Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Archstone [OOC: Closed, not accepting at this time.]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Archstone [OOC: Closed, not accepting at this time.]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Archstone
Story inspired by Friends, the TV show.

New York is just the place that lets you to live life on your own terms, and your own rules. This is the story of six friends who live in the Archstone Apartments in New York City, and they know more than anyone how hard life really is. Living a hectic city life, no day is routine, and not a moment dull. They're faced with challenges every day, whether it be work-related, or personal. But no matter how hard those real life issues and drama might shoot them down, they seek refuge at home, with their friends.

What once started out as a group of four friends, has slowly over the years grown to six. And perhaps that number is still growing. Some have known each other for years, others only months. Only time will tell if the group can hold their strong bond, or if the pressure of life, work, and love will drive them apart.

Apartment 7A:
1 - PerfectlyBroken
2 - ImmortalSin
3 - justmannieee

Apartment 7B:
1 - ihearyousinging
2 - chexmix5
3 - CleverScreenNameHere

Character Sheet:
Code: Select all
Name:

Physical Description: (Realistic pictures only, please.)

Biography: (Please give at least five lines.)

Last edited by Starbuck on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously known as PerfectlyBroken.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Archstone [OOC: Closed, not accepting at this time.]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby justmannieee on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Name: Zoe Jane O'Neil

Physical Description:

Biography: Zoe Jane O'Neil grew up in Boston with her older brother Ethan. They developed a close relationship, thanks to their parents being fairly absent from their lives. They moved to New York the summer before Zoe's eight grade year, Ethan's ninth. Zoe has always quite artsy; always doodling and being crafty. Throughout high school, Zoe took numerous art classes and her work often found it's way into galleries around New York City. Sometimes her sculptures would be featured, sometimes her paintings, and sometimes even her jewelry pieces. After high school she attended a small art college, but soon dropped out (age 20) and moved in with her brother at Archstone. Zoe was ready to be out in the real world and if her art couldn't carry her through life, she'd find jobs here and there to help, anything to further her art. For the past three years, Zoe has been working as a bartender, although her art is still her main focus. Eventually Julianne Whitman, a friend and struggling journalist, moved in with Zoe and Ethan, and is now considered part of the family. After meeting more and more people, Ethan moved into the apartment next door with some of his friends, and Zoe stayed put with Julianne and their newest addition, Kristine, a friend of Julianne.
Last edited by justmannieee on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dead...
>> Salone Tarlton in New York University; Realistic/Modern College
>> Zoe Jane O'Neil in Archstone; Realistic/Modern "Friends" Theme
>> Anastasie Badeau & André Laroque in Care to Dance; Non-Twilight Vampire
>> Maeryn Burke in Hamilton Academy; Realistic/Modern Boarding School
>> Acelynn Tantler in La Guerre d'Amour; OnexOne

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

justmannieee
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ihearyousinging on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Name: Ethan O'Neil

Physical Description: Image

Biography: Growing up in Boston, Ethan finds a struggle to differentiate the New York accent between that of his hometown, but since he's lived in the city since high school, he does a pretty good job of it. He found himself being the 'everyman' for as long as he could remember -- a writer, a self-proclaimed 'nerd', and yet the stereotypical star of his college baseball team. Those days were a few years gone now, though, and he'd found himself with a degree in Secondary Education and a job at an inner-city high school teaching everything from Shakespeare to Walt Whitman. His vice is the occasional cigarette, but he's trying to quit. Don't judge him. He's a free spirit, despite the suit and tie forced upon him every Monday through Friday, and loves being spontaneous. Ethan has lived at Archstone for a little over 3 years now, with no plans of leaving in the near future. He's surrounded by the city he loves, close friends, and free weekends, and couldn't ask for anything better.
Last edited by ihearyousinging on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, dream dreamer. When you gonna come with me? I've been dreaming about your company. There's no sense living life with your eyes held closed so tight. You can put your hand in mine, don't you know you're all I dream?

ihearyousinging
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Name: Jonathan (Jon) Matthews

Biography: Jon grew up in New orleans, Louisiana. His father walked out on the family when he was only two, so he never knew the guy. He lived with his mother until he was 14, when she was murdered. He was then forced to move in with his Aunt and Uncle who lived in New York City. It was a big change, from deep South to far North, but he adjusted eventually. After finishing high school, John attended college and is now a radio personality for a local station in NYC. He decided he needed a new place to stay, and so he moved in with his long time friend Ethan.

(hope it's ok i said we were friends, i figured we would be seeing as how we share an apartment.)

(Also edited in the picture. Thanks Perfectlybroken!)
Last edited by chexmix5 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Thanks guys, for getting those up so soon! <3 As far as history with the friends, or being related to anyone...that's all up to you. I would suggest either asking in here, or PMing someone first though. Either way, I'm up for anything with Julianne. =)

Name: Julianne (Juli, Juls) Whitman
Biography: Julianne Whitman was born in October 1984, the last child after two older brothers. Growing up in Southern California, her childhood was pretty normal, or at least as much as it could be. In high school her grades were fairly average, aisde from the English and Creative Writing classes that she excelled in. It was then that her teachers saw her potential and enrolled her in more advanced classes that helped get her into college at Long Beach State University. But after getting her degree, it didn't take a genious to realize that the Los Angeles area wasn't exactly the best place for anyone, unless you were in the music or film business. So, after interviewing for the New York Times, Julianne was hired as in intern and packed her bags to move to the East Coast.

It has taken a year for Juli to work her way up at the paper, but even still, she only works a small column about once a week. The kind that no one really reads, except for maybe her friends, out of support. She was lucky enough to meet Zoe and eventually find that her and her brother needed a roommate. After meeting them both, it was an easy decision on her part on whether or not she would move in with them. The rent was cheap, and they seemed nice, at least compared to the other obnoxious New Yorkers she'd come across. Living there deep in the city has still been pretty scary for Juli, and definitely a culture shock for her, but at least she's been able to get by with her new friends that she now considers family.
Last edited by Starbuck on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby justmannieee on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm up for being a little sister to someone, or possibly a twin..... Noah, you interested? :D

justmannieee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ihearyousinging on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Sure Mannie, sounds good. =)

ihearyousinging
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:37 am

It's great to see this up! We're in the middle of moving at the moment and it might take me another day or so to get up my Character Sheet (sorry in advance) but I'm really looking forward to role playing with you all.

I'll edit this post as soon as I have more time. As for siblings and/or colleagues, anything goes. But she'll probably be reasonably new to town.

Name: Kristine (Kris) Richardson
Biography: Nothing in Kris' life so far had been planned, and that was exactly the way she liked it. From her unpredictable job, to the clothes she wore, to the way she acted and even the city she resided in you could easily make the assumption that she had no idea what she was doing in life. And if you had chosen to make that assumption, you were probably right.

Freedom was the most important thing to her - money and possessions were nowhere near as precious. Her parents had always taken things far too seriously and as a child she'd often not see them for days at a time. That was one of the main reasons why she was so easy-going and carefree. She's somewhat scared of commitment and tends to flake when under pressure.

The two years of college she'd just completed had been interesting, but not particularly useful. You could only be taught so much when it came to photography, the rest you had to feel and figure out yourself. Besides, she could count how many lectures she'd actually been awake for on one hand. Most of those had been spent day dreaming anyway.

After deciding that it was once again time for a change, Kris had found herself in New York. For the first few weeks it had been a lonely and confusing experience but she'd found a friend in Julianne Whitman who she had stumbled across whilst hassling one of her colleagues to take a look at her latest shots. The two had known each other as children and immediately hit it off. That was how she'd managed to become the newest inhabitant of Apartment 7A at Archstone.

Edited, finally. Please excuse my lack of knowledge when geography is involved. I'm from Australia so I'm pretty dense when it comes to the States. :s
Last edited by ImmortalSin on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 am

Noah & Mannie - If you guys are going to be related, is it okay to say that maybe they were the first to move into the apartment in the beginning?

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby justmannieee on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:51 am

So Zoe can be Ethan's little (by two years) sister.... Maybe they're parents weren't around much, so they depended on each other growing up? I'd like them to have a very close relationship, if that's cool with you, Noah? They moved from Boston to New York and have lived in there since Ethan started high school (Zoe was in 8th grade). We moved into the same apartment at Archstone three years ago (Zoe=20, Ethan=22). Once they got to know more people in the city, they moved into separate apartments with friends (boys with boys, girls with girls). Sound good to you? (Oh, and changed Zoe's last name to O'Neil as well.)

Maybe Juls met Zoe by doing an article on her art work?? They could have gotten to know each other, and eventually move in together at Archstone, maybe even living with just Zoe & Ethan for a while (until a boy friend for Ethan to move in with comes along, lol).

Just throwing around ideas.. Let me hear yours?? :D

justmannieee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Sounds good, I've updated my bio, so you can read what I put there. =)

Kristine could always be a friend of Julianne's from California, whichever you like.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Name: Gabriel (Gabe) Thomas Murphy

Biography: Gabe was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. His parents got divorced, so he lived with his dad while his mother got custody of his younger sister. He was taught to work hard because nothing in life ever came easy. He studied hard in school and received top grades in his class, but to the shock of many people, he chose to “throw it all away” by going to culinary school. He could’ve been something great, but he chose to become a chef. His father was supportive of his decisions and even allowed him to stay at home so that he didn’t have to pay for apartment rent and everything.

After finishing culinary school, he immediately got a job at Serafina, one of New York’s best restaurants. There is extremely stiff competition within the restaurant, but Gabe managed to climb the ladder of success and has achieved the status of a sous-chef. With a decent-paying job, he has decided to move out of his dad’s place in Brooklyn and into an apartment in Manhattan. He is the new guy at room 7B at Archstone Apartments, but he is confident that he will make new friends with the people he is living with.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

CleverScreenNameHere
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:45 pm

ImmortalSin wrote:Edited, finally. Please excuse my lack of knowledge when geography is involved. I'm from Australia so I'm pretty dense when it comes to the States. :s

Oh, don't you worry about a thing. I live in the US, and even I don't know a lot about the geography, or even New York that well. I guess that's where playing characters new to the city come in handy. =D

Thanks for getting your profiles in so quickly. <3

I'd like to get this started hopefully at least by Monday night, but we'll wait for one more profile first.If you guys want to go over anything, or if you have any questions...just ask. =)

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Well i've edited in everything except my characters picture. I honestly have no clue where to go to find a decent picture anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 pm

No problem. =)

Looks like I'll try to get this started tomorrow night, then. =D

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby justmannieee on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 am

YAY, I'm quite excited to get this RP on a roll :D

justmannieee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Me toooo. =P

IC is up now! I'll be getting in my post later tonight, just wanted to get it started...so you guys can feel free to start posting anywhere at this point. Let's just start with a Saturday morning. You can have them at work, in town...although the apartment would probably be the better chance for group interaction. =)

archstone-t28270.html

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 am

Name: Jack Reid

Physical Description: Image (Also wears a black jacket.)

Biography: Jack was born in England but moved to New York at the age of two. At the age of five he found he could play an acoustic and sing rather well.
At the age of thirteen he developed an interest in Rock and Heavy Metal music, he performed several times in school talent shows and in school bands.

Like any other musical performer he went to musical arts school, and learnt how to play many types of different gutairs, he's had alot of fun and met quite a few friends. He enjoys pizza, pistachio nuts and weeties cheese chips. He likes those last ones alot.

At the age of 20 they started there own band called Rage, they not immensely popular or well known but they play in night clubs and such. He also has a second job of being a cab driver, hey in New York, that earns good money.
He takes up residence in Apartment building B.
Hey doods, whas hapening I wus like, ow my fraken head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put soap in em :P - Gir - Invader Zim

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:54 am

Hey, sorry...as the title says, we're full and not accepting new characters at this time. I will let you know if a spot opens up. =)

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby justmannieee on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Hey everyone! Sorry for taking a while to get my first post up and sorry for such a short one. I just saw a perfect, little opening for Zoe to join in. Hope it's dandy with you guys?? :D

Also, I'm starting classes tomorrow morning, only Tuesdays and Thursdays though, and my class load is fairly simple, so I shouldn't have too much trouble keeping up!

justmannieee
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!