Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

As of yet Unnamed Stalingrad Roleplay; Is it to be?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

As of yet Unnamed Stalingrad Roleplay; Is it to be?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adrian_S on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:56 pm

On 23 August, 1942, the German military, under command of Adolf Hitler, launched an attack on the urban center of Stalingrad. This attack was, and still is, one of the most devastating offensives ever launched on a largely non-military target. Over one million men and women died in all, with civilian casualties alone reaching into the tens of thousands.

However, we are not here to tell the story of Josef Stalin’s men of honor, nor those who fought valiantly for the corrupt cause of the Third Reich. We’re not going to weave a tale of unreal heroism or extreme resistance. This is not Pavlov’s House, nor is it Zaytsev’s hideout. This is the Barmaley fountain and the apartment blocks surrounding it. Withhold your storied tales of “one man armies” and seemingly supernatural beings. This tale is that of those whose stories go untold and whose heroism is unmatched. Those people who need to stand up and resist the urge to give up…

The civilians.

What we’re trying to accomplish here is to paint a realistic depiction of the civilian struggle during the famed Siege of Stalingrad. There will be no lone wolves, nor the one man commando squad. Carpenters, shopkeepers, and your everyday ironworker will need to work as a team to survive the urban warzone and arrive at a Soviet encampment. With German patrols executing those they find roaming the streets, these civilians must hide amongst the rubble of their hometown, the refuse on their street corners, and even the bodies of those possibly related to them.

Developed and GMed by XavierDantius32, smrtazz13 and myself, this is meant to be as we’ve told you; “a realistic depiction of the civilian struggle during the famed Siege of Stalingrad". This is not, nor will it turn into Call of Duty. This is supposed to be realistic. Not everyone will make it to the objective, guaranteed. New people will also be found, hopefully. Injuries mean your character acts accordingly. Stealth and teamwork are of the utmost importance.

Is this to be?

We came up with the idea after I happened to mention in Multiverse Chat that I wanted to do a roleplay that wasn't overdone. AzricanRepublic said something about a World War Two setting, and Stalingrad was born from Az's words. Xav, smrtazz and I gathered in a TinyChat room and threw this idea together after several hours of deliberation.

Keep in mind that it's NOT by any means completed yet, and we don't even know if it's "for sure" going to happen. Only posted this here to see if we could build any interest onto it.
I'm a sadist, a mediator, and a backseat moderator.

Get used to it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Adrian_S
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: As of yet Unnamed Stalingrad Roleplay; Is it to be?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Welcome to Stalingrad, Its going to be one hell of a ride.

Xav here, taking the role of the German forces assaulting the city.
I will provide the main opposition to the party, assuming control of small squads and vehicles. These will be able to hit and kill you. These soldiers carry a variety of weapons, and when led well, will prove to be a very dangerous opposition.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 pm

This aint Cod, you aren't going to take three rounds to the chest and heal up after taking a breather.

I'm Smrtazz, I'll be playing along side the civvies and sharing in their experinces. However Im also there to keep shit real. It's my job to oversee your actions to prevent any rambos or for you cod fans, "Reznov and Petrenko"s. We will have no weapons at the start of the story, and will have to secure supplies for our journey. keep in mind you are civillians, Watchmakers, grocery store owners, factory workers, buisnessmen etc etc. By no means will you be scoring headshots at 400 yards, well maybe if you were firing fifty rounds out of an mg42 and might score one hit by luck alone. I wouldn't advise that, machine guns tend to attract the wrong kind of attention. Anyway I am your baby sitter, dont make me push you into the line of fire.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Interested in the extreme.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sons of Anarchy1 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:21 am

Historical Fiction? Hmmmm, I'll take a spot.

Sons of Anarchy1
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!