Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

When The Elor Cry

When The Elor Cry

a part of “When The Elor Cry”, a fictional universe by Nevan.

A brand new world, a brand new set of up and coming adventurers. Trouble brews over the horizon; will you be ready for it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “When The Elor Cry”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

When The Elor Cry

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Sun May 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Feel free to discuss your OOC stuff here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: When The Elor Cry

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Mon May 20, 2013 9:03 am

Hi guys. :D I'll probably make the first post tonight since all of a sudden we have like six members not including me!

I'm just struggling for character ideas, but I'm working on that right now so it shouldn't take long. XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jersh on Mon May 20, 2013 2:45 pm

fair enough, I will wait until then.

Jersh
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Mon May 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Okiday. ^_^ Just tell us when to post. ^^
"With these hands we will rebuild."

Zenia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Tue May 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Will post later today. Promise. ^_^ I give nagging permission to People if I do not.

Zenia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 pm

So it seems that undead are definitely a thing in this setting, so I have a few questions (and ideas if no one has answers)

Are there any gods in this universe?

What are vampires like? (weaknesses, how common they are, etc)

What about half vampires?

What kind of undead do the 'corrupted' necromancers raise?

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Sorry I haven't replied, I have had no net for two days due to me being in Florida and busy. I will try my best to reply as Illsera and Heiwa today.

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 am

Things should get back on track later today and tomorrow, people. :D Make sure you keep watching!

And Mr.Fahrenheit, to answer your questions:

1) Yes.
2) I've not thought about vampires much, honestly. Feel free to share some ideas if you have them.
3) Same as above. I assume by half-vampires you mean "ghoul"-like beings from Vampire: The Masquerade, right? Humans fed vampire blood?
4) I think it would be cool for necromancers to be able to raise anything. It'd be awesome to see some awesome rituals be needed though, especially for large numbers of corpses of weak creatures or a single/couple of corpses of more rare and powerful creatures like Giants, Dragons, etc. Of course, that could depend on skill too. :o

Nevan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Sun May 26, 2013 12:41 pm

I've definitely got vampire lore from different tabletop games, so I could share that if people wanted to know. By "half vampire" I actually meant the child of a vampire and a human, and if that was a thing in this setting, or if vampires were more monstrous. I'm also curious what gods there are in the setting since I might be interested in having my character worship one.

And yes, necromancers being able to raise just about anything would be cool.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Sun May 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Hey there!

This looks like a great RP and I would love to join in! :D I see there is no approval for characters, so I'll be posting one up as soon as! Can't wait to join you guys!

Love,

Scar x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Sun May 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Sweet DuBois. :D It's been a slow couple of days but only because I've been waiting on someone who's been away. It'll pick up again if not later tonight, tomorrow when I'll definitely post if said person hasn't yet, so definitely do join. :)

Fahrenheit, as someone who has played Vampires in a sandbox-esque setting before, I believe it would be best to have all of those examples you gave in at once. Half-Vampires? Sure, why not? Charming, Dracula-esque vampires? Sure. Monstrous, Nosferatu vampires, or perhaps just savage "wild" vampires? They can all fit. :)

As for Gods, I believe CrystalRose's character is a priestess who worships one, so you might want to check out her profile for information, or ask her about it. There is also one other Godess of my own design that's definitely in, but aside from that all I know is that there will be a pantheon rather than a single deity, 'cause that's always more fun. Perhaps I should start a religion OOC topic to document this stuff?

Anyway, the Goddess I'll be referencing in the RP is called Osira, and she is associated with love, war, fertility and the wolf. That doesn't mean there can't be any other God/Goddess of love, war or fertility, however. She is associated with them but does not necessarily control them, though she might have some degree of influence. ;)

Nevan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Sun May 26, 2013 8:31 pm

@ Fahrenheit

My character is a Priestess of the egyptian goddess, Isis. If that goes along with what you were thinking of... as far as the gods go... it would be something in common. Without giving too much away, my characters whole reason for journeying to the newly thawed city is based solely around her life's work dedicated to worshiping the goddess.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

CrystalRose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Sun May 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Crystal, Egypt doesn't really exist in Elories, since it is an entirely new world. But feel free to take the Isis concept and shape her into something if you'd like. If you want, keep her spheres of influence and name and just remove the Egypt connection? :)

Nevan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Sun May 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Yea that's what I was going to do... I'm just saying that's the basis of the goddess... where whatever info I use will come from. =/ Kinda cheating, I guess.

Nix that... as now there is a specific one provided. All is well. ^.^

CrystalRose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Mon May 27, 2013 2:50 am

Hopefully the gods I submitted work. I've been interested because in gods and undead because I have some ideas for my character that I didn't previously include in my submitted backstory, but hopefully if this works I can either edit that or just reveal it IC.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 am

Awesome! I'll post and join all you guys in the Valley later today when I get back from work! Can't wait!

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Mon May 27, 2013 7:28 am

Haha. That's fine, Crystal. I'm sure some of you smart people have already noticed that Osira is based somewhat on the ancient Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian Goddess known as Ishtar. =P

And awesome DuBois, it's good to have you on board. :D

Nevan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Mon May 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey guys!

So I finally posted my first post! Yay! :D Sorry it's so late, I just had a really long day at work and came home and crashed out for a little while. But it's up now! Hope you all like, can't wait to join in on the adventure! :)

Love,

Scar x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm

I think in my next post I'll start the 'event'. ;) I was told to give you guys some time to allow your characters to interact, but I was never sure how MUCH time. What're your thoughts on this? Would you rather have another couple days or so or shall I start it off on my next post? :)

Nevan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Starting the 'event' now would be abrupt and unexpected, which is realistic and interesting. That being said, another day would not hurt. Either sounds fine.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!