Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gods; A New Age

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Gods; A New Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Yuassa y Arkaid - Tavrin Wilderness

The two companions traveled in silence, only talking when they thought they heard something or felt anything. They covered a small part of the territory. The electricity between them could be sensed just by looking at them. They despised each other and being this close to each other for such an expansive amount of time only increased their dislike. Arkaid finally thought of something.

"This is getting us nowhere. Myami said to find out what's happening and have you help. It does not mean we have to travel together. So how about we each choose two other God's and go check to see if they're up to something."

Yuassa remained quiet.

Arkaid sighed, "I guess I'll take a likely option and choose the God of War. So if you pick another one we can get this over quickly. Meet back Kavrin when you're done and we can go from there." He started walking away slowly, making sure he didn't leave before Yuassa said anything. She just gave him a cold gaze in which made him start running with his unearthly speed.

Yuassa stood there looking in the direction he left. "Men, what idiots." She walked away too, thinking that the best God to talk about disorder is THE Order Goddess. It was going to be a long walk, especially since she can't run nearly as fast as Arkaid, but there are bound to be interesting things happen along the way.

Zeracial of the Elves - Elf Capital Stata

Zeracial surveyed the tactical map of the world. There were little figures that portrayed each factions known positions. They weren't at war, but if they ever were they should be a little prepared.

"I need to sleep, this has been a hard day." Zeracial said, making her way to her chambers. After changing into her nightgown she laid in her bed and fell quickly to sleep.

Myami - White Gorge

Myami had finished looking at herself so she sat upon her throne, staring down the long hall. She was not one who did something every moment, but rather she thought. Any random thought would branch off into another thought, then another and another. Much like when you talked with someone and you mention one thing that brings up a new conversation until you are so lost you don't remember how it started.

Thinking about trees and their creation, she felt something pull at her. It took a second to bring herself back and grew irritated, she loved trees. Heeding the call she faded from her realm and appeared in a seemingly new one.

The moment she arrived, she grew attached. The new dirt on the wall, screaming of joy to finally have found a home, was the major reason. Had she been alone, she would have done odd and peculiar things with it. Since there were others, she could not do any of those unspeakable things.

"There are those who have taste, and those who don't. You, Hallick," she said sitting down in the most obvious seat, a throne, "God of Change and Freedon (she liked to say the God/dess' title along with their name, as if they didn't know what it was), have taste. I just love what you did to the place. It could go without this odd feeling, but your walls, your walls make me want to... never mind. I digress the meaning of this meeting." She fell into silence after that, going back to her thought of trees.
â™Ș♫â™Șâ™«ï»ż ((((|ÌČ̅̅●ÌČ̅̅|ÌČ̅̅=ÌČ̅̅|ÌČ̅̅●ÌČ̅̅|)­­))) â™Ș♫â™Ș♫
â–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–ŹàźœÛ©ÛžÛ©àźœâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Ź

Hinasil
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
â–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–ŹàźœÛ©ÛžÛ©àźœâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Źâ–Ź

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hinasil
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Change's Call
Selene sat in her chair, furiously writing the names of those who were destined to die.
Today, there were quite a few.

She kept her eyes closed, whispering names to herself as she scribbled in the book. The process was described as, “creepy” by Solaria, who sat across from her sculpting the figures for the children who would be born.

Eve was looking into the Mirror, watching the followers of the Fire goddesses battle. She shook her head. “Many tangles in the web, my sisters.”

Selene's eyes flew open as she felt herself being pulled to the realm of another God.
“Someone wants my attention.” she said coldly. “The God of Change.”

Eve looked at Selene and smiled. “Smile Sister. You can't hate every other God.”
The Death Goddess rolled her eyes. “I can try.”

Eve laughed softly. “Go to his realm. Listen to him. What he has to say might have a positive impact on us. And take Solaria with you.”

Solaria was letting a sparrow go with the spirit of a child. She trusted the sparrows with those innocent lives and they took them to the child being born. The Birth Goddess turned around to look at Eve.
“Why must I go? Selene can handle herself.”

Selene nodded. “I don't need her.” Eve laughed. “You have a tenancy of insulting other Gods.”
The Death Goddess rolled her eyes and brushed a strand of her white hair out of her face.
She gave Solaria a look that said, “Let's go.” and they disappeared.

Selene and her sister reappeared in the Realm of Hallick. While Solaria admired to the Realm, Selene much preferred to get out it as soon as possible. “Hallick.” she greeted coldly.

Selene turned to Anarchae and smiled coldly. “How are you, Anarchae? I trust you've been up to as much trouble as you always are.” Selene never liked the “Mother of Revolution.” She was just like a rebellious teenager, getting mortals to constantly fight against law and order. As a goddess of Fate, Selene like both of those things and hated it when people fought against what was destined.

For a moment, Selene forgot about the rebellion going on in her own lands. The rebellion that she had sworn to aid.

The Red Sisters

On the battlefield, where the Denpadim and the Flamarites had fought, another battle would start again.
Laughter and giggles were heard as several figures were seen dancing on the horizon.

Clad in crimson veils and scarlet jewels, a special type of the Ladies of Death, ran close, so that both sides could see them.

The Red Sisters, Ladies that appeared when many were to die in war or a battle. They laughed and danced, watching the two sides, waiting for the battle to start again.

Their leader, Blood, watched with a smirk on her face. She opened her mouth and let out an ear piercing scream, the warning of the Red Sisters. The other Sisters joined in, making a demonic sounding choir of screams and moans.

Then, in syn, they all broke out in a wild sprint, breaking into two groups going to each camp.
They laughed and screeched, running through the camps and pointing at those who were destined to die in this battle.

Most wouldn't dare to harm a Red Sister. To harm a warning Lady was to call upon Selene's wrath.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 am

“We are what we are.”
~Mask’s description of himself and the Maskmen.

Lord Bail was pleasantly surprised by the manners that he was shown. A small voice in the back nagged him, warning him that the drinks were poisoned, the food drugged and the people were hiding daggers to assail him any given moment. It was the way of the Maskmen to expect anyone to be a murder and never let down ones guard, diplomatic or not.

“You have my deepest gratitude for giving me such a royal welcome,” Lord Baile said as he seated himself at the table. “May I be the first to raise my glass for the health and well-being of Her Majesty. May her reign be long and prosperous.”

Baile sipped from his cup and then cleared his throat, “Well, Lord Hane, as we say in the Union. ‘There are two sides to a coin’,” Baile gave Lord Hane a mischievous look and a devilish smile. “I’m here as the letter states. Business and I’m here to scratch a few backs.”
Leaning back on the stool, the smile stayed on the man’s face. “Lord Hamelton is interesting in broadening his trade for metals, and he sees the Ruwen Kingdom as a new market place. He and I has agreed that itwill be best to bring forth some more social benefits in this agreement, for you are no doubt already aware of the smugglers that are leaving your ports. Well, Lord Hamelton and I are willing to help you tighten up the grip around these men’s trade.
Now, I know that non-Maskmen doesn’t like corruption at the same level that we do, so look at it as a form of side dish. This deal will grant you a new trade partner, and a second man who’ll make sure that the smugglers stops doing what they do and get an honest job.”

Baile allowed the thought to sink in before he continued, after all seeds of corruption needed both time and water to grow. There was honestly no way that the Union would help anyone to stop smugglers, this deal was meant to increase smuggling. If the Ruwen Kingdom agreed to this, then it would mean that the smugglers could do their business in the broad daylight instead of night.
Who would check legal merchants? They’d be the perfect way which the criminal lords to get more than what they paid for.

“I know there has been incidents between the Ruwen and the Union in the past, however, wouldn’t you think that we’ve both matured with the time? After all, any merchant can proper within the Union. We don’t ask so many questions as the Avuvians,” Baile tempted.

“On the other side,” Baile then added. “There is a small matter I need to bring up.”
Baile took the cup up for another drink, “If you decide to agree with this, I’m afraid that it will bring forth some of the uglier side of trade. Some might even start to send thugs and assassins to make you cancel this deal and I would not like to see that.
I know of a certain guild with speciality in protection, perhaps, if you agreed to this business deal, you’d also consider sending these men a small note? I will be so kind to lay in a good word and I’d even offer a fair coverage for the rest of your life, and your children, and their children.”

Baile knew that family was usually the soft spot, and he never hesitated in hitting it hard. Hard and with loads of salt to add in.

“Cut off the head and the tail stings. Cut off the tail and the head bites. Cut the center in half and you’ll be in more pain than ever.”
~Saying amongst Assassins.

The sun’s rays crept across the land, erasing it of the depressing darkness that covered it, reflecting off the dirty plate armor and chainmail as the Manchester army marched off towards Grelep-Grep. The sound of drums setting a killing pace could be heard from miles away, the rhythmic beating of the marching feet could be felt through the soil.
The union had come, with some of its finest soldiers and most competent commanders, who came for a currency only measured in sweat, death and blood.

Karl sneered as he looked through his spyglass. Black smoke rose high into the air, clearly the battle had intensified for nothing could be seen, and it meant that the two groups had starting burning crops, homes, and maybe even whole cities.
“Order the men to march harder! We need to stop this revolution before it gets out of hand!” Karl ordered.

Orders were shouted up and down the ranks, the tempo increased yet Karl didn’t feel that he got anywhere closer. He cursed again, pushing the men further wouldn’t make them battle ready when they arrived and he had to be careful with how he approached the enemy. He knew virtually nothing about the enemy and with no form of artillery, it was almost ensured that he’d loose if he didn’t play his cards right.

Finally as were within reasonable distance of Grelep-Grep, Karl could see the fighting was taking place near the cliffs and ordered his army into formation, Shields and spearmen at the front, archers and ranged soldiers at the back. The cavalry was found evenly distributed, ready to charge into the enemy’s side and use their mobility to take scores of enemy soldiers per charge.
Sword drawn and the words hanging in his throat, Karl was ready to attack revolutionaries.

“The more you kill, the more likely they’ll come back with more.”
~Unknown Reich description of orcs.

The orcs watched with both fear and amazement as the humans opened their gates and a single man came riding out of the city. They were superstitious and fearful of what their leaders didn’t understand and right now, none of the clan chieftains could explain why the humans had actually opened their gates and their leader coming out. Was it a trap? A trick? Or had Kraz bewitched their leader?
The orcs scurried away as the human spoke, few really spoke the human tongue and those that did speak it didn’t understand the accent which the man spoke with.

The sound of heavy footsteps could be heard as Grom got nearer to the human general, Orcs retreated out of the ogre-sized orc as he walked casually to the horsed man. Even seated on a horse, Titus was dwarfed by the sheer size of Grom, the beast’s mouth could without a doubt fit a whole head inside and still with room for chewing. Yet it wasn’t the large orc that seemed to be in command, every orc eyed the small crippled orc that sat on the monster’s shoulder, it’s crippled leg exposed for everyone to see, the small orc looked down on Titus, one of its eyes had been replaced with some form of trinket which now shone brightly yellow.

“I am Kraz Bale-Eye, Warlord of the orcs,” Kraz said, introducing himself to general Tirtus, his accent thick as he spoke the human language. “I must say the bravery of the Seamen is greater than what I was told as a youngling. You dared to fight us on the sea despite your numbers, we be honored for such a welcoming.”

Kraz then shifted on his metallic seat, barking quickly to Grom and the giant obediently lowered itself so Kraz and Titus could look eye to eye. “Now, it is seen as an honor to be killed by an orc, yet I also hear that you humans think not. I will give you a chance to give back what your kind took from us.”

Kraz’s face grimaced, “Give me the Ring of Warlord Halmelton, and I will let you be. Urgael promised us this ring many campaigns ago, but your kind stole it! Now we come to take it back. Give it now, while you breathe, or when your body be cold and with no life.”

Kraz’s patient quickly began to diminish. He was used to everyone scrambling to fetch what he wanted, when he wanted it, and he held no exceptions for humans. “If I do not get it
I will burn down this city. And the next, and the next after that. For every army you defeat I will come back with two more. Tell me, warlord, is that what you want? Every year your people will tremble as we come, never knowing whether we will break down the walls, every year your women will cry their eyes out as their sons either die or are served on our plates.”

Kraz’s eye shifted from yellow to red, his orcish temper was getting the better of him already, yet he would not break the peace. Such actions could tear a whole horde apart quicker than even Kraz would dare to imagine.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Things Fall Apart

"Our Lady's" Bathhouse

A toast for longevity, another for ambition, another for beauty and longing and gods and life and civilization. The chorus of toasting had followed Cirealla about wherever she went, though she knew the real reason, they may have toasted for the glory of the moment, but it was all a means to an end, as sweet an inebriation, so that they might forget the glory of the moment.

So the sounds of laughter very often drowned Cirealla's thoughts. She never could do much in public besides tend her carefully constructed image. Menale could pay to have the mountains flayed and gutted, but Cirealla could pay with a smile. She often wondered if people knew they did her so much for nothing. Her wealth was so splendid, yet men would die to do her a favor, in her climb to the top, she seemed to have o'erleaped it entirely. Perhaps this was what divinity felt like, with her worshipers begging for rain, content still in drought so long as they are noticed.

The feeling of divinity was a sharp pain in her side, a catching of the scream in her throat, and the sudden coldness of the floor against her while the world erupted from boisterous laughter to earthshaking screams.

It felt like darkness, and a crushing weight, like everything she built was now resting on her, the darkness of her lids, the blankness, was sweet relief from the noise and haste.

She held desperately to the edge.

Take the Current When it Serves

The Port and Lowlands of Osialquienem

The Qtoli ramp to the North of the city had been closed at both of its extreme, but Dendapim still struggle up its face, just to get closer to the city. Surely the tollsmen would see that they were Dendapim, and that they deserved to enter. Those with swift feet hurried to the base of the cliffs, hoping to find a private lift through some of the numerous caverns, others simply moved to hide.

Above in Osialquienem the people were more confused than frightened. The Propagandists could not keep a story. Tales of Flamarite swarms hoping to invade the bounteous hide, or inhuman Muraliiq crawling up the cliffs like rodents had people ready to rip the marble from the halls of justice, but yet many preached close upon that the battle was to be ignored, and the Dendapim way of life unchallenged.

Work continued, while the only word the Propagandists were able to agree on was Dendapim, all the rest was cacophonous and uncontrolled. Justicar within the city were encouraged to pay a tax for their bretheren's upheaval, and were being gathered, hopefully to act as interpreters, though it became quickly apparent that the Muraliiq conspiracy outstretched the Dendapim's greatest predictions.

In the bathhouse there was the usual loud ruckus, and the Avatar's palace was filled with people coming and going, papers in hand. The only thing different was the topic of the pamphlets and Qtoli's gate left locked.

Messengers struggled to get inside the city, but none were allowed. Worse yet, the Dendapim had lost their leaders. Igavene had ridden out of the city and not been heard from again, Menale had not returned from the battle, and Cirealla clung desperately to life.

A young man, still growing, steadied his voice, which only now ceased to crack and tremble with youthful uncertainty. He moved to the port, where the Avuvians, never far off from a Dendapim port, had arrived, ready to broker a peace conference. Was that their position? Were they now so civilized as to call an end to another country's affairs like a parent silencing children?

He greeted the ambassador, though there was little spoken, the woman suggested the "Judges" were with her, which certainly sounded pompous, but he was certain her position would warrant a private lift up to the city, and that meant reparations.

"I am Gairus, I will lead you to the Hall of Justice that we might settle this."

He led them quickly past the great Qtoli ramp, to the base of the cliffs, though few people gathered there. The caves, thick with spiderweb and asbestos, stretched on before them, but they headed to a larger pillar, just beside a small murky pond, which was constantly rippling for the waterfall which poured rather unceremoniously from the far wall. The rear of the pillar revealed its hollowness, and though Gairus made no apparent signal, the waterfall ceased its flow and the platform within began to grind upwards through the dark tunnel. A remnant of what the Dendapim were once capable of, making hollow the bones of the earth.

Above, the wedding distrct, a tree lined lane, and a crowd about the gleaming white Hall of Justice.

A River from Eternity

The Perimeter, the Hills of Asphodel

Grumpsh quietly strolled along the the fields as they were. The water in the crik ran clear, and the grass still grew, however dry. The snowdrops were still white, and the land not choked with corpses and smoke, trampled over by hoof and sword.

He lingered in that for a moment, before turning to count the corpses which began to melt into his realm. He quietly paced their twisted ranks, taking what was his, breathing deeply.

However many years ago he thought, mankind could do wonders with their wills, and though the souls had gone to Crypt, he took a moment to see their faces as they were, before the bodies again faded from his realm.

He then began to speak their names to himself, making no point of rank or nationality.

But of course, in the true realm, not this facsimile thereof, blood was soon to be shed again, as more forces converged upon the fields.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Madelina Seisk, The

Empress of the Reich, Avatar of Murali, Divine Knight Commander of the Judge Order, Painted Lady of the Miraluka, Queen of Justicair, and Sovereign of Flamar

Amongst all the madness and panic that occurred, Madelina did not panic, and this encouraged Flamar to do the same. It was clear just how much they looked up to this women, their empress and if any knew anything if history, they would know why. Her eyes, were fixed on the enemy in front of her, ignoring the malevolent spirits around her. Her people were in no fighting condition and she did not wish to spill anymore blood then had been spilled already.

“Savage vermin, I will warn you only once!”, she shouted, her voice echoing for miles.

“Edar oplin mojka.” She uttered and the earth began to tremble before her Voice. The ground between the Imperium and the Flamars cracked and split for as far as the eye could see.

“Ixen vhira vhir gethrisj svern yoweth sotsca wer svant
”

From this gap, which did not stop to grow, spat out fire. This fire rose high unto the heavens and threatened to swallow whole any man that came near.

“guawysverni jilg
dout harkaj
 thri..thrice
”. Madelina then feel to her knees, exhausted by the power she used and unable to finish the next casting. Alyss rushed to her Sovereign’s side and aided her stand. “Murali help them, if they do not retreat now, not a soul will be left to tell their tale.”, she said in a whisper and looked at what she had done.

The Empress Speaks

Murali then spoke, addressing all her ‘subjects’.

“There shall be no more peace
”.

Her voice echoed throughout all the Domains and reached the Ears of every existing Deity.

“A great army shall ascend from the North to bring my people out of slavery. That is the sole purpose of their March and they will attempt to do this with extreme prejudice. You may have guessed, and that the God of this army is I and if you guessed so, you are right. The men and women in that force are My Creation, they are the Miraluka who your mortals deemed dead. Unless you wish to aid my people I would suggest you remain neutral in this matter unless you wish to play with Fire. For those who will rise and march against me:

Your lands will be but a fine glass after the fires finally die and your people will be but a distant memory.”.

The Exalted March

The Knight Commander , as did all the Judges heard it. The time had come and as Knight Commander she had to lead the Order on their Exalted March.

The Knight Commander removed her helmet, revealing her blindfolds which covered where there should be eyes. She looked up at the men at the walls and declared.

“I am the Knight Commander of the Order of Judges, and a Miraluka the very race your foolish kind deemed extinct. My intent was to befriend the people of this land but It seems my Deity wishes me to do something else. May Murali guide you away from the grip of Crypt.”.

Meredith turned her horse around and rode off, the other 54 had done the same. They rode for The Sacred Citadel for it was here that the Judge’s would gather all their forces.
--------
King’s Bane

The four member’s of the Sovereign Guard heard Murali’s voice but they continued with their mission unlike the others who would literally dismiss themselves and walk march away. There mission was too important to abandon, they knew the Goddess would comprehend.

They each took a seat and spoke, this time it was only one of them that spoke. “Forgive me if this insults you, I doubt your man’s abilities in this case. This Dragon was chosen by a Goddess, Murali, to protect a weapon meant for her Avatar’s hands. Such a beast will probably not be so easily slain by a man or a group of men. Perhaps it would be best if we attempt to retrieve the weapon ourselves?”.

Another member then spoke. “Perhaps it would be, but as of now, we have nothing to spare, all our men are preoccupied with Her Will. Mercenaries will have to do.”.

“My brothers, do not judge so quickly. Perhaps this man will be competent, blessed with skill by the Deity he serves. Perhaps he has slain other beasts greater than the Exalted One. We will not know till we see the man.”.

With that there was no more talking, just waiting. To pass the time, they eavesdropped on the words of Murali and leaned over to one another, discussing what they heard in whispers and what it meant. (While the Judges can eavesdrop on Murali’s conversation they can only hear small portions of her speech.).

-----
The Gates of Manchester.

Isabella was to continue with Captain Rex and his men. The Captain had told her that they needed to go but after a small argument, Isabella convinced him to stay with her while they finished this assignment. Rex looked up at the gates, knowing that the Reich had once took down the majority of this wall, stone by stone.

“We are here to speak with the Baron.”, He shouted so the men on the walls could hear him.

Isabella, meanwhile, was preoccupied with this thought: The Mask Soldiers were the exact opposite of the Judges. Judges trained for roughly 10 to 15 years starting at the age of 5. They had uniforms, they were the most disciplined force to ever walk this earth and their prowess in battle was legendary. Everyman was armed to the teeth and knew more about strategy and war then most human generals, but that is probably because their sole purpose was battle.

The world had not seen the Judges do battle since the seige of the Sacred Capitol and if any man were send a force to combat them, he should probably reconsider attacking the Order. After all, the way they waged war was not the same as the humans waged war

An Assassins Skill.

Heinrich spotted his target and instead of doing what most would expect an assassin to do, which is stalk the man and find the perfect time kill him. No, Heinrich simply passed by the man and did what no one expected of him. He used the lute as if it were a club and swung it at the man’s head as hard as he could and he met his mark. The Lute itself broke, becoming a hundred sharp but harmless splinters and several chunks of potentially dangerous pieces of wood. (There wasn’t much else he could do, unless he wanted to risk having a sword or spear pierce right through his chest.)

“Murderer!”. He shouted, grabbing the attention of those around him.

The blow, would not kill only harm. Then guard came forth and grabbed Heinrich, asking why he had done such a thing while they dragged him off. Heinrich struggled with them saying things like. “Let me go! It’s that cutt throat you want!”

The crowd was surprised but not panicking, the guards had everything under control. Little did they know Heinrich had marked the man for death, and that this was only beginning.
___

The Quick Witted

Anna had been born into the Alumni and had devoted her life entirely to it for it was all she knew. She believed that through her service here she served Murali and by serving Murali her soul’s passage to the Final Sanctum was secured. This girl, who had come with him Heinrich in case things went wrong, saw what he did from the rooftop and sighed.

“That bastard forgot to pack his weapons didn’t he?”. She reached behind her, grabbing her rifle. It was not a very flashy gun, it did not have any designs or engravings, such a thing would only attract attention. It was plain and somewhat dull in comparison to most firearms. Still, it would do it’s job perfectly.

Anna brought the rifle up, and aimed it at the man that Heinrich had hit. “It’s nothing personal, just professional.”. She said and fired a round.

She then grabbed her things and moved quickly, for the guards will see the smoke the instant they turned to look where the round came from. Anna would not disappear however, she would only reposition herself and take another shot to finish the man or save Heinrich’s sorry ass.

_________

A small scale model of what is to come...

The Admiral’s job was to negotiate peace with the Avuvians, and at the moment Murali was not calling him to befriend the Denpadim, but rather she instructed every Judge available to do otherwise. So he did as she demanded. He permitted 560 of the men to hit the port, he came with them to make it seem as if he meant only to come and speak to the governing body but these men and himself were fully armed with swords and rifles and plenty of lead ammunition and wearing all their armor. The instant they got off their small metal transport boats, the Denpadim would know what the sound of a Richter Tungusten KK4 Deck Gun made when it fired and they’d know why the Judges preferred to load their weapons with incendiaries instead of the traditional lead which they carried in their bags.

The five ships opened fire, every gun on them shot at once, causing the boats to sway back and then return to their normal positions. From the massive turrets that were placed on deck, massive balls of fire rained down on the port and anything that could catch fire, was set on fire.

The Admiral, upon touching Denpadim soil shouted. “ Kill all that you can and all that you see!”. The soldiers with him rushed ahead, storming the houses and setting up positions in them as well as shooting civilians, man, woman, and child alike. Their force was small but the Judges had not survived this long to allow any force on this earth, out match them.

But this was nothing, in comparison of the hell that came from Nordstern and sailed from Freidon. A force of 50,000 Judges, 30,000 from Nordstern and 20,000 from Freidon, moved to the Lands of the Denpadim with only one intent. Kill every last worshipper of Nemea until they either ceased to be or until they submitted and allowed the Imperials to go free.

Long live the Empire, the Rising Phoenix of the North.
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Higurashi on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm

To be faithful to One's God

Typhos watched with the rest of the army as the ground split and cracked beore their eyes. Flames that reached to the heavens were not in any training they had ever had. Neither was one being having the ability to cause so much destruction with their mere voice. Finally, one of the champions stepped towards the flames, and drew his sword. Standing so close to the face of death was intemmidating to say the least. Carefully, he made the sign of the Imperial Eagle over his chest, and began to speak.

"They think that these heathen magicks will stop us... The mighty soldiers of the Imperium. Men, where has your courage gone? Has Imperios not imbued us with his power? Has he not let us put our faith in him, that he might protect us from danger? Shall we stand here now? To be defeated by one... Woman. I say, let us test these flames! Let us see how well they fare against the might of our IMPERIUM," he said with increasing ferocity with each sentence. "Men! Incite the Fifth Prayer of Protection! Third Verse, Second Segement! Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and MARCH!"

Slowly, uncertainly, the men began to sing. It started with one of the younger men, a fresh replacement. His faith in his God was strong, so he had memorized the Holy Book of Imperios, chants included. "Sok lok vell mek toos van sheill..." he said. "May my faith in my God hold steadfast. May my praise bring glory to his name. Imperios! Protect me from that which might undo me!" As he sang, alone, others began to join in. "For our home, for our llives, for our God! For the heights of Draskana! The low of Orphes! Praise be to our God, whose light blots out all darkness!"

Then, gaining courage, they marched forward. Foolish as it was, their faith was strong. Arcus, the middle champion, entered the flames first. As he stepped inside, he gasped in pain. The flames burned, greater pain than he had ever felt. But, he kept walking, and soon stumbled out the other side. Looking around, he noticed several suprised faces staring at him. Looking down at himself, he saw all the hair burnt from his body, and most of his armor, save for the metal, made into cinders. Looking up, he shouted, "See how my God protects me heathens! Give up your arms or die!" He now advanced, and the ranks of the Imperium followed. Many were wounded, a few, maybe a hundred or so, died. Their faith was not strong enough, and the flames consumed them as fitting sacrifice. Giving a mighty roar, the assembled infrantry charged at their enemy, intent on killing.

May they be Remembered...

Imperios was tired, to put things lightly. Another God's avatar was not lightly counteracted. That cursed God given gift had cost him good men, and weakened his force. However, he was sure that his efforts had saved the fates of many more. In his eyes, if the Flamar rebellion was not put down, it would one day come to challenge his own Imperium. That he simpyl would not stand for. So, feeding on each man's faith, he had protected them. It was a disappointment to see how many of them suffered burns, or death for their lack of faith. But indeed, that same faith only grew ever stronger as more marched through, and lived. He knew he was probably going to get a visit from Murali sooner or later, so he altered his wards to let her pass through. He had listened to her message and acted accordingly. She had decided to conquer the world then? Well, he would put her puny army down like a sick mongrel. He only had one force in the area, but more would arrive soon. Several regiments, maybe around twenty thousand men, would arrive within a month, significantly bulstering his forces, if only they could win their current battle.

Higurashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Manta Bay Landing - Trade Prince Augsbora - A shadow fall upon them

The steady beat of marching soldiers brought a strange kind of security to the newly erected city. The grey clad soldiers were patrolling the streets and the surrounding area of the city, carrying the new firearms with an awe-inspiring discipline and steady posture. The marched in squads of seven, an officer and 6 soldiers, and their hard faces where nondescript in the dim-lit streets.
Once in a while, one could hear the sounds of gunshots from the outer perimeters of the city, where the guards where shooting to kill and eventually drive off unwanted beasts and savage natives. For every shot fired, there were less native beasts, thus they migrated outwards, from the else secure forest.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you milord." the general said, his golden star emblem shining brightly on the right side of his breastplate. "I've heard reports, that there might be problems with the payments for the next weeks, and I have to tell you that it might very well cost you my goodwill." the general said, his scarred and rough face a stern mass. The strong eyes prying into the else uninterested prince.
"You suspicions are totally correct. I planted the information myself, so one knows it is correct." Prince Augsbora said, lifting a glass of dark red wine, and sipped. "There will be problems with the payments, because my creditors are wetting themselves. When I mobilized the fleet, they reacted by bribing the imperial administration. The subsidies I am receiving from the Empire might cease to come, although I'm sure this will not stay out of our beloved God-Emperors ears." Prince Augsbora said, and grimaced at the sour wine. It wasn't bad, but he had only just eaten a sweet soup of different fruits and spices, so his mouth was befouled by the sudden sharp taste.

"Very well then, and what do you suppose I tell my men?" the general asked, raising a brow at the indifference of the trade prince.
"I want you to tell them that we'll have a fight coming up." Augsbora said, a devious smile creeping over his lips. "The borders of the Heckclown Union lies only 60 miles to the east of our position, and a quick raid will show our newfound military strength. They'll beg for a peace treaty, and I will demand that they pay a tribute to the emperor." Augsbora said, sipping more wine, grimacing slightly at almost every sip. "If they decline my offer, we'll raid their eastern border cities and sack them. One way or the other, your men will earn their pay." Augsbora said, putting away the glass, and focusing on a table in the side of the dusty study. ON the table lay instructions and battleplans, all written with intricate letters and small illustrations.
The general drew in an amazed breath, when he saw the battleplans. Augsbora only smiled, and replied "Yes general. I will be using your own battleplans!"

Mountains of Rain - Amran Khan - Morning Dew

Amran placed his thick coat over the sleeping contours of his concubine, and then hurriedly ran in the damp and cold morning. When he reached the first outpost, the guards started laughing and pointing, yelling rudely at their captains adventures. Amran only grinned at them, and ran on, hoping that people were still asleep. And the god of fortune was luckily with him, as he ran into the camp.
Only those who were required to stay awake were up, and none of them took note of him running.

When he entered his tent, he breathed out, and looked at a fresh set of clothes. Surely put out by his chamberlain. An old stately man, who'd also served under the previous khan. He was always very precise and made sure to remain formal and civilized even when outrageously insulted.
Amran quickly put on the clothes, plain white shirt, with just as plain brown trousers. He then proceeded to comb his hair with perfumed oils, and washed his face, before he exited his tent and strove up to the commanders pavilion.
Inside, he quickly devoured the bowl of fruit on the table, having not had much to eat and far too much exercise already, he found the bowl to be too small, and soon after he chose to wake up the rest of the commanders staff, wanting to start the campaign as quickly as possible.

Tolhorn'Ul - Al'Djiin - In the valley of peace

Al'Djiin slumped down in his throne, and sighed. Even though he was a divine being, he saw little rest, and it was clear to all that lately he had been much at work. With a heavy thud, he threw his golden sword on the ground. The sound awoke all beasts in the inner sanctum, and they all looked at him, with eyes of concern and curiosity. Two young gryphons both swirled up, and flew to the sword where they cast themselves into a playful fight, biting and nipping oneanothers tail.
The fairies and pixies all left their flowers, and began flying up to the tired god, letting a cloak of stardust fall down behind them. Slowly the manticores, unicorns, pegasi, snakes, bears, boars and other fowl and creature began swarming around the throne, all looking up at the god, who'd slumped down, almost crouching in his chair.
"What is it?" he asked, his deep voice echoing into the room. Silence. Then one of the youngest gryphons in the sanctum flew down, and settled in the palms of Al'Djiins hands, clawing a little and then laying down to rest in the hands of the wrathful god. For a moment all creatures just looked, but then they all turned and sought out a place to lie down.
Al'Djiin sat still for a moment, perplexed by the resting creature, then chuckled and placed it in his lap wherefter he leant back and slipped into a dream, a dream wherein he watched his avatar...

Mountains of Rain - Amran Khan - Blood of our Brethren

Amrans heavy mace fell in quick succession from the back of his camel. The first three skirmishes with the rain warriors had been indecisive, but a sudden change in attack pattern had given the imperial riders a quick chance to strike down the retreating foes, killing hundreds within mere minutes, as the cavalry rode down the hillside and crushed the Rain Warriors.
Amran looked out over the battlefield, where his men where making short work of the Rain Warriors. He knew it wouldn't stay like this, the minimal losses would soon take a steep rise, as the cavalrymen would have to abandon their steeds. Amran didn't look forward to it himself. He felt that it was stupid and an ignorants move, but he had to take the mountain within a month, so he had to press on.

At the next hilltop, his men stopped, creating long lines of heavy cavalrymen, supported by flanks weighted with light cavalry.
On the other side of the hills, stood an army of rain warriors, waiting in the morning sun, for the imperial soldiers to move forward. Amongst the rain warriors stood halberders, ready to lower their pikes and protect the else vulnerable infantry.
Amran looked from side to side, wondering what the catch with the army in front of them would be. Maybe it was a decoy, or even an illusion! But for every passing moment, it became evident that the rain warriors had just been caught off guard. scouts were continuously bringin news of other troops, but none of them were big enough to support the large army in front of them.
For a moment, the commanders were still. But then the orders for the dragoons to take position was given, and a company of dragoons were produced, and sent off. The hooves creating a thunderous sound, as they passed the depth of the valley, and rode up the side of the hill. Then they stopped, and fired. The bullets effect was only just visible, but the tactical decision had been worth it, as the rain warriors came tumbling down into the valley, in close pursuit of the retreating dragoons, who never seemed to be less than ten metres ahead. And then a horn sounded, as the dragoons split out and dissipated on the bottom of the valley, making leeway for the heavy cavalrymen, who came down the hillside. The thunder of the hooves were high enough to deafen most, and more than once did a rider loose his lance to the heavy bumbling, but little did it matter, when the heavy horses churned into the less disciplined rebels. The boom with which they clashed could be heard miles away, and the blood which began to flow was creating a small stream through the valley. It didn't take long before the rebels morale crumbled and they sounded a full retreat, every man for himself.
Then the light cavalrymen swooped in, like greedy carrionbirds they sought out and took down easy prey, using their speed to catch up with fleeing enemies and then used their long spears to end the enemies misery.

From the hilltop, Amran had a clear view of the onslaught, and all of the time, he could only think of how little he cared for battle, and how much he longed for peace.
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Unnecessary Showmanship
Dverger Fort

The captain and his men looked on as the apparently blind woman rode off after making a rather interesting statement but one that didn't manage to impress. The captain let his somewhat hoarse voice breach the cold air once more with a chuckle before letting the woman's words of magnitude fall down into the depths of unprovoked and known information. "Were the words of Thrudgelmir not meant to be spoken to mortal ears?" The Miraluka were never suspected of extinction in the mind gifted to the Titan by the goddess and none in Tyringar would disagree with his wisdom, leading the entrance and exit of the blindfolded rider underwhelming in the eyes of the onlookers. Some sounds of realization and remembrance were heard for more important topics than racial statuses were on their minds, but otherwise many returned to their tasks.

Before returning to his home within the walls of the territory a priest who was silent during the interactions spoke sullenly as he drew his hands away from the small portion of food he was delivering. "Let the goddess ensure that the stars shine bright so that the violent may see their carnage laid before them. May it be terrible so they do not become accustomed to it."

Divines Need Not Apply
Shikeiki Mountain

"You have inflicted no insult onto me other than the understandable doubt of such a statement. But for overlooking the presence of the one who will carry out this task, you may aim your pleas of forgiveness and blind eyes to my slender companion before turning your collective gazes inward." Chatting amongst themselves would be a punishable offence if they weren't offering the type of contract they were, and indeed if they somehow decided to refuse, their sight would be put to great use toiling away in the dark mines.

Kasen, the slender companion, was seated a distance of maybe foot or so to the right of Kurae, and was noticeably more petit than the matriarch, and indeed smaller than the majority of the guild. She had kept completely still and had been seated before the others had managed to enter the room. Regardless of the many members of the Merciful Hand who enjoyed boasting about their talents and power, none of them held a scrap of what the ancient dragon's body concealed. The avatar herself would likely find the challenge of her keeper to be an insurmountable wall that only led to suffering and death. Neither the Kitsune nor the blindfolded were given the chance to speak again before she uttered her first words of the meeting.

"The blind see nothing more than those given the gift of sight Kurae, or have you forgotten the moment you tried casting me out and found yourself nearly broken upon the mountainside?" Her voice held a strong, calm tone to it and was accompanied by the softness one would think her appearance would provide. "I will be the one to slay the beast your goddess has chosen, for I have torn apart the hordes the gods failed to stop. I have seen the innards of a thousand beasts scattered across a valley as the sun rose to make the scene glisten. Blessings are for the dependant and the weak; if you seek one who has such things I suggest you attempt cooperation with the avatar. If you desire your sword, you will settle for one strong enough to not need the help of divinity."

Imported Punishment
Arriving in Hallick's Domain

The demands for a god who considers himself minor, though important, are seemingly vast today. When Tamonis emerged into the everchanging mess that was Hallick's home, the intensity of his natural heat was greater than that normally given off, and with such high temperatures came the slight distortion of sight in the air around him. He stood before the table, uncaring of any others who may have already arrived and turned his expressionless face and burning eyes to the one who called him here. "Why have you requested my presence Hallick? If you feel the need to discuss with me the dungeons are always open for those volunteering and it saves me the pains of traveling." His tone was harsher than it was when speaking to the Exalted, but still retained a composed nature.
Last edited by Lifecharacter on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thepyromaker on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am

The God of Change and Freedom
The Place In Between
Divine Realm

And so it begins.
One by one the Gods that Hlliack had tugged began to appear in small realm. A sense of vigor filled the room; a chamber which had only moments ago been completely lifeless. The creators of life, maybe not original life, or Gods now stood before him. Archane was the first to appear. Hallick pondered a moment if he should have or did expect that. He could not remember. The Goddess of Rebellion, a being so similar to him, yet her idea of change is sometimes rooted in desire. The malice and manipulation she used always made him reflect on the merits of asking her here, but that train of thought always proved to be inconsequential. Maybe tomorrow it would have some merit.

Next Myami appeared. The light in here eyes appeared to burst into flames when see spied the dirt walls. She eluded of a wanting towards the newly created dirt; Hallick had no idea what it was she desired to do, but he figured not knowing would be best. He was pleased to see some of his choices had not gone unnoticed, He was angry that she had complimented him on something so insignificant as taste. "Yesterday, I remember, I would be giddy at such a compliment, but not today." He did not expand on the idea any further than that.

Two of the Trinity, Solaria and Selene, came together. The "sisters" a true testament of their trichotomy; each varied from one another. One was amazed at his realm and the other coldly greeted him. Something about today annoyed him when he was given praise. These beings of unlimited power marvel at the simple things they can do themselves. Hallick smiled at Selene, "Thank you for coming, I do so appreciate your directness. You have always been one to cut away the details." Lastly appeared Tamonis, with a directness that over shadowed the previous God, Hallick was questioned about the meeting.

"As direct and as fierce as ever." Hallick had always liked Tamonis, well the word always meaning today, in his almost conflicting nature of punishment and mercy. "I have gathered you all here today to share with you my insights. In the years since the war with Apollyon, I have been mostly content to float in the blackness of the nothing to consider the consequences of a God's death. I have realized that with his death a great stagnation of all the realms has begun to creep slowly over the horizon." He raised his left hand and at his command the right earthen wall smoldered and solidified to that of a black marble depiction of Apollyon's death. "I have decided that a force of destruction is need in order to keep the constant balance of our universe intact. New trees cannot grow in the shadow of the old, new lessons and punishments cannot be given to those who have already experienced it. The nothingness that we all use to create the something will eventually run out, unless the something is returned to nothing. I do not regret my hand in casting a God who sought complete destruction back into the nothingness."

He stopped a moment, a pained look crossed his face as the metal on his gloves melted and dripped on to his feet, and rapidly cooled forming crude looking boots. "My realization of something must come out of nothing, has driven me to the brink of madness; perhaps, it has already. An unbending law that cannot be changed, is the very antithesis to my nature." A hole blasted out of the right wall. The deep nothingness shown through the new hole, it's deep darkness waiting to be lifted into something. "I can only foresee a different kind of nothingness unless something is done. The removal of nothing so that everywhere there is something. I stand at a river bend. Either I dive into the river of law and become the forced needed to stave off the stagnation I fear, or cross the stream that creates the hopeless current. I cannot ford against it alone."

In the middle of the table a scale appeared. In the left weight of the scale, a large piece of lead is held up equally by a right counterweight holding nothing. Little by little the lead began to grow and slump downward to the table. "I held this meeting not out of secrecy, for I care not who you tell. I call you here to tell you of my intentions, so that you may have the choice to stop or join me. I seek to remove the constant that is governing us so unbendingly. I wish to remove VĂĄra from her constant throne, and if I cannot do that I will become the needed force of destruction. We are the arbiters of change, it is time for us to change that which we are bound by."

Thepyromaker
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:30 pm

"You will know when I have awaken, because you won't be asleep when I do!
~Seriosis, The Eternal Guardian of the Gate

Seriosis turned back to his Avatar, and his expression was lost. For some reason, he was never able to hold an expression for very long. Must has something to do with being Neutral, no fun or punishment, so no facial expression. Or maybe not. He would decide later. Seriosis turned his mind to more important matters, such as him being awake. In reality, even the Entity of Sleep did not fully understand why he awakened so many hundreds of years. It wasn't that he couldn't talk to his people, or any of the Gods, he just used telepathy for that. Though, he could understand why some thought it was rude to be asleep for a meeting. He would ponder that later, as he spoke once more.

"Well Markel? You are finished here, yes?" His avatar looked at a loss for words, and Seriosis continued without letting him talk. "I am assuming you are. So, you are free to go. Oh, and Markel?" His avatar was about to be shooed away, but he still turned to look his God in the eye. At least he knew what he was doing. Seriosis would probably just give up on his own people if he wasn't bound to most of them. In truth, he was only bound to them since they worshipped him, and he needed the worship every so often to help him sleep. But other than that, his people were completely useless to him. Which wasn't really true, but Seriosis was getting off track again. Once he refocused back to his Avatar, he gave him the final piece of advice:

"How many allies do we have again? None? Good. Wouldn't be good if we had any. I'm pretty sure somebody would get angry. Maybe Vara, or that Murali. Hopefully not Lahar though. He needs a vacation. Oh! And try to solve the problem with your cities, this is almost becoming routinely for us now. And if there is one thing I am not, it is standard. Oh, and another thing. Good bye." His avatar suddenly disappeared at his whim, and he was once again left alone in his realm. He looked up at his sky, his eyes dancing in colour, but not in vibrancy. In truth, he wanted to go back to sleep, not care about what the other god's were plotting, and just leave it at that. But, he was Contradictory, was he not? With dreams and hopes came terrible nightmares. He was both.

He turned his mind to a bit more nosy topics: For one, it seemed no God was asleep, which was slightly odd. Even in such pressing matters such as this ongoing war, even Gods felt the need to rest. They were normally just thinking of trivial, boring things, like who was fighting who, to whom that mortal was getting married, and so on. What caused his mind to tickle a little were the secrets that were never accessible to him while they slept. Reasons for their fighting he could find, but their next move? Oddly, things such as plans and other important and stressful matters always evaded his watchful eye. It pained him not to know, yet also made him feel less attached. After all, what good was a God of Sleep if he couldn't understand another's reason for fatigue? Seriosis shook his head, letting that thought die like millions before it. What he wanted to know was why so many Gods were awake, and yet he couldn't tell if they were in their domains or not. Perhaps the reason lies outside? After all, I heard that Hallick was feeling a little more... energetic. The God of Change had always been an interesting fellow, always having a good knack for making things take bizarre turns.

And to Seriosis and his brothers, change always seemed to make their lives much more fun.

The Silent Warning
Markel Des Telkin, Avatar of Seriosis and Kellepo, his Guardian
Hall of the Weary Priests

Markel awoke to the sight of Kellepo's concerned gaze. He tried to sit up, but his mind throbbed. Meeting with his God and Protector was extremely taxing, as he had only done it once, and that was when he became avatar. The worst part? Seriosis had been asleep for the entire coronation, so he didn't have to deal with the mind-numbing presence that was Sleep. All Markel wanted to do was fall asleep and regain his strength, but he couldn't: Too much to be done. He had to find a peaceful solution for the Priests, figure out what was going on with the rest of the war-torn world, and decipher the hidden message that Seriosis had given him. Everything he said was a message unto itself, and he needed to figure out why he was truly happy they had no allies whatsoever. It was quite pitiful, but most nations didn't believe that the Watchers were of any use. And everybody didn't really like the Sleeping Death. That much was given.

"Kellepo, we need to get a move on. Kellepo was going to protest, as Markel wasn't in much shape to go anywhere, let alone travel. Markel raised his hand, and Kellepo swallowed his words. "We need to hurry. I will not allow the Priests of Qualkavir Dominion to eat each other and cause another uprising. It almost turned into a civil war, and many nations, especially the Orcs, would love to use that opportunity to run us over. I don't care how far our influence is, if this Dominion gets destroyed again, we WILL lose all respect and influence we have with other countries." Markel finally got to his feet, albeit a little wobbly. He adjusted his hat, and looked down on his short friend. "We need to assess our defences in all of the cities, track down Parinak and have a little chat with him, and go to Slingna." Kellepo instantly spoke back to Markel in complete shock.

Markel, walking into the Ruins of Slingna is the LAST thing we should be doing at this time! I don't care if we might need the help of the Kal, they are much too dangerous to deal with. The last time we went there, they killed every Watcher that we assigned to you, and only stopped when you took their leader hostage. No, I advise that was stay out of there. Kellepo had gotten flustered just at the thought. Kal, the arachnid-like people that lived in the west, knew nothing of loyalty or even trust. They would only side with the Serisies if they were under threat themselves, and that was very rare. Markel knew this, and he still wanted to try once more. They understood strength and fear the best, so he would have to use those to win their favor.

"In war, Kellepo, even enemies can help if it means survival. We will try to approach them, but after we are done with the Sleeping Death and the defenses. Satisfied?" Kellepo nodded solemly. "Then let us depart immediately. We have a country to solve."
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:08 am

Reception for Judgment
Solaris Valley – Temple of Asiysia - Luminar Gates
Rosh, Apostle of the Holy Goddess

Before the beautifully created Luminar Gates, a man wearing rather an unorthodox attire for a devotee stood patiently. No one exactly knew how long he had been waiting there. His presence was neutral as it could be without a drop of irritation or boredom. His form is perfect and nothing was amiss in his current appearance except the black hood that kept his face hidden from prying eyes. The purpose he had in being here was to welcome the warriors of the Goddess Murali who had offered their aid of protection. It is true that the Sacred Temple of the Mother Goddess had its share of attacks both from nonbelievers and brigands through the time of its existence. The help it could receive from other nations is much obliged. “So, they have finally come.” These were the words he muttered to his own pleasure of hearing.

The thunderous march of the promised 100 Judges echoed within the Solaris Valley. Their entrance was loud, proud and ancient as they had for their reputation. The valley’s fragile peace was disturbed as its animal inhabitant scurried to hide while its human occupants stopped from their daily chores to satiate their curiosity. As for the man with the black hood, he remained still in his position. "Are you the Apostle the letter spoke?" Upon hearing the voice asking if he was the one mentioned in the letter of the Great Priestess, he slightly lowered his hood to reveal his face. “Yes. I am Rosh, an apostle of the Holy Goddess Asiysia.” His eyes were rather uncanny as it displayed two varying color. The right was akin to deepest of crimson while the left is akin to brightest of emerald.”I humbly welcome you all to Solaris Valley, home to the Temple of Asiysia, a sanctuary to all.”

At the end of Rosh’s statement, the elaborate yet modest Luminar Gates opened as if emphasizing his message of welcome. The only Temple of the Goddess of Life and Light were revealed to the Judges. “I hope the travel to arrive here had been smooth. Living quarters, supplies and meals had been prepared already.” He swayed his right hand to the wide opened gates. “Please do come in. The Lady Avatar would meet you shortly to receive and to hear any of your questions or acceptable requests if there are.” Allowing the Judges to enter first, Rosh followed soon after pacing himself beside the one leading the group. He led them to a separate building from the temple yet it boasted the same architectural style and splendor. “This will be your living quarters in the remainder of your stay here. The Lady Avatar had considered that you would like to have your privacy.” He proceeded to open the doors to the Judges personal quarters. “Please make yourselves at home. After a few moments, a monk would be here to lead you to the dining hall for a meal.” Rosh stated and gave a polite smile to the Judges. “I would inform the Great Priestess of your arrival. Until we all meet again.” Offering a humble nod of his head, Rosh left the Judges to their own devices for now.

Cobdicia
Rattyroe Tavern
Malvolia, The Sole Denizen

The feeling of dissatisfaction and unacceptable ruin is enough to propel any being that had prided itself with a soul. A prime example of this was the scarlet haired maiden who sat upon one of the stools in a rather rickety tavern. Her rather youthful and harmless exterior was enough to cover the stench of her subsistence from the eyes of the mortals and the Gods. “Hey there lassie, care for some company.” These were the words of a drunk man who seemed to be in his mid-40’s. Normally, the reaction of any respectable woman would utter rejection. However, she was no woman that hold values deemed as acceptable by the majority of the living. “Why not? I don’t see any reason to reject your offer. Anything that’s free is said to be the best.” Wrapping her arms around the old man's neck, she playfully licked the man's ear. "Aren't you quite the whore!" The man said with quite elation and slight surprise. Behind from anyone's prying eyes, her eyes of turquoise slightly changed into crimson blood and her smile reminded why demons were the epitome of fear.

Next day, the town was was alarmed by the news of a gruesome death by an unknown man. Even the men who had the reputation of having iron-stomachs could not handle the scene that awaited them inside a small room of cheap inn. There was not even a drop of blood or dirt within the room. It was pristine even more than the owner of the inn could remember. The most different in the room was the body upon the bed. It was not even recognizable by that term. The appropriate word would be grotesque object. The skin was peeled off and was used as a bed sheet. Internal organs were dried and pressed used as curtains. Bones were used as a means of new legs for tables and the stench of death penetrated every nook of the room. Whoever had done such a crime was an expert or a monster as no sounds were heard by the other occupants of the inn. Rumors began circulating that a serial killer must be present among them. Small accusations and fights began as it would escalate more as the time passes. It is one ingrained trait of a human.

"At the very least, I had a good time." The young woman spoke to no one in particular as she looked at the horizon. "Now, where should I go? I could feel it. The time is near." Running her fingers through her hair, she walked along the dirt road while whistling a rather odd tune. Passersby would glanced at her from time-to-time attracted to her appearance and at the same time the lure of the melody she was producing. Occasionally, she would winked at them or even play coy with the men who would leer. To her, the momentary pleasures of life that had been categorized as forbidden are the best of all. It is not fair that only the Immortals would be given the privilege to experience it now. "Hey there sweet thing, may I know your name?" The one who asked was a young man and was not an eyesore. She licked her lips seductively and traced his jawline with her right index finger. "For you anything, it's Malvolia. Don't you wear it out too much."
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Defiance

"You can throw the rock and hide your hand but sooner or later, She will cut you down."-Grand General Annabelle Balfour, when speaking to Caspian at the first battle of the Hundred Year War.

The Justicairs were outraged. They had been faithful, loyal, and supportive and yet THEY were the ones who would suffer for the insubordination of a few? The tax the Denpadims passed on the Justicairs was unjust, and if there was something Justicair would not stand for was injustice. And if the Denpadim believed that Flamarites were the violent ones, they were so sadly mistaken.

A tax collector and his escort of guards were found murdered in the streets, of the Imperial District where the Justicairs and a few Flamarites were located. The scene was brutal. The poor bastards had been stabbed to death, there insides were on their outsides and if one would dare such through the disgusting mess they would find that there hearts were not present, possibly given to the Flamarites. The blood, still fresh, painted the walls and out of this same blood they wrote and quoted the Famous Justicair Avatar and Grand General Annabelle Balfour.

"You can throw the rock and hide your hand but sooner or later, she will cut you down.".

This was the first act of Defiance by the Justicairs and by the sound of it, it would not be the last. The Denpadim would know, for if Nemea was Goddess of rumors then this one would spread as if it flew from ear to ear. The Heralds of the Justicairs were sprouting the seeds of rebellion, praising the Flamarite rebels, praising their Alumni brothers and telling all to prepare themselves for Murali's fist would soon slam down on the Denpadim for their injustice and ignorance. They spoke words not spoken in centuries. The told the Justicairs, of The Prophecy.

Nemea would have to wonder if Murali was doing this herself, reminding her people of her promise or if this was merely fated and inevitable. It would also come to Nemea's attention, the Exalted March called by Murali for Murali herself would tell her herself.

"I warned you Nemea....", She said, surely grinning from ear to ear. "Once Apolloyon is gone, you will answer for your crimes and that time has come...".

The 2nd Battle

The fire died out, revealing the huge gap in the earth. If one were too look down they were to see what the Reich called the Inferno, which was in actuality magma from beneath the earth’s first layer. To jump it would be a very risky maneuver, for if you fell, you would be certainly consumed in the lake of fire.

The instant the Imperium had passed through the fire, the Flamarites saw their condition, just as bad as theirs, and this boosted their morale.

“Behold!” One Kinsmen shouted.

“Murali has slain a few in our name, and gave many wounds to all the others!”.

It was true the battle was now on more equal grounds but with the Gap seeming a permanent mark on this battle, Flamar would seem to have the favor of the Gods. For what horse would dare attempt to make that jump?

The Imperuim, and though none yet knew this, had horsemen behind the hill that they had camped and waited on but with this Gap, they would not be able to aid their comrades, not without riding far away in order to go around. Depending on where they went would also determine how quickly they would be able to go around the Gap. The terrain was harsh and made any charge forward or retreat slower than it would be in any other terrain(except perhaps snow.). So a time, there would only be one dominant presence of Cavalry, and that was Flamarite cavalry.

The Flamarites, returned the gesture, and charged towards their enemies. One watching from afar could tell that this battle would be a bloody one, especially when the ‘fireworks’ came in, for while some may have preferred having spears in the front of their lines, or a near impregnable wall of shields, Flamar placed their spellswords in the front so they could shatter any spear and penetrate past any wall of shields.

When the two forces were about to crash into one another, the Flamarites breathed fire from their mouths and set fire to their foes, roasting many on the spot. Alyss, was near some of her kinsmen, the few others who were Mandolin as well, and was working on cutting her way through a couple of Imperuim bastards. The were good swordsmen, they knew what they were doing, but Flamar did not play fair against worthless cowards and savages. Her opponent left himself open for an attack, his swing was too wide, and so Alyss head butted the man (which she did not hurtfeel now but later, it felt as if she had jumped off the tallest tower in the world only to land on her face.) and while he recovered from this, she bite his neck.

There was no more painful feeling then being biten by any flamarite. Nor was there a more frightening and disgusting sight. Ayss’s teeth cut deep into the man’s exposed neck and his blood soon flooded her mouth and raced down the soldier’s back and chest. He pushed her off, before she could rip off a chunk. One of her brothers came forward and engaged this man, allowing Alyss to retrieve her sword.

A lot of Flamarites were showing this same aggression and brutality towards their enemies, something they had not done to the Denpadim. Why? Though the Flamarites despised the Denpadim, they walked up to Flamar with their army and fought them, fair and square while these Imperuim bastards try to march in on them after the battle while they were weak. Flamar did not see these men as warriors, they saw them as cowards, ignorant brutes. Madelina gave them a chance to live, they declined it. Now these fools were going to suffer.

Madelina had wrestled herself a sword from an Imperuim soldier and then she began to show them how to truly use it. When the Reich was alive and well, Madelina had been trained by the best, against her father’s wishes, to fight. She was an expert and it showed. Her handy work marked the Imperuim she slayed. After a while, the Imperuim were not throwing themselves at her, instead they encircled her. (Madelina had cut deep into the Imperuim lines, the Flamarites tried to follow her but could not.)

“Send to me your champions, those brutes who placed in you false hope and faith.”. She demanded.

A Royal Greeting

Murali did indeed come into Lahar’s realm that very instant and the look on her face was of disappointment and frustration. Her wings were wrapped around her, so they would not knock anything over as she moved towards Lahar. Her eyes where fixed on the God of Logic, not at all wondering around to look at Lahar’s Domain.

Murali had little quarrels with Lahar in the past, small arguments perhaps but not full blown wars like the ones against Mask, Crypt, Asysia, Urgael, the list is endless, and so she was very frustrated by the turn of events for it meant another enemy for her while she was in this fragile state. She, however, showed no sign of weakness and she did not intend on it as was the norm for the self proclaimed ‘Empress of the Gods.’.

“Lahar, explain to me why you have done this horrible thing? Why punish your followers in this cruel way, giving them these tales of victory and false hope when all that awaits them is defeat and suffering?”.

Murali said this as if she were speaking pure fact. Like it was fated for the Imperuim to be decimated by the Judge forces. As if Lahar himself could not do a thing to stop them.

“From where I stand, I see no logic in what your doing.”.

The Exalted March: Descent from the North

Any nation that was near the Northern Solitary Mountains would now know, if they had not in the past, that the mountains were occupied by someone. Someone who was very powerful, very wealthy, and ,as of right now, at war. The Judges descended from the mountains. No attempt was made to hide their descent, none what so ever. The time had come for the world to know, they were not dead.

This army was one like no other, composed entirely of riflemen, cavalry, and what all mankind would assume were cannons. All kinds of cannons. There were ones that were small and carried by one man and some that were so large, ten horses would have to haul the individual pieces that would later be assembled into the actual gun.

Their cavalry were composed of mounted riflemen and lancers. Their horses and themselves were armored from head to too, and while one would think that this would cripple their moment it, in reality it did nothing of the sort. With the blow of a whistle the entire army began to move at a pace that would exhaust most soldiers of the human kingdoms.

It was clear these men went off to war, but who they were to fight was the question. Their banner was one that no nation would recognize and wherever they were headed too, they looked ready to conquer half the known world. Would be wise for Kings who stood in their way to march against these men, to march with them, or to merely stand aside and let these men march on past to end whatever nation they were to end.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Higurashi on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Forward! For the Emperor!

As the might of his army came to clash with the Flamarites, Typhos watched from the mid ranks. The fighting was brutal, bloody, heretical. Even the order of the regiment was no match for this cannibalistic mayhem. Regiments quickly broke down into circles of bristling spears and swords, whirling through the mayhem, stabbing and cutting. Further back, a solid sheild wall was in place, protecting archers and snipers from the breath of fire that the enemy was so fond of. The initial attack had gone badly for both sides, no matter which way you looked at it. The zealous faith of two empires were colliding at this pivotal battle, and no one was going to give in.

At the front of the Battle, Arcus, the middle champion, was slaughtering all that came near him. His style of combat was not typical of Imperium tactics. He weilded dual blades, in an acrobatic form of hacks and slashes. It almost looked as if the man was juggling an assortment of sharp objects, only to fling a knife into a man here, and slash a throat there. The flames held no fear for him. His faith was as strong as steel, and not one of the fiery breaths touched his already burned body. He heard the cry of Alyss, and began cutting his way towards her. Finally, he slipped through the crowd off Imperial soldiers and began the duel.

His first move was a succession of thrown knives, four in total, angled so as to cover most possible dodges. Even as they left his fingers, blades were slashing, sharp enough to cut the air itself. Power radiated from his body. "Forward my Imperium! To Glory!" he shouted. "Have faith in your Emperor, he shall guide us!" Even as he spoke, he spun a dangerous dance around Alyss, trying to gain a vantage point on her defenses. Metal rang, and suddenly, one of his blades seemed to be flung from his hand. This was only a distraction. If any attention was drawn from him, he would slip in, using his remaining blade to deliver a brutal slash across the gut.

Meanwhile, the imeprium's calvary had not been stagnant. As they viewed the Gap, it was apparent that only the strongest horse coudl jump over. Looking at his men, the calvary leader asked for volunteers. As all the men raised their hands, he chose himself to go first. Offering a prayer to Imperios, he mounted his steed and galloped at the chasm. The horse tried to turn, but the rider held fast, and soon the edge neared. With a single bound, the horse flew through the air, and fell, straight down. The Men were somewhat disturbed, only to watch as a portion of the chasm, on either side, caved in. Out of the dust the calvary commander road up, onto a newly formed bridge, one which was already starting to crumbled. As one, the men ran their horses across the bridge, only for it to collapse as the last few men were crossing. All told, about twenty percent of the men didn't make it.

That mattered little at the moment. Proper burial rites could be observed later. Now however, the horsemen road to the battle. Splitting into a pincer, the horses charged on either side of the battle, javelins being thrown as they came into range, then spears being drawn. Each horseman had small round sheild aswell. Some horses fell, and if they lived, their riders joined up with the nearest Imperium force. Pulling back, the horsemen were making repeated hammer blows against the enemy, wave after wave slamming into the enemy.

Higurashi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 am

Lahars realm
Lahar watched the goddess of fire and order with the face of a machine but his voice was far from this calm as the sea on a bright day but they spoke poison ”Divine Empress Murali by the graces of existence I greet you.” Lahar bowed for her because she would appreciate it and Lahar didn’t have any sense of self worth so he didn’t care about her opinion of being his empress. ”I have no intention to fight you but I do need my slice of land from Denpadim for further plans you won’t even have to notice your forces of mine instead I would focus on Imperios not me. But as I can see your presence here makes clear your not in a planning state and are currently unstable so something has happened because being here put’s you in my control. Something happened with you and if I guess another god is responsible.” Lahar was a excellent guesser and Murali wasn’t stupid enough to come into his realm so she was not thinking clearly something had to be wrong but what was one of the things Lahar couldn’t guess nor know. ”As a sign of appreciation of your position I will allow but not force you to leave. Any other questions, doubts, concerns or information?” Lahar looked at her and he removed the objects around her so she could spread her wings after all he shouldn’t make her feel uneasy and having the feeling of superiority was one of her weakest points. Everything was working out just as they should, Murali’s rebellion was the focus point of everybody and Imperios headed out to make it even worse.

The shore of the most southern part of Denpadim.
The boats silently passed patrols dodging every contact with the ships the small seemingly weak fleet would encounter but not much attention was granted to the fleet that transported a small army in comparison with the huge battle that raged on Denpadim soil. Guardian jumped down the first ship followed by a steady stream of soldiers each in the blood red rough generally ugly but light and though clothes armoured with there steel high quality armour and most where armed with muskets. The Avatar towered above his soldiers and his voice hammered louder than a man can scream so that every one of the soldiers could hear it ”Order 1763-D, 12 order 28-A.” Every person knew what his job was and started to unload the ships, no man was lazy and every body worked unloading the artillery that had accompanied them. Guardian watched the army before a voice rang trough his head ”Plans have changed fortify your position and prepare to defend it but diplomacy with the other nations is preferred then after this you will have another order.

Remaire
Altrer was ready and far from impatient as he spoke too a general that seemed to be willingly to have a conversation with him on the subject of militarily orders before Lahar honoured him with his voice [i]“Mobilize the force and prepare to move out, take the special weapon with you and prepare to besiege. Head northwards to the eye go there for diplomacy to the city of Clairia take everything you deem necessary with you Guardian will assist you.”

Thorait
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:56 am

“Hold the banner high he say,
We fight until Judgement Day!”

~Phrase of an unknown marching song.

“Bloody hell,” One of the Lieutenants cursed as he looked through his spy glass at the battle raging ahead. Fire erupting from the ground was more than enough to be hesitant about order the army any closer, the uniforms of the men fighting was unknown, no one recognized the old nemesis of Mask fighting the men of Imperious.

Though the Union was fond of the beliefs of Imperious, they had never truly had many official meetings with them, leaving them to be far too unknown amongst the Maskmen. That would explain why Karl ordered what he ordered at that spot. “Archers. Fire!” Karl ordered and a storm of black arrows flew forward and into the ranks of both armies.
“Lieutenant, have the cavalry move forward, after the third volley I want you to ram into the sides of these revolutionaries, retreat and hit them again. First sign of magic, call a retreat, move to the sides and I’ll order more volleys to be fired upon these bastards.”
“Aye milord,” the Lieutenant replied and then began barking the orders as the cavalry moved forward, the archers then moved about, forming disciplined lines.

As the cavalry moved ahead of the main bulk, Karl began ordering a shield wall to be formed, two rows of shield men in the front, a row of halberds or spearmen for provisional attacks. Soldiers with greater weapons, such as baals or axes, we ordered to move at the rears so they could counter-charge anyone who tried to attack the archers that slowly moved along the lines.

The cavalry would charge against the two armies. They would hit the ranks from an angle, their momentum crippling many as they fell, then the swords, axes, pikes and spears would wound or kill even more. Afterward, they would retreat, regroup and then charge again. They knew that the key strength of cavalry was its mobility, so they would use it to give their enemy hit after hit, but they waited for the archers to fire before they did anything. They trusted the Baron’s

“A Reichman, a Maskman and an Appollyon cultist walked into a bar
”
~Tavern Joke in Heckclown City

Jim Mobley crossed the yard as the gates opened and stopped a few meters before the horsed man. The very people who he had seen turned around and leaving had now changed their minds (again) an dstood before the walls of Manchester.
“I don’t know who you are but what the hell is going on in that head of yours, boy. State your business, tell me who you are and why I should have my boys here gut you like a damn pig,” Jim threatened.

Jim was in a very sour mood. He felt humiliated at how the riders had turned their backs to him, making Jim assuming they left (and Jim had always been correct) but instead they made him look like a complete idiot that didn’t even know whether or not they would be visited when there weren’t large settlements within days’ hard ride.

“Before you even speak,” Jim then added before Rex could even open his mouth to respond. “I recommend you think again about what you will say for if you look up,” Jim pointed. “You’ll see the Murder Holes of the entrance as well as the muskets pointed at you, that and if you take a deep breath your nose you’ll also smell the tar being heated for your friends at the back.”
Jim frowned as he looked at them; they were far too discipline looking for his taste, the Baron was pushing it, but even he didn’t force uniforms on his soldiers.
“Well? Start speaking, boy.”

“They say never forgive, never forget. I say forgive, but never forget.”
~Markus Jargen Addressing the Scholars of Crypt.

Markus sat still in the carriage as it waved from side to side in a rhythmic motion. The roads between the Archious and the lands of Livia were poorly constructed and had seen far too many decades with no maintenance, yet what could one expect? The tension between the nations made more people sign up for the military than honest work that would help the infrastructure, the fear of the supernatural had turned many churches and temples against what they didn’t understand.

It was indeed a dark age. An age of ignorance and superstition which was slowly eating away mankind’s ability to recover as leaders and avatars blinded themselves with the ambitions of their God instead of the maintenance of the world balance. Sir Daniel had done his best to stay clear of such a path, yet it had meant isolation from the world and shunning the various technologies that could make life all the easier.
A small smile crept up Markus’ pale face. Life, what an interesting concept coming from a man of death, he had seen men grow from infants to laying still in a coffin and yet did it make him all the wiser? Life was more than birth and death, the Avuvian’s natural passion for the sea and their pride in who they were and what they represented was always such a captivating thing for Markus.

He was on his way to the largest temple of Asiysia, on a political and personal mission. Sir Daniel wished to establish a stronger bond with the worshippers of Asiysia and Markus saw it as an opportunity to ask for permission to if he could buy copies of some of the Temple’s scrolls and books for broadening the understanding and education within the Archion kingdom.

The carriage came to a stop and Markus could hear the clanging of metal as his undead guards moved to open the door for him. Pulling the hood over his head, covering his eyes, Markus stepped out, kindly aided by his unliving servants. A scent of the undead rot could be noticed, though Markus had ensured to have his soldiers covered in special oil that would damp the scent of death.
Markus took the arm of the undead soldier, muttered a few words and then he saw the world through the eye of the undead being. Walking towards the temple they were joined by four other armoured minions.

When he entered the temple he turned to a nun to send a message to the superior of the temple. “I, Arch Necromantic Exorcist of the theocratic kingdom of Archious, Markus paused to regain his breath, “request an audience with either the High Priest, or Priestess, of Asiysia, another pause, “or the Avatar herself, if I am deemed worthy.”
He kept a calm and respectful tone as he addressed the nun and waited patiently for a response.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:37 pm

In the Deep Bosom of the Ocean Buried

The Hall of Justice, Osialquienem

Gairus led his party to the surface, where already there was too much noise for an otherwise austere and quiet part of the city. The Justicar were respectful people, but it was hard to tell, as all men tended towards animalism in a riot.

"Valataja!" Gairus cried, spying the Head of the Propagandists atop the steps of the white marble temple, surrounded by stern looking Near Guard and a cluster of official looking men wearing brightly colored nymphweave. The Near Guard parted for the Avuvians, allowed to file into the forest of broad white columns, reminiscent of the style they actually popularized.

"The Flamarites have met Maskiq and Imperiq at the battle grounds, but the Justicar have gone fully mad!"
"At the port there are more Flamarites attacking, but manned with guns, they've no decency, attacking the families there!"
"If we boiled their mothers' flesh for soup they'd call us monsters, they'll eat infants raw!"
"Turn off the damned Propaganda Valataja! We're not working. There is an assault on the city! Men on the ramps!"
barked Gairus
"Don't worry, Qtoli's ramp was opened, but those still in the port have no way out. If they want unconditional surrender, that is what they'll get. They'll leave, without a scrap of money or supplies given, if they won't pay for their transgressions. We should be rid of them!"

The congregation was then let inside, where a few Consortium members awaited in the vast hall hung with detailed tapestries, the cold floor lined with sea blue rugs, and the halls echoed with quiet fear.

For Beauty is a Witch

The Base of the Cliffs of Grelep-Grep

Menale abandoned his attempts at waving the white flag, he had the one man he truly wanted dead on his pyre. With the light of the Dashuria Garnet still caught in his eyes he moved over the next hill, seeing the city on the cliffs, and below, yet more war and chaos. Gunshots and smoke.

He moved as though the land was a cloth unfolding beneath him, there was power in him, and soon he was beneath the cliffs. With a great breath of smoke, he fell into the caverns beneath the city, and quickly found himself in darkness. Time was slipping by, and the eyes were burdened, but he made a call for the shaking of the Earth.

From the roots of the cliffside black masses began to pass from beneath the city. Beasts with red light caught in their many eyes, legs bounding over the Earth, sinewy and grotesque. The swarms of great spiders moved to hunt, climbing over whole homes with ease, dragging bright shining web behind them and falling on the Muraliiq like beasts out of nightmare.

In Action How Like an Angel!

Our Lady's Bathhouse

The house had become a fortress, the assassins, quick to be discovered, were chased through the city by mobs, and the bathhouse doors closed to all, and men took bows to the roofs, firing upon any Justicar they could reach. With the Lady assaulted, some even said dead, there was not a Muraliiq to be suffered to live.

The arrows, of course, fell like heaven's rain, skewering rich and poor alike. The Near Guard had to pull men, from the walls of the great plazas, fighting with their rabid frenzy, Propagandists coughed out calls for the end of days and business as usual, men retreated to their homes, and into their well stocked cellars, thinking the revolution could never shake the foundations of this the greatest of cities.

But the noise was getting louder, and the gates were being shut. Some heard men were jumping from the cliffs, others heard men being thrown, women held their tears and braced their homes, somewhere the Lady's eyes wavered and men began to toast again, even amidst the noise and haste.

That Fears a Painted Devil

Nemea's High Hall

She hung from a long ribbon that fell from the cliffs of her endless mountain hall. She was buoyed by the wind and felt new vitality in her. Murali had wrought herself into her followers, made herself clear to them. Nemea had done nothing, and the Dendapim did not falter.

Subtlety was the highest art of divinity, and there was power building.

A new Avatar, one for the great tales. She weighed the options. There were more important things than war. She traced the writings of the many tomes, making clear the calligraphy, and restoring the pages. The Dendapim would do fine themselves, she was sure.

But she felt something else working, neither Murali, nor Mask, working within her lands. But then it melted away. Grumpsh, as usual, drifting through the souls condensing on the fields.

Perspective

The pen moved smoothly, and the words were quick.

Yorinaphe brought us through the mountains, to the valley where the nymphs had danced once. She guided us to a great field of white, where the birds had built great nests. "Sow the fields with this and the bones of your dead. This is the mana of the field, and my proof to you that there is life despite your hardships. The city was built like a hive, radiating from the Towers of Alchemy, the oneness of life and death at the center of a geometric perfection. For a generation there was revolutionary vigor and the will to make blossom the desert, but with Yorinaphe's passing, and the exaltation of Nemea, with the birth of the Duedahigai and the poison of the Tree civilization would melt into dew.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:57 am

The most southern part of the Eye
Small ships began there landing on the smooth beaches of the Eye and Altrer ordered a different order than the avatar had given to his forces 12-A meaning ‘follow route’. But then he added a new line 23-G and on these words the Remaire soldiers brought down a group of the rare and valuable horses. The large animals were build strangely with long legs and a slender but athletic build, the animals were grey of color with large spots of black on there entire body. Soon forty riders lead by Erishuy Hermon were ridding towards Clairia wile a mediocre sized army followed them.

Guardians place
”Guardian the time has come leave Denpadim and move southwards into the eye. Head towards Ultio and wait there for my orders.” Guardian didn’t respond instead he just said the order to his forces ”12-B Ultio.” His small force had build a outpost where a small group of man would remain, it wasn’t very good but the wooden palisade and tents would be enough to defend the position for some time seeing Denpadims state, the orders of Lahar were more important than the small plot of land so only fifty man were left behind.

Trinities realm
A voice rang into the cave realm of the trinity or more a feeling as a small 10 percent of Lahar knocked on the defences to request entry. He also if allowed by the Trinity voiced his reason “We have business to discus.”
Last edited by Thorait on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorait
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 am

The Crossroads of Fate
Solaris Valley - Temple of Asiysia - The Vuituillo Hall
Sofiel Aer, Avatar of the Holy Goddess

The monks, nuns, people and pilgrims looked at the incarnations of what they call the 'Living Dead'. It is not every day one would get to see and to smell the people who have dedicated themselves to the God Crypt especially upon the land that contrasted their faith in one main aspect. Gazes of various shades could be observed from the audience that the new visitors to the Solaris Valley had accumulated. Still, it could be categorized into two: Good and Bad. In any case, the nun who had been addressed had no anxiety with having a conversation towards the Arch Necromantic Exorcist. "Welcome to the Temple of Asiysia. My name is Ireya, a nun of the Goddess Asiysia. I hoped that the trip here had been peaceful. I will inform the Great Priestess of your arrival. Please follow me inside. I will take you to a room where you can wait." Ireya humbly bowed and had polite smile upon her face. Afterwards, she awaited for the said guest's consent before leading the way to a drawing room. The inside of the temple was both grand yet at the same time showed humility. It was rather lively for a temple for usual softened chatter and uninhibited laughter mostly from the children could be heard. Soon enough, they were at the drawing room. "Please make yourselves as comfortable as you can. I will now inform the Great Priestess of your presence." Ireya once again gave a respectful bow before leaving them alone for a brief moment.

"And he said, there is nothing heroic in killing my brother. There is nothing legendary about it." Sofiel said in a rather melancholy and deep voice for her portrayal of a man. The children sat around her with excitement and great attention shown clearly in their eyes and expressions. She was telling them a tale about two brothers that had such a tragic path to take. It is her belief that the sorrowful things in life should not hidden from innocent eyes. For at that time, they have more profound wisdom than any adult could muster. But before she continued on, Ireya had entered the hall that had been used as a classroom and playroom for the children that had seek refuge at the temple. "Please pardon me for my interruption, Lady Avatar and children." At the end of her words, the children voiced out their disappointment of being interrupted from their story with a pout and a few sounds of frustrations. "What is it Ireya?" Sofiel asked noticing Ireya's rather urgent gait. "A visitor from the kingdom of Archious has arrived seeking your audience." This caused her slight surprise for the worshipers of Asiysia and Crypt usually avoided each other. It is not due to animosity but rather to their aspects; however in her own beliefs, life and death had always been together for only when they are together could anyone know their importance.

Looking at the children, Sofiel had a rather sad countenance. It is always so when it comes to disappointing the little ones who show it candidly. "I am sorry. I would make it up to all of you next time." One of the boys crossed his arms over his chest and said, "Can't you just say you’re on a day off?" The other children showed approval of the idea as Ireya shook her head while Sofiel gave a smile and said, "Not today, my sweet." She gently patted the boy's head and then stood from her chair. "Now, all of you be good while I'm away. Remember, the Holy Goddess is always watching." After saying that, the children gave a very active nod and the other nuns present within the hall took over for her. "Please lead me to them Ireya." Sofiel humbly requested as Ireya bowed and proudly accompanied the Great Priestess to the Drawing Room where the visitors were waiting. While following Ireya's path, Sofiel was inwardly thinking of what and who are the purpose of the visit from the followers of the God Crypt. She welcomes anyone to Solaris Valley; although, she is rather curious for it had been quite a long interval of solitude since the last act of another nation towards them. It makes her wonder if the nations outside the valley were doing well. Honestly, she had yet to hear the Holy Goddess' words for some time, and it causes her deep concern.

Speaking of which, Sofiel had yet to receive the notice from Rosh about the arrival of the Judges. The necessary preparations had been done and certain measurements were taken from the conditions that had been laid. She desired that nothing dreadful had happened to the loyal people of the Goddess Murali. Concern flashed across her face before Ireya took away her attention on such thought. "My Lady Avatar, we are already here. Shall I have an apostle be with you?" Sofiel blinked for a few times before what Ireya had said processed inside her mind. It would appear that she had wandered too far in her own world to notice that they have finally arrived at their destination. "No. There is no need for that." She replied with much confidence. There was no need for such an action. Ireya nodded and then opened the doors to the drawing room. Sofiel entered the room with a gentle and respectful smile. "Good day to all of you." She lowered her head in hospitable respect and continued on. "I am Sofiel Aer, Avatar and Great Priestess of the Temple of Asiysia. You have requested for my audience. In what way, may I be of aid to you?"

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!