Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

So You Think You Can Write... 2!

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

Re: So You Think You Can Write... 2!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Wow, there's some amazing stuff in here!

I can't write novellas to save my life. I can't stay focused for that long, in part because I haven't the time and in part because planning even the outline of a story presents so much future material that it is daunting and I am intimidated, so I never even try.

So, all I have to offer is a sort of other-dimensional background story for one of my characters (anyone who's visited my art thread will recognize him.) Other-dimensional can be taken several ways, here. The world and people described are based off of reality, but nothing matches perfectly with any one era. Also, my character isn't dead, so that also makes it other-dimensional as well. xD

Anywace, I found this on my back-up external drive from a background I had sort of half-written some time ago. Tonight I gave it an end and tied it more forcefully to Inquisition-esque religion. It's meant to read as a sort of folksy narrative; the sort of stories old religions use to explain the existence of certain phenomena or animals.

Treize, you hounded me to submit something, so I'll toss this in; short and strangled though it may be!

-*-*-*-*-*-

In a time when ā€œmanā€ was a term reserved for those with dozens of fur-trimmed gowns and as many hounds as one has fingers, all else fell to designations worth only their weight in tin. Peasants and commoners and slaves knew only Christ for relief, and so to live meagerly was perhaps to be closer to God. ā€œMenā€ bore the blessing of royalty and of God; for really, was there a difference? They pored over books and banks and bodies alike with eyes for only investment. Anything was worth the cost, when the prize was new land in new worlds.

In these new continents, Men found the Savage: a heathen cast further still below the feet of laborers and slaves, for at least slaves knew the loneliness and poverty of Christ. With masks of beasts and tongues of The Greatest Beastā€”for a language so strange could only come from one so foulā€”Men knew these sun-colored fools were a shame to the holy hands which fashioned their Earth. They knew it, for only the unenlightened could suffer flesh so burned, features so robust, bodies so bare, lives so murderous, and rituals so unholy.

Unwelcome, Man found paintings and mosaics depicting the most wicked of creatures. Man knew well the Dark King himself stole the forms of beasts. Surely the monster of so many coiling, boneless, tapered legs could only be the Beast himself. Surely the man-eel, with his plethora of coiling tendrils and living, twisting hair only breathed new definition to an age-old demon. In these celebrated works of art, Savages revered and danced and prospered for the fiend of the deep. Aghast, Man destroyed the visuals around them.

Worst of all this, these new seas bore with them the wrath of this evil. Ever-enduring in their supply of Men, great bows rocked as would wooden arms wrought to cradle and protect righteous infants during the voyage to their land of rebirth. Men felt the unease of the Savage Devil deep in the heart of every towering wave and each ravenous current. The sea worked to banish the vessels of Man from the shores of the new world, as though the lines of pearly white beaches repelled these honor-bound conquistadors. Torrents whirled and whirlpools devoured, and on freshly conquered beaches the stifled Savage heralded such hindrance until there were too few heathens left to know joy.

While greed and war and intolerance and zealousness raged above, so too did misery consume far below. The beast which had bred this great fear in Man was the very same which had propagated only good in the loyal Savage. He swept the silt of the ocean floor with his lashing tentacles. He battered great chasms into the sunken earth with his tremulous fists. He wailed his condemnation until the bays flooded with tears and spittle and hate. And for this grave effect, the steady flow of Menā€”escaping the wrath of the voracious oceanā€”took port even nearer to the villages which they now demolished. The monster could conjure no storm and crash no wave great enough to drive these devilish Men away.

In the coming of changing seasons, the sea churned red. Waves crested pink while birds dove low and fish darted high. The bodies of Savages filled coastal waters like a blanket of drifting, bobbing gifts to an unforgiving God. Indeed, the masses were swept slowly toward the horizon, where every morning that holy glow overtook all vision and rose slowly into a canvas of coral hues.

However, these decaying trinkets never reached that undeserving recipient. Broken and weak and devoid of the devotion which once gave him the power to reign, the eel-beast gathered his fallen children unto him. Within each he planted a part of himself, until every vessel had been sewn with his gift and there was nothing left of the ruined sea-spirit. Intuitive and gifted and beautiful, just as he, his children cast across the spanning depths of that great ocean. They grew in his image and rejected that of the Men which had destroyed them.

ā€¦Now they waste their wondrous talents and flourishing visuals opening jars and escaping restaurant aquariums.

no I didn't draw this >_> internet
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ninjakitty on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:59 am

can we post multiple stories?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ninjakitty
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Madness

Its cold. Freezing Actually. The sun, usually spreading its fierce light across the realm, has not been seen for, how long? Hours? Days? Months? Years?

Time. How does one tell time when there is no sun? There is only that feeble light on the ceiling, flickering. On and off. On and off. Do I wait years for it to turn back on when its light fades? Or is it only seconds? Do I wither away, and die when the light is out? Only to be reborn when it shines again? Who can tell me? No-one. I am alone.

Alone. Was I always alone? Did others use to watch the light fade with me?
Did they talk to me? Laugh with me? Why did they leave? Did they wither away in the darkness, like me? But forget to be reborn? What if I forget to be reborn? Will I move on? Will a find a new light to watch? Will I find the others? Will they find me? Will I sit in darkness forever? Alone? Waiting for a light that will never come? Or will I simply cease to exist? Like the others? Did the others ever exist? Do I even exist? Am I simply a dream of another? Am I doomed to die when they awake?

The Light is out again.

I can feel myself aging, dieing. I can feel my skin melt, and my bones turn to dust.

I am nothing, I am everything.

Free. My dust flies in the wind. The wind sings to me, caressing me, loving me. It shows me things Iā€™ve never seen, the others, I never knew, the sun that left me, long, long ago. I am happy. I run in fields, swim in lakes, climb mountains. I laugh with the others, I love again, I am loved again.

The light is on again.

Its cold. Freezing actually.

That was my entry from last year, that won second runner up.. Can I enter it again? XD
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Treize Khushrenada on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:25 pm

In response to ninjakitty, no. Just choose your best story and submit that one. Only one sumbission per entrant. ^^

And Lithitemir, write something new, haha.

Treize Khushrenada
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Death of a Caesar

Peter Malise was dying, and he was happy. Grimacing at the pain, he grunted out his last words, struggling to be heard by the thousands watching, thinking of the man he had killed, the man who had killed him three months earlierā€¦

ā€œā€˜Et tu, Brute? Then fall Caesar!ā€™ā€

ā€œBrilliant, Mr. Rivers. Next!ā€

Clutching his script tightly to his chest, Peter trod onto the stage, feeling his whole body begin to quiver with stage fright. Turning, he looked down at Professor Astarre, who stared back at Pete with an expression that clearly showed his misgivings. ā€œWhenever youā€™re ready, Mr. Malise,ā€ he grumbled in the overly loud and enunciated tone that Pete had come to expect people to use when they heard his accent.

ā€œWhich act would you like me to read from, sir? I know them all equally well.ā€

ā€œDo you now,ā€ said Astarre, his eyebrows rising, ā€œwell, nobody likes a braggart, Mr. Malise. You may choose.ā€

ā€œYes, sir.ā€ Taking a deep breath to steel his nerves, Peter began to speak. He had idolized Julius Caesar for years. Every chance he got, he would read about the great man, about his military campaigns, his brilliant political career, and how, at the height of his influence and power, he had been brought low by reckless, narrow-minded fools. Here was his chance. Peter would be able to demonstrate the sheer power and presence of the great man, to exonerate him of his sins. All he needed to do was to impress Professor Astarre enough that he gave Peter the part of Caesar in the university production of Julius Caesar. Peter stepped forward, carefully setting down his script where he would not step on it. He closed his eyes and began to speak, to orate, to perform. He had closed his eyes as Peter Malise, but he opened them as Gaius Julius Caesar, general, consul, and dictator.

ā€œCowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.ā€ Peter lifted his head, feeling the words flow out of his mouth, delighting in the ability to become his idol. ā€œOf all the wonders that I have yet heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.ā€

ā€œAlright, thatā€™s enough, Mr. Malise. You may leave.ā€

ā€œThen ā€“ then I have the part?ā€ Peter felt his chest swell with pride, only to shrink at Astarreā€™s next words.

ā€œNo, I still have to decide who will be cast. I shall post the list on Monday, three days from now. You may go.ā€ A bored looking Astarre placed his notes in his briefcase, closing the latches with final-sounding clicks! ā€œI trust you can wait until then, Mr. Malise?ā€

Dejected, Peter nodded. ā€œYes, sir. I did a good job, though, did I not, sir?ā€

ā€œIā€™m not allowed to say. Look, Peter,ā€ said Astarre, taking pity on the awkward young man, ā€œwhy donā€™t you go home and get some rest? Itā€™s been a long night for all of us, and the list for assigning parts will be up soon enough. Besides, if you want to be in the play that badly, you can always be an extra, or a member of the stage crew. Come on, letā€™s get you home.ā€

That night, Peter tossed and turned in his bed. His mind filled with images of Caesar, picturing the great man falling to the ground, his body destroyed by Brutus, Caesarā€™s closest friend. ā€œNO!ā€ Peter sat bolt upright in bed, screaming for his idol, his ancestor. ā€œI must get this part,ā€ he muttered, staring at his collection of Roman artifacts, including coins, mosaics, and, his prize, an authentic knife that he had cleaned and sharpened until it was as good as new. He had found it in a flea market, being sold by some fool who had no clue of the value of the item. After he spent over two weeks cleaning and repairing the knife, he hung it on his wall, as a reminder that no one can be trusted, least of all a friend.

The rest of the weekend passed slowly, seeming to Peter to take an entire lifetime. Come Monday, he rushed directly to Professor Astarreā€™s office. Staring at the list, he scanned his eyes over the names, searching for his. Peter stopped and blinked. How could his name not be on the sheet? He read it again. There ā€“ ā€˜Julius Caesar ā€“ Chad Rivers.ā€™

Rivers. Peter felt the rage flood through his body, along with a strange sense of irony. Here he was, being denied his destiny, just as Caesar had been denied his. True, this was not the end of Peterā€™s life, but it might as well have been. A 4.0 history major, he deserved this role! He would have no other chance to play Caesar, no other chance to live Caesarā€™s life. This was his right. He was the only one who could possibly play the part!

ā€œAh, Mr Malise,ā€ said Professor Astarre, coming out of his office. ā€œI apologize for not casting you, but Mr. Rivers was better suited to the part. Look, to make it up to you, I will allow you to be in charge of props. Iā€™m sure that you can help us to remain historically accurate. This looks to be one of our best years ever!ā€

Peter stared incredulously at the professorā€™s retreating back, shocked at the manā€™s audacity. I will play Caesar, he thought, it is what I was born for. He began to think, to plan, to plot, as Caesar would have. All I have to do is find a way around this, a way to attain my fate.

Peterā€™s mind went spiraling back, thinking of the time when he realized that he was destined for greatness, of the time when he was betrayed for the first time by Rivers.

It was the last day of the marking period, and Peter had spent the entire night before working on his entry for the school history contest, a beautiful and extremely detailed model of the Coliseum, shown as it appeared during one of the mock naval battles that were held there during the height of Caesarā€™s power. It had taken him weeks, but the end result was worth it. The spectators seemed to be ready to leap out of their seats, cheering for the deaths of their slaves. Peter smiled as he looked upon his creation, reveling in the order and detail of his world, the blood and chaos that it portrayed.

ā€œHey, Pete! Sweet model, man!ā€

ā€œGase, it is, is it not? Thank you, Chad, my friend.ā€

ā€œYeah, sure. Whoops! Thatā€™s the bell. Hey, can I carry that for you?ā€

Peter stopped and considered. Because his model was sure to be the best in the class, he was loath to allow it out of his hands, but he trusted Chad. Chad was the only one who had ever been nice to him, the only one to look past his accent and clothes. ā€œAiun. You may carry it. But be careful, my friend.ā€

ā€œDonā€™t worry, I got it. I think you might beat even me with this masterpiece, Pete! This would have been my third year running if I won, but youā€¦ Cripes!ā€

Peterā€™s head jerked around to see his masterpiece heading towards the ground, Chad desperately trying to catch it. He watched his dream crumble, the carnage that had been depicted in plastic and balsa wood now real, with limbs strewn across the sidewalk and bodies littering the grass. ā€œIā€™m ā€“ Iā€™m sorry, Pete,ā€ Chad stammered, trying to sooth his friendā€™s crushed feelings. ā€œI donā€™t know what happenedā€¦ it just slipped!ā€

Peter knew the truth, however. Chad had sabotaged his entry, assuring his position in first place. He turned and walked away from his friend, his destroyer, his Brutus.

Opening night. The night that the usurper would die, the night that Peter would regain his life. As he was in charge of props, Peter had been able to switch one of the prop daggers (whose blades retracted into the handles) for the Roman dagger from his collection. Tonight Caesar would dieā€¦

Peter had tried all throughout the rehearsal process to convince Professor Astarre to let him play the part of Caesar, but to no avail. He had even arranged for several ā€œaccidentsā€ to befall Rivers, but the traitor had the most damnable luck. Tonight, however, would be different. Tonight would see an end to the blasphemy that Riversā€™ very existence caused, simply by denying Peter his destiny.

The first two acts of the play went brilliantly, and even Peter had to admit that Riversā€™ performance was going well. Still, he would have to die, if only because he had tried to fight fate.

Now. The third act. Peter collected the knives to pass out, only to be accosted by Professor Astarre. ā€œPeter! Iā€™m glad I found you,ā€ he gasped. ā€œChad just tripped and broke his leg coming down the stairs. Do you still know all the lines?ā€

Peterā€™s heart leapt. Could this be true? Could the gods finally have provided? ā€œOf course, sir. Let me just deal with these props, and Iā€™llā€”ā€œ

ā€œNo time for that! Go see Katie over at costumes; sheā€™ll get you fitted up. Iā€™ll pass out the knives. Go! Move!ā€
Peterā€™s mind was whirling as he was pushed in the direction of costumes and makeup. It was true! He would play Caesar! His vision tunneled, and suddenly he found himself out on stage, speaking with the voice of Caesar.

ā€œCowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have yet heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.ā€

Peter delighted in the rapt attention of the audience, their yearning need for him, their gaping hunger for his voice buffeting him, leading him to new heights. Time accelerated, pulling Caesar to his inexorable demise, and Peter moved with Caesar, meshing his personality with the great dictator, feeling his self-awareness slip away, allowing himself to die. Caesar was surrounded now, and he spoke: ā€œI could be well moved, if I were as you; if I could pray to move, prayers would move me. But I am as constant as the northern star, of whose true-fixed and resting quality there is no fellow in the firmament.ā€

Turning this way and that, Caesar noticed the glimmer of metal in the hands of his assassins. He felt the sharp kiss of a blade, and fell to his knees. Looking up, he stared at the grim faces of his friends, of his enemies, of his killers. Wrestling against the pain, Caesar fought out his last words, and Peter struggled to change them, to say what he needed, to accuse his murdererā€¦

ā€œEtā€¦ Tu, Rivers?ā€ Caesar and Peter gasped, battling the beauty of death. ā€œThen fall, Peter!ā€ Caesar collapsed to the stage, his revenge complete, his rival destroyed. Across the ages, Brutus noticed Gaius Julius Caesar smile cruelly and he shivered, fearing for his life. And in the Tiresias Theatre, Peter Malise smiled, his goals achieved.

((Like it? Love it? Hate it and wish it relegated to the fiery depths of hell? Clink the link below and leave a review!))
Last edited by TwinDeath on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Kƶnnt ihr mich hƶren?
Kƶnnt ihr mich sehen?
Kƶnnt ihr mich fĆ¼hlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belliss on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:09 am

Hmm I am new to the community and I think this shall be the perfect way to insert myself. I will start writing today, and I hope it is to the standards of everyone.

Crystal

Belliss
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Treize Khushrenada on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:31 am

Glad to hear that, Belliss. I look forward to reading whatever it is you have for us. ^^

Treize Khushrenada
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athias on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:07 pm

You know what? I might just do this. I've been utterly incapable of finishing 1v1 rps or even starting normal ones, but I might be able to do this. Besides, I need the practice.
"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe." - Neil Gaiman

Athias
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightLady on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:05 am

Here's my story,there isn't really a title...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ran and ran and never stopped for even the shortest rest until I reached the mansion. The enemy was getting so close and I could not afford to get caught by them. Finally, I saw the mansion, it looked gloomier than ever since it was raining. I gripped my sword and the tiny package tightly and used my remaining energy to sprint towards the mansion, my masterā€™s house. ā€œThe moment you get in, youā€™ll be safe, Alexis,ā€ I told myself.

I was on an important mission to retrieve the sacred necklace from the hands of the enemies. If it falls into the wrong hands, the whole world would be doomed. This necklace had the power to make the one who yields it so powerful and was very helpful in helping one conquer the world. The four main clans, the Fire Clan, the Water Clan, the Earth Clan and the Wind Clan, had agreed to take turns to hide it from the rest of the world, to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. It was when the necklace was about to be passed to us, people from the fire clan when things started to go wrong.

It was that fateful day when ambassadors from the Fire and Wind clans met up to exchange the honor of protecting the necklace. My master, the leader of the Fire clan, and the leader of the Wind Clan were about to pass the necklace when suddenly, a masked assassin came out from nowhere and snatched the necklace away. Determined to retrieve the necklace, I ran after him and fought him. I immediately recognized his fighting tactics, only people from our enemy, the Dark clan, practiced such fighting tactics. After I lost to him, I returned and reported the events to my master, who sent me to the enemy, together with a few of my clanā€™s members.

We set out on the long journey to the Dark Clanā€™s territory. Disguised as people from the Dark Clan, we explored the place and discussed our plans late at night. We finally managed to find out where they had hidden the necklace and we split up to get to the place. We met each other at the door of the hiding place of the necklace and fought our way in. There were many Dark Warriors there and they were so huge. They were thrice my size. Although we feared them, we managed to fight them for our moves were so much more agile than theirs.

We got in and took the necklace, wrapping it in brown parchment paper. As we got out, we had to face much more of the gigantic warriors. My fellow clan members passed me the package and urged me to go back while they fought off these fat warriors. And so I ran and ran all the way back to the mansion. Once inside, I stopped for a short rest and walked upstairs to see my master. I was happy. I had finally completed my mission. However, I thought of my fellow clan members who went with me. They risked their lives to help me complete this mission. I wonder if they were still alive.

When I was with my master, I reported to him all that we did and handed him the package. He opened the package and took out the necklace. He then kept it in a place where it would be safe and told me to go and have a rest. As I headed back to my quarters, two of my fellow clan members who went with me returned. One of them was seriously injured while the other only had a few cuts and bruises. It was then that I received news that the rest and died in the fight. I was devastated.

That night, the one who had been seriously injured diedā€¦
Last edited by NightLady on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."~ Anonymous

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"~ Anonymous

NightLady
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ian32 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 am

Despite himself Eugene had enjoyed the climb up to the church's cross. He stood perfectly balanced above the holy structure. It was night, so it was safe. Amazing that even two days later he would feel rejuvinated still. Though he had lost so much he could not help but marvel at his own strength, speed, and balance. Coming to the top of the church had been no harder than a brisk jog would have been when he was human. Vampire. The thought echoed in his head with a flash of images, images of Dante and his pack of blood sucking demons. He was now one of them though, and not even the excitment that came with his new abilities could distill that horrible fact.
His head sunk, later he reflected that the natural movement was one of the greatest mistakes of his life. His eyes caught a movement below him, a priest, walking from the church. His body froze, desire like no other crept over him like a cloud of darkness. How can I even think of it..,He thought. But, regardless, he sank low on the cross, still maintaing balace, and watched the priest as he slowly walked toward his small home next to the church. I'm so hungry. He put his hand forward on the right arm of the cross and tightened his knees. It would have been so gut wrenching before but now, no, he wanted to slurp up every ounce of blood that pumped through his body, to sqeeze the flesh till every last clinging drop was finged out, to bask in the gore. I am one of them now...I must...eat.
And with that last thought he sprang from the cross and landed on the ground with a soft thud, the priest turned but before he could catch sight of anything a pale hand covered his eyes and wrenched his head upward. Eugene opened his mouth wide and sunk his teeth into the man's neck. He tore the neck open with a twist of his neck and then allowed the blood to flow into this mouth. His left hand crept toward the man's heart, his claws wresting where he would plung them into the blood filled pouch. He ripped of the man's robe with a quick wrench, he didn't care for the nudity, it was food after all.

Six hours later Eugene was underneath the cover of a tree. He would cry but he didn't have the ability. When he had awoke from his blood lust he had seen what was left of the priest, a corpse with pieces of flesh torn out all over the body. The sun had come up and he was only slightly protected from the burning rays. He had abandoned the corpse where he had eaten, afraid to look at it ever again. He wanted to throw himself into the rays and burn until the pain stopped, and he would of, but he remembered, crisp and clear, the last words of Damon, "Kill Dante." Eugene would, he knew that, but how? Dante was, so powerful, how could he hope to kill him? Then another thought occured to Eugene, Damon had never once killed a human being, not once had Damon basked in human blood. Already Eugene was a failure, but he would make it up, somehow, Dante was going to die.I killed that man, I admit that, but his blood shall not go wasted within my veins while I cower from the sun, every last drop I stole from him shall be used. And once it is used up I will never kill a human being again, and when Dante dies, he will know that it was by the hands of Damon's advocate, of his succesor, and that, ironically, Dante shall die from the blood of a priest. Eugene ran from the cover of tree to tree, barely escaping fatal flames, it would be worth all the burns when every last one of Dante's vampire minions was crumbled underneath his feet.

Ian32
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BarthanTwins on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:59 pm

Becoming Wolf by Christina ____________

It was a seemingly normal day on the Quilette Indian reservation. Elizabeth was watching TV, a news bulletin about the giant bear that was terrorizing the town of Forks less then fifteen miles up the road. She laughed, whoever heard of such a preposterous thing? A giant bear? Then her grandfather came in the house. Finally home from his day at his friends house. It was nine-thirty and Elizabeth still hadn't had dinner. "What do you do all day?" he sneered at her, "sit around and watch tv? Why can't you get some friends or something?" She turned the television off and glared at her grandfather. "I've been in town for all of two days and I don't know anyone here." she snapped at him. "That's plenty long enough. Go down to the beach or something." She was shaking, she was so angry. Elizabeth was tired of her grandfather getting on her, and she felt like she was STARVING. "Don't you know how to keep food in the house?" She snapped and stormed out of the house. She felt like she was going to burst. She just wanted to run. So she ran. She ran as far as she could and as fast as she could. She felt like she did burst and she heard her clothes rip to shreds. She felt like she was running on four feet instead of two. What am I? she wondered. then she heard voices and saw more like her running. Welcome One voice said, To the clan of Werewolves. Elizabeth grinned a wolfy grin, and kept running with the pack. She felt more at home here then anywhere else. She had found her family, her friends. Looks like grandfather got his wish.
Inheritance Cycle and Twilight Saga are my obsessions.
ImageImageImageImage

BarthanTwins
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby articefive on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:35 am

Well here goes nothing write? <HAHA STUPID FUNNY>

The night broke across the sky making the stars brighten the way to the heavens and darken the way to the hells. Cire stood at the center of the world his staff in hand as he shot fires into all the angels and demons trying to escape thier prisons for all eternity. They had been locked away to protect the living beings that could not kill something already dead. Cire smiled at the little boy behind him, David. His bright blue eyes that watch the angels and demons fight harder and harder to escape thier prison but the staff is relentless with magic so bright and painful that nothing could escape his might. David stood his shock of blond hair swaying slightly as he did so. He looked very pale but handsome in the nights bright light that held him in reverence to all the other living beings. David frowns as his loose black robes that fall so easily about his lithe form shake to much. He raises his hands seeing the two half moon signs. He had been told that he was to be the savior of the world when the wars started, he could see it now Cire was dying.

His older brother, who he could never see as he was shrouded in a bright light at all times. He took hold of the black staff next to him, its power instantly radiating as he touched it with his slender palms. His brother would call him a baby he was twenty one and had been watching his brother for all of those years. A gaurdian against the pits of hell and the savage whole to heaven. Cire faltered, David could feel the shift in power immediately. "Run now David!" Cire yells with fear. David doesn't understand, he had been here all his life he sees a demon chase him its teeth bright and sharp with anger reflected in its bright red eyes. He grabbed his staff, doing the thing his brother had done forever. He unleashed the power a bright blue light takes the demon up and it turns to ash. "NO!" Cire yells loudly as a wall of fire takes up the pits. "Run David here they come." David smiles as he waves his staff in the air to make a portal that takes him to somewhere safe.

He smiles as his brother watches him leave but frowns when he sees the swarms of demons collapse on him. He feels the unwanted tears as his mind swears vengence against the wicked things that had killed his brother. WHY DID THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN! He wonders as his mother, father, sister, and brother come into his mind, all dead because they had protected the humans. They were elves who cared! "Cire..." He whispers as the night takes him into itself making him vanish in mid air.....

articefive
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FollowYourMoonlight on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Okay. I'll give it a shot. =)
If you want to read any of my other stuff check out my page on Storywrite.
http://storywrite.com/followyourmoonlight
But here's my submission.

The Blue Line

"You're stalking me, aren't you?"

That was the first full sentence she ever said to me. Before that significant event it had only been nods and murmurs. But this sentence, it was clear and strong, and it wanted an answer.

"Well, I... um...," was all I managed to muster.

I couldn't lie to her, for what I had been doing was something very similar to stalking. I wouldn't use such a harsh term though. It was merely... affectionately following. I had never done it to anyone else. There was just something about her... something that intrigued me. In this following I meant her no harm or distress, and at the time of this question she knew that. She just wanted to make conversation. At least that's what she told me later on, but who knows she could have been lying.

Clarissa and I both took the blue line to work each morning. For some reason we both always sat on the third car, so we saw each other every day. And from afar, I fell in love with her. I fell in love with the way she looked, her dark chestnut colored hair, her shining blue eyes, her visibly soft lips, and her thin angled body. I fell in love with the way she sat staring out the window into the darkness as if she could see something. The way she observed the people around her, always giving money to any sort of beggar or offering her seat to anyone who came near her vicinity. Even the way she walked off of the subway, a little skip in her step. I was infatuated, and I had never even talked to her.

"You um, what?" she asked with a slightly playful undertone in her voice.

"I... uh... you know." I sounded like an idiot.

"Yes?"

"Uh... Noā€”"

"So you weren't? Yes?"

"No... Iā€”"

"So you were? No?"

"Iā€“I... Wait! What are you talking about?"

She laughed; a giggly school girl kind of laugh. I couldn't help but smile and laugh along with her. She started gasping and doubled over laughing, placing a hand on my back to hold herself up. I stiffened at her touch, and she righted herself, gasping slightly and still smiling. I didn't see what was so funny.

"You totally fell for that," she said to me; once she had gained her breathe back, "But in all seriousness. Are you stalking me? I just want to know. It's sort of flattering in a way." She smiled again, displaying her mouthful of pearly whites.

"Well, uh... you seeā€”"

"Can you say at least one sentence without the word uh, um, or well?" she cut in, adjusting her glasses on her nose.

"If you can stop interrupting me," I retorted.

She smiled, "That's more like it."

"I'm Max,ā€ I said, offering my hand.

She took it and shook it with vigor, "Nice to finally speak to you Max. I've been watching you watch me for awhile now, why didn't you talk to me earlier?"

"I haven't been watching you!"

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Well... Actually I'm Clarissa."

"Clarissa," I said, tasting her name on my tongue.

"Yes," she replied, raising her eyebrows slightly, "That's my name, don't wear it out."

"I won't," I said, smiling back.

"Somehow I doubt that," she said with a wink, as the train started to slow down, "This is my stop, but you know that."

"Bye," I said, ignoring her comment.

"See you tomorrow," she replied, and then she was gone, into the sea of people on their way to work or some other destination.

I sighed as the doors shut in front of me, my stop was next so I didnā€™t bother sitting down. I should have though, because my legs felt like jelly. Talking to her had only made my devotion deeper.

So it went on like this. We talked everyday on our way to work, about anything and everything. Our families, friends, work, what we had done that past weekend, even our love lives; we talked about everything. I learned everything about her best friend Yvonne, her sister Bethany, how she disliked being called Clara, the girls she hated in high school because they made fun of her, her horrible boss Henry, her favorite food peach cobbler, her pets (a snake, Ralphie, and a cat, Gina) and unfortunately, her boyfriend at the time, Tim.

There had been silence between us one day, every once in awhile there was silence. I respected it, sometimes she had a lot on her mind, and sometimes I did too. So it was normal. But this day, I could tell something was wrong with her. She looked distressed and she kept turning to me like she needed to say something, but then turning away, huffing about something or other.

"Clarissa?" I addressed her gently, "Is something wrong?"

She looked over to me, her eyes filled with such sorrow and confusion that it almost made me feel physically sick to see her in such a state. She opened her mouth, shut it again, then nodded, yes.

"What is it?"

"It's Tim," she finally got out after another moment of silence.

"Tim?"

"He's cheating on meā€”"

"What?!?" I burst in, outraged.

She put up her hand to silence me, and I instantly obeyed, "I confronted him about it last night and... and..."

She suddenly burst into tears, unable to contain this held in emotion any longer. I had never seen her cry. She had always been either very happy or slightly angry when she talked to me. So it caught me off guard. I didn't know what to do, so I hugged her, holding her against me. Mentally I felt awkward, but physically, she felt so right.

"It will be okay," I said as soothingly as I could, ignoring the stares we were getting from the other people riding the subway, "What happened? Did he break up with you? It doesn't matter, he doesn't deserve you anyway."

She shook her head violently and detached herself from me, "No... not that..."

"Then what did he do?" I asked, starting to worry.

"Max... I've always told myself that if anyone did this to me the first thing I'd do afterward would be to leave them... But... I feel so stuck..." The river of tears continued to flow.

"What is it Clarissa? What did he do to you?"

She shook her head, unable to continue. I took out a pack of tissues and offered them to her, unsure of what to do next. Still sniffling she took the pack gratefully and quickly wiped away her tears, causing the unusually large amount of make-up that she had on to smudge, revealing what it was hiding.

"Clarissa..." I started, trying to keep my temper, "Is that a black eye?"

She looked up at me in shock and lifted a hand to examine the smudged make-up. Then, seeing that there was no way out of this, she slowly, tentatively, nodded.

"Did Tim do this to you?" I asked, still maintaining the fake calm.

She nodded again, obviously trying hard to resist another on flow of tears. I turned away from her; I didn't know what to do. I was far past angry, this man, who I didn't even know, was beating on poor innocent Clarissa because she had discovered that he was cheating on her. And still she didn't want to break up with him.

"What are you thinking?" I burst out, "Drop the bastard!"

"You don't understand," she cried back at me.

"I understand enough to know that this guy is an abusive asshole."

"That's not all of it," she said, tearing up again, "You don't know the whole story."

"So you still want to be with this guy?" I said in a calm monotone, "After all that he has done to you."

She looked me straight on, staring at me in challenge. I stared back, unrelenting. She was the first to avert her eyes. So we stood in silence until her stop came around. Then she left, without another word.

The next day I watched for her and she didn't come on the blue line. I even poked my head out the door to see if she was there and just taking a car other than the third. She wasn't there; she was nowhere to be found. Despite how much we had talked over the last couple of months, neither of us had ever thought of asking the other for their cell number, so I had no way of contacting her. So all I had left to do was worry. I worried through work, I worried all night after work, I worried the next morning, and I worried as I waited for her on the subway the next day.

I waited as long as I could before deciding to get on the blue line. I told myself she was probably already on there waiting for me and that it was stupid for me to wait for her. Right before I was about to swipe my card and go through to the subway, I felt the need to turn, to look one more time.

As soon as I had turned I saw her, she was running toward me, looking quite ridiculous as she attempted to be swift in her heels. She was waving wildly and... smiling.

"Max!" she called, once she was in a reasonable distance, "Wait!!!"

"Clarissa," I said happily, "Where were you yesterday? Come quickly, we're going to miss the blue line."

"No," she said, grabbing my hand, "Come with me, I'll explain."

"Work?" I questioned as I was being swiftly pulled away.

"Screw work."

I couldn't argue with that logic so I went along with her, though I had no idea where she was bringing me. She dragged me through the streets, not bothering to take a car or taxi or anything. She apparently knew where we were, but I had no idea. Upon arriving at an apartment complex she pulled me aside, apparently to explain what was going on.

"Okay, I want you to buzz the fifth buzzer and tell whomever answers that itā€™s the pizza man, Okay?

"The pizza man? What are we doing? This is ridiculous."

"Just do it Max," she replied, pushing me toward the door, "For me?"

I sighed and walked up to the door. She seemed to have a reason for this so I would play along. I ran the door bell and told the man who answered that I was the pizza man. Typically he was confused, saying he didn't remember ordering pizza but wanted me to come up anyway. The door was buzzed open and I walked inside, Clarissa not far behind me.

We walked up the stairs to the fifth floor, since there was no elevator. Eventually we got to our destination and rang the doorbell. After a few moments the door was answered, by a woman this time. I felt Clarissa tense behind me when the woman came into view and I instantly knew where we were and what we were here for.

"Hello," the woman said softly, coming quite close to me, she had obviously not seen Clarissa yet.

She was wearing nothing but a silk night gown which she was bunching up in her hand to show a little more skin. I took a large step backwards; she looked like the kind of woman who would attempt to seduce pizza men.

"Hi," Clarissa cut in before I could respond, "I'm looking for Tim."

"I thought this was supposed to be the pizza man," she said suspiciously, dropping her night gown so it hung as it was supposed to, "You wouldn't happen to be Clarissa, now would you?"

"Maybe," Clarissa responded, then quickly pushing the woman away, she barged into the house.

The woman just shrugged and turned her attentions toward me.

"You're not the pizza man, are you?" she asked, swindling up to me.

"No..." I responded absently, paying closer attention to the yelling voices of Clarissa and Tim in the background and resisting the urge to go in there and punch that man in the face.

"Good," she continued, unaware of my preoccupation, "I'm getting sick of teenagers on minimum wage."

I took another step back from her, shaking my head, "Sorry, Ma'am. Not interested. And what makes you think I'm not a teenager and that I make more than minimum wage?"

She glared at me then walked back into the house, just as Clarissa was walking out. She was holding a cardboard box which I assumed held the possessions she had kept at this house. She wore a smile on her face but I could see on the inside she was paining.

"Keep the nightgown," she called loudly into the apartment before shutting the door, "Someone else may need it."

"Do you want me to go in there and teach him what's what?" I asked her, in all seriousness.

She smiled and shook her head, then led the way to the stairs. We walked in silence out of the building and down the street. Once we were out of sight of the house she suddenly burst into tears.

Dropping her box she embraced me, burying her face into my chest. I awkwardly hugged her for the second time in three days, this time her initiation.

"I thought I loved him," she sobbed into me, "But I guess I have no idea what love is."

I lifted her head with my hand and looked into her eyes, "Love is mutual. Nothing good comes from a relationship when it's not. You did the right thing."

"I hope so," she said looking up at me, leaning into me, lips quivering.

Nervously I dropped our embrace before she got too close, stammering I asked "S-so you'll be okay?"

She leaned over and grabbed her box, embarrassed as to what she had just been about to do, "Yes, I'll be fine."

"Good..."

"Are you going back to work now?"

"I don't know."

"Me neither."

"D-do you want to come grab something to eat?" I asked her, avoiding eye contact.

"Are you asking me out" she asked, returning to her normal self.

"Are you accepting?" I said with a smile.

"Of course," she replied, hooking her arm into mine and dragging me once again down the street.

That damn girl can change her mood easier than I can change my shirt.

The first time she kissed me was on the blue line on our usual route to work. The whole car started clapping. Most of them were like us and took the blue line, third car, everyday. So they had been observing us and anticipating this. She just smiled back at them bowing, while I turned bright red. About three months after that we moved in together. Everything was perfect.

"I'm going riding now," she called out to me, "Wanna come?"

Clarissa loved riding to bike. She did it for exercise and enjoyment. Sometimes I went with her, but being the less experienced biker I often held back.

"I'm fine," I replied to her, looking up from my mound of papers at my desk, "I've got a bunch of work to do."

She made her way over to me and kissed me tenderly on the head, "Okay love. See you when I get back."

"We'll go out tonight, that okay?" I asked her, spur of the moment.

"Sure thing," she replied, as she walked toward the door, "I'll be back in an hour or so."

"Okay, I'll be waiting."

"I know."

Then she walked out the door... I had bought her a ring, an engagement ring. I was waiting for the right time to give it to her; I wanted it to be the perfect moment. Something both of us would remember for the rest of our..."

Max stopped, unable to continue his account. The whole room was in tears in front of him, and he knew his eyes had flooded over early into his story. He stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled out a little box, opening it he showed the room this glistening diamond.

"This," he began, chocking back a sob, "Will always be hers. Just like my love, and my heart."

He walked over to the casket and gently, carefully slid the ring onto her cold finger. He laid her hand back down in the position it had been and took another look at his dearest and closest love. Hot tears slid down his cheeks as he looked upon her face; amazingly it was unmarred by the accident. It looked up at him almost mockingly in its beautiful but dead perfection.

"Clarissa..." he whispered softly to her, as if she could hear, "You know I'll always be waiting."

Then unable to take anymore, he stood up and left the room and the people in it. He walked out of the funeral home and down the street until he found a subway. Swiping his card he walked over to the blue line and got in on the third car. The car was nearly empty but he didn't sit, he stood where they always did and waited. Waited for her to come to him, knowing she never would.

FollowYourMoonlight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mima Yamashina on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Here it is, I think it's a little to long so this is just the first 2 chapters

As I sit here wishing you where fighting this eternal battle with me. Yet, I stand and fight alone. With you nowhere in sight, nowhere to be found. I can hear them coming for me to put me in more pain that I already am in because you deserted me to suffer forever, alone.

They take me to a room of everlasting fire where my soul, or what I have left of it, will burn forever in despair and endless torture. They leave me so they can watch me and hear my screams and so they will not get burned themselves.

As the flames rise, starting at my ankles and continuing up. I can breath in the flames, taste the fury of them filling my lungs. They watch closer, waiting, waiting, waiting. Wanting me to scream, wishing that I would, but I donā€™t, I refuse to scream, refuse to give them any satisfaction at all. If they want it theyā€™ll have to try harder.

I smile at the thought of them trying to get me to scream, it wasnā€™t exactly an easy thing to do, it took work, hard encouragingly painful, work. I was strong willed and I just laughed at them with all the might I could muster up. The pain was immense I could barely stand it, but I did.

I stood there, arms spread, body stuck to the wall with swords I'm my arms and legs and abdomen. They wanted to break me, take away my will make me their little puppet.

I'll be damned if I was going to let that happen in this lifetime.

I glare into their eyes as they glare into mine. I knew I shouldnā€™t have followed him but I couldnā€™t help it I had to be there in case he needed me, needed me to help save him this time.

That thought took me back to the night before, when I was in his arms.

She went up to his apartment where she knew that he would be. He wasnā€™t at his office and no one knew where he was all day so this was the only place he could be. She rang his room.

ā€œHello.ā€ She heard that welcoming voice over come her and she wanted him then, right there on the street for everyone to see.

ā€œHello?ā€ he said again. She snapped back to reality and realized that she was just standing there.

ā€œHey it's me, can I come up please? I need to see you.ā€ And she wasnā€™t lying she needed him more then she ever could she yearned for him, her desire enraged her so much when he wasnā€™t around that she thought shed loose her mind if she couldnā€™t be with him at that very second.

ā€œYea it's unlocked up here just come on up.ā€ She opened the door and went up. He lived on the top floor.

He likes the view better from up there. She thought, and the thought made her giggle a little. She pushed the button for the elevator and waited for the doors to open.

Common hurry up! I donā€™t have all fucking day! Ok now she knew she was crazy she was screaming at an elevator door and she didnā€™t even say it out loud she thought it. Just as she finished her thought the doors opened and she stepped inside.

Wow maybe I should scream at things more often in my head. She laughed at herself. When she finally reached the floor, he was on she knew exactly where to find him. Shed only been there once before and she wasnā€™t exactly ā€œfocusedā€ at the time. So she was surprised when she remembered exactly where it was. As she walked to the end of the hallway she wondered what he would be wearing.

Nothing I hope. She shook her head and couldnā€™t believe what she just said. Damn the effect he had on her, damn it to hell. She opened the door hoping that he wouldnā€™t mind that she did.

ā€œHello, Drake? Marko!ā€ She knew that he would answer her by saying polo. He always did.

ā€œPolo! I'm in the shower sorry give me a minute and I'll be out. Ok?ā€ She could barely hear the running water from the door but as she walked further in she could hear it.

ā€œOk, I'll just wait in the living room. K?ā€ He didnā€™t answer so either he didnā€™t hear her, he couldnā€™t answer her, or he didnā€™t think that it needed an answer.

She sat down in the sofa across the room. It was big and fit well with everything else in the room. It had a high back and almost overly stuffed cushions. As she sat down she felt as if it could swallow her whole.

Wow, this place is really big, but really clean. I donā€™t see a housekeeper or maid anywhere. Hmā€¦ I wonder how he keeps this place so clean. She thought to herself as she examined the room. After about 5 minutes she couldnā€™t stand sitting there much longer. She always hated to just sit and do nothing.

When she was little her parents would take her to work with them when she didnā€™t have school or no one else would take her. Which led her to always want to move and always restless.

She got up to walk around. I donā€™t want to pry but I just can't sit here in this big place without exploring. I wonder what he has in the fridge? She hadnā€™t eaten much that day so she was really hungry. It took a few minutes for her to find the kitchen. She finally did and headed straight for the fridge.

Damn could this place be any bigger? The kitchen was about as big as her bedroom, which when she saw her new apartment she thought was big, but now realizing that it wasnā€™t.

She opened the door and started searching for what would be good. She found some ham and mustard and some cheese and decided to make her a sandwich. Now all she had to do was find some bread.

She opened cabinet by cabinet when she opened the last one she found a new loaf.

Wheat, wow, I figured him for a white bread man. Then she laughed to herself.

After she finished making her sandwich she put everything away and went into the dining room. She was half way through it when she heard the shower stop.

Finally, and I thought it took me long to take a shower I think he just beat my record. She had finished eating and had returned to the living room to sit on the enormous couch when she heard the bathroom door open. From where she was sitting she could see the door perfectly.

He came out wearing only a small white towel around his waste. She couldnā€™t help but stare he had a perfect body. He was tall and had muscles that you just had to touch. That you knew would clench at the slightest touch of your soft fingers.

She was suddenly jerked back to reality when she felt a warm sensation between her legs. Oh shit! She thought so load she whispered it. She hoped that he didnā€™t hear it but she was wrong.

ā€œOh shit what?ā€ he said as he came closer to her still in nothing but that little towel and gleaming from the water from the shower because he hadnā€™t dried all the way yet.

Oh god, please touch me, please hold me, oh please take me into your room and make love to me right now! She couldnā€™t believe what her mind was thinking, yet, she wanted to say it out loud. Since this whole thing had started she had at least wanted to feel his arms around her, holding her, and at most she wanted him insider her.

She had to think of a response. ā€œHuh? Oh, nothing.ā€ She wasnā€™t exactly lying she really did mean nothing. At least nothing that she wanted him to know about at the moment. She hoped that he would go get dressed so she could stop staring. So that maybe she could calm down.

ā€œAre you sure? I mean you donā€™t just say, oh, shit for nothing you know?ā€ he gave a little laugh that made her melt a little inside. She knew he saw right through her and knew that she had to respond.

ā€œYou know you should really go put some clothes on.ā€ Well it was true and as much as she loved looking at that wonderful body, it was to tempting with the way he was dressed. ā€œWell maybe I donā€™t want to.ā€ He said with a little laugh that made her knees go a little weaker.

Her mind was thinking of so many things at once that she barely noticed that he was leaning over her. It wasnā€™t until he started to kiss her deeply with severe hunger that she woke up to what was going on. She knew that in the situation that they were in she should stop him, but she didnā€™t. She didnā€™t want to, she wanted what was about to happen.

He stood her up and lifted her up into his arms. On the way she lost her shirt and shoes. Then when they got there she lost her pants and everything that was left. She noticed that the entire time he kept that little white towel on, which he quickly removed. He was fully hard and she wanted to reach out and put her hand around it and stroke it hard.

He leaned down to kiss her as the tip of his erection rubbed against her wetness making her want him more. As he started to softly kiss down her neck she ached her back slipping him a little closer to her opening. He pulled away with a grunt and continued his slow soft trail of kisses down her body. When he got to her legs he spreads them and started to massage her clit with his tongue. She went wild with sexual excitement and in a flash he pushed into her hard and fast and she almost melted with pleasure.

He kept a long, fast, strong, deep pace pushing so deep inside her that he went all the way to the hilt. She arched her back making him go deeper, she screamed with pleasure and her nails dug deeper into his back. He screamed as she started to cum and he smiled with amusement as he reached for his own satisfaction. He finally got it as he started to buck on top of her and finally he went limp on top of her.

They laid there for a few minutes breathing heavy and just enjoying the moment knowing what was to come for them.

Mima Yamashina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mima Yamashina on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:58 pm

"Oh please, you donā€™t know what that would do to your reputation!" says my best friend Rae. I was a normal kid not special, not model pretty, but defiantly not ugly. I was in 7th grade when I joined off campus. I went on the 1st day and saw this boy with blonde hair with kind of short hair, but not so short it was ugly. He also had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, he claims they were turquoise, but I think they were as blue as the sea.

I walked in with my strawberry blonde hair blowing in the wind. I saw him standing there so... soā€¦ cute! I was excited. I didnā€™t know what to do so I went up to him "Hey I am Lily! I like your hair... whoops I mean your eyes... I, I, mean..." I stammered. "Haha, Well I am Treavor, nice to meet you lily. Pretty name!" I blushed and smiled. I couldnā€™t belive how dreamy he was. We played tennis and just the way we looked at each other made me shake with how crazily in love I was. I secretly liked him, but he was a year younger than me. And my (awesome) stuck up friends wouldnā€™t approve. Treavor was shy, but outgoing if you knew him. We spent half a semester talking and learning more and more about each other everyday. He was a boy; she was a girl can I make it any more obvious? Those were her favorite lines from her song. She thought about him all day, everyday. She even wrote stories and poems about him.

Then one day her friends got a hold of them, "GIVE EMā€™ BACK!" I squeal. "Oh Treavor donā€™t you see our love cannot be, although your eyes are like the dark sea.?" they yell reciting lines from my poems. "Please stop, those are personal!" I yell. But they keep on laughing and making fun of me. I started to cry, wondering what they would think about me now that they know I like him. Rae, Haliey, and Leah were all spending the night at my house. After they all fell asleep I woke up and I was up all night working on my recent poem about him. The next day at school all my friends were flirting with him just to make me jealous. "Gosh Treavor, nice six pack, ohhiee and your hair is sooo soft!" My friends were all up on him touching and complimenting him. I started to leave, I couldnā€™t take it anymore. But as I was leaving I saw hurt in his eyes, he didnā€™t care about them he just wanted me up on him. I went at lunch and I saw all my friends at Treavorā€™s table, flirting with him once again to mess with me. I walked fast to the line and he managed to break away from them and came to the line. "Oh hey Lily! Whatā€™s up?" We talked and talked until I ordered and started walking away. "Wait Lily, do you mind if I sit with you and get away from those annoying pests?" "Sure, no wait I mean. Noā€¦ I mean.. umā€¦ yes you can sit with me" I blush. So he decided to sit with me the rest of the week while all of my friends sit with their boyfriends making out. Then on Friday at tennis, we were running together and laughing at each others jokes, having a grand old time. I never wanted off campus to end. I could be with him forever. Many weeks passed by and we became great friends! Then one day our coach announced that there was going to be a tournament at Lake Tahoe, and he signed us all up for the tournament. I was so excited I was jumping up and down and laughing. I looked over at Treavor and he was cracking up at me. "Wow, someone seems excited" he laughed. When I was with him, it was like only me and him were together, all the other off campus kids were gone. "OKAY! Get back to work!" our coach urged us to do. I had to partner with Kate when I wanted to Treavor. He was partnered with Aaron. Aaron about 5, 2 and he had brown hair with natural highlights. He also had pretty green eyes. But he was obnoxious and rude. Everyone liked him more than Treavor at tennis because everyone "claims" he is hot. "Ladies, Ladies! Back it up, there is much of Aaron to go around" he boasted. "Not to burst your bubble Aaron, but no one is around you." "Well I knew that, I was practicing forā€¦ forā€¦ later!" he tries to save himself. "HAHAHA!" Treavor was cracking up! Until Aaron gave him this dirty look which made him shut up very quickly. "Okay letsā€¦ RUN!!! Notice how I paused for effect!" says our coach. Treavor has always beat me in running, but not today he isnā€™t! I thought to myself. "1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦ GO!" I sprint as fast as I can to the first line and back to the fence. I saw I was behind by 2 seconds. So I run as hard as I can to the second line and back to the fence. Still 2 seconds behind, this was my last chance. I run so fast to the net and back and saw Treavor beat me by only 1 second! "Good try Lily" he jokes at me. "Haha, you know I always try my hardest to beat you!" I tease him. "umā€¦ what are you guys doing?" Aaron asks. "umā€¦ umā€¦ I always loose my sense of words around Treavor when someone accuses us of flirting. "Aaron are you jealous? You know she is HOT!" I playfully slap him on his arm. He starts to laugh and smile at me. That mysterious smile you cant resist. So I went home that night and wrote a poem about the moment he called me hot. My heart skipped 1000 beats. The next day at school my friends came up to me and apologized, "Look were sorry we were just embarrassed because well I mean do you know what that would do to your reputation?" they explained on and on why I shouldnā€™t like him. I wasnā€™t listening. "Yea sure, whatever, I can do what I want!" I yell stomping away from them.

I run over to Treavor crying my eyes out. He grabs me in a hug and asks "Whatā€™s wrong?" I was speechless. I couldnā€™t tell him I liked him! So I made up an excuse and said I got a bad grade. "Iā€™m sorry there is always next test!" he assures me. While I was in his arms I was happy. His body was as warm as a camp fire, and I never wanted to leave it. Then the bell rang and we just stood there unmoved together. It was like we were alone on our own island. I didnā€™t know what he thought of me, but I really liked him. When I was with him it was like we were the only 2 people ever. *SNAP*! Someone took a picture of us. "Wow perfect blackmail, this is TOTALLY going in the yearbook." Aaron says making fun of us. I didnā€™t mind about the picture, maybe someone would accept us as friends (for nowā€¦) "OHMYGOSH!" yells Rae gobbling all over a picture, "my boyfriend has the BIGGEST muscles ever! He is sooo cute." "No way mine has the cutest eyes." Says Haliey. "Well mine has the softest hair." Brags Leah. Then they all stare at me, the type of stare that makes you feel like you are lesser than them. "I have to umā€¦ go." I stammer while walking away. I went over to Treavorā€™s table and sat down. "Hey Treavor!" I say. I could of sworn his eyes lit up as soon as he saw me. Oh no. I was blushing again. "HEY LILY!" he practically yells. I smile at him. "So do you mind if I sit here?" I ask. "No problem, um this is Daniel, Ian and Josh. Everyone this is Lily." "Hi Lily" they all say synchronized. I fit in straight away with them. "Lily, me, Josh, and Ian are all going to play miniature golf tonight, wanna come?" Treavor asks me. "Sure what time, and uh we kinda canā€™t drive" I say laughing. "I know my mom will pick you up around 6 ish?" "Okay well, I will see you then!" and as I was walking away I heard chatter, "Dude she is totally HOT!" I look over and see Treavor nod his head and agree. That night I was making sure I looked good. I straightened my hair and everything. At 6:05 my doorbell rang. I went and opened the door and saw Treavor leaning up against the wall and he did look good. "The chariot awaits!" he jokes at me. So I got in the car and saw Josh and Ian in the back while Treavor was riding shotgun. His mom dropped us off at Mini Putt. "I call the pink one!" I say fast. "Aw man I wanted that one!" Treavor teased me. I had it all planned out. Even though I was a beast at mini golf I was going to do bad so he would help me. It was a perfect plan! Or is that too flirty? Many questions were going through my head. Okay it was my turn to putt. I hit the ball way off on purpose. "Look Lily do you need help?" Treavor asks. Right on target! "Yea I am confused, I am not very good." I say lying. He puts his arm around me and I could feel warmness between us. He was wearing a jacket because it was cold out. His jacket smelled amazing. That smell that you never want to get rid of. I look up 5 inches away from his lips. I was so temped to just kiss him right then and there. I didnā€™t of course. I was cold the next four holes so I was shaking. "Hey Lily you wanna wear my jacket?" "Sure" I say to him. He takes it off and I wear it the rest of the night. After the 6th hole we ran away from Ian and Josh. It was just me and him, me wearing his jacket and him helping me with my "bad" golfing skills. We had a blast together. We were running and jumping, and splashing each other with water. I really liked him. I just wanted him to make a move so bad, because I was too afraid to make one. We were in a cave alone together and he didnā€™t make a move. Does he not like me? Is he too shy to make a move? Did my breath stink? All theses questions I pondered. His mom picked us up. "Oh crap! We forgot about Josh and Ian!" says Treavor. We turn around and pick them up. We drive them to there houses and then we head to mine. "Iā€™ll walk you up." Says Treavor. He walks me up to my house and my heart is skipping every other beat. We get to my door and all the lights are off. "Parents asleep? He asks. "Yea they usually get knocked out at 9." "Oh. Okay so they canā€™t see us?" Duh, I thought but I said "Yea." And we just stood there. Seems like it was forever. "Well" he finally says. "I guess I will see you tomorrow?" I finish his sentence. "Yea see you then." "Bye." "Bye." So I ran inside and I just sat there. Thinking what could of happened if I did something. But I really wished he would of done something. I was so tired, so I went upstairs to go sleep. I wished at 11:11 that I would dream of him. And I did of course. I dreamt that him and I were at a waterfall with Rae, Haliey, Leah, Josh, Ian and Aaron. All the guys were jumping off the waterfall, so Treavor wanted me to jump with him. I ran up there as soon as I could and we hold hands and jump. Him and I laugh and we looked in each others eyes and the next thing I knew is we were kissing. After the kiss was over I looked up and saw his smile then I woke up. I wish I could have slept forever, or even make it read. But no I couldnā€™t! Stupid alarm clock. So on my way I saw a note on the door. The note said.

Dear Lily,
I had a great time last night. I was going to go see if you
Wanted to watch a movie cause I couldnā€™t sleep but
You looked so peaceful in your sleep
So I decided not to wake you.
See you today.
Have a good one!
-Treavor-

No! I was so mad! If I would have stayed up maybe he would have kissed me. What did I do? Oh well at least he came over. Maybe thatā€™s a sign? All day long I wished that I wouldnā€™t have fallen asleep. Then at lunch he came over to my table. "Get my note?" "Yes, and I enjoyed reading your extravagant handwriting!" I teased him. "Hey! I worked hard on that!" He jokes. One question," I said, still teasing. "What," he asked with a questioning look. "When where you watching me sleep?" "oh that," he said looking embarrassed, "I promise im not stalking you, its just when I came over I looked through your windowā€¦. And you where sleeping, and everything," his blush grew deeper. I just smiled.

I decided to sit at his table again for the 4th time this week. It was finally Friday which means I have the whole weekend to try and make plans with Treavor. Maybe we can go to the mall? Or is that too girly? But I donā€™t want to go to the ice-skating rink because clumsy me will fall. "Hey Lily wait up!" He yells down the hall. I stop straight away because maybe heā€™s going to ask me something or even kiss me! I can already image it. His warm lips brushing up against mine. His warm hands around my head making sure that this moment could never end. I wanted it to happen so bad I could barley hold it in. "Wanna go ice-skating tonight? I heard its coupleā€™s night and I wanted to know if umā€¦ umā€¦" "Sure I would love to be your date." I finish his sentence. His smile brightens his face; I could swear he was so happy he looked like he was going to explode. "Pick you up at 5?" "Great see you thenā€¦ā€¦date" I say slowly but passionately. I went the rest of the day with a huge grin on my face. Between class periods I walked with him to our classes. He accidentally bumped into me, my heart raced when I though he was going to hold my hand. He started to hold it, getting closer and closer to putting his hand into mine when Ian runs up and get in between us. Putting his arms around us. "Well hello there Ian" I say a bit annoyed. "Hey guys! A bunch of us are going to go see a movie tonight wanna tag along?" "NO THANKS!" Treavor answers quickly. Then Ian turns to me and asks me "How about the little lady?" "No thanks Ian I am having a night alone tonight" I make up as an excuse. "Well then, I guess I have a date with Josh and Aaron tonight" Ian jokes at me. "Bye guys" "Finally I though he would never leave" I joke. "Well I guess I will see you tonightā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ beautiful" He quietly whispers in my ear. "Bye." I say. I was lost for words. He called me beautiful, he actually called me beautiful. I pinch myself to make sure it wasent just a dream. I was awake, he actually called me that. I couldnā€™t get over it. I was stuck in my place, flabbergasted. I jump up and scream, and I saw Treavor look back at me and smile. Not the usual smile. A smile that makes you melt inside. I ran home and wrote down a new poem and a story. I was so shocked that my heart was thumping inside of me. Then I remembered that tonight he was going to take me out to ice-skate. I was going to try my hardest to not fall on my butt to embarrass him. He picks me up right on time. Exactly on the dot at 5. I open up the door and he says "Hey beautiful." I nearly fainted right when he said that. Now I think about it I was a bit light headed. My dream fantasy was finally coming true. We get to the Ice skating rink and I open the doors and feel the rush of cold air and shiver. "Need my jacket again?" He asks "Maybe." I say, and then I do a convincing smile. The type of smile that a 4 year old would use to get out of cleaning their room. I put on his jacket and it smells as good as it did at Mini Putt. I start putting on my skates and I was having trouble. "Here, let me help." He offers. So he gets down on one knee like he was going to propose. "I need your foot to put on the skate." He jokes. I give him my foot and he smiles. Puts on the skate, and says, "Look the glass slipper fits!" I start to giggle then accidentally snort. He starts to laugh with me. After we got our shoes on we went out onto the rink. It was even colder than before, and then I saw the rink. I looked and there were a lot of couples on the rink and me and him are just friends for now, so I was wondering if it was too awkwardā€¦ But then I looked over at him and he look relaxed and fine with it. I was wondering if maybe tonight would be the night Iā€™ve waited for since I saw him that one day. I donā€™t think I will ever forget the day we met. It will probably stick in my head until the end of time. He held out his hand so that he could help me onto the rink. I put my hand in his and it fit perfectly. His hand was warm, I never wanted to let go of it. I wanted to sit with him all night holding his hand and him singing a song to me, or even just calling me beautiful once again. He pulled me onto the rink and I skidded across to come face to face with him. I could feel his warm breath so close to my face. He was breathing lightly because he was as relaxed as I was. I was shocked that for a split second I could have sworn he leaned in to kiss me. I was getting so close to kissing him. I thought it was in my imaging him leaning in and it. But it turns out he actually was leaning in. I was so close. I leaned in as much as he had. I was almost one centimeter to his lips. When I slipped and fell straight on my butt. I was so embarrassed but even madder because I missed the moment we almost kissed. "Wow, are you okay? It only takes you to fall out of no where!" he jokes at me. "Well you know me," I say "Such a klutz!" I joke waving my hands up in the air. While I was waving my hands I realized I was off balance so I fell back on my butt. "Better not be like this all night, cause if it is then I wont be able to hold you because you keep on falling!" he flirts with me. We skated together and I only fell twice every 4 rounds. Then my feet got tired so I said "My feet are tired lets sit out." "Wow thatā€™s something I would expect from a ā€˜star playerā€™" He uses air quotes. "Hey, hey now! Air quotes are my thing!" I joke. "Well I am sorry I wonā€™t do it again!" he replies. "Good, seal it with a hug?" but what I really wanted to say was seal it with a kiss. I have a strange reason he wanted that too. He came over to me and hugged me. Not like the normal bear hugs. This hug had reason to it. I felt like he never wanted to let me go. That he wanted me to be his forever and ever. His body was warmer than usual. I wondered that when he gets nervous if he gets warmer and warmer. I knew I was blushing, a bright color in fact. I actually loved this kid. I loved Treavor. I wanted to scream it out to the nation, so that everyone would know that he is mine and no one elseā€™s. After what seems like forever we finally let go of each other. We sat down on the bench, as I looked around I saw couples giving each other foot massages and hugs. Some were even going out in full out make-out sessions. We sat near each other holding hands and not doing anything more than that. I wanted to kiss him. I would do most anything to kiss him at that exact moment. I wish I would have the nerve to kiss him. "Well you look kind of tired; want me to carry you home?" He asks. The ice skating rink is only a couple of streets away from my house. "Are you sure you can do that?" I ask. "I can do whatever I want!" "Okay then!" I say to him. He takes off my shoe and says "I guess your night of dreams is over!" "That sounds like something someone would say after prom was over." I tell him. "Well then" he says jokingly. I run into his arms and he picks me up. "Wow not as heavy as I though" He says surprised. "I will take that as a compliment" I say. As he was carrying me I was closing my eyes imaging me and him alone together. No one else around us, just me and him. It was dark outside, and all you could see was the moon and a couple of stars. "Wow its so pretty outside at night!" I tell him. "Someday I will take you to a special place of mine where you can see all the stars and its so romantā€¦ amazing" he corrects himself. I knew he was going to say romantic. We keep on walking and we end up at my house. All the lights were off so I could tell it was way past 9. He walks me up to my door. I look into his eyes and see nervousness I know he wanted to kiss me, or even take me home for the night but he canā€™t do it. He doesnā€™t want to risk it. I wanted him to take the risk though which is what he didnā€™t understand. He moves a little bit close to me. So close I could smell the mintyness in his breath. I moved even close to me. I saw him purse his lips, I started to purse me. When he grabs my head in a romantic way. He lifted me up by my chin and looked in my eyes. I think I was blushing but I couldnā€™t tell because I was so much in shock by this moment. I think he is going to kiss me, I really think he is going to do it tonight. He said something so quietly I could barley hear his murmur. He got even closer to my lips. I wasn't breathing I was completely speech less.

I didnā€™t know what to do or what to think. I never kissed anyone before so I didnā€™t know if I was considered a good kisser or not. One more inch away from his lips. "He was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it any more oblivious? He was a punk; she did ballet, what more can I say?" Then I realized my phone was going off. I looked up and saw sadness in his eyes. I know he wanted to do it tonight. "Well I will see you later." He says, I could tell he was going to go home that night and maybe even cry, as was I. "Bye, see you tomorrow." I say back. I watched him walk around the corner and off my street. I looked at my phone and it was a text from Haliey, it said "Hey look Iā€™m sorry I was such a bitch! Wanna spend the night tonight?" I guess I forgave her, I mean she is my best friend so I couldnā€™t say no. So I told her yes and she told me to meet me at her house around 11. I went into my house and asked my mom if I could spend the night at Haileyā€™s house. "Yea sure see you tomorrow baby." She says barley awake.

So I walk over to Haileyā€™s house, and when I get there she runs out of her house and hugs me. "Ohmigosh! Thank you sooo much for coming over tonight! We are going to have uber loads of fun!" she says in her little pretty high pitched annoying voice. "Yay!" I say, throwing my hands in the air sarcastically. I walk into her house and see the big chandelier in the main hallway. I smell the roses that her mom has all around her house. She pulls me up her staircase and into her room. It looked as it always did. Clean on the floor, posters of her favorite celebrities such as: Ryan Sheckler, Leo De Caprio, Zac Efron and many more "hot hunks". So we started talking about the stupidest things, "ohmygosh I totally love your hair!" "ohmygosh I love your shirt! Where did you get it?" I could have sworn every sentence she said "ohmygosh" she finally calmed down and stopped saying that dreaded word. "Hey Lil, Letā€™s invite my boyfriend over and some of his friends and even your boyfriend!" "Heā€™s NOT my boyfriend!" I inform her. "Not yet he isnā€™t, not until tonight" she does this smile at me. The smile that you just wanna rip off her face. "Fine Iā€™ll call Treavor, you call other people." So I call Treavor and he answered after just 3 rings. "Hello?" He says in that voice that makes you melt inside

Mima Yamashina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby a_diic_T I O N on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:50 pm

I don't think this would be considered a story, but I thought, hey, why not? So here it is. I don't really care if it's judged or not, but feedback and constructive criticism would be loved!

So, with that said...

READY.... GO!

Ah, the wonders of a small town. Cries filled the air; No, not cries, shrieks! But not of the ordinary screech of horror, screams of joy and cheerfulness riddled the town square as a young woman strode across a fairly empty street. A slight gust of wind passed this particular lady by, brushing her light hair, a beam of sunlight escaped the somewhat gray day, to shine over her features. Like an angel from above, the elegance of her very being shined with said light from the all holy heavens above. What a gorgeous woman, indeed. A soft tune left her features, humming, to be exact. What a soothing sound, one that easily fit her graceful strides as she made her way across the street.

Then suddenly, as her foot gently pressed against the concrete sidewalk, the all holy heavens above blinked, casting darkness over the land. And in that fraction of a second, a life was taken by one of her own kind. And as the steel slug penetrated her body, the heavens weeped to see their finest being wronged. And as the Gods' themselves cried, the sky matched only the maroon pool below. As the beauty of a woman fell, the crowd around her gasped in disbelief. How can such a man do such a horrible deed?! Instantly, explanations began to flash into witnesses minds; Was he sane? Perhaps the woman had committed a wrong herself? Perhaps she just happened to get in the way of the shooter? Only one could know for sure, the accused, of course. But no one of the right mind would approach a gun man and ask such a thing! Besides, by this time, the crowd had thrown itself into a mass panic of yelling and flailing.

Hell had just lifted itself onto Earth.

And through the chaos, a young man watched in just as much horror as the rest, his jaw hanging low in disbelief. His instincts told him to run as his eyes, glued to the seen, watched as the shooter unloaded on the helpless woman. He was stuck, frozen in a state of fear. What was he supposed to do? What could he do? Run, like the rest? What good was that? Try and aid the fallen beauty? Only to get himself killed as well! And so he was stuck, mainly in his own mind. And then.... BAM!

Another shot rang through the screams and yells. Like a gift from the gods, a twin streaked the sky until it found its' target, the original shooter. As the onlooker turned his head towards the new gunman, his eyes glowed with appreciation. Like men in shinning armor, the city police force stepped forward through the crowd, guns drawn. With such a glorious rhythm, they pulled the triggers of their own weapons. And as the sinner fell to his knees, his life slowly being ripped from him, he looked towards the sky with a disgusting grin. He slowly closed his eyes as his body dropped backwards, still clinging to the little life he had left. But unlike the woman he had killed, he was not granted the wondrous stairway to heaven. Instead, he was placed back on Earth, restrained first in a bed, then later in a cage like a hated animal. And as the deceased woman watched from above, smothering herself in the riches of Heaven, her killer slowly rotted in jail as Satan himself awaited his arrival.

And as everything unfolded, a man slowly escaped the hold which fear once held over him. His mind ticked as he pictured a way to cope with the loss of a loved one. 'I should have went to her...' he thought as he looked away from the scene of the crime, a bit annoyed by all the commotion. And as time passed, the same man could be seen at a very peculiar funeral, honoring a once joyous woman of his own age. As the crowd slowly left the burial sight, some weeping more then others, the man stayed behind. As he fell to his knees, tears streaming from his features, he placed a tiny box upon the wooden casket. "I'll always love you," he muttered as he rose to his feet once again. His back turning to leave, the box opened with a snap to reveal a golden band. A band of trust and love. And on that day, a wedding was canceled. No later then the next morning, another shooting occurred. And as his lovers death was avenged, he too assured himself a seat in the pits of hell.

a_diic_T I O N
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Can short stories have chapters to them? It states it needs to be short enough to be read in one sitting. For some people, one sitting can be just a page, while for others (like my mother) one sitting can be an entire short novel. It really all depends upon the person. I'm working on my own short story right now, but it has chapters to it. Right now, it has 5 pages single-spaced in Word, and that's chapter one. Would something along these lines be suitable for this contest? I'm not sure how many chapters I plan on writing -- I'll just see how it goes and how it turns out. I just follow the flow of writing, if you will. ;] I'm guess it won't be any longer than 10 chapters, which I suppose would be somewhere around 50 pages types in Word. Is that considered too much for this competition?
ā™„Willow Watersā™„
    7th year Ravenclaw, Half-Blood

Syren Song
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby a_diic_T I O N on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:24 am

I loved your entry, Followyourmoonlight. Great foreshadowing, and a nice setting change too.

a_diic_T I O N
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thegraykid on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:33 pm

here is my entry
chapter one: 7 minutes in hell
Damon Blues sat down trembling in his best friends cloakroom surrounded by his other friendsā€™ jackets and coats. Even though it was warm in there he was still cold, with fear. Dress to impress it said on the invitation to the party, it should have been dress for death. He slowly crawled to the door on his hands and knees, and gazed through its elaborate looking keyhole. He could still see them, the twisted and broken bodies of his friends and the things that inflicted the pain upon them.

Demons. That was the only word that came even close to describing how horrific the things were that mauled his friends. Damon slowly glanced over them and then rubbed his eyes. How could things so repulsive exist? The demons had no hair, skin colour, noses or even clothes. In the place of the things they had lost they had long sharp talons, a big thin elongated body shape, long pointed looking ears and a u shaped mouth that made you thing that they were smiling until they opened it and the silver daggers within where revealed.

Damon crawled back away from the door and deeper into the cloakroom with a sigh. There seemed to be no hope for him tonight. He felt like giving up on any chance of escape when he remembered who he was, he was Damon Blues a creative genius and he wasnā€™t a snivelling 6 year old, he was 16. He had written loads of books about situations such as these, were demons roamed the land. His main character always got out of trouble unscathed so why shouldnā€™t he, sure he didnā€™t have any powers but he had his brain and that must count for something. Damon closed his eyes and thought of an idea and within a few seconds one started to blossom.

He could make a run for it but from what he saw of the massacre the demons were stronger and faster than any human. He suddenly had an idea; he picked up one of the coats with him. It was pretty heavy; it would buy him time if it was thrown at one of the demons. This wasnā€™t a great idea but it would do. Before Damon left the room he had been in for almost an hour he reflected on how he had gotten there in the first place. ā€œIf I survive this,ā€ Damon muttered to himself ā€œI will never play 7 minutes in heaven ever again.ā€ It was funny how something that was supposed to be seven minutes in heaven for him turned into 7 minutes of hell for everybody else.

Damon tightly gripped his right hand on the cloakroom door while his left hand loosely grasped a large fur coat which he was prepared to throw at any sign of movement, he knew that the plan he was about to take part in was not very good but it was better than sitting in the cloakroom waiting for death to knock. He slowly opened the door while watching for any sign of death personified, but instead of a monster hammering him the smell did. Inside his pretty much airtight cloakroom he had been safe from the smell but now he was completely exposed. The putrid smell of rotting bodies assaulted him. Damonā€™s knees went weak and his head started to swim, he felt like he had just gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. He heard a wet slurping sound coming from the ground; he looked down and saw the pale bodies of the demons feasting on his friends. Now he felt truly sick.

Damon knew that with the demons eating he had a chance of making it out alive, his eyes hovered on their ears, if he could do it without making a sound he added to his original thought. He raised the coat to cover his mouth and started to slowly pick his way multitude of bodies that stood in-between him and life. It was a ghastly task to pick his way through the bodies of the recent dead, seconds here seemed like hours. Halfway into his undertaking the body lying next to Damon started to move, thatā€™s how it started. One became two and two became four, it spread like the latest teenage craze. Within a few minutes all of his friendsā€™ bodies were shaking, then their skin started to lose colour. He knew what was happening to them, they were turning into demons.

Out of Damonā€™s eyesight the earlier demons had finished their consummation of human flesh and they had noticed him. He had seen enough of this sickening transformation; he knew it was time to get out of here pronto. He looked up in time to see three pairs of raven black eyes watching him. For a moment that seemed like a lifetime nothing happened and then all hell broke loose.

thegraykid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackfire825 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Well, this looked like fun and this is a great way to get my imaginative ideas onto paper, well, virtual paper. (I just came up with the story)

----------------------------------------------------------
"The Three Armies Meeting"

The sun rose just above the horizon, it's reddish-orange light gleaming onto the battlefield. The three armies- Human, Elf, and Dwarf- standing on the grassy plateau surrounded by mountains on all side but East and West. The Dwarven Army to the North, the humans to the South-East, the Elven Army to the South-West. Everyone held their breath, waiting to see what happened. Then suddenly a War-Trumpet sounded, then Dwarven Army shouting their War-Cry, rushed onto the battle field. Then the Human Army, then Elven Army rushed to meet their foes.

Then the first swords met, with a clanging sound that would ignite the last and final battle between their races. The dwarves with their hammers and shields striking down foes without remorse or hesitation, while yelling their insults and war-cries ,the elves with their finely crafted bows and swords, shot down and stabbed opponents quickly and quietly, the humans with their multitude of weapons, killing foe after foe. Soon the grass was no longer green, it was now red, stained by blood. The blood ran between the dead bodies and blades of grass, soon running of the plateau onto the grass land below where each armies camp was located with reinforcement's waiting to be called into battle.

There were three great champion from each race, a human one, a dwarven one, and an elven one. When they approached the canter of the battle, each army made way for its great champion, into the center of the battlefield, where the armies had made a circle for the three great warriors to fight in. All fighting had ceased so the duel of the champions could be watched on with out any other killing. The three champions met in the middle and bowed before each other.

The elven one was named Elessar Amandil, and the dwarven one was named Nafsid Earthlock, the human one named Nick Santis. Nafsid attacked first, with his hammer coming down upon Elessar, but Elessar elegantly dodging it, returning the blow with a blow of his own from his sword which was blocked by Nafsid's shield. Nick soon joined the battle by trying to stab Elessar in the side with his spear, but was knocked away on accident from Nafsid's hammer that was supposed to hit Elessar but was dodged by Elessar and hit the spear, which broke. Nick threw the spear away and drew out his own sword. Then Nick and Nafsid engaged in combat, with Elessar standing a few feet away, drawing his bowstring waiting for a good, clean shot that would be lethal.

Then all of a sudden, it happened. Each champion asked himself why were they fighting. They all stopped fighting and all hell broke loose. Demons came up from cracks in the earth that weren't there before. Everyone understood what was happening, since the champions and the armies had stopped fighting, they couldn't quench the demons thirst for battle, so the demons had came up, with a lust for blood. The prophecy had came true. If at anytime, the demons thirst for battle will not be quenched, they will come up and quench it themselves. This started the Great Old War again, the war that will never be won, that will never end as long as we walk upon this earth. The war of Good Vs. Evil.
-------------------------------------------------------

That's it. Sorry about the surprise ending, I had to end it some-how, or it would literally be so long, it would be a novel.
I refuse your reality and substitute my own.

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

blackfire825
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!