Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Astral

Plot Development

a part of “Astral”, a fictional universe by Aurei.

No one knew what would happen on the day that the stars and planets aligned-- that is, until now. And the lives of seven regular students will never be the same again.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Astral”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot Development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:39 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

This thread is for plot development discussion. Information on certain arcs in the role-play will go here, along with an explanation about how the time flow will work and a list of problems and ideas that arise. This thread is not just for the game master(s), but for both the role-players and the game master(s) alike. Your contribution here is crucial as a member of the role-play, whether it be adding more input on an idea or problem, or something completely different.
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aurei
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver

Time Flow

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:36 pm

HOW DOES IT WORK?

In this role-play, there will be an emphasis on the date of the role-play, and on transitions, time skips, etc. from one day to the other. We won't just be letting the date aimlessly float around all the posts somewhere, hoping that at least one person remembers it. No, not at all-- the flow of time will work like this. When someone feels that a time skip to the next day is needed, they must post in this thread to get everyone's opinion on the skip. If at least six people agree, or it is actually necessary, we'll do a skip. Transitions larger than two days must be approved by the GM or CoGM.
    And yes, posts that you do in the role-play must be set in the current date in the role-play.

At the beginning of the role-play, and when we come to a new day in the role-play, you'll see me post something that looks like this in the major places of the role-play;

おはよう/こんにちは

It is [ now ] the [ morning/afternoon ] of the [ number of day ] of [ month ], [ year ].
It is [ weather adjective ], and [ extra information ].

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aurei
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver

Past Role-Play Arcs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Current Role-Play Arc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 pm

ASTRAL; ARC ONE
      starting date; march 17th, 2854

The time has finally come; the day of the planet alignment has arrived, and with it comes the awakening. The old celestials and guardians never thought they'd get the chance to see their old friends and lovers once again after their sacrifices during the energy crisis. That is, till they heard about the day of alignment around only a year ago. They knew this had to mean that their friends were returning-- in some way, in some form. So, the search is on. But, will they really find what they were looking for? And, if they do, will it really be what they want-- who they want?

The new celestials and guardians had led regular human lives, with no knowledge of their true potential. But now, an ancient power is awakening inside of them; and they don't know how or why. But over time, it will come apparent that their newfound abilities will make their lives anything but normal-- and with it, comes new responsibilities and hardships.

Information;
      • There will be at least one old celestial or guardian looking for one of the new celestials or guard]ians. There may be two, depending on which characters we start with. Everyone who plays an old celestial can state who they want their character to be looking for in this thread.
      • The old celestials and guardians have two main goals in this arc; find the new celestials and guardians, and bring them back to the shrine in Kamakura before public suspicion arises.
      • To everyone who plays a new celestial or guardian; if your character experiences any physical or personality changes, this is when that change will start.
      • An awakening has never happened before among the celestials; this is a new experience for all of them. The old celestials never knew the late celestials would be reincarnated in some way.

Make Sure to Read;
      • From the Old to the New [ OOC thread ]
      • How to Distinguish a Celestial [ OOC thread--coming soon ]

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛[/center]
Last edited by Aurei on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Re: Plot Development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Everyone who plays an old celestial or guardian, please now feel free to post the name of who you want your character to be looking for at the start of the role-play on this thread! And suggest any ideas you have here as well.

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:46 pm

For Yoru, I think he'd either look for Uranus [given their romantic history] or Mercury [because they were besties]. Aurei and I were talking about what parameters we could base the search on and she came up with:

Aurei wrote:Well, like, it could be that they're either looking for the new celestial that they're emotionally connected to OR the old celestials could have all discussed about who would go for who, depending on which new celestials would have the most dangerous and harder to deal with powers. [ which will initially be very violent cause of the awakening ]

Those are both very good ideas. So I was thinking [with props to our brilliant Aurei] that Yoru and Sanraku; Neptune could be looking for both Mercury and Uranus together as they both have old relationships with the two. It would also be very fitting with Yoru's ability of intangibility when it comes to Mao's quintessence force, and Sanraku's ability of hypnosis for Mercury's hyper cognition.

Kapento, let me know what you think.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Also on a side note; all of the new celestials and guardians are currently in Tokyo. [ which is surprising, really. not one of them is in Kamakura ]. The old celestials and guardians won't know exactly where they are, but seeing as Tokyo has such a dense population, common knowledge would drive them to search there first.

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peace_of_mind7 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Hoshi would most likely seek out Venus due to their old friendship.

peace_of_mind7
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:35 am

I was wondering, when the new celestials are taken away. How would there families react? Would they think they were kidnapped or would their memories be erased. (Cause when I think about it, the thought of no longer existing in the memory of someone you care about sounds tragically heartbreaking. Even Hinata can't stay happy about that, not for long anyway.)

Scra
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:49 am

I agree completely. I think having the Moon & Neptune looking for both Uranus & Mercury makes good sense, so I have no qualms about it and are totally up for it. Given their old relationships, I think it would be good to see those four come together, and in-regards to powers, I believe they would work well against the new celestials. Anyway, just to say I'm all for it. X3

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 am

Erza; as to whether the memories of their families are erased, if that did happen, it'd likely happen a while later. But at some point, yes, that would likely have to be done-- whether it happens sooner or later depends on the character.
      Take mine for example; Mao is legally an adult, and will be heading to college [ in Tokyo ], but her mother is moving to a city farther away. So, in her case, she could probably be in Kamakura unnoticed for a fair amount of time-- of course there'd be the calls from her mother now and then.
      I imagine that at first, no memories will be wiped [unless a character's situation really needs it to get them to Kamakura ]. Once the old Celestials and guardians learn that these new ones aren't necessarily full out reincarnations of the ones they knew, they'll see that all they'll probably have hard times adjusting. Wiping memories from their loved ones would just make it worse, and they'd know that by then so that's another reason as to why it's more likely to happen later.

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slowbro on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Reina [Jupiter] will be looking for Harou [Pluto] :3

Slowbro
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 am

Chat with Cloud; wrote:
      "[...] are the new celestials powers activated after the planets align or are the powers awakening as they align?"

"[...] As for the powers, they're beginning to awaken as the alignment approaches [ though very subtly; for example, in my post, Mao spots frost gathering around the edges of a window due to the influence of her power arising ].
      They won't fully activate till the actual alignment though, and it's very likely that when that happens, they'll go pretty out of control."

On a side note, one of the major goals that the old celestials will have is that they want to prevent any public suspicion.

Chat with Cloud; wrote:
      "[...] Are the new celestials going to be forced to return the shrine or only if they're asked and don't want to come?"

"[...] So, yeah, they'll likely be somehow brought over to the shrine without their consent if they don't want to go-- this will be emphasized if any of their powers go overboard. May take a day or two though for the transition, depending on how the old celestials adjust to the situation."

The transition from Tokyo to the shrine doesn't have to be rushed or immediate. It greatly depends on how all the characters interact with one another; will the old celestials be incredibly blunt with the new ones and just reveal everything to them outright? Will they try to coax them into coming to the shrine? Etc.

[ Also, I feel like a lot of people may get confused by this; know that when I say only "old celestials" or "new celestials," I will usually be referring to both celestials and guardians. I'm just incredibly lazy sometimes. ]

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hereliethefallen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:34 am

I think that Eguzki will be popping up all over the place giving the other Old Celestials hints as to exactly where they should start searching. He probably wouldn't look for anyone in particular unless none of the other Old Celestials haven't claimed one of the New Celestials.

If I have to settle for a new Celestial, I'll have Eguzki look out for Mars (Shouta) and Saturn (Himeko) if that's fine with malachite and keen :)

hereliethefallen
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:52 am

@hereliethefallen

That's quite fine with me! Looking forward to it :P

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malachite on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:47 pm

@hereliethefallen:

That's alright with me as well! nvn/
M A L A C H I T E
mal — 17 — dog person

Malachite
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:20 pm

It seems that all of the Old Celestial's have already taken the new ones and since Capella has not been finished yet, Yui (Procyon) will simply watch over them until Capella is ready if that's alright with you Aurei?

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Yeah, that's totally fine Chesire. She could also tag along with any of them till Capella is ready, if you want. Or she could just be making sure they're all out doing what they need to be doing.

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wispy on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm so sorry! Image

All the guardians are waiting on me! I promise I'll try to finish as soon as I can.
ImageImage

Wispy
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurei on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:43 pm

So, at the moment, everything in the role-play is going along fine. However, I guess we'll need some type of initiative that brings all the old celestials to searching once again-- as, the night of the Awakening will be the most prominent time to find all the new ones.
      Perhaps the Sun, maybe, would persuade them all to head out, if that works for you hereliethefallen?

Aurei
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!