Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wicked Modern World [IC]

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Wicked Modern World [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Early evening, the sun has set and yet the city, although small, is bustling. Downtown, which was a mixture of historic buildings and newly developed ones, was as always filled with young faces and local older ones. Most popular places seemed to be the bar with it's own dance floor, as well as the RoseRed Restaurant, two completely opposite buildings. RoseRed was sophisticated with complementary valet, while the bar appeared to be much more wild, untamed and loud. Streets and allies were crowded, the park never closed early either. There was always plenty to do.

Adele never really had true friend, it always seemed she had acquaintances but no friends that could defend her when she was picked on, which was rather often. She is a beautiful girl but since in this town everyone knows each other, she's got no hopes for romance or friends. She carried a folder fat with papers, apparently just finished work, wearing high heels, a white blouse and a pencil skirt reaching down to her knees. Her figure was lovely but never athletic.

The girl moved through the crowd slowly, her heels clicking in her wake. When she halted to cross the street, someone bumped into her shoulder, knocking all the papers out of her arms and scattering everything across the sidewalk and some on the street. Luckily it wasn't raining that day, all her work would have been for nothing. Adele cursed beneath her breath, kneeling down to begin gathering the documents.
Imagine That! - AdiiLove - SilentButterflies - fangbanger <--- Romantic Lampreys <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Wicked Modern World [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Langston was walking across the street, holding his guitar case in his left hand, when he noticed a woman struggling to gather papers. His brown eyes widened slightly as he contemplated whether or not to help her. He was exhausted, just finished a gig at a local venue downtown. But this woman looked helpless. His eyes traveled to the high heels she wore and he sighed, jogging over to help her.

"Excuse me, miss?" Langston knelt down next to her. "Do you need any help?"

His brown eyes suddenly flashed with kindness and in his mind he groaned. Why did he have to be so nice? She could've easily got the papers up himself. But no, he was a gentlemen. And gentlemen helped out women.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Adele's head lifted abruptly, blue eyes shooting glares at the man trying to help her. Her hands moved swiftly to carelessly gather those papers, snatching some from his hands as well.

"I'm perfectly fine." She snapped at him, but soon her expression softened and she shot him an apologetic glance. "It's just that the people here are cruel and arrogant and need to look where they are going." Her voice got louder and louder with the end of the sentence, clearly aggravated. She pressed the documents to her chest, struggling to slide them back in the folder, after grabbing the last of the papers, she stood, fidgeting with the folder.

"Thank you..." She murmurs, her gaze staying onto the papers, avoiding eye contact with the man.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:25 pm

"You know what? I think it's perfect." Jesse said as he turned, standing in the middle of the main living room. The walls were rich red and the wooden floor painted black, and furnished to match. In fact the whole house was decorated in a way that said that the residents had rich taste.

"So was the last house." Dante commented as he came into the room carrying a box of books. "And the house before that." He set the box on the coffee table, "Jesse do you really need all of these books?" he asked, picking out a child's book titled 'wind in the willows' he held it up for his brother to see. "Honestly?"

Jesse moved forward and snatched the book from his hands, "I like this book." he pouted, holding it to his chest in a protective way. "I've read it many times."

Dante rolled his eyes and picked out a few more books, spreading them across the table, "The holy bible?" He raised an eyebrow. "How many times have you read this one?" he threw it onto the table amongst the rest of the clutter, "Maybe we should have a clear out."

Jesse picked up the bible and held it tightly "Its a memory bible."

"Oh yeah?"

"The first priest we killed?"

Dante grinned and took the bible from his brother, he peered at it for a moment then a smile spread across his face. "He was quite a good looking priest." he nodded as the memory flashed through him. He let the bible fall back onto the table and took a deep breath. He glanced around the room his brother had dubbed perfect and smiled a little, yes this place would be the perfect home for the next few weeks. This room in particular had a beautiful view of the lake that their house was beside.
"So Jesse what do you want to do tonight?" he asked, forgetting his small tiff about the clutter.
Image"A story is the most precious thing you can give someone ~ Why not write one with me?" - Waste.

Waste.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Langston was almost taken aback. Why was she being so mean? He was only trying to help her. He stood up to his full height, which was a proud 5'10. He tightened his grip on his guitar case and stared at her for a moment.

"Um, alright. You're welcome."

He turned to leave, then he turned back to her. "Um, you sure you're okay?"

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Adele did look rather helpless with the papers in her arms and her hair messy and fallen out of her bun. She lifted her head to glance at his back when he turned around, and she was about to turn and walk down the street when he turned around to ask again, she halted, thought for a moment and smiled quite charmingly.

"If it's not too much, could you walk me home? I mean, if it's not too much, I'm uh... kind of scared of the dark..." Here she goes with her neurotic antics.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Langston chuckled and nodded his head. "My best friend's afraid of the dark. And no, it's not too much." He grinned at her, his perfectly white teeth peeking through his lips.

Then he cleared his throat. He had to be professional. "I'm Langston...uh, you might've heard of me. I'm a musician."

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Adele walked by his side, shoulders slightly lifted in an uncomfortable posture. The crowd was clearing slightly, seeing less and less since it was beginning to grow rather late.

"I'm Adele..." She murmurs, "I haven't heard of you I'm afraid." She admits, eyeing the large mansion on the hill, overlooking the downtown. She glanced at Langston, "Did you hear that two young brothers moved into that building? It's rather unlikely people so young could have so much money... Don't you think so?"

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:55 pm

"I wish I had that kind of money," Langtson muttered as he walked beside her. But yes, it was odd that people that young could afford someplace that expensive. It kind of angered him. He wanted to live like that too.

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm

"Nothing?" Dante asked, sounding a little shocked at his brothers response. "Seriously?" his eyebrows were raised but his head was down as he put the books back into the box.

"I'm tired." Jesse shrugged from the sofa where he was curled up,watching his brother packing the books. "You know I think we should get a library." he suggested, his mind flicking through the rooms they currently had. "It would be nice, you know? Rows of books, roaring fire, those cool sliding ladders..." he trailed off when he saw Dante's look.

"You want to put a roaring fire with books?"

Jesse cocked his head as he thought about it, "You know what, you make a good point." he said quietly.

"So you really want to do nothing?" Dante asked, looking up as he finished packing the box, "We just moved in, you don't want to hunt? Or cause a bit of chaos?"

"I honestly just want a quite night in."

Dante came to sit on the sofa beside his brother, he leant in close "What are you planning?"

Jesse tried to look innocent, "Nothing."

Waste.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Adele's gaze flickered when she glances at Langston, then back towards the mansion. She continued to hold her papers tightly pressed against her chest. "We could... visit them and welcome them to town..." She then glanced at her watch, "Think they might be sleeping?" It seemed rather strange that such ballsy words came out of the shy Adele, perhaps she felt much more brave with Langston around, who knows.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Langston looked at Adele with a gentle smile and shifted his guitar to his other hand. With all the carrying he did, he was surprised it was starting to weigh down on him.

"Only if you want--"

His sentence was interrupted by his cell phone beeping, and he shot Adele an apologetic smile. "I gotta take this," he said as he sat down his case and fished around in his pocket for his phone. Once he retrieved it, he flipped it open.

"Hello?"

Pause.

"Oh, hey Darlin'."

Pause.

"No, no. I'm coming home. I'm kind of hanging out with someone right now," he glanced at Adele, then looked in the other direction. "Ha, funny. No way. I know, I played it today." He cleared his throat and chuckled a bit. "Alright. Seeya in an hour or so." He closed his phone and placed it back in his pocket.

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

What A Wonderful World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pretty Pet on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Pill was closing up shop, it was late and slow enough that Barney let him lock up. Barney’s B&B was a decent setup, they had various boats for rent, with or without a guide. It also had bait of all types and sizes, from the fake fly lures to the real live worms and maggots. They were usually open at five in the morning, sometimes four, going until Barney either grew tired, or felt like business was slow enough to take off. Their posted hours simply stated guaranteed open from six to two. Anything after that was a bonus if the door swung open when they were pushed.

Now, occasionally, Barney would hold what he called a ‘Night Owl Hootenanny’. Those were a blast. They were open all night long and threw the equivalent of a neighborhood block party. There was grilling, drinking, music, dancing, and for those that were sober, boat trips across the lake at night. The clear nights were the best for those. Pill never missed a N.O.H., not once. He usually got to be one of the boat guides and there was nothing quite like being out in the middle of water with just dark sky and stars blinking down at you. Barney said they’d have another real soon. Pill thought it wouldn’t be soon enough for his tastes.

He tucked the key away into a pocket of his jeans before starting the walk along the edge of the lake. It was a good thirty-forty minute hike around the lake to his place, and he never complained. Hair drifted in and out of his face, but he kept his chin up. All the better to see the sights with, my dear. The weather was just right, too. Pill shrugged out of his heather gray tee shirt and tucked it into the waistband on his right. It was better than trying to keep it on his shoulder. He thought about running, but decided he’d just take in the sights and enjoy the peace.

Peace. Funny thing that. He never believed he’d find it. Always so angry, spitting mad, sooner punch someone than shake their hand. He did shoulder some of the blame for that time of his life, not all, but a good portion of it. Some of it went to the Werewolf that bit him and left him to fend with the new beast by himself. Maybe it couldn't be helped, but part of Pill would always resent having to figure it out on his own. The biggest problem he had to realize and overcome was how he fought against that beast. He was so torn apart inside, torn at the seams, that of course he’d rage against anything and everything. It was only by accepting the bestial nature that Pill started down the path toward inner peace.

Life was good.

Pretty Pet
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:00 pm

On the shore of the lake sat a thin, black haired girl wearing nothing but a hoodie and shorts. She sighed as she looked at her reflection. Her face was completely pale. She'd tucked her cell phone in the pocket of her hoodie. She'd just got off of the phone with her roommate, and he'd said he was going to be out late. She groaned slightly. Why did he need to be out so late? Where was he going? It couldn't possibly be more important than chilling with her.

Stop it, Analese. You sound obsessive. She touched her hand to her forehead. He was only her human casualty. And her friend. And her roommate. And it irked her that he'd want to hang out with someone other than her.

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Adele was beginning to grow aggravated, with either herself or the atmosphere, her expression hardened, a mystery as to why this girl was so strangely angered by the simple things in life while others enjoyed them. The dark angered her, the mansion, the phone, her papers. She groaned slightly, glancing at her watch, then when he was off the phone, she spoke up.

"You know, I'll be fine from here, you uh... have a nice night." She murmurs, flashing him a half-smile. Her two kittens were waiting for her at home, along with her sickly mother. But she had a feeling she'd visit the mansion in the morning anyway; although Adele seemed to be developing into a future 'crazy lady' with the fifteen cats, she was polite and well mannered enough to welcome in newcomers when her mother couldn't.

One hand jumped to her messy bun, fidgeting with it then lowered her hand to nervously glance at her watch again. What was the time telling her that she needed to look at it so often? What a strange girl.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:07 am

The brothers were heading upstairs, the house had six bedrooms all together but the brothers shared just one of them. Jesse was leading Dante to it and Dante was acting like a curious kitten, always trying to get ahead and poking and proding. His brothers light headed attitude made Jesse smile and laugh, it had been a long time since he had seen his brother so interested in anything. Usually they went out and Jesse fell behind in the hope that Dante would meet someone who made him laugh without Jesse's interference. Unlikely.

Dante didn't know what his brother had done but he had a pretty good idea. They were twins after all and able to out guess each other quite easily, which is why they tend not to play chess, all Dante had to do was put two and two together and he got blood. Dante didn't know when Jesse had had the time to do it but at some point his brother must have slipped away and managed to attain some. Fresh, most likely it was still alive. Dante smiled.

Jesse reached their bedroom and looked over his shoulder, he gave a mischievous grin and then pushed the door open, pulling Dante inside with him. "Surprise." there was silence as Dante tried to comprehend the thing on his bed, that was neither human or, he guessed, something he would be allowed to feed from.

"It's a tiger." Dante said,no emotion, all excitement gone. He looked to Jesse, "It's a tiger!?"

Jesse grinned and practically ran to the bed where he was then pounced on by a small tiger cub that let out whining growls and mews. Jesse batted the thing around and played with it for a moment then hugged it tight. He looked up at his brother who was standing with his mouth wide open. "What were you expecting brother?" Jesse asked innocently.

Waste.
Member for 16 years

My Shanty For A Plan

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pretty Pet on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 am

(( Since tasteslikemurder went on holiday, Pill didn't come across her at this time. ))

Pill made a decent time of it, his walk around the lake. Even though it grew steadily darker, he didn't seem phased by it. Night was actually the best time of the day, in his book. Unless it was the full moon, then he just got all.. moody, to put it simply. It was something though, looking out across the surface of the lake to see all these lights dancing in its reflection. Houses near the lake really had it best, there were spectacular sunrises and sunsets. You were able to watch all the activity at the lake during the day. At night, it was like a mirror to the heavens. He loved it.

A hand swept through his unkempt hair, making it even shaggier in the process. The mansion was slowly coming into view. He didn't live next to it, but his house was another ten or fifteen minutes by foot. There were lights on in the mansion and he couldn't help but wonder what it looked like on the inside. Brown eyes shifted over the elegant structure and his steps paused for a minute or two. By comparison, his house was a shanty, but he liked it. Pill couldn't really imagine living in such a large home, with more rooms than he'd know what to do with. It was probably a pain in the ass to keep clean. He snorted with a shake of his head and continued walking.

No, his 'shanty' was just fine for the likes of him. Just one person and he didn't take up a lot of space really. The main reason he invested in the particular property was the bit of land surrounding the home. It had a good bit of trees and space. Privacy. It had been slated to be all cut down, leveled for some fishing restaurant, but he managed to close the deal first. Those trees would never be cut down as long as he owned the property. The house, well, it had seen better days. It was a two bedroom, one bath deal, but it did have a killer back porch. One of those wide wooden decks with railings, perfect to enjoy the scenic outdoors with. He had a smaller front porch that had a decent view of the lake, but honestly, he could get a better view at Barney's B&B.

Just thinking of home made him want to get there a bit faster. Pill made sure his shirt was tucked in firmly into his waistband before taking off at a light jog. He gave a nod to a man in passing, shoes making a stead thump thump upon the ground. It wasn't very long into his jog that he spotted another person ahead of him. He usually didn't see anyone out and about this time of day, but it wasn't completely unusual. Pill figured he'd just do the polite thing, give a bit of a wave in passing and keep on going. Well, that was the plan anyway.

Pretty Pet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:00 pm

Adele simply left the guy standing, without even giving him a chance to say bye. She walked quickly, her heels clicking on the quiet sidewalk. Her house was past the lake, and like every night after work, she enjoyed to gaze at it for a couple of minutes. To her, her life-style always seemed surreal and easy, but whatever bothered her inside and made her the way she was, jittery and cautious, must have been during those years she had left Fayelle as a young girl. Her mother refused to speak of it, and so had she; to them, it had never happened but to everyone in town, something strange must have happened.

Her house consisted of three bedrooms, only two made livable since it was only her and her mother. The colors were faded and the paint had begun to fall away years ago, leaving blotches of yellow. Although the house didn't look that astonishing, Adele loved to call it her home, the garden surrounding the house was made from scratch and it took Adele years to perfect the colors and species of flowers, and no matter how perfect she had made the garden appear, her mother hated it... Her mother drank frequently but she wouldn't be considered as an alcoholic just yet, Adele hoped.

Adele slowed her pace, reaching up to release her long hair from the bun, it reached down to nearly past her rump, swaying as she walked. Although she always felt comfortable in this town, she never seemed to get over her fears. Her hands tightened around the folder and documents when she spotted a shirtless man running in her direction. She lowered her eyes to the sidewalk, her shoulders lifting, her whole posture screamed fear...

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Stray From The Path

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pretty Pet on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:06 pm

Pill saw the woman ahead and he couldn't miss the way she shrank into herself. Who could miss the body language there? He snorted and nearly rolled his eyes, but he did give it a moment's pause. He was running behind her, it was dark, suppose it was one of those 'mother warned me' moments as well. Still, the rakish side of him wanted to try and get a reaction out of the girl. Question remained if he would be polite and stick to the plan of just jogging by with a bit of a wave, or do something a little more devilish?

When he was about even with her, his head turned and brown eyes looked her way. Pill thought she was quite attractive, so the smile that crossed his face was genuine. Something about her face kept him from being truly wicked, but he found himself incapable of just running by without saying something. He moved a little ahead and to the side, giving the woman her personal space, but managing to stay within conversation range all the same.

"Do you like boating?" His voice was rough, a faint rumble held within the underlying tone. "Random question from a stranger, isn't it? Still, I find myself unable to just pass you by without something. It seemed a little cliche to ask if you were all right or if you needed an escort somewhere. Why, by the looks of you, you might just squeak out an answer. Are you truly a timid little thing? Attractive, but timid by your body language." He gave a vague gesture to the way she held her shoulders and the head down toward the ground. "Not every shirtless runner is out to pounce on you and take your secrets."

His smile turned absolutely wolfish then and the rumble increased by a smidgen. "Not that you aren't attractive enough to entertain thoughts of such, but I am not a beast." Well... "Unless asked." By this point he was ahead of her, walking, half-jogging backward so he could watch her reaction. Maybe he was just a little wicked. Not by much! Not as much as he could have been.

Pretty Pet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:21 pm

Adele stayed within the area of her posture, even when the man was next to her, she could feel his eyes on her. Her pace quickened and her shoulders jerked when he began speaking. For the most of his words, she stayed quiet; she believed if she ignored him he would go away. Sure, she was attractive, and she knew that well, but it didn't help her any being in such a state within this town's reputation. Her head jerked up when he began ranting about pounces and secrets and it seemed for a moment her eyes glimmered in irritation. She shot him a scowl, her mouth opening up to reveal a slightly high-pitched but pleasant voice.

"You shut your nasty mouth! You will talk to me like the lady that I am." Her chin raised slightly and she had halted into a stop, her shoulders relaxing slightly. She snapped often, so it was surprising someone from this town had the energy to begin talking to her, everyone else knew quite well what or how she spoke to others. It seemed she never wanted company, but it wasn't exactly that way... She simply feared company.

Weight shifted onto one of her legs, giving her a much more courageous stance. She didn't know if he'd continue jogging or stop, either way she wasn't that skilled at walking and talking. And she simply had to show him what was brewing inside the moment she spotted him. Well, first it was fear, now it was irritation.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!