Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Possibly Pirates

Possibly Pirates 2: OOC and Discussion

a part of “Possibly Pirates”, a fictional universe by Jadeling Hawkins.

The epic tale of piracy and adventure, swashing and buckling, true love and lifelong grudges, curses, monsters, sword fights, a whole world of the possibilities of piracy!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Possibly Pirates”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Possibly Pirates 2: OOC and Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey folks,

I wanted to let everyone know that my writing my not be up to snuff in the coming week or more. My grandmother passed away in her sleep sometime last evening. I'm not going to stop role playing because I need the escape it offer but the quality might suffer a little. Thanks in advance for your forgiveness of grammar and spelling mistakes.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Oh Irish! I'm sorry to hear that.

Alas I'm in the same boat as Irish on this one folks. My grandpa has been diagnosed with cancer and we're waiting on the results to find out what stage lymphoma... so I will still be here, but my writing, I fear, may suffer, but I shall try my hardest to pull out my best.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Aren't we a pair, aye Rose?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 pm

We must be, my friend, an' what a sight we be.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Methinks we could use a barrel of Nelson's Blood

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ModelShipwright on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:11 pm

I went down that road a long time ago. It's rather hard to type it, but I feel that I should share it with you; when I was younger we had a family vacation to the grand canyon, and my grandfather had an accedint with a mule which caused his heart to give out. I don't want to go into that any further, but I hope that everything turns our well for you two.

And don't worry about the grammar mistakes, I don't even have to be upset to make a few hundred grammar mistakes in one sentace. Heh

If I may offer, i'd be more than happy to help you get your mind off things. Hmm... Maybe a 14-day free trial on my favorite pirate MMO would help a bit? Arr-de-darr? :D

ModelShipwright
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 am

Sorry to hear abou' that me darling accented canine.
Hold up well <3

...and why don't I talk to you anymore?
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Who's going to post, now?

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Watching the clock...
Tick..........Waiting for it....Tock....

Tick..........Tock....

We're moving along fast, aren't we?
I love escalators, because escalators can never break--they can only become stairs.

Blade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:37 am

I posted. Tisn't my best work...but it is one thirty in the mornin' and I'm recoupin' from my sister's wedding and reception... but its a post... Sorry its soo short...

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ModelShipwright on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:25 am

Blade wrote:Watching the clock...

Tick..........Tock....

Is that suppost to be taken as good or bad?

ModelShipwright
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:35 pm

ModelShipwright wrote:
Blade wrote:Watching the clock...

Tick..........Tock....

Is that suppost to be taken as good or bad?

.........Yeah... I don't know where that came from. My post seemed pretty straight forward. I'm here to mock, dude.

Nothin has really seemed to happen since I checked up on you guys, whats going on? Is it finaly dying?

Blade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ModelShipwright on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:02 pm

If you don't mind me asking, its been almast a month since anyone last replied to anything having to do with this roleplay; Is anyone going to be posting anything soon? The way I see it, checking this everyday is becoming a waste of time.

ModelShipwright
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 pm

Well, in responding, I didn't say anything to Blade's post because it was obvious smelly Troll garbage and therefore undeserving of being noted :)

In regards to the roleplay itself, Skallagrim is going through some stuff and out of friendly respect I am patiently waiting to see whether he feels like continuing here. There really isn't (and we have historical proof of this) a Possibly Pirates without Skall involved. So patience is necessary here.

I have considered the possibility of starting up another game in the universe, possibly even a second-generation thing, but I think it would have to be with other characters completely. It just sort of depends on what the interest of other potential players would be.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ModelShipwright on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Actually, I like that idea. I think that we should start up a new RP, something that is possibly around the same time period but with a different setting?

Perhaps we could discuss this idea over PM's. Would you be interested in an RP around the Napoleonic War Era? I feel like since this is a pirate seafaring roleplay, it would make sense for a sister one to be made up of Napoleonic Era infantry and/or naval engagements. I know several people that would love to do something like this, are you interested? I've had the idea for awhile.

EDIT

I myself am a bit against a second generation roleplay, basically because of "Star Treck: The Next Generation"

ModelShipwright
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:35 am

Sorry gang. Yes I have been putting off writing while I have been dealing with other, more pressing needs. However if there is continued interest I will beging posting again, but I think we will need to overhaul the players involved. No offense MSW, but some of the major personalities that propelled the story, (besides me) have taken an extended leave of absence.

If there is enough interest to whip a new generation of PP I will be glad to participate.

Otherwise I will post tomorrow afternoon and probably maintain a posting cycle of every 2-3 days.

Skall
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:39 am

Skall, it is extremely good to hear from you.

I for one am still definitely still interested in this game, and look forward to your post. Anyone else that is interested in continuing has me looking forward to them as well :)

I think a new generation (metaphorically and literally) of PP would be fun. So whatever might come from that, I would be willing to collaborate on.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:25 am

As someone who was briefly (yeah I know, I'm sorry- I just didn't feel like I could properly slot my character into the RP without forcing things) involved in this, I would like to express my interest in a potential second-generational RP. So, keep me posted if one does get started up, Jade!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ModelShipwright on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:29 am

Well, I know that I haven't been here very long and I hate to be the wild card of the group but I'm still against the idea of a second generation. It's not that I don't understand where its coming from, and that I know you want to keep PP going. Although I feel like it would be doing the same exact thing over again, it would be rather close to the same story just with different characters and slightly different personalities; only the result would be the same.

EDIT

That is... If anyone cares to hear my opinion considering I never get any direct responses.

ModelShipwright
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

Sorry kids my birthday was yesterday and the wife had things planned out that stopped me from finishing my PP post.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!