Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Zodiac Academy (Martial Arts RP) Signup/OOC

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Re: Zodiac Academy (Martial Arts RP) Signup/OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 am

Good. You are accepted. Be more specific on fighting style because every fighting style is a martial art.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macfluffers on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Is it okay if I act out the teacher for the weapons class? I don't want to make a whole new character (unless you want me to), I was just thinking of him being an NPC to help move the story during the class-scenes. Is that all right?
"We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

macfluffers
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:03 am

Its ok. Just do it.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:45 am

Name: Horurinjiru, Iyasu
Role: Student
Class: 2-A
Appearance: Image
Fighting style: Taichi, Bagua, Shin Yi, Shaolin, Muay Thai, and Jiujutsu. (Katsujin Ken) / Dual-Blade Swordsman
Special move: Iyasu tends to combine his martial arts and sword fighting techniques together, by making a large combo of all of the most deadly moves and stances of each art, and the agile movement of the blades.
Subjects: Technique Refining, Patrol, Special Techniques, Philosophy, and Weapon classes.
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Eccentric; Calm, Caring, Adventurous, Social, Intelligent, and a knack to always find something interesting.
Bio: Although Iyasu was born under a large upper class family, the Horurinjiru did not like the city life, and technology it brings. Unlike the rest of his family, Iyasu adored certain and the most sophisticated technologies extremely interesting. Although he found many things interesting, for it to be technology was very unusual. Even still, Iyasu stayed within the old ways of life, and lived with his family within a large feudal castle-like estate. There, Iyasu could practice what he loved most, and was interested beyond belief, and that was martial arts. He studied only the best arts in the warrior's opinion; Taichi, Bagua, Shin Yi, Shaolin, Muay Thai, and Jiujutsu. He also learned the way of the sword and the teachings of the Samurai. He began with a dual-wielding style, idolizing Miyamoto Musashi, a great swordsman from the Edo Era of Japan. In order to test, improve, and spread his skills, he travels away from home and his private tutors to Zodiac Academy.

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:22 am

OK Join. You are accepted.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macfluffers on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:06 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

That's a lot of styles. How can his head keep so many different martial art theories, especially when the styles conflict?

macfluffers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:34 pm

He has his own theories on Martial Arts (Bruce Lee ftw), and only takes the most important pieces out of those arts, and combines them. He is under the martial art faction of Katsujin Ken, which is like Yang in Yin and Yang, and has his beliefs that martial arts should not conflict with each other, but combine into an ultimate life style that is approved of all. Sorry for speaking in third person, but your asking about him, not me. XP

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:30 pm

hope i'm not too late

Name: Etrius Briggs
Class: 3A
Appearance: Short, lithe, silver hair that reaches his shoulders, thin but sharp features
Fighting style: Basic street fighter, forced to join the school because of his father, who is a karate exibition fighter. Focuses on stuff that looks like Capoeira and does anything to win.
Special move: Skyraider. Basically jumps and spins midair, staying up with momentum alone, and lashing out with feet in all directions.
Subjects:Theory: discipline, philosophy, literature and self control, Patrol, technique refining, weaponry, gym, chi control. (Hope it's not too much)
Sexuality: Hetero, though has little interest
Personality: Aggressive and destructive. Likes to get into fights for fun, if not to prove he can fight despite his size. Shows off without knowing it because he's constantly on full power.
Bio: Etrius was born into a rich and heavily respected family with many ties to martial arts, mainly karate. Learned to fight with his grandfather, who constantly got into brawls and barfights. His father was disgusted when he first saw Etrius fight, and made him swear never to fight like an animal again. Etrius refused, and fought his father on the spot, puting the man into the hospital. To make sure this would never happen again, Briggs sent his son to the Zodiac Accademy, hoping and praying that Etrius would work it out of his system.

sry if it's too overkill, just wanted to add a 'bad boy' type into the story ^^
We are who we are, not who we are meant to be, and anyone who says otherwise deserves what they get...which in my case would be a whole lot of freaking lead.
And here's my rp: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=37462

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macfluffers on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Kenichi: I don't see why you're apologizing. We are talking about a character, so third person makes more sense than first person.

You seem to have a misunderstanding of what "katsujin ken" really means. A katsujin ken is an object (literally "sword that gives life"), and an idea that may represent a philosophy, but it is not a philosophy by itself. Also, yin and yang can indeed conflict with each other. They're opposites, after all.

And even if he does think that the styles should not conflict with each other, it does not make it correct. For example, the theories and practices of Shaolin Kung Fu and Taijiquan are completely different, Shaolin Kung Fu being a waijia (external) style, while Taijiquan is a neijia (internal) style. They simply don't work together, and you can't use both philosophies at the same time, in the same way you can't stand in two different stances at once. You either use one or the other.

Sorry if I seem too critical, it's just that your character seems a bit Sue-ish to me, being an encyclopedia of martial art knowledge.

macfluffers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:27 am

Wow. I see what you mean. XP I never really payed attention to all of it that much.

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:55 am

is it too late to join? if so, then ill leave.

Pride
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macfluffers on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Kenichi: There's nothing wrong with a character knowing multiple styles, I'm just a little concerned about your character being overpowered. That said, your character isn't necessarily imbalanced, but rather I can imagine him being used in an imbalanced way. It all depends on how you play him.

macfluffers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Also Kenichi, I know I am not in the rp yet, but I want to give some friendly criticizing. If you plan to play that many martial arts, make sure you know the style or at least research it. Also some of the styles does not match so you need to know what, because of your special technique. For instance, I don't believe you can use an offensive combo with Tai Chi and Muay Thai because of their concept. True they both can kill, but the stance and style is different. Usually, Tai Chi is a non-offensive thing and often wait for the enemy to attack for counter attack, though it can be offensive. The Tai Chi is also a slow moving patience martial arts that does not mix well with Muay Thai fast pace aim to kill move.

But I do have to say, nice choice of martial arts though I would replace duel swordmanship for one sword, preferably a Kodachi and Mua Thai with some sort of kenpo in which case, you can use a kodachi for defensive measure and one-handed kenpo to aim at vital points and such.

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Its not too late. Alwayzfree you are accepted as long as your character isnt too aggressive and can evolve in discipline.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenichi on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Thanks fopr the tips, but the reason I picked all of them, was one because they are my favorite arts, and two the combination of these arts and their techniques would empower all of his attributes. I don't technically mean to make a god, but to be able to control my character in a way I can use a ton of techniques and styles to adapt to the situation. An example would be going against someone else who uses Muay Thai. Using Muay Thai against him would probably not be a good idea, because I don't know who has the better concept of it. So instead, I use a combination of different styles to not only confuse him, but to also find a way around dificult techniques that he uses. Such as, the combination of Tai Chi, Bagua, and Shin Yi, along with a little bit of Shaolin. I admit, I don't know much about most of the techniques, but even with few knowledge, a few times six could be a lot. Also, the reason I picked to weapons was for one to be offense, and the other, defense. And when I said combine, I didn't mean use them all at once, but to switch between them. I could explain everthing about my character, but it would take so long, I would have to make a Harry Potter series. The point of all of these styles combined was to make a new martial art with pieces from the greatest.

Kenichi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Before I continue it their a limit to special techniques?

EDIT
But you see in reality, learning a few technique of different style is very difficult to do and to be able to use and switch them effectively is even harder. Also the way you explain it also make is sound sort of god-like. To be able to counter other people single martial arts with many technique with many martial arts with few technique is highly illogical realistically and only masters can do so in real life. Though this is a rp so I digress.

Also empower all his attributes is exactly what I mean, being only at the age of 17 his attributes should not be anything too extreme. Seeing your avatar, I believe you got some of the idea from that anime, but you see, kenichi does not have all powerful attribute beside his endurance. And if you continue you would see he only know 4-3 moves of art. I believe your char is not mary-sueish if you play it right so I am just going to have to trust you.

Duel Swordmanship is more offense than defense if I see the style right, unless you are using a katana and a kodachi and please don't tell me you use two katana. Katana are meant for single hand and the weight and length of the katana is not the right choice for duel swordsmanship.

Last but not least, it is better to detail you char the best you can rather than give a short summary so you don't get into this problem with people complaining. Make it to the best of your effort. Now I don't mean a entire harry potter series just more detail of your martial arts.

EDIT EDIT: someone post so I can put up my char XD
Last edited by Pride on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Samantha on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:49 pm

i have to drop out, school is getting in the way
Image Image Image Image Image It is proven that 90% of teens would have a mental breakdown if Miley Cyrus were to stand on the edge of a 6 story building

Post this in your sig if you are the 10% yelling "JUMP B!TCH!!"

Samantha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:03 pm

(If it a bit overpower let me know, I openly accept criticism ^^, even though I practice martial arts this is my first rp in it so please tell me if there is anything wrong)
Name: Shinn Aster
Class: 1-A
Appearance:Image

Fighting style: The first martial arts he had learn to use and his main style for unarm combat is Tai Kwon Do , but when he get serious, or fighting girls, he will begin using Xinyi Liuhe with a mix of Tai Chi. It is rumor that he had developed or is developing his own style, yet no one had seen it. He did not start off as a martial artist, but began as a swordsman learning Kenjutsu and Battojutsu and even some Iajutsu from his father, though he had only once pulled out his swords in the academy and that was when he fought the weapon class instructor.

All his fighting styles depend on the use of speed and evasive action before offensive more than anything else. Although he a above average endurance, he lacks the natural defense to survive to many powerful hits in a long term battle. The speed and evasive action is merely use for two reasons, one to fatigue his enemy, and two, to give him time to think of a strategy. Though his speed is nearly unmatchable, his intelligence is his trump card. He relies largely on his chi control to combat his average strength. His key weakness is his stubbornness to think of a strategy when no strategy can be seen and that may lead to his downfall.

Special move:
Flash Strike-his version of a Iajutsu swift draw in which he uses almost god-like speed to draw his sword in a quick motion and at the same time using the face of the blade to reflect light at the enemy eyes while he draw to temporarily blind them for just a few moment, which would be enough for him to deliver a killing blow.

In Tai Kwon Do, he also tends to use feints a lot whether it be one feint or multiple ones.

Sky Collide with Earth- A tai kwon do move in which he kick his enemy upward into the sky and use an axe kick focusing all his power of that single downward vertical movement to destroy the enemy.

Earth Repel the Sky- A move after his Sky Collide with Earth where he use the Axe Kick and then release his leg to allow his target to bounce upward releasing a flurry of low and mid kicks to keep his opponent airborne before kicking him upwards again.

Sky Reject Earth- The final combo of his Tai Kwon Do move in which he goes airborne himself after The Earth Repel the Sky and unleashes one kick and going back to the ground before jumping again to release another making his opponent go higher and higher before finishing it with another powerful Axe kick in Mid-Air.
All of the Tai Kwon Doe attack counts as one special, it is just broken apart so he can show mercy when needed.

Xinyi Liuhe/Tai Chi
Patience-A move in which he stand in a full defensive stance and focusing all his senses to evade and repel the enemy attack to tire them out.

The Uraate technique can be seen in both of the move below in which you shift the point of impact to strike the exact center of an object. An expert user can strike at any point as long as there an object to transmit their chi.

Shinirikugō Taihōtenshi Tsūhaiken-A very famous Zinyi Liuhe move in which a punch is unleash on a solid object to act as a medium transmit Chi through the object and to the target without harming the medium itself. In other words it is a move in which you a hit a wall and attack the person behind the wall without harming the wall itself.

Hakka Soudou Shō- A move translate to 8 Trigram Double Palm Thrust in which you strike the enemy and during contact, you unleash a large amount of Ki and blow them away. He can also use this with one hand.

Subjects: Chi Control. Philosophy, Weaponry, Acupuncture, Medical studies, he also have class in Technique Refining and Special Technique, though he rarely ever show up (meaning he skips.)
Sexuality: straight

Personality: A prodigy shielded by his personality, meaning his personality does not convince other that he is a prodigy and is a 1-A student. He is kind and caring especially to those of the opposite gender. He does not brag nor does he try to show off his skills publicly, and is the humble to the truest of the word. He is also very rebellious and lazy and tends to cause trouble rather than stop it. He is also a bit relaxed and one of his hobbies is watching cloud and philosophizing. An idealist at heart, he usually think about stuff that other don’t usually think about.

He does however have one special trait that can alone prove of him being a prodigy, which is his endless hunger for knowledge and constant disapproval of his skills. When he is skipping class, he could be found either in a secret training ground to refine his skills by himself or the library reading about anything he haven’t read. He had learned to control it by now though it still shows.

However, if you choose to battle him, you will see why he got so far. In battle, already practicing self-control and releasing emotion when he was young, he is calm and quiet showing no sign of negative emotion on his face. He will analyze the situation, his opening, and his surrounding from the start and uses everything to his advantage. He will match his power slightly lower than his opponent often so he can catch the person off guard when he actually use his full power and deliver that one deadly blow. When he is serious however, he will use full power from the start.

Bio: He was raised to be a martial artist from the start by his parents and sensei that were hired to train him. At the age of 7, he showed amazing growth that even surpasses his father who was known as “The swordsman that cannot be seen”. His father saw this as an opportunity and hired other master that practices unarmed combat rather than swordsmanship to teach him.

Out of the 8, he refuses to learn from all but two believing in the idea that “overfilling your cup will be as useless as a cup empty” or in other terms, learning too much will lead to learning nothing. At the age of 11, he was sent to the Zodiac Academy, and he saw this as an opportunity to be treated like a normal person. He however could not control his hunger for knowledge and constant disapproval of his skills, which led him to climb through the rank and nearly completing school at the age of 11. He left the school momentarily after that and trained himself in self-control and discipline. Returning after 5 year, he continue his school year and successfully fell 1-A twice and still “stuck” in school at the age of 18
Last edited by Pride on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pride
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:58 pm

It IS a bit overpowered. Way too many special techniques and do you think a 16 year old can be so good in all those fighting styles?

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Well I am 17 and I fair a bit good at each I will change the age as well as limit the special like I say, I only do realistic martial arts and this seem a bit fantasy. Also please refer the tai kwon doe special as one single one, I just broke it apart to show mercy like I stated.

Also the Uraate itself is not a special, I just lift it as the mechanism for the two move below. i will erase the flash dragon leaving me with 6 still and that why I try to ask you what the limit.

Pride
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!