Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On the Wings of a Dream

On the Wings of a Dream

a part of “On the Wings of a Dream”, a fictional universe by Bani.

You wake up in a strange place, you can't remember anything but something tells you you're better off this way. And then you find a strange person is trailing you, offering you their 'help'. Can you trust them? Can you afford not to? Literate/Semi-Lit RP.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “On the Wings of a Dream”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: On the Wings of a Dream

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 am

Hey guys, I'm back and I'm so sorry, I'm the worst person in the world. I've been having problem after problem with my computer but hopefully it's all sorted out now. I'll do my best to get a post up within the next two or three days. Once again, super sorry.

@Anise: I got your PM and that's fine with me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orbweaver
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:58 am

Anyone else have issues logging in? It's being a pain in the butt considering I've only got certain hours I can dedicate to posts ;~; <3 I love you guys though~ lmao but I'm sleepy..just checking in~

Good luck Anise.. Hope you're not having as much RPG site trouble as I have been having!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:06 am

Huzzah! People are coming back! *Super excited* It's good to see everyone is still trying to keep this thing going.

I haven't had trouble lately, but I know the site can be a butt; just keep refreshing I guess? My advice, as far as posting goes, write it out in word or whatever then copy and paste it to the 'add your post' thing. That way if the site bumps you out, you don't lose your work.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Hmm..maybe I spoke too soon..

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:14 am

Just wondering, should I wait for Ivory to meet up with the twins before I post or should I go ahead?

Orbweaver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 am

I don't know... I'm just waiting for the twins.
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Hmm. I think I'll do the post I was going to do and then if Ivory needs to reappear then she can do that in the chariot vehicle.

Orbweaver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:35 am

My computer is SO moody, but I am back! Bwhahaha, I fixed my desktop and somehow through the grace of god it's accepting Roleplaygateway again. I am assuming a few others may have the same problem?
It wouldn't even let me near the OOC or posts :'(

@NSH Thanks for the advise, that's a problem I sometimes have, but this one was different.. I fixed it though, but my laptop is old as the Flintstones.

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anise on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am

I had a few issues.. but my post is done. I'm submitting it now.. I had to change it a bit due to my lateness, but I think It's appropriate, if anything is missing pm me and I'll correct it.

Anise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Wow, I've been away for a while. I'm sorry guys. I'll get on posting asap. I kinda need Nox however, so if you're reading this Nox, move your bum.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 pm

...yeah...

Sorry guys, thought this was dead, hadn't checked in a while.

I'll crack out a post in a bit, most likely it'll be up tomorrow.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Nox, your perception on time sucks.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 pm

xDD wooow...I can't say much cause of my delays, but I'll keep tuning in like I have been.. :3

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:13 pm

OH SNAP! There's activity once again. Hey, Ikuto!! Glad to see some people are still checking this out.

Must say Nox, you've created an interesting turn of events. Not sure if it was purposeful or not, but it's funny how your post kinda relates to Grey's wasteland dream.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Yeah, kinda changed things up a bit.

This RP is dead.

It had a good run, but with the GM being away, it needs to do one of two things:

Restart elsewhere.
or

Wrap up.

Restarting elsewhere would involve me making a new RP, set in this world...a few years later or so. You guys will resume your roles, and if needed new roles can be made if we have newbs who want in. Time passed will allow for growth in relationships and such...and let the survivors gather in one place.

Wrapping up is just that...ending this with what you guys wanna be rembered as doing. Jabberwocky has gone home, no one had the blade so a fight would have ended in death. The removal of the war will leave a peace...of sorts. Wonderland will wither and die. If we go this route you guys will just have to continue without me. The Bandersnatch clan will post once, a retreat, and that will be all. Without a uniting of forces and a gathering of strength Jabberwocky will not fall.

I recomend the first option...but it's up to you guys. I will do as I am asked.

So, what's it gonna be?

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 am

BOO-YEAH! Another post! Take THAT 'dead' RP!

I'm all for starting anew. I like the idea of restarting in a 'defeated' Wonderland. It'll give the Contractor's time to grow and expand their skills/character, it'll make or break different relationships, and hey, maybe having some new people on board will liven things up again.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:03 pm

If we start a the rp over.. I'm all up for adding Absolem and Rhia back into the mix. I some reason love playing Absolem sooo much... it worries me seeing as I should prefer Rhia since I'm a girl... but oh well.. not like I didnt know I was a tomboy..lol.. >o>

As for new people, I think it's a good idea, but frequent posts in massive rps is either a blessing or a curse. Some quit because they get overwhemled, and sometimes it's the one thing keeping everyone hooked, lined and sunk. :)

Though I'm on the new bandwagon. I'm not ready to give up playing Absolem :)

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Well, my idea is based in the future some.

Time has passed, a few months or so...time for things to get dark and nasty. The survivors have had time to either band together either at the Castle or some other place...or to have splintered into warring groups. The Jabberwocky is assumed to be dead by most of the population, until someone discovers Charm Tower.

Everyone can have the same roles as before, adding new players will help fill some of the empty roles.

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 am

Who is alive and who's not?

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Everything that's been infected is now ash. Jabberwockey's Generals (Tibbs, Doormouse, Cook, Mad Hatter, March Hare), the land It infected and the various creatures.

Like I said before, I think it's a good idea. Not everything has a happy ending. That's what I loved about this RP so much, there were some characters that were beyond saving. As long as we can keep up the general feel and ideas we have going in this one, I think the new one will do fine. There's a ton more Wonderland characters out there that never were brought up that the newbies can nab. Let me know when you get the thing going. Cheshire's ready to play. >:3

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!