Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

AVP: Embers Of Fate

a part of “AVP: Embers Of Fate”, a fictional universe by Endgame.

Three sides all fighting for survival on the planet Baltroid prime. There can be only one winner to this war, who will it be?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “AVP: Embers Of Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:48 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "AVP: Embers Of Fate"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Endgame
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: AVP: Embers Of Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Fucking awesome intro picture. Oh, and I had a question about the vision. I actually had a theory about them being able to see out of the thermal spectrum without the mask. To put it blatantly, there's no way they could have crafted ANYTHING with only the "Blur Vision" to work with. And thermal would not be anywhere near defined enough to make those carvings within their pyramids or on their armor, plus they wouldn't be able to see their own holographs or even the inner visor of their masks, since the thermal spectrum doesn't pick up light and color. I always speculated that they have thermal heat glands much like snakes, and the Hunter in Predator 1 used them to better track Dutch through the thick jungle plant life. Again, theory.

I also had a theory about that Breather in Predator 2, since you never see it anywhere else, even in the comics or novels. That pred had really dark coloration's, defined brow-spikes, and a very pronounced "crown" on his head. Not to mention the customizations to his own gear, and the ease he seamed to speak english. Oh, and an entire clan ship WITH an Elder accompanying him, I think he was an old-ass retiree that wanted one last hunt, and that Breather was more like an Inhaler. Because of his honored status, that'd be why he had such an entourage and another reason why Harrigan didn't get the bejesus killed out of him at the end. But again, theory.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tylerjohnny1 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Looks pretty sweet, might make an alien character...
YOLO!

Tylerjohnny1
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:22 am

TJ if you have any questions all of the stuff you need to know is on the front or you can ask me..... I've read some of the comic books and also seen all the movies

-

Well, that is a good standard theory, but to be honest we really don't know how they made all this stuff and how their vision works, and that's kinda the cool part but on second hand it varies on the Pred, some can see out side the red and black spectrum, it was suggested that the first Predator might have been color blind, like a dog is, meaning he could see everything, just could only make out the colors in certain things.

Well Raidose, that is a solid theory but there is another theory, when the second Predator saw the kid in the first movie holding the plastic gun, he though it was a plastic gun thought it was a real one and was about to cut the kid down before he realized it was a fake, a mistake an seasoned hunter would never make, which bring to mind to me as a blooded or a rookie elite on his first hunt on earth, thought he could have been a retiree. Also it really doesn't matter about facial shape for a pred, there like us in the way that their face is going to different, predator to predator there face will always be different.

oh, and thanks, the intro pic is acutely is the cover page from AVP: Three Way War, Issue 6

Endgame
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:14 am

ROFL Ty.... having questions about anything AVP related..... that's funny. EG, he's as big of a AVP fanatic as me, don't worry.

Oh, and I get your point about the rookie mistake, but you never saw him ready his weapon or anything. It looked like more of a "wtf is that in his hands?" sorta deal. Just cause he might be a retiree doesn't mean he'd know what a "toy" is. You gotta think, if he hasn't been on Earth for 20+ years, he never would have seen that before. And they are like us, but like us their faces would change when they get old. He had a very pronounced crown ridge around his head and prominent brow-spikes, much like the Elder you see later. Going on most species that develop a sort of formation on their head, they usually get more defined with age and his was pretty defined. Not to mention did you see his face? Either they lost the mask of the first Pred from the first movie, the special effects guy was stoned out of his mind, or he was meant to look that butt-ugly and aged. Oh, and when he sees Keyes' men in the slaughterhouse he says quite.... sorta clearly (I had to listen 5 times, till I discovered the subtitles) "Now you will all die". I own the dvd of Predator 2, and I swear that's what the captions say. I can undertsand if this doesn't change your mind about the breather thing (we're on a jungle planet, so I'm not worried), but I still think he was an old-ass honored Yautja. It explains why an entire clan was just sitting on their asses for him.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:54 am

Just working on the bio on my character. Having to use my phone's keyboard SUCKS.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 am

Well you guys I want to wish you all a happy the Mayans are laughing there asses off right now and on a brighter note does anyone have the avp 3 game?....

Endgame
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:43 am

I have the game, what of it?

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm feeling like creating a xeno instead of using my predators.

Also, you have the weight for them wrong, seeing that a queen is double that of the max you put up. 10 tons equal 20000 pounds.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 pm

As do I. And on that note I'd just like to say

Fuck You, Mayans! Yeah! That's Right! Still Here, Bitches!

Though technically the description was "The world as we know it will end", signifying more of a change than the actual end of the world. Still, Take That, Dead Civilization!

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Well, I just got it to be honest and it's pretty fun, got that weight changed.

Endgame
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tylerjohnny1 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Not to sound critical...but doesn't the predator ranking system go "Unblooded" and then Young Blood?

Tylerjohnny1
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Well a pred is considered a youngblood (because it is not of age to hunt) until it reaches the age of a teenager, and then it receives the title of unblooded, meaning it has yet to take trophy's of prey and has also not taken the challenge of the blooded, meaning they have to kill their first xeno and kill the rest until their predator mother ship arrives to pick them up, and this gives them the title blooded

Endgame
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 am

Raidose said you needed RPers? I'd be willing to join. Is there any species in particular you need RPers for?

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:54 am

Well, I'm not the GM so I have no clue. Unless otherwise noted by the higher authority, I'd just go as what you know best.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

no species is really needed as of now, so just go with what you pick

Endgame
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tylerjohnny1 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:32 pm

"s. When a male Yautja is ready for his first hunt, he is an unblooded Predator. When an unblooded Predator completes a hunt, he is marked and is now a young Predator, also called a Young blood"

From the website you linked us to, young blood is after unblooded. After this, they can achieve the rank of blooded through a hunt as seen in AVP movie, which should not be referenced very much. Making it so that it goes unblooded, youngblood, then blooded. Just because it says youngbloods are adolescent don't mean they are too young to hunt. An unblooded has absolutely no achievements, where a youngblood does.

It is your game though, so do keep in mind you can have it set up however you wish. I just want to provide you with the materials to choose from

Tylerjohnny1
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Yeah, he's right. I thought it sounded a little weird.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:49 pm

No, no your right man, I was up a ten something so I aplogise for feeding out the wrong info and didn't really think it through much but I really realized that just this morning :3

Endgame
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tylerjohnny1 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Dude, completely understandable. Im sure ill fuck up some lore soon enough, and managing an rp is tiresome enough.

Tylerjohnny1
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!