will find what you need to make a reservation. Then you make your reservation. The GM well approve or disapprove of your reservation. At that point if you are approved you will make a character sheet that will provide further information for your character. If your character is not approved you will be told why and asked if you wanted to change your reservation or if you don't want to continue.

The implication that people are just throwing around face claims is a little bit demeaning. Maybe it's been a long time and you don't remember how applying to a universe Works. I try to keep things very simple on my front page so that everything can be understood. Your statement came out a little bit passive aggressive and I feel like you didn't read anything on the front page otherwise you would be aware of how things work. You are free to apply once you read my front page. I have new role players to one of my other role-plays and I have never seen this question posed or that statement said because they actually read my front page where I lay everything out.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sun May 16, 2021 6:42 pm

I mean I know, about the home Paige and such, I just wanted to make sure the home Paige was correct I guess...

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun May 16, 2021 8:57 pm

I work, I have three kids, and I have a home and family life. I cannot always update the homepage every day someone applies, though I do try to update it weekly. I have a life outside of RPG, and I am currently running a larger RP (which is also very much updated).

We have two profiler pots and two Forensic Tech spots open, as I stated in my first response to you.

In the future, a better question would be to ask: Is the front page updated, and are there any spots left? To which, a GM will reply with a yes or no. It's a much better approach than saying "FCs are just being tossed around" came off really weird to one of the players because it basically reads "these people are just throwing around FCs without rhyme or reason". It also felt like you didn't bother to read anything, which bothers me.

Regardless, we don't really know each other and I would like to think we just have a miscommunication (which happens a lot). You're welcome to apply, or not to apply at all, so that's that. I sound a bit bitter in text, but it's just the way my text comes off, I think.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sun May 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Pardon me, for any insults I may have written It wasn't intended. In my initial post I wasn't really claiming a character yet and was just trying to figure somethings out, I realize now my words were poor and I am deeply sorry I didn't intend to spark any confrontation with them. Yes, I understand everyone's lives are busy and that is partially why I asked if it was correct and updated to the full, cause I wanted to make sure and double sure before I thought too deeply into a face claim. (which is where I still am thinking, about.) I'm sorry if my short responses were too I'm gonna use the term "blunt" here, and too the point and I sincerely did not wish any disrespect to you or anyone else.

Yes, I am still interested if you will have me but will wait to formally request a spot till I have a more solid character fleshed out (so a day or two).

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Mon May 17, 2021 3:55 am

sorry to interrupt. my intention in making these posts where i provide the role, blurb, and face claim of the character i plan to bring in is so that mombie can see my full proposal for the character and intervene if she thinks that changes are necessary. i assure you i put a lot of effort into choosing my face claims and establishing my characters before they're even submitted to the roleplay.

anyway, here's the other female character i mentioned i was interested in.

Image Image Forensic Scientist, Elspeth Thornley
Elspeth has never struck anyone as a forensic scientist—most people would probably say she seems suited to life as a kindergarten teacher, or one of those secretaries on rom-coms that are always tripping over their feet or spilling coffee. And it's true, she has spilled her fair share of coffee in the lab, and she does have a reputation among the CBI techs for being the person who'll spend ten minutes derailing a conversation, but she's also the forensic tech you want on your team when you turn up to the crime scene. Her genuine interest in forensics makes her meticulous and efficient, processing data at lightning speed to aid the investigators. Regardless of her own secrets involving the law, she's been quite the merit to the CBI team.

barnes, Fiona Dourif, #e7ab4b
Last edited by barnes on Sat May 22, 2021 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

barnes
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Mon May 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Finished this, again I am sorry for any disrespect...

Image CBI Profiler, Hayleigh Zayne Cheyenne
Raised in Montana, on a Reservation with her Native American father, and Half Native Half African American Mother, Hayleigh learned young the ways of her people, but she always strived to do more. She wanted to be something more, not just the daughter of the tribe's accountant.

When things get tough Hayleigh doubles down she always knew that the path she took wasn't going to be easy physically, emotionally, and mentally. However, that never deterred her she could have gone into accounting like her father, or gotten married straight out of high school like her mom but that never suited Hayleigh as her father has always said 'she's just not marriage material.' So she much to the chagrin of her family joined the army.

Hayleigh is a no-nonsense kind of girl, brutally blunt that's not to say she doesn't have a sense of humor or is by any mean dull. Leigh, as she is known just tries to remain professional in a public setting.

HalliwellSlytherin - FC: Freema Agyeman - #400040

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue May 18, 2021 6:36 pm

Go on ahead, Halliwell. You can use whatever CS you wish. :) Sorry! I was stupid tired yesterday after work.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Wed May 19, 2021 12:36 pm

ugh i hate to do this, but i've changed Elsa's name to Elspeth. i'll submit a CS with the updated name soonish (it's 1:35AM here and i don't know how much longer i can stay awake) so please just ignore the first one ;;

barnes
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sat May 22, 2021 6:15 am

Still working on mine, I had it all filled out and Everything, and then my computer )well Chrome) CRASHED on me as I was submitting it. I'll have it up later on tonight, after work. Sorry I haven't responded in a bit had a funeral on Wednesday and have been tending to relatives that came into town.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon May 24, 2021 7:15 am

All good! My son had a bday this weekend, so I was pretty busy. I will try and update the front page sometime today. Just let me know when it's done. :)

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed May 26, 2021 9:28 pm

I will probably start this sometime after June 3rd. Only because it's the last week or so of school, and it's actually been pretty exhausting. Since the actual teacher isn't going to come into the class at all, I will be taking care of all the end-of-the-year classroom things like testing all 34 students, cleaning, etc. It's been really tiring to try and get it all done as just a Substitute. I don't want to half-ass my first post here or give sloppy writing. I didn't expect there to be any interest at all, just like I didn't expect to accept a 30-day Substitute job after just being hired. The hiring process was also like... an unexpected week long. Not to mention that I also still take care of my kids vastly on my own after work.

After June 3rd, I should be a fully functioning person again. By then, I should have most of the OOC up and running so I can jump in!

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sun May 30, 2021 7:39 pm

should have my bio done, monday... if everything goes well and I don't lose the damn thing again... grr...

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!