Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What ever happened to Shaman King?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

What ever happened to Shaman King?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZombieGil on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Well, it has come to my attention that I haven't seen many Shaman King rps... Personally I love Shaman King, it has a great story, definitely something to base an RP off of. (In my belief) Anyways, I was just posting this to see if I could gather a solid group of roleplayers to, well, collaborate on an idea and get it going. I'm actually quite surprised that nobody has done this yet, being such a good manga.
So yea, please reply here letting me know if you're interest in a Shaman King rp! I haven't honestly thought of anything as of details, just that I believe it'd make a cool role play... So yea, throw some ideas out at me while you're at it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZombieGil
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: What ever happened to Shaman King?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Well I only watched the anima (I only started reading the manga for Naruto because I was tired of the fillers)

It could work and I am interested in such an idea because Shamen king was both interesting, enlightening and didn't suffer from the OP syndrome stories such as Naruto, Bleach and others suffer from… mostly.

I would recommend however that such an RP be made unrelated to characters in the actual story or at least indirectly so and that a darker environment then the original story could refresh the idea. (I generally mean by dark a more violent, unpredictable and treacherous reality then the one which was presented in the original story)

Overall I approve of such an idea and would join if I found its style appealing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZombieGil on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Great! ^^ Although I read the manga as opposed to watching the Anime, but that doesn't matter much. (at least I hope it doesn't) Returning to the point; I definitely agree, it'd have to be it's own story, with preferably no basis on the original. My idea was something like the next Shaman Fight for the Shaman King or just something along the lines of the 5 Elemental Spirits have been stolen and are causing mayhem around the world or such. I'm still open for suggestions, elaborations, and possible ideas/interests. Thanks for the reply Colonel_Masters, I hope to be contacting you soon.

~ Still looking for more people who are interested. ^^

ZombieGil
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Well it depends on what kind of world would the role play take place; Shamen king unlike other stories dosn't really detail its world so much.

I would personally like to go with a world which is more apocaliptic or at least one that offers us greater freedom. In Shamen king the world was basicly our own only some people had spiritual power. How about a setting in which the Shamens have greater influence and that their exsistance is known and accepted as a part of reality? My main point is that i would like there to be a few defrences from the show... talking of which i really should watch it again lol i can't remmber alot from it anymore.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 pm

I support a shaman king roleplay, I had one myself. See here.
roleplay/shaman-king-international-academy/
I'm a dreamcatcher but only nightmares I caught.

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZombieGil on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm

No, I got that much from you. :) I was contemplating that and I do agree, it'd definitely offer greater potential for freedom. I would probably place it in a world that's somewhat apocalyptic, but not to the point where no humans exist. I was actually considering generating an "Earth" where Shamans and humans lived 'relatively' together and knew of each others' existence fairly well. Just a note: Of course it would be significantly different form the show, otherwise it'd get too boring too fast, I realized that the hard way on a past role play with a friend. I'll throw in some fun stuff to add to the mix, I just need a group of people who are interested! :D

Please respond people of RPG - I need many role players to satisfy my HUNGER FOR FRIENDS!

ZombieGil
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!