Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Walking Dead: Online

Storyboard

a part of “The Walking Dead: Online”, a fictional universe by Captain Calamity.

An unexplainable infection has swept the world, bringing society to its knees. You are one of the lucky ones. A survivor. But now you must do whatever it takes to survive the greatest threat of all... each other.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Walking Dead: Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Storyboard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Yay! Congratulations! =D

I felt like this season has been very under-the-radar for some reason. But after Herschel dying, everything seems kind of just sad! I'm dying to see the season resume. I don't think Carol will be in very good health... that was a bad hit!
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:59 am

I think I know what they have in store for the latter half of the season, and it's pretty heavy. Believe me when I say things get much worse before they get better...

In much brighter news: DONE.

https://vimeo.com/113581777

Make sure to watch til the very end. Headphones recommended. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 pm

... this was the only appropriate response I could think of =)

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Hahahaha! You know, one of my drafted characters is Shia. He may be joining the cast. Time to make this shit next level. ;)

As hard as it was to pepper in the VoiceOver stuff, I think they worked well in a vague kind of way. Bryan Cranston has such a rich voice. And I was able to get in some of our story points, i.e. Jack/Harper, the bus, Lily/Sam, George and the crash... fun stuff. Song was very long though. It's practically starts with the teaser and finished with that massive action set. You think we should do another recruitment drive with it for Season 3? See if we can't wrangle anymore folks?

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:24 pm

I guess it depends where we'd target it. We're definitely looking for committed, long-form, advanced players. I struggle with the need for new writers to bring their own style to the story and the game versus the need to recruit people who are lock-step with us in terms of commitment to writing and brainstorming. *sigh*

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Thats nicely put. I know exactly what you mean though. Its hard working with new writers to integrate them into the story, because (as we've seen) it's not easy to work them out if they suddenly disappear. We've done well with that so far I think, considering... but we are such an intricately woven beast that everyone really does have to be on the same page. There's a certain respect between us three where we've created a no pressure environment where we feel free to float ideas, shoot others down, and not feel obliged to rush things when a little bit of time and patience works better. I wish I had time to be more active in other roleplays to meet more people like you guys.

I happened to get tomorrow off of work (feeling quite flu-ish anyways), so I'm gonna buckle down and see if I can't get this finale done. Its not the post so much that is holding me up, but rather the new profiles
I have to put up. I like the shape of the new cast, but drafting those profiles is almost more daunting than the actual finale -- haha

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:04 am

I hope you feel better soon! We finally got snow up here. Took long enough!

I forgot to ask earlier--are you wrapping Bryan Cranston in to the cast?

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:08 am

I could do nothing more then agree with SkyFear, so I blatantly ripped off her thing.

I'm so impressed by the addition of the voice-over. That makes it feel so much better. How do you even do that? (Okay, I know how you would do that, but just the idea of having to go through an actor's work just to find the right quotes... wow!)
Passive-aggressive signature

Zephon
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 am

Calamity actually has three brains. Two are devoted to nothing but creative genius.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:02 am

Fear of a Female Planet wrote:Calamity actually has three brains. Two are devoted to nothing but creative genius.

This

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:19 am

lol! 1 is devoted to creativity, the other two just think about food all the time... hehe. I want some of that snow though! It's been raining all week here in LA, which has been crazy (and is basically why I'm sick).

We could totally add Cranston. I hadn't thought to, but who better to survive an apocalypse really? :)

And those voiceovers I stumbled upon while searching for Calvin footage, and I realized how they sort of fit the tone of what I was trying to make, so I found a way to sprinkle them in. I love Cranston's voice and his delivery in that first half. Fits the music so well. I'm running out of tricks though. Season 3
trailer is gonna have to be epic.

The part that always gets me is the Sam/Lily shot. There's little Easter eggs like those that are really just enjoyable for us three (since we know the significance of some of these shots and what they mean) ...

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Maybe we can add some actors who played in something like Gladiator or Troy? I'm sure you can make some interesting trailers out of those (though not entirely accurate ones :P )

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Garrett Hedlund (Oliver) was in Troy. Y'know, I've been been writing this medieval series, and the fight between Achilles and Hector is so badass in that movie. Such a brilliantly choreographed and framed scene. It's so awesome, in fact, that I'm gonna link it. XD

http://youtu.be/80SsC_ZNbyI

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:24 am

Yeah, the fighing was quite good in that movie.

The rest of it, not so much.

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:31 am

Troy truly made no sense to me. And after years of having to painstakingly get The Iliad correct for a wide array of literature classes, it was especially tiresome. LOL.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:21 am

Question! Do you have a character that you particularly love writing for?

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:00 am

Excellent question. I think I'd probably go with Sarah. Just because she was designed to also kind've double as an antagonist to herself and others, which is fun. She's incredibly resilient and headstrong, but she's also wildly impulsive and a bit short-sighted when it comes to things -- which can be maddening to those around her. I still have lots of ideas for where her character might go in the coming seasons, but she's such a unique character that I kind've want her to be more reactive than active. She's already been through so much in this first week... losing and finding her brother... the assault by the looters... Oliver and Bronson's crew...

She's about to turn up again, and she won't be the same Sarah we saw last time.

What about you??

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:11 pm

This post...

It's like writing three posts back to back. But I'm almost done with the 2nd part at the Capitol's dinner, and then I just have the epilogue teaser. So, I'm getting there. Hopefully if I keep up at this pace I can get it out tonight.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 pm

No worries, the longer the wait, the better the result (Okay, that is not always the case, but let's pretend it is)

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:47 pm

I like writing Harper/Stevie. Harper is a very calm, steady person who spots problems, doesn't get overwhelmed by emotions but is very loyal to the people around her... She is processing this entire situation from a completely different perspective than, say, Stevie, who's fighting all the thoughts in her head that could interfere with her ability to survive if she's not careful with how she manages her mind. (Harper, on the other hand, needs to balance her physical health in order to up her chances of survival.)

But, I also like Tara.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!