Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Althaea

Althaea

a part of “Althaea”, a fictional universe by Maree.

Althaea is a land of mystical intrigue, political savagery, civil war, forgotten lore, and new discoveries to be made. It is an entire universe forged by its creators: the characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Althaea”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Althaea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maree on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Althaea"

As stated in the introduction of the roleplay, Althaea is a sandbox game currently underconstruction. Those who wish to partake in its construction may PM the Game Maker or leave a message here. I am open to all ideas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maree
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Althaea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WrittenInScars on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:04 am

There is no avatar for my character because it's in the character sheet - just so people don't get confused.
The Secret of Consequence is The Death of Innocence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WrittenInScars
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WrittenInScars on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Riyo Shikiro - male friend of Orfea's.

WrittenInScars
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 pm

I posted something near the palace of Iracot for everyone to get involved in. So what are you lot readin this part? Go read the other thing, not this one.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightNoir on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Hey guys. I'm just getting acquainted with Roleplay Gateway and how the format all works, but I look forward to playing with everyone! My character and his sheet will be under construction, but for now think sort of a Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish type from Game of Thrones. Just wanted to introduce myself and Selwyn! Hope we all get a great game going here.

You can call me Matt, by the way. The game sounds awesome and I'm super excited. If anyone wants to get any arcs going, feel free to PM me. Otherwise for now, I'm going to just see where everything takes me...or rather, him :)

MidnightNoir
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maree on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:11 am

Welcome to RPG and to Althaea, MidnightNoir. Glad to have you as part of our game.

Maree
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 pm

This rpg has certainly caught my interest. I've read all the posts so far and things certainly are riveting. I have an idea of what kind of char I want, but I have few questions I want to ask first. Do you mind if I pm them to you Viridian?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maree on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:50 am

Please do. I will return a reply when I can.

Maree
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:40 pm

I could use some crew for the Kennel Dog. Open to everyone!

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:44 pm

lol, i'll create a character and join up. Can be your 1st mate?

Flarezone
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WrittenInScars on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:30 am

{Ignore this, sorry!}

WrittenInScars
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maree on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:03 am

Something to mention in Althaea. Time is not always linear in DIFFERENT locations. A scene may be happening at night in one location and another scene may be taking place early that next morning in another. Time does not have to be precise, if it is not in the same location.

Scenes must be completed before time is moved forward otherwise other players are left with major questions on what happened. It's also important to finish scenes because if you do not there is character development that is missed. Character development is highly important unless you play a static character.

Sarene was able to move forward to the next morning because her scene had been completed. The dragon chase/fight was not completed and left hanging. Other players moved forward too because there were several players moving forward before them.

We need to complete scenes. Those who did not complete scenes need to go back and finish them.

Maree
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:15 pm

I am beginning to wonder what happened to a few players already. Good thing this rpg is open ended.

Edit: At the moment, I am trying to give my char something to do. I think I'll have Melody bump into Parem lol.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Im in the residential ward on a bench waiting lol.

Bradok187
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby babbysama on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Hello everyone! I've only recently joined Roleplay Gateway, and am still getting acquainted with the system, but I've done a lot of roleplaying in the past. I have to say, I was really drawn to this RP when I read the description and some of the posts, and I'm excited to get involved. I made my character already, but I'm still looking through things to just get acquainted with the lore and things like that. Anyway, I'm glad that I joined up, and I hope we all have some great fun together!

Namaste!

babbysama
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Welcome to Althea!

Flarezone
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maree on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 am

Due to the holiday, I will not be posting for any of my characters in Althaea. I have family coming in from out of state and they will be here for an extended period of time. I plan to spend a great deal of quality times with my folks. So! On that note, I will be checking in on Althaea, but I will not be actively posting, unfortunately. I may have time in the early mornings to make a post or two, but do not count on it.

Monday! It is a long ways away but things will get rolling again at the start of next week.

Promise.

And thank you all for making this a wonderful and extremely successful roleplay. I've enjoyed every second of it.

Maree
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flarezone on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Sooooooo Quiet!

Flarezone
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby babbysama on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Flarezone wrote:Sooooooo Quiet!

Seriously T.T Where is everyone?

babbysama
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maree on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 am

It's a slow moving roleplay. Also, those people who are not posting, I will be Sacrificing their characters soon. I need at least an OOC post if you do not want your character Sacrificed. I'm sure some people can't post because others have abandoned the roleplay.

I intend to remedy this quickly.

Maree
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!