Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Will RP for food =)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Will RP for food =)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sat May 29, 2010 11:35 am

I couldn't think of a better title. Just didn't want to be yet another 'hello' topic.

Well, I just thought I would drop a note and inform all that I have arrived.

You might want to run away now, you have been warned.

I have been writing for a few years. I thought this would help release some of my creative ideas and help me flesh out some of the characters I have put on the back burner. I hope to find a place or two for these neglected characters.
See you out there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Will RP for food =)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat May 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Welcome to our happy little – I should say large – community/family of RPG (sorry for the acronyms, Role-Play Gateway) SugarRequired! I’m happy to see another person has found their way to us and is willing to jump into the enjoyable tales and stories we have to offer. My name is Maestro and besides being a member of staff, I have the important lovable job of being a Mentor! So when it comes to any questions involved in role-play, I or any of our other staff members are defiantly the ones to ask – but we promise, our members are just as friendly and knowledgeable.

I have been role-playing for only two years and I can personally vouch for this site when it comes to having the chance to excel beyond your wildest imagination; all you need is a little patience and motivation. When I first joined I was nothing more than a novice myself; but since my stay here, I’ve become a well-respected member and active role-player – and now the words under my hand are dynamite! At least I hope they are (nothing better than gloating)! But I can assure you that as long as you believe, you will quickly join the ranks of the best role-players we have to offer. The road ahead may be difficult, but worth it, and now it’s your turn. At Role-Play Gateway we promise our members will try their best to make the path ahead of you an easily traveled one.

Keep in mind you don’t have to only rely on yourself because our members are willing to help you along the way so please don’t be discouraged to ask questions. If there is anything on your mind please feel free to check out the Role-Play Gateway Chat to ask your questions or even the Role-Play Academy where our Mentors are always willing to lend a hand. If you want to approach less interactive means, The Help Forum or The Beginner's guide to RPG Chat is there to assist. To further gain an advantage, make sure to take a look at our RPG Rules. There are only five so don't be stressed out about thinking were strict. As long as you respect us, we will return the favor.

I hope I am of some help and that you enjoy your stay here. ^.^

~ Maestro ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat May 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Proper grammar. I love it. You are my new best friend.

Now I have to ask, what types of characters do you generally play?
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sat May 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Your title = <3
That is all.

P.S: Welcome to Gateway. :D

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sat May 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks all for the greetings. I like to have proper grammar, I am still working on that so I do tend to make mistakes.

To answer your question.
I am open to what sort of characters I play. I tend to play more males than females. I feel I can deliver either gender in a believable manner. I have many wonderful characters that are waiting to burst from the confines of my mind.
I have a ruler that lingers on this side of bad in search for a tomb to give him something he seeks. (he belongs in the fantasy section).
I also have several aliens that are searching for homes to expand their horizons.
I do have a demon and a vampire that I have used before in one and one games.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat May 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Ah very neat, very neat indeed. So would you call yourself a "jack-of-all-trades" when it comes to characters, or is that pushing the rim too far? Haha. I would like to call myself that as I have played many genres and makes of characters, males and females. I tend to play more females though because well, I am an emotional writer easily. But I definitely understand what you mean by burst from the confines of your mind, I develop at least two characters a day unwillingly. Ha! What can I say, I'm insane (not clinically but some would dispute that).

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sat May 29, 2010 10:07 pm

I think "jack-of-all-trades" does work. As long as the plot is good and allows some twists I am all for it. I do like a good plot. I have seen many already on this forum, I just don't know how to conform the characters I want to use into them.

Sure it is easy to make a new one without thought. I just feel I would do better using ones I have already have most of their likes and dislikes planned out. I guess that makes me weird.

A little insanity is good for the health of the brain. At least that is my thought. hehe

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Whelp, that's it. You've got me sold. We have to roleplay sometime in the future. Let me add a word: I meant in the near future.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sun May 30, 2010 10:13 am

Awesome. I hope we do just that.

Can't think of anything else to add. I hate leaving short posts. I guess I will let this one go this time.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sun May 30, 2010 10:17 am

Well I should be around most of the day, I do hope that you don't mind chat RP as I can't really commit to a good forum RP even though I have a tab open with Vexar but that's a special case.

And don't worry about short posts, sometimes you just have to accept that. Haha.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sun May 30, 2010 10:49 am

Frankly, I might make a special case for chat. Normally, I am very firm on the 'no' when it comes to chat rp'ing. Since it takes me a while to come up with my post, I like to think and work it out. My spelling and grammar takes a nose dive when I am in chat. I get so caught up in it and all.
Also, I find I don't have enough space to write everything that I feel is important. The last time I chat "rp" I became so frustrated because I would be in the middle of the sentence and run out of room. So my partner was getting these half paragraphs. I think s/he was getting a little ticked off.
I don't know what your PM box is like. Being a Mod it is more that likely full all the time.
=(

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sun May 30, 2010 11:11 am

Well, I don't know what kind of chat RPing that you have done before, but this one allows for 1000-something characters before you run out of room which gives you quite some space before you run out. I am a patient person and I do just about the same as you, but now that I have been here for so long, it takes me about five minutes to come up with a post in chat or a double post even. If you end up chatting more often than forum, you'll notice that you become more fluid and fast when it comes to RPing in the awesome chat system.

And for clarification, I'm not a mod, but still a staff member so... don't fear the hammer from me. Haha. Those would be the green and reds running around here. But yes, the PM box does get a little heavy at times.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun May 30, 2010 11:16 am

Hi! I am only posting in this forum cause it keeps coming up - and I see a Symphony running 'round unchecked! =x

Fear Her. Fe-- Nah, I'm just jokin'.

Hi! I'm Saken! I'm a bit random, lovable, and whatnot. Want to welcome you to RPG (I am not apologizin' for the acronym)! I really do hope you check out chat, since I am in need of more people to corr-- role play with in a chat system who do not mind typing up (and reading) actual paragraph posts.

But yea! Welcome.

Also, I really love your name, it's totally cool. =3

-- I won't eat you.

Yet.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sun May 30, 2010 11:36 am

oh, I have never checked out the chat system on this place. Normally, it is on yahoo or one of those systems. They don't allow much room.

I stand corrected. Staff member. =) I wasn't sure and I didn't want to be acting like I knew what I was talking about. lol

Saken- thanks for the welcome. I guess I should check out this chat to see if I can make heads or tails of it. It sounds like something I could actually use.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun May 30, 2010 11:42 am

It is a really awesome place. It helps flush out the Character ideas, and you can always get help -or advice, from the chat dwellers in the OOC room.

-- It really is cool, although I'm sad that I can't be around very often.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sun May 30, 2010 11:58 am

You will have to give me a run down on how it works. I only see the multi universe tabby thingy. Is that where I need to go? I am rather lost in the whole concept. Sad so very sad.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sun May 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Indeed, that is the main chat where everyone generally goes. As more people make RPs in the RP tab, you may draw interest to one and then another chat will be open to you that way if you join it... but I'm sure that just went over your head.

We'll start simple.

Click on the Multiverse, then give it a read through if you have not already. When that is done slick on submit a character at the top right hand of that little text box, then fill out whatever you think is necessary for your character.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaoru_chan on Sun May 30, 2010 12:02 pm

I just wanna say this one thing...

I LOVE THE TITLE FOR THIS!!! XD

Oh, and the chat, yes. You will only see the multi-verse place, because you have not yet joined any newer version RP's yet. Then you have to make a OC to RP as if you want to go to places such as Gambit's Bar. For the reason that it is an In Character chat.

Am I right??
i haven't rp-ed on here in a while, so don't expect any of my older posts to be what i roleplay like now! just a word of warning! <:

Kaoru_chan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sun May 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Um okay that makes sense. So I will wait until I find an rp to join than.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun May 30, 2010 12:24 pm

You make a character, darlin'.

Then that character can interact with everyone elses, and such. Also, I can post to you a Rp you may want to join in, since it's full of EPICNESS-NESS. And some more nesses.

But really, just make a character (It doesn't have to be filled out more than a name, really. That way, as you Rp it, you can fill it in when you like), and then you can interact with others in the chat for funfun times. (( Ipimp. post1121209.html#p1121209 )

Saken
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!