Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:47 pm

PLEASE be creative! I want all kinds of people. Any character that is average will be REJECTED. Have fun, take a chance for that crazy character you wanted to make as long as it fits a respective Avatar.

Also, there will be up to 8 Avatars since they're supposed to reach people across the world.

And for those who are stumbling across this and may be interested, please check out the interest check thread: modern-day-fantasyrp-interest-check-t29468.html

Character skeleton:

Name:
Image or description(real pictures and anime welcome):
Gender/Age:
Goddess:
Original Avatar description from interest check thread:
Bio/personality:

Original descriptions for easy access-

Gaia's Avatar- Control of the earth and the ability to sprout plant-life from almost anything. Also can 'see' one's biological life-line and can heal. Generally has a more 'survival of the fittest' way of thinking and has little understanding of emotional connections that interfere with one's health and survival.

Luna's Avatar- Can control water, mist, fog, storms, and ice formations. Generally very calm and studious and the most accepting of the four, willing to consider almost any possibility. Is also minorly psychic and a telepath.

Solaris' Avatar- Can control fire, heat-including thermals-, can bend light and glow once powerful enough. Generally very passionate and short-tempered. Is a skilled fighter and follows a strict code of honor in everything they do and is violently loyal.

Shadine's Avatar- Can maipulate shadows and emotions, can also 'see' death. Generally is very solomn and pessammistic, but is also bi-polar in that they can easily and quickly change to combative or hyper. Has a great understanding of how the world really works and happily exploits this to their advantage. Is loyal if it serves them.
~No one will notice a twist of Asphodel~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celtious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Avatars of the Goddesses OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Name: Reiiyn (ray-en) Meurinoxt

Image or description: Image

Gender/Age: Female, 16

Goddess: Luna

Original Avatar description from interest check thread: Can control water, mist, fog, storms, and ice formations. Generally very calm and studious and the most accepting of the four, willing to consider almost any possibility. Is also minorly psychic and a telepath.

Personality: Reiiyn is one of the most distant people you could fine, someone difficult to crack into. She's blunt. She's gentle. She's observational and cautious with a streak of sarcasm. You wouldn't expect her to speak very loudly, since she usually speaks in murmurs and whispers. She's sometimes unresponsive if she finds no need to speak, and will ignore you if she finds no interest in the topic, or the person in general. She avoids all conflict if possible, and prefers to stay out of arguments and problems.
However, she's not cold and ruthless, simply just quiet. In fact, the girl has a spot for tenderness and hospitality. But, just a bit...apathetic.

So yes.

She's the tough cookie with an inner gooiness deep deep down. Really deep down.

Bio: Reiiyn was born on a cold and bitter night of December 21, when the fog was thick and difficult to drive through. Although, as given earlier notice, her mother didn't recognize that her baby girl would be born one month premature, and out popped a tiny and frail infant. She was driven to the hospital immediately, but the fog was too thick to see anything, anywhere. And so, the hospital came to her. She was brought through heavy medications, and wasn't thought to survive to celebrate her first birthday. But as if a miracle happened, she survived it, and by the age of 1, after her birthdays, it was declared that was was strong enough to begin taking pills and medicines to keep her healthy, so if she takes them for at least ten years, twice per day.

And she did just that.

She was kept indoors for the whole time, forbidden to go outside after school to play, as much as she wanted to. She was usually confined to the mansion, with the exception of heading out to the porch for some fresh air. How she remained skinny to the bone without that exercise, she didn't know. She was scrawny, bony, and was constantly made fun of, a teasing target by the other students. This carried on for six years, from the first day she stepped into kindergarten up to grade 6. Mind you, Reiiyn was an intelligent and open girl, just nobody seemed to care. As her grades rose, her social status seemed to fall, and then she was deemed a 'nerd' or 'geek'. Her wealthy parents were rarely home; they were always at work and left food on the tables for her. Although, on that fortunate 12th, lonely birthday, with a sight of the white teddy bear holding a lavendar birthday card, she had to reread it three times to register.

Happy Birthday, Reiiyn, and you must be wondering why we have left no big present for you this year. We've decided, both of us, that the best present is your life is now free. No more medicines for you, young lady! You can go out to play now, join sports, do whatever you want with your life. We're terribly sorry for your past years, we know it must have been miserable, but think about it. You're free now. Happy birthday honey, good luck.

Of course, it was difficult to redeem her status at school, but after winter break was over, she came to the new year with a fresh start and seemed to glow and shine with a certain mystical radiance no one else had. She grew even more insightful, intelligent, and into a beautiful girl. It took one year, yes, but by the time she was in grade 8, every genuine guy wanted her. Reiiyn found the time to take some sports, when she wasn't playing music, and her body became curved and toned, finally finding signs of maturing after all those bare years before. Without the medications, she was a whole different person, and as high school began, she was one of the more popular girls in the crowd. She didn't hang out with the preps, it just seemed that everyone seemed to know, and love the quiet girl. Even when she barely spoke at all, didn't give a damn to the others, and was rather stoic, many people found that intriguing and sexy. Yes, she was rather aware of that, but still showed no sliver of emotion into it. As of today, now in Grade 11, leading what most would believe to be the perfect life, the only thing this cautious girl isn't wary of, is the reason why she preferred night over day, rain over sun, winter over summer, and HOW she could predict other people's actions and what will come out of their mouth.

(( Ooh... my fingers hurt ;A; ))
Last edited by fumeii on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fumeii
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:58 pm

I am interested in joining this. I would like to have a spot as Gaia's Avatar. I will post up my sheet after my classes are done.
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby triblade on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Can you reserve me Shadine's Avatar?
I will post the character sheet later today.

triblade
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:07 pm

can I reserve Shadine's Avatar I'll post my character sheet once I'm get back promise ^^
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Name:Hellia Dilk
Image or description(real pictures and anime welcome):Image
Gender/Age:Female, 15
Goddess:Shadine
Original Avatar description from interest check thread:....? *give me a minute on that...*
personality:Very open-minded and kind, she is the type who'd risk her all for a complete stranger. She loves to be odd and diffrent, but also loves to have a place. She can easily fit in, but decides not to. Isn't hard to get next to, and is the exact opposite of her Goddess.

Bio: *I hate them together... I didn't see it* Hellia Dilk has always lived life to the fullest, having no regrets on anything she's done. Though she lived this way, she has never been satisfyed. She always feels as if there is something missing from everything she does. She'd never show or tell that to anyone unless she reallys trusts them. But, as most women, she trusts no one easily. During the first few years of her childhood she has been taught to love your enemies, and to protect yourself against the harsh world around you. To stay forgiving. Her motto is even "Forgive and Forget." Though she held grudges as a child, she eventually rounded to the idea, and now lives as such.
Last edited by Litria Death on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:43 pm

@Fumeii, your spot is reserved because we spoke about it before.

@Lady Ethereal, spot reserved as a thank you for being the first interested in Gaia's Avatar.

@AyaAmayamiyu, you are rejected.

@Litria Death, you are also rejected.

@Everyone else- NO MORE RESERVES! First come, first considered. Also, those without a satisfactory bio AND HISTORY for their characters will be automatically rejected.

Thank you.

Now I will take my time to put in my own character sheet.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Name: Katja von Garmen
Image or description(real pictures and anime welcome): http://keltainen.deviantart.com/art/witch-86291246
Gender/Age: Female/19

Goddess: Shadine or Luna(will place her when I see who we need)

Original Avatar description from interest check thread: Shadine's Avatar- Can manipulate shadows and emotions, can also 'see' death. Generally is very solemn and pessimistic, but is also bi-polar in that they can easily and quickly change to combative or hyper. Has a great understanding of how the world really works and happily exploits this to their advantage. Is loyal if it serves them.

Bio/personality: Katja is the first and only born in a long line of male heirs to a rather dishonorable German family bloodline. Her mother was married when she had an affair with her father and he didn't even know she existed until she was four-months-old through a note left on his windshield. When her mother fell on hard times after being thrown out of the house-her husband found out about the bastard child-, Katja was given to her father's parents to be raised when she was five-years-old.

Since her grandmother had long since divorced her blood-grandfather and remarried, Katja was raised in a good home with solid values and morals... but Katja always felt alone. Since her grandparents worked full-time selling furniture-grandmother- and construction equipment-grandfather-, Katja was usually left to her own devices at home for entertainment and education. She was always ahead of her classmates and was often made fun of for it, and thus learned the sweetness of vengeance and sadism early on.

As she grew, she took in everything she could and taught herself many things including three other languages- English, Japanese, and Spanish. She isn't fluent, but she knows enough to get by in countries that speak those languages. She chose these languages because she loves the sound of Japanese and she has Mexican and 'American' blood. Her grandfather calls it 'mutt blood'. After high school, she went straight into college and is now working for a Bachelor's in Physics. For this degree, however, she has moved to the USA to work as an intern until she earns her degree and can apply to NASA.

Katja usually keeps her herself, finding no use in forming relationships with other people, they're all below her and petty. While everyone else is out partying, Katja is in the backyard staring at the stars or curled up with a video game. She's blunt when she speaks and can sometimes be a loudmouth if not simply boisterous.
Last edited by Celtious on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby triblade on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Name: Squalo Krahs
Image or description(real pictures and anime welcome):Image
Gender/Age: Male 17
Goddess: Solaris
Original Avatar description from interest check thread:Solaris' Avatar- Can control fire, heat-including thermals-, can bend light and glow once powerful enough. Generally very passionate and short-tempered. Is a skilled fighter and follows a strict code of honor in everything they do and is violently loyal.
Bio/personality: Squalo was a war orphan from a place no longer in existence it was completely destroyed in a war. Squalo survived because a soldier found him and brought him back along with him. When they arrived back in the country everything was fine for a while but then people started to notice that he knew the answer to every question people asked him. The government of this country came and took him away from the soldier who a week later had a heart attack. Squalo was unaware of this because this country wished to use his ability to destroy the United States of America and began to run tests on him. The government got him to learn so many combat techniques and war strategies that no matter how many people they put against him and 10 others he could not lose. Finally the government took him to a base blind folded and said once you escape this base you may meet the soldier again. Once he got out of the base he found himself in the middle of the arctic. Some how he survived and made it to a country with large buildings(USA). where Squalo graduated university and became a genius before hiding himself from the public eye. He then became the worlds greatest hacker. His favourite things to hack are the White House Archives, NASA and the Pentagon. He has not been caught yet but it is suspected that he is the hacker because no one knows where to find him.
Last edited by triblade on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triblade
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:28 pm

TRIBLADE YOU STOLE SQUALO T__T EVEN HIS NAME TOO.

fumeii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 am

Name: Kaiae Mereinton.

Image or description(real pictures and anime welcome):

Gender/Age: Female, 18 Years Old.

Goddess: Gaia

Original Avatar description from interest check thread: Gaia's Avatar- Control of the earth and the ability to sprout plant-life from almost anything. Also can 'see' one's biological life-line and can heal. Generally has a more 'survival of the fittest' way of thinking and has little understanding of emotional connections that interfere with one's health and survival.

Bio/personality: Kaiae had a rather normal childhood and was born into a rich family in the Upper East Side of New York. She was an only child and never had a competition for the attention and love of her parents. Thus, everything she wanted was given to her at a mere command. Thus, it had led her to be isolated from the cruelties of life. Especially when her father, a remarkable military officer, had raised her to be superior. In her young mind, she had been trained to be impeccable to the eyes of the public and such. In addition, she had expected that everyone around her is supposed to be submissive and no one was better than she was. With this kind of upbringing, she had begun to be arrogant to a fault and detached from the feelings of others.

This was enhanced further when she had grown up as a dazzling beauty in the world of the rich and the famous. It seemed that the genes of her supermodel mother and the intelligence of her father were passed upon to her. However, she had chosen to start a career in modeling and was greatly welcomed by the fashion society. Nevertheless, her strong yet empty personality served as a hindrance to her at times. It had caused a few fights with fellow models and designers. She did not understand the importance of being humble when she was far better than others were. In this world, her parents had taught her that only the best can be at the top and she was the greatest. In addition, because of her sharp tongue, it had limited her from having friends or even acquaintances. For Kaiae, such occurrences did not affect her at all. She had been raised to be a queen and that was all.

However, she had exerted her frustration in dealing with people towards the plants and animals. In this activity, she had learned to be more gentle and caring. It was due to the inner connection she had with the said organisms. However, she had taken more interest the flora of the world. Thus, she had decided to focus herself towards the plants for they are a lot better than the humans are. Even attending school and societies had been now become a tedious duty for her, she had become stoic to all that would address her. After all, they were all incompetent and too tiresome to be understood. That was her view about the humans. After a few years, she had decided to become a botanist and is currently taking up B.S. Botany in college, which was no problem at all although; her parents were against it until today.

Kaiae is a levelheaded person and would not show her emotions when not needed and can be avoided. She is very frank and never backs down from a challenge. This is due to her pride and stubbornness. She can have mood swings that make her unpredictable. This is the result of her spoiled upbringing. Nevertheless, she has the weakness for animals and especially for the plants. Only in front of these organisms does she show her kindness and true smile.

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby triblade on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 am

Yes I did steal his name and picture but I didn't steal his personality.

triblade
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:59 am

@ Fumeii-accepted

@Lady Enthereal- I could cry. You're accepted!

@ Triblade- pending acceptance.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:30 pm

I am glad that you liked it. I would be waiting for the IC Link then.

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:28 pm

? I fixed mine.. Could you check it please?

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:16 pm

@Litria Death: Seeing how you are STILL missing the entire point and a couple others, still rejected.

@Triblade: Accepted. WHOOT! We are just about ready to start! Alright, let's brainstorm. I would like opinions on how we should all start. We will be going through an 'awakening' meaning we start out before the Avatars are blessed by their goddesses and charged with their 'crusades'.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Well, all of our characters are pretty much, sort of, uhm, normal people at the moment, right? So everyday life might work?

fumeii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm thinking of going through everyone's awakenings through PM, that way I can tend to each character personally and then after that we can get the IC going so we can get them all at least contacting each other or looking for one another.

EDIT~~~~~

Recapping what we have..

Gaia-
Avatar 1-Kaiae Mereinton(Lady Ethereal)

Luna-
Avatar 1: Reiiyn Meurinoxt(Fumeii)

Solaris-

Shadine-
Avatar 1-Katja von Garmen(Celtious)

I am waiting for one more girl to join with a male avatar for Luna but we can begin without her. Those that have been accepted, please PM me with a scene from the normal daily life of your character and we'll get these awakenings going.

For those interested in joining, PLEASE read the interest check thread-link is at the top of the page- and feel free to post your character sheets. I will accept one more for Gaia, Solaris and Shadine. Remember, as stated twice now, the Avatar must adhere to only a few general characteristics that are posted both in the interest check thread and at the top of this page, but otherwise is yours to have fun with.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:51 am

[center][size=85][font=Georgia]Name: Katie Lucy Brooklyn

Image or description(real pictures and anime welcome): Image

Gender; Female

Goddess: Solaris

Original Avatar description from interest check thread:Can control fire, heat-including thermals-, can bend light and glow once powerful enough. Generally very passionate and short-tempered. Is a skilled fighter and follows a strict code of honor in everything they do and is violently loyal.

Bio; Katie was born in France, and she grew up speaking French as her first language. She was fluent in French and English so she was top in both of those classes. She struggled at Maths, hated Geography, liked History, but loved Art. She was excellent at drawing Manga, but she was bullied, so most of her pictures were dark and dreary. She was miserable until one day, she found the courage to stand up for herself.She quickly became one of the most popular girls in the school. She was always loyal to the few friends she had, and even now she's loyal to all her friends.

Personality: Katie is a confident, loyal, hard working girl. She isn't afraid to stand up for herself anymore. She won't let anyone down, and is trustable. She will keep a secret, and that's what makes her so popular. She's slowly becoming braver, but she still has a long way to go.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!