Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What's so cool about you?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: What's so cool about you?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 pm

I think it's wonderful we're all so extremely modest. :D Woo sarcasm!

Well:

- I'm more or less a genius, as I've been told by most people I know. [I haven't taken an actual IQ test, and I don't trust the ones online because the last one I took said I had an IQ of 172 whereas my other intelligent friend got 117, which I hardly believe.]

- I taught myself to write stories at the age of nine and have been compared to Tolkien in the way I write. Suckishly, I have extreme burnout, but I'm still looking for that perfect idea... I hope to publish before the age of 14, but meh.

- I keep getting told I have silky hair, so I grow it out kind of long since I look like I have progeria when it's short anyway. This leads to a lot of gay misunderstandings (literally).

- I've been told I had a hardcore music taste. Listening to Opeth and Judas Priest at eleven probably did that.

- Unfortunately, I can't brag about speaking sixty thousand languages. However, I'm working on my second one. Being one of the laziest people I know kind of does that, I guess... and being forced to learn it. I hate living in a South American country. t_t

- I've never broken a bone, albeit I haven't been around as long as some of you.

- I'm extremely lucky.

- I read constantly. Not like some of the people here, but I read the 995 page compilation of the three prequel Star Wars films in a day or so, but I was reading obsessively.

- I intend on moving back to the States at the age of eighteen, as soon as possible.

He's happy now. Or is death the end of the dream? Is it a failure of hope?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Odium
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anatano_mama on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Well what is there to say?..

I speak three languages, English, Japanese and Italian
Japanes is my first language =D I moved to America when I was 9, and now I sound like a redneck.

I play guitar and sing.
I've met Reita from The GazettE they were signing CD's in Tokyo one year the day after a concert. x3! It was amazing.

I go back and forth from Japan to America a lot, my mama can't make up her mind...

Thats pretty much it. o_o..I'm your normal Japanese retard.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! >_>~~ Lazerbeams!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

anatano_mama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blazenz on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:45 pm

"Hhmm let me think...

I'm a mixed martial artist specializing in submisson and making the enemy wear themselfs by throwing heavy punches(which i have learned to endure blows)then knock them out with a good three hit boxing combo.

I read through two 1000 page dictionarys and read it 2 hours a day to impprove my sense of vocabulary(which has shown some progress but getting there)and make me a better rp battler and storyteller.

I also hunt through the web,searching for pics with hidden greatness then enhance,update,and transform them into further avatars,character pics,etc. that I or others that ask or others that I give to,to use for their pleasure.

Well that's a few things that I can think of right now,but there plenty more.
Destiny is a strange thing to live by for sure,but I glad to know one thing "He gave us a chose so...get ready for a @#$ whipping!!

blazenz
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:47 am

Since no one here knows me, might as well start with this.

At age 19, I invented a magic skill/trick (I guess it can be called a trick) that allows anyone to impromptuly hurl a small orb of fire which expands into a meter wide conflagration upon impact. Barehanded, without gloves. Without preperation, does not cost alot to make and recharges in mere seconds [hidden, as a bonus]. The thing is, two years later I'm still considering whether to publish it (or how to) and sell the method. I am PROUD of it, :] lol.

I have been organising rock concerts for my Secondary school for about 3 years along with a group of friends, without getting paid and all for the benefit of the school.

I have succesfully made every character I own, realistic and characterized enough that I have developed a slight extent of split personality from trying to put myself in my many character's shoes while posting. This is a bad thing, but it has made me more sociable as well.

I have drank lemonade mixed with roaches without gagging, not intentionally, but still.

That's all I want to tell for now, anyway none of you know me so I'm not feeling self concious. :]

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby est on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Whats cool about me let me think...

I was addicted to speed and with a little help of my friends broke my addiction, without rehab.
I play bass guitar, I'm not that great but I get the job done.
I am a Dungeons and Dragons FANATIC!
I have learned things that could turn me into a expert police officer, or a very good careered criminal.
I am a longboarder, a fighter, and one hell of a shot with a rifle.
I fear little to nothing, the one thing I do fear is needles.
As of recently due to a back problem I had my dream of joining the military taken from me, I am currently struggling with depression. But I'm sure I will get over it.
I support the legalization of marijuana even though I have never used it once.

That is all I can think of.

est
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GuiltyPleasure on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:20 am

Okay so I think I have to add a few more things to my list because I feel ashamed of the patheticness of my first entry...

*I could read novel books at three (Already knew that)
* I'm studying psychology and I want to be a sex therapist, I want to study the link between sexual deviants and serial killers <.< >.> That sounded more exciting in my head...
* At the Age of 19 I'm engaged and ready to be married in two years to the love of my life.
*Since 16 (When I was a natural blonde) I have not had the same hair colour for over a month.
*I'm an Aussie, I think that's pretty rockin'
*I have chicken scratch as writing.
* I have the most randomnest taste in music, I listen to bands like Disturbed, Jonas Brothers, Stone Sour, Jordin Sparks, Roy Orbison, Keith Urban, Three Days Grace, Saving Abel, Britney Spears, Eminem, Chris Tomlin etc etc.
*My Pop has had a heart transplant and been going on 12 years.
*When I was 12 I pushed my left foot-bone up and back, dislocated it, fractured up near my knee and destroyed all the tendons.
*I am the only one in my family to have ever gone to university.
*I am also the only girl who hasn't been pregnant before the age of 19 in my family.
*I have my great grandmothers engagement ring as my own.
*I can't handle death, I have had 6 people die in the last 5 years that I was close to and if I have to face another death (Which is most likely either going to be my Pop or another uncle) I will break down.

O.o Wow... I seem conceited... I swear I'm not. At least I never thought I was.

GuiltyPleasure
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblenator on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:55 am

Before my younger brother could swim, he fell in the 'deep end' of our pool and I jumped in and saved him. (Not that he shows any appreciation for it... Prick)
I <3 reading so much and read so fast, people call me a book worm :P. Oh and I've finished every book I even relitivly enjoyed 3 times (Excluding rentals.)
I can sit crossing my legs but inverted.
I can put both legs behind my head and roll around sort of.
Last year I didn't study science at all for Exams and I got 3rd highest in my year.
And I'm an Aussie! Wooooh.... Aussie!..... Wooohooo... Eh it's not that great.

Oh! And I have a Cow LICK!
Joker - "This is all Joker's fault. What a tool he was. I have to spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."
EDI - Ah, I have access to the defensive systems. Thank you, Mr. Moreau. Now you must reactivate the primary drive in engineering.
Joker - Argh! You want me to go crawling through the ducts again.
EDI - I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
Joker - *Blank Stare*
EDI - That is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7aU0sLAcs8

Oblenator
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bllwolf1 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Well, I can go through myself. As in, I can hold my hands together at the front of my body, bring them down under my legs so they're behind me, then, through a particularly nasty set of twistings of my ams that should be imposssible, bring them back up and over my head to be in front of me!

I am a a minor genius when it comes to math. I am taking math two years ahead of my grade, and I am one grade higher than I should be.

I can also make 90's through 100's on my tests without studying.

Never have and never will play sports for any team (school or professional) even though I consider myself good at football.

By the time I was seven I could tell people all about how babies were made. from reading it in my science book. And I did tell people. my parents. at my Grandparent's house with my aunt and uncle there.

I have a binder in my room for writing down any philosophical thoughts on life or any creative bursts I have.

I can eat -MASSIVE- amounts of food without gaining a pound. I am fifteen and 110 pounds.

Once in a bout of shirtless wrestling against a friend, I spit on my hand and rubbed it all over myself so he wouldn't touch me and I'd have an easy win.

I have been taking the SAT's (not PSAT, SAT) each year since seventh grade and made above average scores each time.

I was homeschooled up until seventh grade. As a result I do not know my IQ having never taken the test.

To Kunoichi26: I also almost never get sick (though last time I did I threw up so bad I think I lost my retainer into the toilet and flushed it. I still haven't told my parents and that was in december!)

My grandfather went to college with Colonel Sanders (the guy who made KFC), or so my dad says.

Never smoked or drunk alcohol(except once, wine, at passover. I hated it)

I celebrate the Messianic Passover with my friend every year. I am not Jewish, but I still do.

I have passed up several offers to "hook me up" with hot girls I know. I am not sure why, but it might be my self-conciousness telling me I need to stop being a coward and ask them out myself.

I had staff infection on my neck when I was a baby.

I once tried reading The Art Of War but I got bored 3/4ths of the way through and quit.

My lifelong dream is to live as a Homeless person for two months and commit myself to an insane asylum just to see what it's like.

Once when I was angry at my brother (I was 11 at the time), I pissed in his cup of apple juice.

I have always wanted to take a martial arts class or a fencing class during the summer. I still haven't.

When I was twelve I went deep sea fishing and almost caught a 4 foot shark. I had it within 2 feet of the railing of the boat but it broke the line.

I consider myself a pro at paintball and have many good stories to tell about my antics. Also, I got shot seven times in my crotch by my friend during a particularly vicious game. by freak chance, they landed in a circle right around my balls.

I might have more, but this was an extremely longpost so I will shut up. for now.
RANDOM FACTS
Dracul meant Dragon in Romanian in the time of Vlad the Impaler, the man also known as Draculea, or Dracula.
Draculea literally means "Son of the Dragon"

bllwolf1
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:26 pm

Guys, this is 'what's cool about you'. Not 'what are things that exist about you'. "My friends think I'm pretty cool," while that is acceptable, isn't a talent. You guys are all so interesting, I'd rather read about how you've published work than about how you've turned down sex.

I am a celebrity's daughter.

I have at least 100 members of direct family. Direct family includes aunts, uncles, and cousins, right?
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:12 am

aeleon wrote:Guys, this is 'what's cool about you'. Not 'what are things that exist about you'. "My friends think I'm pretty cool," while that is acceptable, isn't a talent. You guys are all so interesting, I'd rather read about how you've published work than about how you've turned down sex.

I am a celebrity's daughter.

I have at least 100 members of direct family. Direct family includes aunts, uncles, and cousins, right?

I'm glad you've taken such an interest in this thread, but seriously, lighten up. This is just a thread for people who want to post little cool things about themselves to help us get to know each other a little bit more and grow as a community. Unfortunately not everyone is that interesting or cool (me) so we make due with what we have.

Who's daughter are you? Then we'll decide if he/she's a celebrity or not.

second... I don't think so... I think it's just bros and sisters and parents, but I could be wrong.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Everyone is interesting and cool, and I think it's silly when people degrade themselves. We're all too different to not be interesting to each other.

I didn't mean to offend, just wanted to set the bar a bit higher, since I know you guys are talented.

There's no deciding, it's the truth. She's not a celebrity in the US, though, but in Mexico, so I doubt you guys will've heard of her.

I went to highschool where the Kennedy boys went, and went to a college founded by one of the founders of the United States.

aeleon
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 am

No one is gonna believe your mom's famous unless you tell us who she is. And come on, having a famous parent isn't a talent, neither is going to the same school someone famous went to. I also would rather hear about people turning down sex, or even how long someone has slept for, or the biggest shit someone ever took, then who their parents are. Any of those are more interesting, require more talent, and are more of an accomplishment belonging to a person, than who gave birth to them, or what high school they attended.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 am

Alright, alright, thank you Gabe, but this isn't a "what I would like to read about" thread.

Aelon, I think that's awesome that your mom is well known in Mexico, regardless of who she is. I don't think ANY of us can say something like that about ourselves so that makes you cool in my book. I'm sorry if I was snippy earlier.

Gabe, some people haven't accomplished much in their lives, the shining achievement of my life so far is that I had the right side of my face removed and replaced. Big Whoopdie-freakin-doo, I didn't even have anything to do with it, I was born that way. But at the same time I think that my inability to raise an eyebrow is what makes me cool and that's what this thread is about. People sharing little things about themselves that make them feel special and unique.

I REALLY don't want to explain it again, so the issue is closed. If you're not going to post according to the topic then don't go criticising other people, people aren't trying to brag here and say that they're better than the rest of us so DON'T GET OFFENDED!

That is all...

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperHans on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 am

I work for the Queen. No, really, I do :D I'm a warden, which isn't the most glamorous job but I still think it's pretty cool. Plus it's the Queen's Gallery rather than the actual Buckingham Palace (that's next door) but I won't split hairs.
Last edited by SuperHans on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What I mean is that they should be more honest. I mean, at least Tony Adams from the IRA, he's like 'Yeah, I shoot people, I like shooting people!' I mean, if they were more honest, then maybe people would vote and not switch straight over when the news comes on."

SuperHans
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:03 am

Sorry, I wasn't trying to criticize, I was simply trying to point out to aeleon that saying she wanted to see peoples talents as opposed to other things, then listing stuff that had nothing to do with her own talents was ironic.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eNzeru on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:49 am

Hmm. Nothing really interesting about me but I'll give it a shot.

(Btw, I don't know if any of these are interesting but .. meh.)
numberONE; I was born in the hospital an hour apart from my friend who was born on the bed next to my mother's.
numberTWO; I know two people who have the same birthday as me.
numberTHREE; I had a near-death experience. I drowned (I was at the bottom of the pool unconscious and everything) and strangely enough, I was dreaming about that episode of the Simpsons when Homer suggests they move under the sea and he eats all the sea creatures. My brother saved me so that's good (:
numberFOUR; My brother was born 10 years and a day before I was.
numberFIVE; I sleep with my eyes half open 8D
numberSIX; I dream of things and maybe a week later, it actually happens and I feel dejavu. Really weird.
numberSEVEN; I can eat as much as I want but I NEVER gain any weight. Probably my super metabolism.
numberEIGHT; i speak english and simple indonesian. I'm also teaching myself how to speak Japanese.
numberNINE; I'd say I'm probably the only one in my year group at my school who is pretty smart, good at art, sport, singing and cooking. And pretty decent-looking too >.<
numberTEN; I'm asian. That makes me epic =D Mwahahha !! ;D

eNzeru
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheUnspeakable on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 pm

I've seen a lot of feats of trolling in my day, but this thread's gotta be in the top five. Everyone get your rulers ready, there's some serious measurin' going down!
Last edited by TheUnspeakable on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheUnspeakable
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm currently writing, directing, designing, and scripting an RPG (the video-game kind, not the text kind, of course) using the awesome RMVX engine. The story is on the scale of the average Final Fantasy.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gautama on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:59 pm

TheUnspeakable wrote:Everyone get your rulers ready, there's some serious measurin' going down!

I'm so utterly awesome I broke the ruler.

Gautama
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:11 pm

You do understand what TheUnspeakable meant with his ruler comment, right?

Made more sense before it was edited. Shoulda kept it the same.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!