Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crimson Metal

Crimson Metal [O/A]

a part of “Crimson Metal”, a fictional universe by Skittle_Overlord.

The Parasites are almost unstoppable, they just keep coming. A ragged band of pilots who don't even like eachother doesn't stand a chance. Do they? Literate Sci-Fi Mecha roleplay

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crimson Metal”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Crimson Metal [O/A]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:32 pm

DO WANT.

...well...in my case...DO NEED.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:46 pm

@Skittle_Overlord: The Topic seems like a fine idea, so long as it gets use. On the topic of Pepper,I feel trust comes in delegating people to tasks, as that means you expect them to get it done. That in itself is a form of trust. Now, if she started putting them on pointless tasks while she did the jobs... That wouldn't be trusting them. Either that or ignoring their own perception of the situation and the like.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:52 am

The individual topic is certainly an option, although we have been doing a lot of post reviewing in this forum. Its main use would to help organised everything and leave this for general OOC chat.
A little note, if you're having trouble writing some things I suggest listening to music while writing. It generally helps me with inspiration. I normally don't go for songs but instead listen to stuff like X-Ray Dog, Audiomachine, Two Steps From Hell and Future World Music. They all have quite awesome and inspiring music.

So far Pepper has displayed several traits of good leadership, notably she has taken responsibility of the situation with a calm outlook at the moment. Although she hasn't taken much time to actually deal with her team independently which isolates her as a leader a bit. As you have mentioned, she is only ordering them around. For example she pushed Xeke away for with his inquiries about his uncle and is generally going against opinions of two of her team members by insisting on fixing everything before returning. This won't cut it in the long term since she would have to work on relationships as most, if not all of them, don't hold her in high esteem and doubt her due to her age. A battle will show what she is like under pressure and we have yet to reach that.

Earme has done what he wants to do most of the time with or without her consent. She isn't exactly very disciplined in her command, which could be a good and bad thing. Earme disagrees with her choices and holds a prejudice against her so she will have opposition. What does go in her favour is that she kept herself in line as things went bad.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:55 am

So I developed a question when thinking about the scope of the carrier's FTL drive. What do we plan the squad to do during the future of the RP? Go into space and defend earth from more waves of parasites? (This is what I currently assume, because it states in the intro that most of Earth's mecha fighters are killed) Or will we trying to take the fight back to the parasites on their own turf to buy Earth some time so that the empires can get to it? (the intro seemed to slightly allude to this as a possible situation as well)

Some clarification, if there is a set plan, would be cool. Otherwise I propose we develop one.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 pm

To add on to Max's question, I have restricted the onboard drive to 100 AUs or so to stop it from being overpowered, which is around the diameter of our solar systems. So we can't leave by that means. I've also offered that conventional methods of leaving the system have been seized by the parasites. Really its Skittle choice on the direction she wants to take this. By rights the trainees would want to take the message to whoever can help and so having the blockade prevents this option. Of course they could assume someone else would've gotten the message out and remain.

I have an option of a course of action which I kinda like. Although the surprise attack by the parasites would destroy most of the earth's defense forces some would have survived like our Squad. We can search for these remnants and mount a successful resistance. Also, there is a course of action I think should be implement whatever direction we take. The military is intended to defend civilians and there undoubtedly would be survivors, I would think one of the main concerns of the students would be to find and protect them.

Its all up to Skittles though. There may already be a plan and our suggestions are of little relevance. Still I would like to know the general plan Overlord has for us.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Okay, this is a bump and a double post but I think we need it. Who is up to post, I understand we are waiting for Sneaky. It seems that he is having a difficult time gaining access to the internet. I do think we can't let this roleplay go idle while waiting, I've seen a lot of RPs die that way and I don't want that to happen here.

In order to keep posting up without advancing the plot too far I suggest that Nimea can probably respond to
Ba'al and Pepper to respond to Rio if that is possible. If he is not back by them I do offer that we fade him to the background until we get to our first fight. We can probably fit interaction between the others over the period of time.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Weirdo won the rock paper scissors game, so she got to post first (which she just did) and I will do so shortly I suppose. I am bereft to leave sneaky behind in posting, but oh well, I suppose it really can't be helped can it? I did feel that I should adress everyone here about what was going to happen first though. In terms of why and how the team will end up throwing their own seige against the Parasites.

The thing is, Earth is not really militant. It has contracts with the other Empires for protection and its humans voice the ranks of other Empires if they join the military. This triad of planets has faced against the other invading races surrounding them for some time. And there are other races, but we ain't going to be getting help from them (or at least not likely) and so we won't really dicuss them right now.

So since Earth is pretty defenceless save for ground people bearing arms in rebellion, the Parasites chose it to invade and occupy first. From there, Xial and then Balthor. It would be pretty pointless for the team to stick around earth, they'd do nothing to help it besides dying or putting up a pointless fight. I think it would be best if the team took to space, and from there break through the as of yet small blockade, and send a transmission to one of the Empires, letting them know what is going on. From there, since the team already has found out so much (like, the parasites have humanoids and they can jam sound devices pretty damn well) they could try to go find out more. Launching small attacks to poke holes into the 'mothership' and of course capturing Nimea. The Prince has something planned too that could throw them all off. In all, so far we are looking at Rio's rescue mission, breaking through the blockade (then a waiting period where not much action but a lot of character interaction goes) and then sending transmission to Xial most likely, and then planning next move to infiltrate mothership, capture Nimea, and I've got nothing besides that planned out ahead of time...

UGH, long list.

I kinda like the idea of finding other survivors though, should we add that on and have others board our ship as npcs? I can see Pepper having a huge crush on a dreamy Ace Pilot that survived XD

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weirdo on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:32 pm

moreover, I would like to add that this rp will not die. period. me and skittle will post back and forth npcing all of your guys characters if we have to, it ain't gonna stop. EVER. Kind of like a parasite ain't it? XD mwahahahahaha

I still vote we name the ship Debby

edit- I had to edit my post because a piece of writing from another post from another rp got in there by accident! It's fixed now, so don't be confused

Weirdo
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Okay, since you've got a plan then we'll run with that. Of course what I characters decide will have all the influence. Capture Nimea!? Is this the plot twist previously mentioned or is it more convoluted? You shouldn't have given away that much.

Okay, so what will the situation be with the tech? Do you want the carrier to be able to leave the system or not? Also, since they're empires, will all three races will have colonies scattered over the place? Well the solar system is a big place, are you talking about earth specifically or the whole system?

Hmm, well they could undertake little rescue skirmishes to earth. Just searching for survivors or maybe some distress signals. Yeah, NPC them. It means the scale of the battles could be a bit larger. It also allows other PCs to be brought in. We can also kill them off, including the Ace pilot. However I urge caution on the introduction of too many other pilots. If any of them are military they may outrank our characters which might make it harder for the roleplay to realistically develop in the way you want.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Okay...so, just to make sure you know, from this point onward, anything I post is open to be hacked apart by you guys. Just so you know.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:59 am

Alright? So two days from the last post. Someone should be able to post now. I thought Pepper was going to be doing something? Tami can still fit in a post as well.

Edit: Just for the hell of it I've created an additional character on the Parasites side. Enter the Master of Death. Now most of the character is fluff and overstated awesomeness. I'm kinda hoping he would be accepted and would be willing to tone the description down just to have someone for Ba'al to work with when Nimea goes.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:24 am

Oh, Oh man......... sounds like one scary badass MF to me......lol at painted fingernails tho.....

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 pm

...hm, I posted finally but, your character Templar...seems a bit-

Well I dislike simply bloodthirsty psychos to begin with, they have very little depth and no interesting things about them. Plus I have no intention of letting you play such a powerful character, unless you want to be that Ace pilot we talked about? We don't need anymore Parasites, we need more to add onto the squad.

You're an awsome rper no doubt, but simply put I have no intention of allowing more Parasite humanoids, 'Mother' already finds two difficult enough to keep under control. They are seperate entities from her, and as such they have free will, very troublesome.

But anywho I really see no problem with having ranked soldiers on the ship that we rescued, as long as they aren't commanders is all. Then Pepper could make the arguement that they either sit in the corner or cooperate....or get thrown off the ship. But anyway if you want to make an Ace pilot that Pepper completely crushes on you can have him be a level 0 if you want? Then Pepper is REALLY going to have a crush on him.

edit: I think sneakyrio left us....

Oh and I was just thinking that if the Ace pilot is so high a level, maybe he's just irresonsible and so that is why he isn't a commander? Maybe I can Weirdo to make him if Templar doesn't want to.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:54 pm

You really didn't say where that ship-shot was headed-- is it okay to presume it was aimed at me? Or, at least, a large Parasite that was near Ba'al?

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:03 pm

not aimed, just fired really, so you could say it was near you if you like? But don't go posting till others have,

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Yay, battle starting!

Also, *looks around*.......... an extremely skilled male pilot that another highly skilled female pilot has visible affections for.......... *looks at Kennith* O shit..... *Struggling to hold Kennith back* Wait! Stop the rage! Your supposed to grow as a character, not commit homicide! (lol, I suspect a one sided rivalry)

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Tell you what...I'll wait for tomorrow night to post, during of which I will have Ba'al reveal his more caring side as he moves one of his Breatheren out of the way of the shot. (To make it more realistic, it can be another carrier of a second Seed)

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 pm

you don't have to have him be caring you know, Just have him as you want him :) although it is cute that he cares for his own.

And max, that's hilarious XD he probably won't even be mad that it's Pepper in particular, just that the females in proximity aren't adoring him! LOL, doofus face. Love it.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:09 pm

*Activates stalker powers* Welp, a quick look reveals Sneakyrio is indeed still online and around on the site, with last known activity on the 31st of August. Perhaps someone should send a PM and see if they're still interested or not? Would certainly make it easier to disconfirm the character or keep them around. Would definately help in deciding to axe the character or turn them into an NPC at any rate. And hooray for activity! I'll get to working on something soon enough.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HiddenNymph on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:50 am

ahh sorry for not being around my laptop is under repairs (currently using a friends). I will try to get a post in as soon as possible! got a lot of catching up to do it seems o.0
http://www.meh.ro/original/2010_01/meh.ro3249.jpg = Its funneh :3

Did Ghandhi ever tell anyone he hated them? No, he turned away and became the better man.
Doubt I have the capacity for that. Sorry.

HiddenNymph
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!