Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What made you get into Roleplaying!?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What made you get into Roleplaying!?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mega Man on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:31 am

What made you start roleplaying?

A question that has stalked the roleplayers since the dawn of time; well at least since the creation of DnD all those years ago.

So, let me ask you again: What made you start roleplaying???

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mega Man
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: What made you get into Roleplaying!?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 am

Wow, I am surprised the whole site didn't jump on this thread.

I was a member of the original site that this site was spawned from. I started RPing on it 9 years ago. (I RPed a little on another site before GWC, but don't even remember the name of it!)

I guess you could say I just kind of fell into RPing. At first, I was just trying to live a life away from real life during the awkward time that makes up the Tween age. Rping just kind of formed around me at GWC so it only made sense for me to get involved. I didn't RP too much back then, but enough to call myself an RPer and to say now I've been doing it for years. I was a little too into it back then, mixing it with real life, but I got better nonetheless.

Once I realized that RPing was only that, I focused more on my skills and improving instead of just the interacting. Just as I started to get really good, I vanished for 3 years because of college. I got involved in the site heavily last August 2007, and am proud to say I feel like I'm better than ever. :)

I can't wait to see what other people say! There were so much going on in GWC, I can't only imagine other people's reasoning for getting involved in RPing.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:21 am

With little realization, video games.

Starting with the NES and Atari... That led to playing Magic The Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons.. Then Video games led me to the internet.. Then that led me to online chats... And the discovery of Chat based RPing... Then forum based... Long long history, all leading to where I am now.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:10 am

Funny story about how I got into roleplaying.

It began when I picked up playing Yu-Gi-Oh! (The Card Game) six or so years ago now. Eventually I came across the existence of an online version of the game that was played over some particular client, that name of which escapes me at the moment. To find other players on this client, I came across a chatroom on an IRC server: MediaDriven. Originally I connected through the java applet on some random website until I was introduced later to mIRC. From there, in aforementioned chat room, a few other players started just doing some simple IRC action commands. No big deal, right? I joined in and eventually we thought it fun to 'fight' one another through these actions - no, literally. Place a few young kids in a chat room, throw in some imagination, and they'll just start speed fighting naturally. No outside influence necessary.

From there, an operator directed us to another room on that server, a room just made for roleplay fighting. I quickly dove into that world (Didn't even know online roleplaying existed at the time, mind you, and the word didn't even exist in my vocabulary for the next year after that) of online text-based roleplay fighting. That's all we did. We came up with little fun storylines and stuff to justify the fighting, but it was pretty much just mostly fighting.

That was from the summer of 2002-summer of 2003. Then I started high school and left IRC and the online world in general until April 2006. In May 2006, I met Alucroas on SurrealChat, an IRC server where most of my old MediaDriven friends had landed. Through Alucroas, I discovered AnimeGlobe, and through AnimeGlobe I met a user by the name of Artanis Rain, a.k.a. our own Zhelir. Zhelir directed me to gwing.net, the site he was representing there. GWing was, quite literally, my first exposure ever to forum-based roleplaying. I looked through the threads and quickly discovered that this was something I should've been doing forever ago.

Soon after, I created Sanctimonia on SurrealChat, a roleplayer's heaven. 24/7 chat roleplaying, all high-quality, beautiful writing. It was our paradise, a secret channel that we kept hidden away and only allowed the very best to enter. Still, however, I hadn't ventured into forum-based roleplaying. That wasn't until I lost internet in July of '06 and didn't come back until September. During my time away, I wrote Ghalerion, more or less. Every part of it was created in that off-time. I came back and launched it as my very first forum roleplay and it soon became a hit success in its earlier days. Eventually Eric was gracious enough to give it its own subforum here and it grew and grew. Next thing I knew, I was already deep into roleplaying and hadn't even realized.

What's funny is that still neither I nor any of my old friends from back in the day called it roleplaying until the last months of 2006. XD It always was 'fighting' to us. Fighting with stories. Lol. How far I have come.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Indeed you have come far, Kou! I'm certainly glad you found your way here. :)

I forgot to mention that of course, Gundam Wing is what pushed me to GWC (GWC=GundamWing.com Chat). The site I mentioned before (the one I can't remember the name of) was Sailor Moon related. I started researching it online after I fell in love with it on Cartoon Network and found a site with a chat that I got involved in. When Gundam Wing came on Cartoon Network, I became obsessed and found GWC just after it started. The rest is history.

Yay. :)

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:55 pm

I started Roleplaying in '98, despite being on scene in '97. Before I ventured to the GW.com Chatroom, I was on another chatroom and forum, known as the Kondyrn Galactic War, which humans were on the verge of extinction, earth ravaged, yadda yadda, something you get a lot in movies . Fun RP that lasted 2 years before the Owner experienced financial trouble and the hosting service it was on went tits up and pushed daisies.

I moved onto GW.com for a change in atmosphere, something more lighthearted than where I had come from, and I did indeed find that. And a few extra things. I felt out of place for awhile, but found my niche there. Aside from pissing people off, I ended up becoming a symbol of hope for RP Characters, then things hit the fact. One simple action - infiltrating one of the RP factions - split that faction into four separate entities. Kinda fun. I never realized the way I portrayed myself had that kind of effect. But it did spice everything up, which is always fun. Eventually that chat went down and moved onto the MSN Chat network for a time, before that was made to be paid for and from what I could tell, taken offline, I explored other area's, including a GlobalWorks (or something) chat network, which I found some very... odd roleplays I tried to enjoy, which failed miserably.

About 4 years ago, I left the serious roleplay scene and have just stayed into the once-in-a-while roleplaying until now. Effectively giving me a 10-year time roleplaying. Because of the less-than-serious roleplays over the last four years, I haven't ventured into the serious roleplaying. I have been wanting to get back into the serious-element of Roleplaying, but I have not found anything that gives me serious interest.
AceDarkfire's deviantArt page
Former RPGateway Admin

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sittingboob on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:37 pm

hmm i have to say the gaming world i guess it realy started when i got drawn into a terrible ordeal on grand theft auto multiplayer san andreas where i was kidnapped by a police officer and some people tryed rescuing me in a bus XD ah fun times, fun times. i stumbled upon this website when i was looking for the locations to the power of the people vending machines for bioshock. and i saw somet like "history of bioshock RP" or somet liek that so i clicked and i was hooked next it will be performing arts gcses.....oh god its already happened!!
Zdrastvooyte Meenya zavoot sittingboob Ya nee paneemayoo engleeskee :D

Xbox Live Gamertag: preacher jonson

Condoms & colouring books WANTS YOU!

sittingboob
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:42 pm

What started me roleplaying...

Well, I'm going to a writer when I'm older, or die trying. I was having major writers block, and my best friend was a roleplayer for a few years. At first, I just rolled my eyes at rping, thinking it was stupid. Then, I looked it up, on Gaia or whatever its called, and my interest got sparked. Then I began roleplaying with my best friend over msn, but then her and I never continued our roleplay, and I was suffering from even more writers block.

I was sick in April, spent the week at home, got bored, went on the computer, and saw RPG, and registered.
There ya go.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:31 pm

I logged onto a server on Half-Life using the modification called "the Opera" and I suddenly found that my constant killing of people was somehow interrupting things and that people actually had their weapons holstered and ran away instead of shooting at me. It was fascinating. So I started doing it for the laughs and ended up sticking with it at the end of the day. Weirdness.

But... what actually made me get into it? I dunno. I was bored at the time and it seemed interesting.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:34 pm

I actually was introduced to text based RPing by a friend over AIM, but my love for RPing stemmed from FFVII, epic game, once I got into text based RPs I tried to start a few on dA (only forum I knew at the time) and someone redirected me here and bang, my love for roleplaying flourished.

The End.

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby White_Fang on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 am

Is having a boring life a reasonable excuse?

White_Fang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black_Dragon on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:35 pm

My friend, and now current boyfriend, got me into it. He knew I loved writing, and that I enjoyed creating characters to act out with in stories, so he started an RP on a site we were currently on together. It was called 'Shadow of the Tavern', and it was almost 3 years ago. I even remember the characters, Kreeli was mine, a half elf/half demon, and his, Agiri, a dragon/human hybrid possessed by a demon. We never finished the RP, since the site's creator deleted it, but I really learned about and began to enjoy RPing.

Today, he and I actually mail a notebook between each other, since we both live very far away from each other.
Image Image Image Image Image
------------------------------------------------
RPs I am in:
When Darkness Falls v.2.0 - Running, Please Join!

Black_Dragon
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fluffy on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Video games got me into roleplaying. I'm just trying to remember if it was Chrono Cross or Breath of Fire that first sparked my interest. I believe it was Chrono Cross, and BoF just reinforced it. At this point I had only heard of RPGs, but never played them myself XD Thus the roleplaying beast in me was born.

When I saw people roleplaying in chats, I was elated. I was like, "Hey, I can do what I do in videogames, except with any characters I want at my whim! AWESOME!" XD And then I encountered forum roleplaying and instantly saw the differences and benefits of both. Chat RPs are what I'm used to, and I've touched a little on forum RPs.

Somewhere in between I also encountered Dungeons and Dragons (4.0 sucks, 3.5 rules >.>). It's just I've never really been in a good group. And by good, I mean committed. DnD takes a lot of time and energy, and you have to really commit to get what you want out of it.

At any rate, to this day I love RPGs, and I'm all for trying a couple games. I usually choose the old and kinda off-beat ones. My favorite series thus far is Golden Sun for the GBA :3 I'd love to see it revamped, at the very least, for the DS.
>.> I am a Transfan and an artist. Be warned. <.<

View my gallery here!

Fluffy
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:13 am

Wow... the keep writing really IS annoying. Anyways...

I was flipping through the channels and stumbled across Sailormoon on Toonami. I was curious and went online and googled it. After reading different sites, I found a sailormoon website that had a chat room. I signed up with the name "Faithy", which was actually a typo of Faith Yuy, and began rping. I remained there for a few years and when the chance to use IRC occurred, I switched over. I remained there until a man walked into the room and challenged the fighters. I decided to fight him because at the time, I was the best fighter [XD]. Anyways, I fought him using a gundam, which I had never done before and naturally lost. He told me of another website [AnimeMetro] and indicated that if I went there, I could be taught to really fight well and all that jazz. So, I shimmied on over there and chilled there from 2001 on. I then shimmed here before the merger when it was still gundamwing.com[net?] and I've been here since.

Dani! What if we were at the same sailormoon site?! That would be hilarious. XD
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DGwar on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:52 am

I was introduced to text based roleplaying through GaiaOnline about two or three years ago. I was wandering around the site, looking for a guild to join, and found two very interesting ones. Brotherhood of Steel, and Knights of the Sword. The BoS was organized, had cool people, and they RPed. Whatever that was. The KotS was a fantasy based RP set in a fictional land, and it had an interesting storyline. So I gave both a shot. After awhile, I decided to try my own hand at making an RP and created one called Crimson Exile Legion. It was originally meant to be a RP style hang out for people in a game I used to play. It grew into an RP and eventually crash landed when I lost my ability to post for awhile due to my computer deciding it was time to kill itself. When I got back, everyone was gone, and the CEL was dead. It really was a crushing blow to me. So I bid farewell to the BoS and KotS and put all my efforts into my new RP of the time, Exiled Nation. It was an RP based in a fictional land I was slowly making up in my mind. (I semi-regret making the RP because it killed that place.) It was decently popular, I just couldn't seem to keep people interested. Eventually it flopped as well. I decided to try one more time, turning it into a multi-RP guild. It gained some popularity, nothing too big, but we just didn't have the customization abilities that we were trying to utilize and it was starting to become a big drain on out gaia gold. We moved Roleplayer's Nation offsite to its present location and I am now attempting to reestablish it. I created a new RP recently, named Brokenworld. It is a vampire, lycan, and hunter style RP that I was working on. I'm hoping it takes off, although the move off of Gaia may have killed us.

There you go, that is my entire RPing history so far. Hope you got some insight into what made me into the RPer I am today.
-Characters-
------------------------------
Now Recruiting Staff!

DGwar
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athias on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Well, it started with Neopets. This was when I was younger mind you, and a long, LONG time before the buyout or whatnot. Anyways, when I was looking through the forums, I found the RP forum, read some of the posts, and was really interested by it. So for a year or two, while I still visited Neopets, I would constantly join RPs. Thats what got me into RPs, but not the actually good ones.

When I got older, I found a forum called 'The Fallout Shelter', or TFS. The forum is still around today, but it's only a ghost of it's former self. The roleplayers there were actually good, and I fell in love with it instantly. However, about half a year ago or so, I began to notice that the forum was really beginning to decline, there was only one active RP at any given time, and it could take weeks for someone to update on a battle thread. So, I searched for a good RP forum for a while, but after looking for a while, couldn't find anything remotely active, and gave up on it.

However, a week or two ago, I decided to try a google search for just the heck of it, and here I am.

(I know this forum was only about how I got into RPing, not found this forum, but still, I thought it was a worthwhile story.)
"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe." - Neil Gaiman

Athias
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:56 pm

The accidental discovery of a Role Playing forum, I used to play Runescape some time ago; about... I dunno, until I think December 1st, 2007. Yep, the day I joined.

Anyway, I started roleplaying a few years ago after searching their forums; being a newly made member account. So I accidentally stumbled across the Runescape Roleplaying Forums, I read some of the role plays, and I decided to try and hop right in to one. Back then I was horrible at role playing, but the people there brought me up to an 'o-k' standard, and I stayed there for a few years. Then came the falling out, and I joined Roleplaygateway.

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:18 am

Back in 2003 when I was about 13 years old, me and my best friend were pretty much at the library looking up random games, and he showed me this chat-room on a site called baebae.com/acedigimon in which fighting was pretty much at the end of its prime, and was slowly starting to die. At the time, I didn't even know that he had been fighting for four years.

It wasn't something I found to be amazing or anything of the sort, but I just watched users such as Seko-Strife, Aestroth` Kiyotatsu, and a few others duke it out. Naturally I started fighting out of pure instinct, and my drive to get better had pretty much overtaken me. Getting shunned away by the elitists over there was most definitely something that ticked me off, which only served to boost my motivation for fighting and to eventually get good enough to knock 'em on their asses.

Not too long after, about... six months?. I made my way to irc.animelab.com through one of the java applets, and discovered hybrid, a mixture of speed and detail all combined into about a three-liner paragraph in which users have to outpace their opponents while writing as beautifully as they could. It can easily be compared to the style of fighting that Circ explained in RPGateway's most recent podcast. While I was on the rise over at AnimeLab, I got a pretty nasty reputation, because that very same friend who had directed me to acedigimon was also a very good fighter there, and as we all know the vast majority of fighters have an ego, along with a reputation to uphold.

Seeing as how my friend had pretty much beaten everyone on there, I became a prime target to attack and shove around almost constantly. Sort of like attacking your enemy's closest friend, which only worked half-way according to plan. Occasionally, I'd get attacked by multiple people, and luckily my friend was there by my side every time. Those were the best and most fun fights I've ever had, just for the sole fact that it was a mixture of speed-detail and overall kicking some ass with your best friend both online and in real life. Aside from people targeting me, I also met some skilled fighters who actually weren't egotisical; Angel_Leo, BlackShinobi who taught me "rules" about healing, connecting, and how to better fix my grammar, along teaching me basic Turn-Based combat.

In 2006, my moronic friend happened to get himself banned from AnimeLab, knocking off all users from who used the same ISP within the city, and I wanted to slap the hell out of him for it, for ruining my fun. However, if not for his stupid mistake, I would've never ended up on irc.Surrealchat.net where I first met Matthias who had been going under the nick Dominic at the time. Me and him became friends from the get-go and fought each other pretty often for a few weeks. Not too long after that, I stumbled into #Isamahii_Garden where a man by the name of Sohjin-Kasake was attempting to revive the broken clan. He got me good at speed-fighting over the course of a month, along with Kouketsu who had made his return.

I got along with Kouketsu the most, because he didn't have the attitude of a fighter, but more or less like....well. He was a fucking hippy without the stupidity, and the cocaine, and blah blah blah. I had some pretty in-depth discussions with him, along with showing him another site called AnimeGlobe.com; a site that I visited back and forth along with AnimeLab. Along with Kouketsu, I had also met Lantis, Trowa^Barton, Daisetsu, Kurotsume-Kiyoraka, Jay, Duo-Maxwell and various others whom I all learned a lot from.

After speaking with Kouketsu about reaching out and expanding, I directed him to AnimeGlobe in search of more fighters, and role players, coupled with many freeform RP within the Isamahii Garden - itself. There, Kouketsu discovered Zhelir who brought Remaeus and everyone else onto SurrealChat.net. Can't say the users of SurrealChat liked 'em very well; massive amounts of tension on the Surreal-side that lead to a direct chat-based assault on Wing City, a city designed specifically for the chat-based RP that eventually expanded much further beyond the scope of what we had expected.

Anyway, since my ass doesn't feel like typing up more shit, I'm just going to end this with a simple, Sanctimonia started, Ghalerion started, stuck with GWing.net which eventually became RPGateway, and now here I am, after butting heads with Zhelir A LOT, made friends out of former enemies, and even managed to turn one particular user towards the light, that man being Arrogance.

Okay.. maybe that wasn't a simple exit. Fuck you all.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candy on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Neopets.

Yes, I know, I'm a dork. I saw the roleplay board, lurked a few threads, got the gist of it, and started roleplaying, just like that. At the time, I was a little twelve year old fangirl, and Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the ring had just come out in theatres...thus, I started playing Elves, for the most part - usually named Alex. There was an abundance of Alexes on the Neopets boards at the time, too. We even had a thread where every character had the same name...that was pretty funny.

Eventually I found a really great roleplayer on there, and followed a link in her profile to the Avidgamers site she ran. It was absolutely amazing, and probably the first non-LotR-based roleplay I took part in. Eventually I wandered to the other AG sites, but almost none of them were as good as hers.

After that, I tried starting my own site a few times, and failed quite often before I finally got one running relatively successfully. By this time, I was also playing MMORPG's, but not roleplaying on those a lot. Most of my members had been recruited from the one I was playing, and I had to learn how to deal with godmodders and mary-sue/gary-stu characters. Anyway, I tried my hand at being the GM, and it was fun, but a lot of work...I probably won't do too much GM'ing again unless I find myself with a lot of time when I go back to school (which will likely end up being in January; I missed the fall application deadline).

I've learned a lot over my six years of roleplaying online...hopefully it'll help when I inevitably give DnD a shot. :P

Candy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lazarus Lab Rat on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:28 am

When I was about 13 I bought a book about programming adventure games on computers. (In those long ago days, computer = Commodore64) The game programmes didn't work, but the book did refer to Dungeons and Dragons as the origin of computer adventure games. After a while I found a book that explained dungeons and dragons, bought Dragon magazine and eventually started playing.

Lazarus Lab Rat
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!