Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gods; A New Age.

Gods; A New Age.

a part of “Gods; A New Age.”, a fictional universe by Saxious.

Three millennia have passed since the last Great War against Appollyon, the God of Destruction. New civilizations has emerged, new Gods are born, new conflicts has started, and old alliances are tested.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gods; A New Age.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Gods; A New Age.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Just wanna bring this up after reading your post but I don't really like the idea of your god having access to absolutely everything he wants... or that he's basically Freddy Krueger.

On another note, I'm getting the feeling that people have misconceptions about Vára. The only reason she scolded/disemboweled Imperios was because he's her son; she couldn't care less what the other gods did as long as they don't interfere with her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 am

*Holds up a sign that says, "Vára must DIE!"*

Misconceptions? I have no clue who this Vára is. Did you forget to take your medicine Life?

I really have been holding back my tongue lately while typing on the internet. I type something up and then say, "No that sounds stupid. This is just a waste of people's time." I don't know what's gotten into me that I start censoring what I say. Could it be that I'm actually maturing? Or maybe I'm turning into a government and a bunch of people that have nothing else to do other than complain about books that aren't 'ethically' correct with our time period. Tom Sawyer anyone?
♪♫♪♫ ((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)­­))) ♪♫♪♫
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hinasil
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 am

Medicine is for the blind and the foolish! Keep throwing back those pills until one day, amongst your Tylenol and sleeping aids, the Man decides to throw in a little extra and WHAM! Your their little, happy slave. Of course this is only relevant if you have managed to resist them thus far which is highly unlikely.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 am

Lifecharacter wrote:Just wanna bring this up after reading your post but I don't really like the idea of your god having access to absolutely everything he wants... or that he's basically Freddy Krueger.

On another note, I'm getting the feeling that people have misconceptions about Vára. The only reason she scolded/disemboweled Imperios was because he's her son; she couldn't care less what the other gods did as long as they don't interfere with her.

I get where you are coming from, and I'm sorry I didn't make this more clear: My god cannot kill anybody in there sleep, nor can he tell a soul about what another person is dreaming/saying in there sleep. He is kinda pathetic in the sense, but then again I'm pretty sure sleep is one of those things that everybody always assumes won't kill them. This is the reasons he really doesn't like Vara, as being the Goddess of Order she is the reason he has all of these guidlines and rules, like having to guard the Sleeping Gate, not take sides, keep his mouth shut about people's nappy times, that sorta stuff.

Also, even though he can hear a person's thoughts while they are sleeping, it is kinda like hearing everybody's thoughts at once: even for a god that can be extremely overwhelming. So normally he just turns that part of him off so he can sleep.
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 am

JokerofSpades wrote:He began swimming through the realms of the gods, as he could do in his sleep. As his small room was connected to all, All were connected to him, and he could basically find out what anybody was doing... He would know what they were plotting later: He always did.

He doesn't seem too overwhelmed and even if he was that still leaves the fact that he can apparently read anyone's mind, look into anyone's domain, and induce insanity into anyone he wants. Some half-assed excuse of forced neutrality doesn't just give you the justification to do anything you want so long as it involves someone sleeping, which no one is at the moment. So he shouldn't be able to do anything right now with the power you've given him.

And again with Vára, she's the god of law, not order. She'd prefer order since it would cause her to be less busy but enforcing the order of the gods would likely be Murali's thing, after all that's her damn title.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Lifecharacter wrote:
JokerofSpades wrote:He began swimming through the realms of the gods, as he could do in his sleep. As his small room was connected to all, All were connected to him, and he could basically find out what anybody was doing... He would know what they were plotting later: He always did.

He doesn't seem too overwhelmed and even if he was that still leaves the fact that he can apparently read anyone's mind, look into anyone's domain, and induce insanity into anyone he wants. Some half-assed excuse of forced neutrality doesn't just give you the justification to do anything you want so long as it involves someone sleeping, which no one is at the moment. So he shouldn't be able to do anything right now with the power you've given him.

And again with Vára, she's the god of law, not order. She'd prefer order since it would cause her to be less busy but enforcing the order of the gods would likely be Murali's thing, after all that's her damn title.

Considering you have the power to read everyone's minds and infiltrate everyone's domain, despite the fact you are significantly weaker to the God who's domain you enter, you are enemy #1.
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:44 pm

So the main objectives so far are:
  • The liberation of Murali's people,
  • Doing whatever The Exalted do,
  • Dethroning Vára from a throne she doesn't really care about,
  • And now, getting all the Overdeities together with their mutual dislike of people spying on them to go stomp on Seriosis' face repeatedly.
Fun times to be had by all!

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Sounds about right

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Lifecharacter wrote:

Fine, I admit defeat: After going over my God's roles he does seem a bit unbalanced, even though my original ideas weren't. I guess things got out of hand, though I did picture him to be nosy. Nevertheless, the more I think about it the more I see that you are right Life. That part will most likely be tweaked...
On a different, less argumentative note, aren't laws supposed to create order?

But enough of that. If he gets destroyed, then so be it. That is the point of roleplays: You have fun until somebody feels like squishing you. xD

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Murali governs over Order, in pertaining to the idea that man has morales that they must follow and a specific path they are to follow. (we'll get more into detail when the Justicairs and Flamarites are free). Now Murali will not enforce Vara's laws out of respect for Vara, she made them so she will enforce them unless of course she asks for aid or has failed (in murali's eyes) to keep her laws. Lahar might have a different opinion but i wouldnt know.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Law is simply what order pertains to and what criminality rejects; it never stops existing and has no true opposite. That said Vára mainly focuses on laws that one can't really break (gravity, thermodynamics, momentum, etc.) and leaves those one can break, ie the ones made by other gods and mortals, to their respective people. Whatever the planet's name is is one little rock floating through a vast existence that she'd prefer not to give too much attention to.

She'd even leave Apollyon alone if he didn't mess with her, so the only reason she's gotten involved so far is because Imperios is her son and she'd rather have to scold him than watch the others kill him, and now she has a coalition of the minor gods to put down.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Well, that cleared up a lot actually. Thanks.
Though I feel like I just got schooled...

EDIT: I did edit the last part of my post for my god to make it more reigned and restrained on his 'night vision' (Had to xD) and his connectivity to the other Gods.
I do deserve the scrutiny about it, since he was god modding (I'm not sure how that works for a god... like a super god mod? Sure.)

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thepyromaker on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 am

Lifecharacter wrote:Law is simply what order pertains to and what criminality rejects; it never stops existing and has no true opposite. That said Vára mainly focuses on laws that one can't really break (gravity, thermodynamics, momentum, etc.) and leaves those one can break, ie the ones made by other gods and mortals, to their respective people. Whatever the planet's name is is one little rock floating through a vast existence that she'd prefer not to give too much attention to.

She'd even leave Apollyon alone if he didn't mess with her, so the only reason she's gotten involved so far is because Imperios is her son and she'd rather have to scold him than watch the others kill him, and now she has a coalition of the minor gods to put down.

Vara's laws (gravity, momentum, etc.) are exactly the types of laws that Hallick is the antithesis of; forces and ideas that are not supposed to change. In a universe where everything is created by gods, even the constant laws themselves, I think that anyone of those forces can be changed by the same forces that created them, and that is what Hallick is trying to accomplish.

Thepyromaker
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 pm

Hmmm, seems like Murali needs to keep an eye on Hallick...something about changing the Laws of Gravity doesn't really fly to well with me.... XD

jokerofspades-- And Night vision? Priceless.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Higurashi on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 pm

I do feel the need for godmod on the horizon.... I mean, okay. Your avatars power is specifically to use fire. But Magma from the earth? Really? A chasm that spans for endless miles? Honestly? At the very least, your avatar would be nearly Dead by such and effort. Likewise, Your flamars are tearing into my men like so much meat. If you think there is any sense on honor my men uphold, you misunderstand. Their honor is only to serve their God, and by extension their commanders. They would not be honorbound to neglect from using dirty methods. Infact, the press of bodies would mean they would be using the dead as sheilds.

Otherwise, i expect you mean to simply kill off my heroes. I'm sorry for bitching, but this is just how it looks to me.

Higurashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Ersatz's avatar is specifically not a fire user; she has the power of the, so far undefined, Voice. Her people are the ones breathing fire, not her.

And since she used enough power that you think she should be close to death, maybe your basic, insignificant, everyday soldiers shouldn't get to walk through her towering inferno set above a split in the earth so easily? And let us not forget that magma is already in the earth and depending on the location (which Ersatz and Oran get to define, not you) it could realistically be somewhat close to the surface.

I also didn't read anything really describing how your army fought, just how his liked biting people and thought that the Imperium was a group of "worthless cowards".

Edit: And hey, whats a massive chasm of fire and death if the infantry can just jump over it and the horsemen can conjure bridges from the ether to get on the other side? Not much apparently.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 pm

Eratz - thanks. I read over my post and instantly thought 'my dude got nightvision. WIN.'
And I don't think having any gravity around would be very productive... xD

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Higurashi, the magma is from the earth splitting. As you know, Madelina (Alyss is the Hero not the Avatar and it was Madelina who challenged you.) used the voice to split the earth and the fire rise forward and all that.,

The Fire died down, but the earth remained split, and as we all know from our geography class beneath the first layer of the earth is magma.

Madelina is indeed weakened. As you recall, i mentioned she fainted before she could conjure a third voice spell and the fire have died down because she has ceased to put her energy into it but the earth remains split because she is still putting her strength in doing that. (I somehow forgot to add that part, Shame on me).

The Voice will be explained in my next post. Till I post it up, for those of you who play elder scrolls skyrim its alot like the Dragon Shouts.

I don't mind the bridges and what not, He is backing it up with logic and he is taking losses which I say are quite appropriate (having faith in your God= the God will attempt to protect you) and the only one's not truly being affected by the fire is the Champions whom I was hoping were not at all affected by the flames so Alyss De Mandolin could take on one and the other take on one.

EDIT
Higurashi- the Magma is also not rising, just what's waiting for those who fall in.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Sooo, anyone want to work on something together while I wait for Oran to respond to Ersatz so Ersatz can bring me out of Limbo once again?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Sorry for my lag, I'm writing as we speak.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!