Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: The new generation RM

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: The new generation RM

a part of “Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: The new generation RM”, a fictional universe by Akionakamura.

A new threat rears its ugly head on the day that the remaining 10th generation Vongola guardians pass their rings down to the 11th generation. What do these new enemies want? this is an RP they i remaking

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: The new generation RM”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: The new generation RM

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 pm

I'd rather we left it ambiguous. Specifying an actual place as opposed to somewhere fictitious or enigmatic comes with too many stipulations e.g. language, geography, topography, climate, monuments/landmarks, idiosyncrasies, etc—at least for me (preserving my own willing suspension of disbelief).

I like that "it could be anywhere" feeling :P
But someone's gotta be there.
To pick it up.
To push. Back.
To put the first piece back together.
To put us all...
back together.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

oya Lloyd999 i hope its ok that i gave your character (Rosa) some incentive to go to school, seeing how she seem not the most friendly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Well, it would make sense if it was a fictional place in a real country, just like Namimori. We kinda need to know how the schooling systems work.

Even in Half-Life 2, it never tells you where you are, but many settings in the game imply you are in Eastern Europe. However, there are so many things that give different opinions of where you are, it has to be it's own fictional location; City 17.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:27 pm

i think it will be ezer to just make the settings and places the same as in katekyo hitman reborn so the school they good to should be Namimori which is in japan and the Vongola main base is some where in italy if that helps clear things up

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby William Brion on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 pm

I don't know where the roleplay should be. Our characters vary in age. Trevor and Yami are 12, Jayson and Shaji are 14, Josei and Shiro are 15, Kurai, rosa, Samuel, and Bellona are 16, and Donovan and Kurahoshi are 17. So pending on if people skipped grades or failed grades a lot of us will be in different classes

William Brion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:15 pm

How about we just have an OC school that has K-12 to simplify the hell out of things like an Academy or something seeing how most of the characters are children of people who are pretty well of

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 am

By word of this RP's god, Namimori it is :P I guess that would be easier, since KHR takes place there. And yeah, a K-12 combined institution would allow us all to go to the same place—yay!

Also, the (sociopathic) Comet guardian for the Rizzo, Alastor, is in. I'll be making posts later today/tomorrow for him, Trevor, and probably Josei, too.

I've kinda been waiting for the Kurai post to give a foundational setting for the other Rizzos (where are we at the moment? o.o), but I guess today is as good as any to waltz on into a new school >:D Well, at least for Alastor.

Speaking of the other Rizzos... are Bella/Child of the Winged and Yami/Leej10100 still participating in this RP?
Last edited by Xunnamius on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarwinianAssault on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Alright, I'm writing up the Rain guardian as we speak. His fighting style can only be called unique. ;)

DarwinianAssault
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Holy mother of long posts... 4k words.

Yeah, Alastor is pretty much a textbook sociopath. I felt like the Rizzos didn't have a Cloud-like "6th ranger" loose cannon/frienemy, so Alastor will fill that roll ^^ Also, the Koenig family name: http://reborn.wikia.com/wiki/Koenig

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:43 am

The way I figure it, even the Vongola 11th is in the future, so we ought to have some cool technology even then. Also it'd be a great idea to have an OOC topic where we an brainstorm things like technology and box weapons.

I love developing alien races, although, what makes this one unique is that they are unrealistic. 'Able to create androids that resemble humans and send them back in time.' 'Able to manipulate people's minds and reality itself.' 'Unable to present thoughts in a way humans can comprehend' 'Unable to rule the world despite their godly powers' 'Aim to rule the world when they could easily gain resources from neighboring planets'. I have been brainstorming them some, and I might present my ideas at some point.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:23 am

Also, I decided to give Ai a box weapon.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 am

A topic for discussing plot flow and a topic for discussing technology and (box) weapons/flame capabilities would both be nice. I'll make them if no one else feels up to it ^^

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby William Brion on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am

I think The Vongola Family should show up in whole at school and start class. Then the Rizzo family would be introduced as new students to the class shortly after class is started.

William Brion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Alright, I came up with a couple ideas of the timeline of the RP in relation to aliens and technology, along with an explanation of what exactly the 'database' Ai was tapping into, and how she could find research on things that didn't even exist. If anybody disagrees with this timeline, feel free to present your own ideas, as these are only my own ideas, and heck, we could simply decline everything I've suggested here if it doesn't work. Or you could add on to my ideas as well. The way I figure it, every idea is twice as good as the last. Anyhow, here's how it goes.

The Aliens (with no real title whatsoever) existed throughout history, and have interacted with Earth multiple times, with different intents.

They had existed on Earth before humans, and continued to exist during the early chapters of human existence on Earth, and maintained the Tri-ni-set, in the form of Seven Stones, but as they began to die out, due to them developing shorter lifespans, they decided to flee from the planet, but had to entrust the Tri-ni-set to humans, splitting the original stones into the Arcobaleno Pacifiers, Vongola Rings and Mare Rings. Many of these beings were revered as Gods, as their supernatural powers seemed godlike, which was because of their connection to the Tri-ni-set.

When moving to another planet, these beings had to rebuild their society from the ground. However, as they built up their society, quite rapidly at that, they went through rapid spiritual reform, essentially re-evolving all of their godly powers they'd once had before, having lost them when they were disconnected from the Tri-ni-set. Also, due to their short lifespans, generations passed by quickly for them, and they'd lost most knowledge of their pasts on Earth.

Then, around the 1950s, the Aliens had already re-constructed space travel technology, and had come across a planet known as Earth, with life on it, and started studying it, abducting Pvarious inhabitants and conducting analysis and experiments on abductees, using their advanced powers of brain manipulation to disguise themselves. Not long before this, the first Alien prototype 'thought-based computers' were under development. During this time, such as during the time of Vongola 10th, time-travel was developed by the Underground.

Decades afterward, during the time of Vongola 11th, human government branches were well aware of the Alien activities on Earth, and have actively been threatening the abductors to discontinue their actions on Earth, before any peaceful interactions can be made. The Aliens, however, had no way of expressing their thoughts to humans, nor any way of understanding human messages, so they had to rely on Alien probes (such as Ai) conveniently sent from the future to translate thoughts for both parties. At this point, the 'Thought-Integrated Database' (TID) was finalized and used commonly among Aliens and their research probes. Also, at this time, Box Weapon technology was beginning to be applied by governments in various countries of the UN, such as Italy and Japan.

Then, under a century in the future, some more ambitious Alien leaders wanted to establish Alien Colonies on Earth, and even allow transportation between citizens of both worlds, to help strengthen bonds between the two races, an idea brought up many times, but refused by human governments, thus bringing doubt among the true relationship between the two races. Aliens were still being kept as a secret from the public. Then, an Alien Leader decided he wanted to colonize Earth by force, thus starting the Invasion. Aliens used Deathperation Flames of Sky in their technology, their technology having already based off it, while humans used their various hybrid flames (such as Earth and Space) to counter them, along with their Box Weapon technology, and invented the Conflagration Frame as a key weapon against them. The result of the war is undetermined, as there are equal amounts of possible futures for both results. At this point in time, time-travel was being developed by Aliens, whereas humans had already perfected it, but deemed it forbidden, but some places in the underground used it, such as the Rizzo Famiglia. Supposedly, artifacts of the Tri-ni-set, such as the Vongola Rings, were destroyed.

Whatever the result was, Aliens managed to survive the conflict. Far into the future, at an unknown time, Earth had become unable to sustain itself, due to the destruction of the Tri-ni-set. The Aliens of this time had uncovered old documents about it within the TID, and decided to send a probe back in time to research it. At this time, the Aliens had developed time-travel. However, as they learned more of it and the power it held, there were many conflicted ideas as to what they wanted to do about it, and what they would do, should they obtain it, if they chose to, and how they would do it.

Thought-Integrated Database: Basically, it's the internet of the Aliens, developed by the collective telepathic powers of the Aliens, it's a system of shared knowledge that any Alien can use to gain and share information. However, this system has been further developed so that it can access information not only from the past, but from the future as well. A request for information is saved in the system until a point in time when transmitting data through time became possible, known as the Transmission Point. Then, the data requested, if it exists, is sent as a telepathic signal back to the time that the request was saved. Ai had demonstrated doing this before, when requesting for information on the Space Flames and Conflagration Frame.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Yay, Damioa is back! ^^ I've been too busy with work to post as Josei anyway, but I have this whole weekend off (starting today), so I'll be cranking out posts daily, plot pace willing. Further, Darwinian is gone for the remainder of the week, and has asked me to RP as Fred and Donovan during that time, the posts for which I'm writing up right now.

Anyhoo, I think I'll have Trevor be in the same class as Jayson's twin brothers. That should be interesting.

@William I agree. Not sure how Dreamer wants to play it, but I guess I'll just have Trevor and Don be asked to introduce themselves as they walk into their respective classrooms. Alastor will be fashionably late, of course (I'm talking middle of the day xD). Fredrick will appear momentarily, once I finish his post.

@Lloyd Well, first off, let me just say: I love what you did with the base64! What an awesome move, to throw that in there (though I had to bring up the Inspector in order to get the contents of the entire text node). Shaji Ai and her contacts are fascinating as plot elements.

As for your idea on the timeline, I like it, though I have a few suggestions in order to preserve continuity in plot. It's mainly this one paragraph:

Aliens used Deathperation Flames of Sky in their technology, their technology having already based off it, while humans used their various hybrid flames (such as Earth and Space) to counter them, along with their Box Weapon technology, and invented the Conflagration Frame as a key weapon against them.

The "Sky" set of flames seem to me to be local to the Earth—Sky and all representing our yellow sun and the composition of our atmosphere: clouds, mist, storm, rain, our understanding of lightning, etc. I'd expect the alien "invaders," who, if I'm reading your initial paragraphs correctly, invented space travel technology back when we as human beings were living in caves, to have been the initial progenitors of the "Space" set of flames.

It would then be us as humans with our Sky flames, Earth flames, etc. versus them as aliens with their Space flames. That'd explain humanity getting its ass handed to it after the initial colonization attempt, the necessity for the inception of the C-Frame, and the experimentation with and eventual evolution of the human flame set to match the might and scope of their "enemies". Fight Space with Space, fire with fire (bad pun, I know).

The space flame set is OP. If it was the way you suggest, and the Aliens had Sky while we had Space, we would have crushed them. Dark Matter and Moon alone would crush them. That, combined with the fact that they are the space travellers and not us, leads me believe that it'd make more sense the other way around.

As for the C-Frame, it'll eventually be revealed during the Alien Invasion arc that was discussed earlier that the creation of the initial C-Frame was made possible thanks to us (humans) reverse engineering one of the Alien's "frames". From there, we brought their tech, our Mosca tech, and all our Box Weapon research (including data on Byakuran) together to create the first C-Frame prototype, which Trevor was selected to test out and eventually pilot. That means that, if we RP all the way to said Alien Invasion arc, they'll be using mechs similar—though inferior—to the C-Frame when engaging us. It'll be fun ... or a horrible demise, one of those <_<

Also, future humans have something similar to the Alien's TID database. They call it the Terranet. Future humans have a telepathic link (through an implant) to a structure resembling our "internet," and they can query the Terranet and each other all around the world instantly. Virtual reality meets futuristic wireless tech meets the internet. Yay, future!

However, the Terranet cannot be accessed vertically through the fourth dimension like the Alien's TID. Trevor's C-Frame has a local store of a large part of the Terranet (future storage capacity is measured in zettabytes), but he doesn't have access to any future data he doesn't already have.

All in all though, I love the ideas ^^ What does everyone else think?

P.S. Who are / what is "the Underground"?

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:34 pm

@Xunamius Thank you for adding onto my ideas, and yes some things I had written wouldn't make too much sense.

I figured, considering the Sky flames were their's to begin with, I sort of figured it was possible that all their technology was based around them. Also, I figured, because they are not us, and don't even use a language we could define as a language, they wouldn't refer to the various flames as various atmospheric conditions. I'm pretty sure those terms were coined by Vongola Primo, as he compared his guardians to weather conditions, thus the following guardians were named that way, and so, the elements of their rings were named that way, for simplicity, and Vongola were the most influencial family at the time (until the Milliefore showed up, but I believe that's been fixed).

Though, I suppose the idea that the aliens, who have been using flames for the longest time, would make up new kinds first. And it would help hold suspension of disbelief that the aliens are superior, as you mentioned.

And about my post, when I wrote it, I kinda felt uneasy about it. Sometimes creativity doesn't improve things. I was thinking of making it Binary, but that's a little unoriginal and too recognizable, and just makes you dizzy. Base64, however, better resembled spam, and looks like a jumbled up piece of major disorientation in text, and was more document friendly than Hex, as that was it's purpose in the first place. Though, I find it interesting that despite the fact that we have devices made specifically to detect alien radio waves, a system of wireless printers of a school picked up the signals Ai gave off. Perhaps they weren't the only thing? Any how, I'm wondering when I'll introduce Ai's backup, among other plot elements, as I'm trying to hold back as much as possible, as we still need to explore the main plot/arc, before giving more foreshadows or side stories.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:17 pm

@Xu Also, I forgot to mention, Underground is just the term I used for the Mafia in general.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarwinianAssault on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:05 am

Attention peasants! Your kind has returned! >:D

DarwinianAssault
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerOnTheStars on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Sorry Guys >< I've been gone for a while, because of technical difficulties. Anyhow, ill post asap! I want to see the Kurai's appearing at the school, acting perfectly innocent around the student body and with the vongolas alone; they're return to normal. Im sure the vongolas will follow the act because the mafia status is secret or discreet correct?

Now! Ill have to go read over what I missed during posting and OOC. If anything please PM further information.
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”

DreamerOnTheStars
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:22 am

Wb Dreamer, but now it's my turn!

I'll be gone for a few days, family things. Be back within the week :D

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!