Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Who is/are your favorite Super Hero(es)?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Who is/are your favorite Super Hero(es)?

Superman
No votes
Batman
31%
Robin
2%
Spiderman
8%
The Hulk
No votes
Iron Man
4%
Power Rangers
No votes
Hancock
6%
X-Men
6%
Wonder Woman
2%
The Tick
2%
The Flash
4%
Aquaman
No votes
Ghostbusters
4%
The Venture Bros
No votes
Hellboy
4%
The Incredibles
No votes
The Green Lantern
No votes
Silver Surfer
2%
Dare Devil
2%
Captain America
6%
Captain Planet
2%
Teen Titans
6%
Justice Friends
No votes
Punisher
6%

Total votes : 48

Re: Who is/are your favorite Super Hero(es)?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:30 pm

Batman... Sure Transformers are epic.. But one hero in particular.. The Batman..

Grew up with him.. Watched, read, collected... The Dark Night Rocked.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Vexar wrote:Sure Transformers are epic..

What!? Transformers was a choice??? -goes to look-

....-pokes Vexar- Don't scare me like that again! I was like, "WHAT Transformers was on the list?? I dont' remember seeing them! Oh no! What if Optimus finds out I didn't vote for them!? Noooooo!!!" and then I look at the list...-sigh-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aelita
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:53 am

One word. Spiderman. I grew up on Spidey comics like a prostitute's baby on crack. He is. THE MAN.

Best DC is Supes. Just gotta love the Supes. I man yeah, Batman is cooler. But Superman.... He's just... Awesome. I don't know, I've loved him since I was a kid. One of the first books I ever read was a little shitty cardboard book on his origins and basic storyline. And one of my favorite graphic novels of all time was Red Son.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Mon May 05, 2014 9:47 pm

I say Punisher. He may not have super powers, but he can stand his ground against most powered characters.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 pm

I agree with dealing with it; Punisher is among the many excellent examples of great superheroes without powers. Now, my least favorite is Batman. I always have and always will hold a deep set hatred for the psycho. I believe that he has some serious issues he needs to work out, he doesn't know what's best for Gotham, and he sucks as a hero in general. Hang up the cape and go back to being the disturbed trillionaire that he is <--- My advice for him. Let Tony step in and kill everyone that you can't.

Classic, original, gory Batman is slightly better though. I find it funny that Penguin is seen as a serious adversary. I like Aquaman though! He's so under rated but he is plenty powerful and intelligent.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Wed May 07, 2014 10:51 pm

None of the characters in the poll for me. The Question has always pretty much been my favorite superhero, he has the skill, investigative mind and guile that Batman has. But, without the use of all the gadgets and a greater use of his mind as something more... cunning.

He's the guy who engineers a drug deal to turn into a police raid. The man who makes it so a corrupt politician ends up airing his dirty laundry on live TV.

There's something about a guy like that, someone more relatable than a billionaire who dresses like a bat at night, that stuck with me.

John Constantine is a close second. Doctor Doom, while not a hero, is probably third.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Saarai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pathas on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:58 am

Gotta go with Batman! Though having no super powers, he's one of the few 'elitists' who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty for the average citizen!

Pathas
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dottie on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Can Loki be my superhero? Lol If not I would have to say Captian America, Black Widow, or The Hulk!

Dottie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vvildee on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:09 pm

I just feel like batman have gotten so overrated. I mean he is after all a great superhero, but he is not my favorite. Because there are so many other superheroes that in my eyes are better. But I think that since they don't get their symbol on clothes and made fashionable, few people actually know who they are.

vvildee
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OutlawTorn on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:48 am

YES!!!

Batman FTW!!!

Pound for pound, objectively speaking (here we go again! XP), BAtman is the best, or at least the most impressive superhero, as he has NO super-powers. None whatsoever.

He is simply a courageous, skillful, resourceful, highly intelligent man who chose to stand up for the broken, desperate city of Gotham.

Regardless of what you say, what issue #'s you drop, Batman is the best pound-for-pound super hero ever, because he's not even a "super" hero... He's just a hero, who kicks as much ass as the next member of the Justice League (who all have powers to assist them in doing so).

BUT.... My favorite is Wolverine, hands down. I can relate to him on many levels. He's on of the only prominent Canadian super heroes out there. He's bad-fucking-ass! Indestructible, has unnatural long life, and he has claws for fuck sake... Claws! XP
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for it's own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
—I Corinthians 13:1-7

OutlawTorn
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightDivine on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:53 pm

gotta say batman (of the choices anyway, not sure who is my real #1 but not quite batman)
after all batman is prepared for everything, doesn't matter what you can do if he knows how to stop you years in advance of any potential conflict

TwilightDivine
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Marvel: Deadpool. Because come on? You can't not pick Deadpool.

DC: Rorschach, from the Watchmen. Like most of the Watchmen, he has no powers, but that doesn't stop him from being an incredible badass. During the '77 riots, he held down the entire lower east side of Manhattan, by himself, no guns, no powers.

Sure, he might be an ultra-conservative, homophobic, racist, sociopathic asshole, but he sticks to his principles no matter would, to the point that he would rather die than allow an injustice to occur. Not to mention he killed a guy with a toilet.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:22 pm

I was going to say Batman, but then I saw that Hellboy was an option. Red means stop, motherfucker.
Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything! | Gun-Toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes | NationStates's resident AR-18 fanatic and bayonet-hater | STOP! Before you call a magazine a clip, think of the children!

I probably like Quarians a bit more than I should. ShepxTali 4lyf3

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an edgar allan poet on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Marvel: Deadpool. I'm so pumped they're making I movie I literally cannot contain my excitement. Besides, he's sassy and just overall super bad ass. I admire that in a superhero.

DC: Definitely Batman, but if I were to choose a favorite villain it would be the Joker hands down. Sometimes I think I like that lunatic more than the Masked Manhunter...

an edgar allan poet
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brat Prince on Mon May 04, 2015 1:32 am

Oh, that was a hard choice to make there was a lot of really good super heroes that I like on that list. Why did you have to make it so hard? In the end I had to choose Spider-Man though because if it wasn't for him I may may not actually be into comics and super heroes the way that I am now. Besides he has some good story arcs and some awesome amazing villains.
I am the Vampire Lestat, the Brat Prince.

Brat Prince
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MatthiasAleksander on Thu May 07, 2015 11:25 am

Oh gods this was a hard choice. I really like the Avengers (especially Black Widow) and X-Men (Storm, although Magneto is my baby), but I think I have to go with Daredevil. I just love the fact he's blind and still badass, because I'm also partially blind. Also, he's rather funny.

MatthiasAleksander
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!