Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

ACV Decistor

ACV Decistor

a part of “ACV Decistor”, a fictional universe by Vyral.

Stranded beyond the borders of known space, the crew of the stricken battleship Decistor find the odds stacked against them as they struggle to find their way home.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “ACV Decistor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: ACV Decistor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 pm

I agree. I created the desc. of my guy then found a photo to match. I understand completely not wanting to put a photo there, you may not be able to find one that reflects your true look for the person.

Throwing up an image of a ship or something could still work so it just isn't blank. Everyone do as they please with that, it is all good.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:18 am

I have my exam tomorrow so I cant post today. Also I think you should add a picture in the RP avatar place.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poopycoconut on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 pm

I like to draw pictures of my characters themselves, after I make them. I wish my tablet weren't broken though, and I'm forbidden access to a scanner until next week. (。-_-。) Poops. Also, what do the uniforms look like? Are they anything like in Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, etc.?

poopycoconut
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:05 am

The first post is underway, guys. It's going to be a collaborative effort, so I'm just waiting on Chuckles (information was sent to you via PM) to add his pieces. In the mean-time the setting will be shortly after the battle. Victorious, the ship is heading back towards home via a slip-stream style jump-space. The first set of posts will be in this. The crew will be celebrating, mourning comrades lost in this battle and the war and so on. You can start your posts now but don't post them yet. Once the first post is done you can edit your posts if you wanted to add more information and then you can begin posting.

If anyone finds a decent picture for the roleplays avatar, let me know. I've yet to find anything I like, but I shall add one once I do.

As for uniforms, I imagined them in that vein, yeah. Navy coloured, most likely. Go wild with how you want it to look, though. If it's awesome, it'll stick. :)

Thanks!

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:26 pm

http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images ... eater_Good).JPG (the whole thing is the link not only till 'Good')

http://www.randomprodinc.com/wp-content ... g-ship.png (the lower half)

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:03 pm

I couldn't get the first link to change, even with a few tweaks to the URL. However, I thought that the picture in the second link was pretty sweet. I'll give the other guys a chance to have a look and offer any other images they come across but for now that'll be the one most likely to get used. Have to check the copyright, of course.

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 am

Code: Select all
http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images/3/37/Spaceship_(The_Greater_Good).JPG

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashtonwolf on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:22 pm

This reminds me too much of Pandorum but i might join

Ashtonwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Pandorum is the film, right? I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard about it. From what I gather it is in the horror genre. Whilst the crew will be subjected to horrible situations, there won't be any murderers/aliens stalking the ship and killing people off one by one. Well, not unless one of the characters snaps, anyway. This is a story about a condensed society stranded in space.

You are welcome to join. As of this moment the first post is still in progress, so you can join without being behind. You can sit around and watch for a bit too, see if you like what is happening, and then slip in later if you prefer that, too, though.

Vyral
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashtonwolf on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Yeah,you should see it though i mean its scary to watch a bit but im gonna go ahead and join

Ashtonwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Wed May 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Vyral wrote:The first post is underway, guys.

As I PMd, I'm talking to Chuckles now.

If I find a pic I will let you know. I may have a few stored away.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 pm

As far as Pandorum goes, I don't think that this RP has much in common with it other than them both being set aboard ships. They have vastly different plots. Pandorum is good and in my bluray collection, but what I would really want to see is a movie set in the aftermath of what unfolds. Unfortunately it did not do well enough in theaters for that to happen.

And forget about a pic for the ship from me, most of the images I had saved up were for a scavenger ship RP that failed to get active a few years back, they aren't fit to represent a battle ship.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Fri May 04, 2012 8:16 pm

The first post has now been added to the activity tab. All players are welcome to begin posting at their leisure. The ship is currently in jumps-space on a course set for their home system. I look forwards to seeing your stuff!

Vyral
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri May 04, 2012 9:31 pm

"On a course" for their "Home system"

and of course by that he means "about to be screw-ed." :D

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun May 06, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm off tomorrow, going to see The Avengers in IMAX 3D. Should be able to get a post in the morning or afternoon before that though.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poopycoconut on Mon May 07, 2012 12:33 am

Shit yes. Gonna work on my post now. I'm imagining all the pilots who are glad to be alive patting each other on the backs and promising each other a drink when they come home. I find it sort of hilarious for some reason.
I'm on summer vacation where I live, so I should have a lot of time to commit to this roleplay for now.

poopycoconut
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Mon May 07, 2012 4:53 pm

A few of you guys have written in your posts that something has gone horribly wrong during the jump. To clarify, the jump has proceeded completely as normal. Aside from the outstanding damage to the ship no more has been sustained due to the jump. The ship will be in-jump for a couple of days IC. Once they exit jump I will reveal what happens to the ship. Until then, all the characters are perfectly safe unless they were injured personally during the fighting or a damaged area of the ship breaches further.

Please edit your posts accordingly. I would appreciate a message once you have done so, so I know who I need to track down.

Thanks!

Vyral
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 am

It will be edited in a matter of minutes.

Knowing the ship will be stranded lead to that and a poster previous to me set it up to be a disastrous thing, just wanted the post in I promised. Looks like everyone who has actually replied is going off that notion :p .

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 am

There will be plenty of horrible things to come :3

Vyral
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poopycoconut on Tue May 08, 2012 5:19 am

HHHHAAAAAA OH GOD I'M SO SORRY. I supposed I should've clarified that Travis is a newcomer to the field, and he hasn't been accustomed to the feeling of a jump yet. My bad.

poopycoconut
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!