Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Call of the Kingdom

Call of the Kingdom

a part of “Call of the Kingdom”, a fictional universe by KaitlinKetchum.

Life on the top isn't always easy.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Call of the Kingdom”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Call of the Kingdom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:28 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Call of the Kingdom"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Call of the Kingdom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magical_pineapples on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Interesting role-play, Ketchum. :)

May I please reserve a Princess for the Elimeth kingdom, and have a knight belonging to the Yured Kingdom? Both whom I do not know what faceclaims to use just yet.
"I dance because, there's no greater
feeling in the world than moving to a piece of music and
letting the rest of the world disappear."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magical_pineapples
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Loup on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:07 pm

This looks promising! There certainly aren't enough rolepays in this genre. Could I have the King of Faolla? I don't have a faceclaim yet, but do you have an age range in mind for him? I may also reserve another character, but I'm not sure yet :)

Scarlet Loup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm

You both may have your reservations! Thank you so much for your interest. :) I'm not quite sure, but he has a daughter who's 19 so at least 35. Could be older. Just depends.

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magical_pineapples on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:29 pm

I have a slight similar question as to Scarlet's. I'm thinking of making The Princess of the Elimeth kingdom to be either 18/19, whereas the knight would be either 19/20. I assume this would be fine..? Sorry if they are somewhat 'young'. I haven't delt with any character above the age of 23. I really don't approve of it really. xD Too old for me.

Magical_pineapples
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leCupcake on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi, can I reserve Princess of Arared? Also, how old can the prince/princess characters be?

Also, this roleplay looks really cool.

leCupcake
Member for 10 years
Author Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Yes, you may @IeCupcake. And thank you!

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnitaBreak on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:53 pm

This looks like fun. May I reserve the Princess of Ibaolith?

AnitaBreak
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby General Esdeath on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:20 pm

Hey, I think this type of roleplay and was wondering if I could reserve a character to be a General for Faolla? I was planning on using my character General Esdeath. She's from a different universe(If you're familiar with the anime called Akame Ga Kill then you probably know her.) But, I am sure I could adjust a few things to make it appropriate for the current roleplay. Since her powers revolve around Ice, I thought it was fitting for her to be a General for Faolla.

General Esdeath
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:20 am

General Esdeath wrote:Hey, I think this type of roleplay and was wondering if I could reserve a character to be a General for Faolla? I was planning on using my character General Esdeath. She's from a different universe(If you're familiar with the anime called Akame Ga Kill then you probably know her.) But, I am sure I could adjust a few things to make it appropriate for the current roleplay. Since her powers revolve around Ice, I thought it was fitting for her to be a General for Faolla.

Sure can! Although your charrie may be one of the only animes, which doesn't bother me any.

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:37 pm

The introduction has been updated and all reservations and their due dates are current. Both reservations that are due today have been notified and any questions about your reservations or needs for extensions can be posted here. If you want to know how much longer your reservation has, the time remaining on your reservation will be updated on the introduction daily.

That being said: we have three characters now and I think today is a good day for introduction posts. However, due to the reservations we have out and the roles needing to be filled I am limited posting to once per day until further notice. I believe this allow a plot to develop without getting over developing in a short amount of time which would prevent other RPers from joining.

You may now make your introduction posts. Remember, one post per day until further notice! Feel free to PM or IM me with any questions. :)

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Can I reserve the Princess of Elalimeth?

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Lostsoulsbleed wrote:Can I reserve the Princess of Elalimeth?

Sure can!

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iCakez on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:44 am

This looks really great! I would like to reserve the King of Elalimeth, if possible?

iCakez
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Is there a format for the character bio?

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:56 pm

iCakez wrote:This looks really great! I would like to reserve the King of Elalimeth, if possible?

Your reservation has made and will be active for five days. As for the other person asking about the character sheet, it is located above the roles section of the introduction. You don't have to use it, it's only a suggestion. :)

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaitlinKetchum on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Credit to iCakez

I will be adding some more flesh to the bone, so to speak, regarding the roleplay. To offer a basic plot and storyline, I will unveil what your characters and the Kingdoms can expect and what the RP will be revolving around.

“In the North lies Elalimeth and no other Kingdom lies further North than that. Only the wild is beyond its borders in that direction. Only the wild and the unknown and the unexplored. It is from that unknown that a great enemy stirs.
Deep in the bowels of the earth, something has awoken. Something that has been sleeping for so long that men today have entirely forgotten they existed. Nearly 2,000 years ago, a terrible host swept across Arurion , killing anything that stood in their way. They razed city after city and seemed to be unstoppable. Human lives meant nothing to them unless they could use them for their own advantage, which in some cases, they did. Elalimeth was the first Kingdom to fall as it was closest and soon after came many more. This great enemy swept across the land with such strength that none were prepared. It took the better part of a year for the remaining free Kingdoms to assemble all their might and march their combined armies against these foul creatures.

… But had they come in the first place? The Morcai are deranged and deformed creatures, but these are only one of the races part of this great evil out of the north. The rest shall be named later, for now I will tell you of their leader. The one responsible for throwing the continent into war all those years ago.
Balagorn the Deathless. A dragon, trapped in human form. His breath is fire and his wings cloak everything in smoke and shadow. When unfolded they cover fields in darkness, as if a shadow had come over the sun.
But that is a long time ago, though not for a dragon. Even before the Great War, he was ancient. It was before all this, thousands of years ago that he was imprisoned to his current state. To a human body that is terrible to look upon. Mouth black from the fire and poison within him, eye sockets seared and burnt, holding two red eyes with reptile-like slits of gold. His skin is grey as ash and his hair is black as night. And “Deathless” is only one of the many names that the ages have given him. “Destroyer”, “Darkheart”, “Balagorn Blacksoul”, “Deathwing” are but a few. They have all been forgotten.

It was he who gathered all the evil races in this world. Balagorn used his cunning mind to talk the Arikkoa into joining him. Then the Morcai and the Olar-Ram and the Orodrin. Ruakaan, Arimon, Baeliol, Mulohr, Queveri, Zûr and many more. All of these races joined him. Some of them were dark and twisted creatures before Balagorn the Deciever came to them, but those who were not… They were broken and made to suit his terrible armies.
These dark forces, these Black Legions would aid him in his search. Balagorn had been bound to this human form by his brothers and sisters, and now only sought to find the one thing that could return him to his true form, the one thing with the power to give him back his wings.

See, dragons have no hearts. In their chests resides the source of their fire, where the heart would be on a human. Dova’khan it is called in their own tongue. Dragonsoul. When his brothers and sisters bound him to his human form, they took his Soul from him and split it in three pieces. They took the Soulshards and hid them across Arurion. This is what he sought 2,000 years ago, Balagorn the Dreaded, and this is what he seeks now that he has awakened from his slumber.
Despite the size of his army and his immense power, Balagorn the Doombringer was defeated. Him and his were sent scouring back to the wild north-beyond-the-north from whence they came. The victory was hard won and the price was unimaginable. Kingdoms would have to be rebuilt and the humans that inhabited them would have to pull themselves up again.

This is what is looming over the continent Arurion and its Kingdoms and is the threat you will all soon have to face, though none yet know of it. The news of the Awakening is yet to reach you, noble Kings and Queens, but fear not; you will know in due time."

KaitlinKetchum
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eionne on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:24 pm

This looks really awesome ^_^! Would it be okay if I reserved the Princess of Unirac?

Eionne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavende on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:30 am

I was wondering if I could be the lady-in-waiting for Princess Of Unirac (or to someone else), but still be an Assassin?

Lavende
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iCakez on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:31 pm

That might be interesting. Go ahead! :-]

iCakez
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!