Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Across the Wilderness

Across the Wilderness

a part of “Across the Wilderness”, a fictional universe by MegaKooala12.

What's your motive for travelling across these dangerous lands? Are you looking for money? What about power? Honor and eternal glory? Or maybe you are just seeking adventure and a quick way to die... [LOOKING FOR FEMALE ROLES]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Across the Wilderness”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Across the Wilderness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:24 pm

I finally got the preview and post done and posted it at around 12 (I think...maybe 1). Regardless of the time, it is finally up!! Thank you so much everyone for being patient and not flaming me for taking so long!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:09 am

Alrighty, I'm all finished. I'm sorry my post was so shitty. I've been suffering from writer's block with Thaothien, but I finally just kinda sat down and powered through it. I realize I've taken forever to post, but I can assure you, once I've started up again I'll be posting more regularly.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm

I think one of the easiest ways to get through writers block is to think about 1) what does the character want? 2) what is an obstacle (internal or external) that stands in the character's way in getting it? and 3) what would the character do to overcome that obstacle?
I'm just waiting for Doll to write the abduction of Alice scene so go ahead and post that when you're ready Doll.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Alright well I figured I would wait for white rock to post before I did that. I will send him a pm asking him(/her? I'm not sure. sorry) if he wants to post first.
As for the kidnapping post itself, were you wanting to collaborate with that Arithmatus? I would really prefer you do, since it was indeed your idea. The only reason I wanted to post it is because I know my characters a bit better and can control the scene as it would go. Also, I thought it would be better this way because it is my character who is being kidnapped. I think I will go ahead and write the ideas I have for the scene in RPG Write and then send you the name of the pad so you may look at it and edit it as you think it should be. When you have finished, PM me and I will then go and add anything else, then finally post it.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm

I wasn't planning on posting again. There's really not enough for Elion to do-- it's safe to assume he went to sleep when the others did. I'll include stuff about what happened recently in my next post, so don't hold things up for me. You're all free to call me Rook, by the way.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Alright, well now I am just waiting on Arithmatus to see if he is going to collaborate with me on the post.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:02 am

Well Doll I was planning on just writing the scene as the abduction being discovered in the morning. I mean, the actual details of how they kidnapped her is not important right? But since you said this scene would be important for Alice feel free to write this however you want. If you want me to I'll collaborate in whatever way I can. So yeah, you can send me a pm of it.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:24 am

Has anyone heard from Kooala recently?

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 pm

I heard from her...yesterday? The day before? Something like that. She said she is super bogged down with life but she is trying to post and should have one up soon.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirk on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:29 pm

I am gonna post but probably on Wednesday since I am working on a project at the moment.
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who You are. - Mewtwo

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Ed Howe

The first requisite of immortality is death. - Stanislaw J. Lec

Sirk
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 pm

@ Arithmatus: Ok, I read the preview but I am curious as to why the Sidhe would have Alice?

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:48 pm

I pretty much threw that in because I thought Alice might be getting rescued too easily. Although I was worried that you would be out of the game for too long Doll when you're probably itching to write. I already associated Alice with some mysticism from my earlier posts using Ruwa so I thought a little more wouldn't do much harm. The exact reasons the Sidhe would take Alice is probably not too important from the fact that they have very mysterious motivations compared to humans. But how it would affect Alice would be more important. Basically Alice wouldn't be the same. If you know what I mean. But again thats just an idea I threw in and I would appreciate some discussion. An idea I have when the plot is running a bit sluggish is that you guys also write alternate previews in opposition to mine. So at this point Doll, Sirk, and Rook, you might think about writing what other paths the story could take. They could be completely different from what I wrote, and feel free to imcorporate other characters as well as your own like I do in my previews.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:34 am

Ok, well I have a good bit of 'Fey' knowledge, as it is one of my favorite obsessions. I will think about a reason they could have took her and the effects it will have on her, even if she is rescued. I'll post anything I can here or in the preview section.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Okay I'm about to post the forest battle scene. But Sirk, since the idea for the three bandits was your idea, was there anything you wanted to add to this? Also, I'm planning on posting this scene until its conclusion, when Prince interrogates the incapacitated bandit, so we don't waste time on unneccesary details. But would you want to write the details of the battle in your own posts as well Sirk and Rook?

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:53 am

I mean, I'll write Elion a fight scene, but it doesn't need to interrupt your post. We should be careful not to get too far ahead chronologically, though, otherwise it won't make sense with the other groups. Just a thought.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Ok, I have an idea (sorta....) about my next post, but I am posting it here to see what everyone else thinks, before posting in the preview section.
Idea:
Alice is kidnapped (already happened). However, one of the bandits betrays the others and takes the girl to the ruins of the sidhe (ancient fey that were thought to be practically extinct). There she is sold to a fey at a high price. The King of the Sidhe had heard from his oracle that a lovely bard of elven decent would be traveling with a prince. This girl would help lead to the destruction of the dragon (who the sidhe hate....I'm thinking on reasons why but I'm open to ideas). Sooo, since they think she is the bard of 'legend/prophecy' they hired the bandit. Now that they have her, they are preparing for war on the dragon, though she is still basically a prizoner....

Ok, now, the prophecy: 'It is said that a bard of elven decent will help strike down the dragon with a glorious melody'
'A melody?' You ask? Yes, a melody. I imagine dragons strong fierce creatures, however they have ears just like most other creatures. I am thinking that a certain pitch range will affect the dragon. Not kill him or hurt him (more than a headache might), but enough to distract maybe even stun him for a split second.

Ok, thats the idea. What do you guys think??

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:21 am

Any ideas are much appreciated. Those are great ideas but I am a strong believer that character relations are more important than plot. And that plot events should be focused on contributing to character development and relationships. As such, I think it would be a good idea for us to first think about how each of our characters are effected by and affect one another.
I know that Alice's goal is to see that her Wildfolk people are more respected. I can vaguely see how she and her goals will come into conflict with Prince's, which is great for interesting character relations. Also, you might guess that Prince is already somewhat prejudiced against Windfolk as you've read from one his quotes. I'm guessing that the Windfolk were badly treated in the past (forced into slavery, genocide attempts, forced assimilation, forced repatriation, etc) and many of the things Prince will do in the future is probably going to add to that. So, instead of the content on Sidhe, I think it would be better for this event to further contribute to Prince's prejudice against Windfolk. So, I think for the next post:

Prince and his three arrive at the scene to find the three bandits and Alice. Prince refuses to pay the ransom because of his pride and attacks them. Prince and his three are ambushed by more, yet cause them to retreat. I think I'll remove the content on someone who wanted Prince dead. During the battle, Dorin gets badly injured, dies in Prince's arms, and this causes Prince to resent Alice. Trying to gain back Prince's respect could serve as an obstacle Alice would have to overcome for her to achieve her goal. And I think this would add to a more interesting relationship between Prince and Alice. What do you guys think?

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirk on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:44 am

I was gonna go along with your idea of rescuing the girl and then split for a bit because Ash finds something on one of the bodies of the bandits that worries him. So he splits to take care of some personal stuff and rejoins the prince a day or 2 later. So i am gonna go along with what ever you write.

Sirk
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:43 am

So yeah, I think I'll go with my recently modified idea. I'm not denouncing your ideas though Doll, and if you want I'm sure we can weave some Sidhe content in later in the rp.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Guys, not to be the downer here, but I think we really ought to wait before going any further. The other two groups have gotten nowhere in weeks, and honestly, I'm not sure how many of the others are still here. I think everyone's waiting for Kooala, but I have no idea where she is.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!