Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Worlds Apart

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Worlds Apart

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:29 am

Worlds Apart

2012: The world learns that we are not alone in the universe. They call themselves Caretakers. The World Government is established.

2013-2014: Nanotechnology is accepted as a medical breakthrough. Military applications approved. Abundant energy is achieved due to discovery of Thorite.

2015: Flat Space Technology is discovered. President Mills is assassinated. Four countries succeed from the World Union. World War III begins. World War III ends with a blinding light. Zero destruction. Zero casualties.

2016: World War I, Ace, Albert Ball appears before the World with a warning. The Caretakers appear to help humanity prepare. Hybrid Technology is born. Project Hope begins.

2017: Data from Ball, leads to the discovery of Subspace Wormholes over The Mediterranean Sea, The Asian Sea and the Bermuda Triangle. Albert Ball is exonerated of desertion. First test subject of Project Hope fails due to spontaneous combustion.

2018: Conclave of Scientists is created. Test facility is destroyed by rogue subjects. The Ring Leader is stopped by a small child.

2019: The Caretakers leave to stop impending invasion. Albert Ball dies from accelerated aging, cause is unknown. A secret Military base is converted to a new Project facility.

2020: Alteran Invasionā€¦ Necron Virus is unleashed. History stopsā€¦

We were created to save the world.
Who are we? Thatā€™s a good question. Aside from our names and our memories your guess is as good as mine. Are we human? Perhapsā€¦ perhaps not, we look human but our abilities are far from normal (whatever that is). The six of us (Three Females and Three Males) were raised, educated and conditioned in nano-reactors. We have memories but they are of a virtual world. Our creators designed each of us to be different. Each of us is aligned with a certain element and a psychic property. We are weapons. Our purpose: to stop an alien threat. We were created to save the world. We were too late.

This RP will be mainly for six people including myself. 2 Guys and 3 Girls will make up the six. As the RP progresses there will also be temp positions for others ti fill.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Worlds Apart

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:36 am

I'd be intrested! Hell... I wanted the timeline to keep going... lol
ā™Ŗā™«ā€¢*ĀØ*ā€¢.ĀøĀøIf Music Be The Food of LoveĀøĀø.ā€¢*ĀØ*ā€¢ā™«ā™Ŗ

Don't forget to HUG a gamer!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VirtuosoMaestro on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:00 am

Very interesting idea. I loved the timeline. Like Tiix, I wanted the timeline to go on. LOL. Anyway, what do you mean by elements and psychic properties? Are the elements like, um, earth, fire, wind, metal, wood, water? I don't really understand what you mean by psychic properties though. Any examples?

I'm interested in joining. I would like to play the role of a female... but I could play male roles, so I wouldn't mind if a male character is needed right away.
I can't escape your gravity. I'm crashing into the sun.

VirtuosoMaestro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:10 am

any time you have people telling you they wanted the timeline to keep going its a good sign...which this is the thrid person telling you that.

Very interesting...Plenty of mystery, interest has been peaked. (ps: one male character at your service.)

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:44 pm

I think you have your answer. So when are you going to start this thing?
"Good and Evil" is too complicated. I prefer, "Us and Them".

"Munchkin: One who, on being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, asks to play a ninja."

Hero or Villain? Savior or Destroyer? Model Citizen or Public Enemy? Who do you Wannabe?

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:54 pm

I seem to have peaked some interests.Hope fully more will come when the OCC goes up.
----> OCC worlds-apart-occ-t13271.html

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!