Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose

a part of “Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose”, a fictional universe by Zetsuna.

Eastern Fantasy RP located in the fictional world of Xhiana. The world has faced so much only to survive for a civil war. Rebels have began to rise and plot and our unlikely group of adventurers seem to be swept into the conflict.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sat May 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Please be sure to ask questions, as a GM I'm here for ya!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun May 18, 2014 7:11 am

It's nice to see such a detailed rp after so long. Haven't quite finished reading through the info but I'm noticing some similarities to the GURPS system. Did you draw some inspiration from that?

I'm kinda torn on character ideas at the moment. The current ideas I'm trying to decide between are the standard 'honorable young traveling marital arts fight' or maybe a less heroic, con-artist Illusionist.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sun May 18, 2014 7:55 am

Not GURPS entirely but I do play RMSS which is currently my favored RP.

And yeah, my character is going to be in archetype wise a warrior monk aside from the traits and such. I'm just trying to get everything in so more people know where they're at.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun May 18, 2014 8:24 am

RMAA... rolemaster? Haven't tried that one out yet. I've mostly been doing pathfinder recently myself.

I think I'm finding myself settling more on the con-artist character idea. I've already found a picture to fit it and after looking through the skill list I think the skills related to the role would be the easiest for me to get the hang of.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sun May 18, 2014 8:35 am

Yeah rolemaster is pretty great, a lot of charts and long character creation but it is always worth it in the end. My biggest problem with my RPs on here is that I love large scale high adventure ones and no one seems to want to put that much effort in. So we may end up doing a one on one (Temporarily and hope more join along the way).

I'll try to get names and places on the mainland done today.

Also a well way to see stats

1-10 = Weak
11-20 = Normal
21-30 = Strong
31-40 = Inhuman

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun May 18, 2014 8:44 am

Two quick questions. What are the differences between speed and agility, and between magic and spirit?

Also when you say characters don't 'level up' does that mean there wont be any form of character advancement?

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sun May 18, 2014 8:57 am

There will be but only in skills and how you personally use your skills/what you learn. Its not going to be sudden and Speed is more along the lines of reactions wise and Agility is more along the lines of what is used for footwork and how quick you can be with your weapon. (I may change the name of Speed ) but thats pretty much it.

Spirit is basically your will/composure/tolerance and basically in another stat comparison its "MInd/Wisdom"

Magic is basically used as Intelligence (In the skills) but it is the mana/force/chi that resides in you. It is what allows some people to use magic. Some don't even know they're magically attuned.

Also changed "Weapon Type:" to "Weaponry" If you can carry it go for it but don't say you carry 10 weapons at once and what not lol.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun May 18, 2014 9:20 am

So your saying Agility is more 'rate of movement' and speed is more reflexes, right?

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sun May 18, 2014 9:28 am

Correct, thats the best way to describe it in a short phrase.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun May 18, 2014 10:15 am

Alright then back to my questions about character advancement then. How do we get more skill points? Are they handed out by role playing or after encounters or something along those lines? And would lying to someone fall under smooth talking or acting?

Also sorry for I'm pelting you with questions. (>_>) I've been having to put a lot of thought into my character thus far.

[edit] I'm kinda setting my character up as a dedicated diplomacy/stealth character. Not really built for front line combat so he plays more of a supportive role.
Last edited by Wake on Sun May 18, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sun May 18, 2014 11:00 am

By roleplaying out certain encounters and if well done and if succeeded with my role, your skill will go up and no problem. Questions are good especially for those who may want to join.

Edit: Cool, my character is the devoted Warrior Monk. It'll be a good RP even with just us two (Granted people can join at any time). Also PM me when/if you've selected some traits. I'm currently about to work on "World Information" and I may update the map soon to show where some things are and to give a better idea for your history.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun May 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Eheh... I actually already grabbed a few traits for him. I've got a solid idea for his backround, mainly hinting that he wasn't 'just' a shady street peddler at some point. I was mostly just waiting for more world info before I started flushing him out.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sun May 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Well some of the traits I basically have to fit you in with the world I created, tell me what kind of idea you had for the Social traits and family ties and I'll try to come as close as I can with them. From the type of character you're creating it probably wont be too hard but I'd like to do it in PM so no one else knows but us (For those who create characters let it be a surprise).

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Sun May 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Hey, im interested in this RP and have already started making my character however I have some reservations about it before I go through the trouble of typing up a good history and what not. MY main concern is that I will put a lot of work into a character that I will not get to use due to the complexity of your creation system scaring off people. I honestly dont have a problem with it and in fact I think it is refreshing to see such a well thought out RP on here after so long, however you know how most of the people on here are im sure.

Another concern of mine is traits and skills. Can we only use the ones listed or can we make our own? Also, what about clans? Are we allowed to be from a clan that is not on the list or is that a no no as well? Im going to continue to work on my character a little here and there, like I said I want to join so if this gets rolling im in for sure. Im just not going to go full on creative and pour hours into a character that I will never use.

The Based God
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Mon May 19, 2014 12:58 am

For the first, the character creation system isn't complex but it is very detailed which is a must in this setting. I'm a dedicated RPer with this and I can go 1x1 or even 1x1x1. So far we have three people which is good enough for me. So mainly speaking, the use of your character all falls on you and your attention span to the RP.

For skills and traits, I would say no you can not make new ones strictly being that most of the things are covered with what you need. The reason traits aren't to be modified is because in some cases we must discuss what you want out of certain traits and I can do what I can to incorporate it into the world or give you something similar. Reason being is because this is a world i created and somethings can't be undone. However, you can PM the idea and I may consider it IF i can make it fit.

Yes you can make a clan but it depends on what its for, what the clan resides about because do remember most "KNOWN'" clans died out and the five that are in power still exist. As for the Ninja clans, no and if you want to create a ninja clan, you'll have to PM me your idea for it and I may approve it.

I will say that Traits CAN modify Xhiana.

So yeah, I understand creating a character and the RP doesn't go anywhere. However when I am GMing I'm rather open to going with what I have. The RP isn't suppose to be extremely populated and I would love to ideally run it with 8 characters max but it doesn't need to be instant. In fact the RP is always going to be recruiting because we'll just fit new characters in somewhere that makes sense (When we get to a new part/city).

(Hopefully that made sense, a little tired at the moment)

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Mon May 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Another update to the character sheet in case you haven't seen the "World Information" page.

These are things that make you a little different from normal humans. For every 5 Magic you have, you have 1 slot for abilities. The template for this is in "World Information"

Also I added my abilities if you want a quick example.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diarmuid O'Dyna on Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Wow, this looks really interesting with all this detail! I would like to reserve a character, but it may take more time than usual to fully get down what I need to for the character.

Diarmuid O'Dyna
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Mon May 19, 2014 11:54 pm

No problem! Take your time! Me and Wake are still making our characters as well and I'm still writing down some stuff about the world :)

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venom0861 on Tue May 20, 2014 6:14 am

So this sounds really awesome I'd love a spot if there's still one open

As for my character I'd like to go with something like a dual wielding swordsman maybe with a cross into mage later as the story continues I'll start workin on a character tomorrow when I get off work I may even pull a friend in if that's alright :D

Venom0861
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue May 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Little busy with college work so I'm putting things on hold for now. But I do plan to have a finished first draft up by Saturday.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!