Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Beauty Among Beasts

Beauty Among Beasts

a part of “Beauty Among Beasts”, a fictional universe by Hazardous.

Advanced RP | 5 Spots Open | See Inside

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Beauty Among Beasts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Beauty Among Beasts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:44 pm

Welcome to "Beauty Among Beasts"!

Roleplay layout © ઽ૮૨α

Everything said by ઽ૮૨α and X-Ray is law. We are both equal in power.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hazardous
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Beauty Among Beasts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Not sure if I'm supposed to reserve in the OOCs because the rules didn't specify, but... Can I reserve Cursed 4?

As for my thoughts on the curse... not sure what to say? It's a good thing to build a plot around, and the curses are something that would effect the character's lives.

Hex color: #ff4d00. I haven't decided on a FC yet... Do you have an suggestions?

Thanks!
"Music speaks only to those who wish to hear it."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Can I compete for the mute? If there is no competing then can I please reserve Cursed Four?

I think it is unfair to curse someone for what their ancestors have done. The sins of our forefathers should not be the sins of our children. However, the curse of lust is a very interesting one and it will make for a... unique character.

An FC and hex color have yet to be decided upon, but when I find them I will update this post.

Thank you for your consideration.

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:30 pm

@Starlight: Oh my god, do they not? I never even realized! I'll go fix that. Yes, reserving either through the OOC or PMs is just fine. Thanks for pointing that out, I totally didn't notice sobs. You have the reserve! As for suggestions, hmmm. I'm better with male FCs. Off the top of my head, I can think of Mitsuki Nase from Kyoukai no Kanata, uh, //sweats. Really, KyoAni animes have the cutest faceclaims in both girls and guys in my opinion, so if you wanted to check out any of those, like from Free!, Hyouka, KnK, Amagi Brilliant Park, K-On!!, Chunibyo, Tamako Market, and etc. I hope that helps!!

@Cheshire: I'm sorry, the mute position isn't up for reserves or competition. But yes, you may reserve Cursed Four. You'll be competing, just so you know. I think the character would be very enjoyable to see, too!

Hazardous
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Ooh, you are making another roleplay! It looks wonderful as usual. I would love to join as well please.

As for my thoughts on the witch's curse, I think it was a bit overdone. Why curse six pus generations of children who had no part in the incident? Rather I would have cursed those idiots with some painful period cramps for the rest of their days or something of the sort. That is just me though.

Could I reserve Curse Ten, The Insomniac? I was thinking of using Gaara from Naruto as he is an insomniac as well. His color code would be Orange Red - #F63817.

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Interested in ↻ Cursed Three ↺ (Does the Opposite of Orders) with the FC: Tomoki Kuroki from WataMote and dialogue color #000018

By the way, the witch's curse?
Last edited by ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:37 pm

@Jojo: *screeches* I'm so glad you're here asking to join!! ;o; And trust me man, you may have had some bad luck with the roleplays you've joined in the past (from what I've noticed anyway, taking into consideration the ones we've joined together sobs), but this one! This one will for sure be starting and will, for sure, be going good. I'm going to make it happen! //fighting spirit

Anyway. Those men definitely deserve a curse of chronic cramps for the rest of their days, that's for sure. You get the reserve~!

*edit*
Whoops, missed someone.

@༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ????: Your gifs (and your username) made me laugh so hard. Yes, you'll get the reserve as well. Perfect response to the witch's curse.

Hazardous
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:40 pm

Never mind, afraid I'm going to have to skip out on this one. Beautiful RP, by the way your set up is amazing.

Unfortunately I've got comic con this week and I'm going to Israel the week after so I'm booked for the next month. Wish I could join, good luck with your future endeavors.

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:42 pm

@Cheshire: You can thank Scra for the set up. She does everything so beautifully, doesn't she? She has a true talent for coding these things, that's for sure. I'm sorry to see you go, but thank you for your interest! I hope you have the most fun at comic con! I'm super jealous!

Hazardous
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:42 pm

@X-Ray: Awesome! I will try to get him done ASAP. And you can also call me "Eva" if you prefer xDD

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chikka on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello there! I have to say you have a wonderful looking roleplay here. Any-hoo, I was wondering if I could reserve the : Perpetually Angry ? It sounded like a fun role to play. Oh, and my thoughts on the curse? It’s very intriguing to be punished for something you haven’t done. I don’t’ entirely know how I feel exactly, only that I am filled with interest, if that’s alright?

I was thinking of using Alois Trancy for my FC, if that’s alright? It was hard to decide.
I may change it if it's not suitable, Mahiro Fuwa was a close second, if that's any better?

Dialogue will be #CC3333

-

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
----------------------

Chikka
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:07 pm

@Chika: Thank you~! Scra is absolutely amazing at everything!! Alois and Mahiro are both acceptable faceclaims, although keep in mind, the RP is in modern/slightly futuristic times (since Alois tends to appear more old-timey English-y, but if you can describe a way of making it work, I'm fine with that~). I'll go reserve you!

Hazardous
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Kyoto Animations is by far my favorite anime-making company? If that's what you'd call it? Also, Mitsuki was actually one of my ideas for a FC. Gosh, I love her. Best girl. Imma go with her.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chikka on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Ah, your welcome. I'll try and think of a way to make it work - its always a way to make him stand out at least, heh. I think I have a sort-of idea. I'll try to not let you down and I'll get to work on him as soon as I can ~

Oh, quick question! I don't know if this sounds silly or not, but should we keep their curses in mind when creating them? Meaning, since mine is the angry one, should I keep that as a fixture of him? Short-tempered, snappy, things along those lines? As a sort-of guideline? If that makes sense. C:

Chikka
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:45 pm

@Starlight: They're one of mine too~ I try to catch most of their animes, although I tend to fall behind a lot sobs

@Chika: That's a good question. Hmm. I suppose it would be up to you, as the player, to decide if that's how you want to go about it or not? You might also want to consider how they'll feel in the after-effect of having their curse lifted (IF it comes to that ;>). But living with their curse for long, for the duration of their lives, would most likely having an actual, more in-depth effect on them and their personality. Their curses are things that have always and currently still effect them, so yes, I do think it should be kept in mind when creating them, especially the ones with curses who are more emotionally-involved, such as the perpetually angry and the perpetually depressed.

Hazardous
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Just want to make sure but I'm competing for my role as Cursed 2 right? It's just that no one made it clear for me so...

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:28 pm

@Flames: Yes, you'll be competing with the other person for the Cursed 2, Perpetually Depressed, role. :> Since the other person reserved after you, I didn't think to say anything. Sorry about that!

Hazardous
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 am

I also didn't realize it was already reserved. Well, let's compete! :)

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks for reserving me! I am super excited for this. Do not let me down. Just kidding! OR am I? I feel slow, but I just realized that the first line in your Introduction section is a link. Great song! I love Witch Hunt. Both the original and Jubyphonic's version. My WIP will be submitted tonight I believe. I want to get through a bit more first though.

I had a few questions, sorry they might sound stupid. Also forgive me if you hit on them earlier and I just missed it.

1. Our character's, are they just beginning to experience the effects of their curse? They were not affected during their childhood or anything?

2. The witch said, "Your children and your children's children and your children's children's children and so on shall be forever cursed! " Did those mean that all the children in their family lines experienced the curse? Or was it just one child per generation? I was not sure if I should just make my character an only child.

3. Our character's parents know about the curse as well, right? No? Would they attempt to help them?

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:29 pm

@Jojo:

1) Unless Scra states otherwise, what I've been thinking is that no, the children have all experienced the effects of their curses since they were born. This is what I told someone else who asked the same thing, too, so I'll talk to Scra about it later to see if she had another idea in mind and if it changes, I'll let you guys know :> But that's what my general thinking has been. Of course, the extremes of which would probably differ or fluctuate with age or, in a more specific case like with the lustful one, probably wouldn't be effected until they hit puberty or something.

2) Only one child per generation has been effected. It would only effect the first born child. Good question!

3) It's up to you how the others in the past dealt with their curses. They could have told their children about the curse that afflicted them, warned them of the curse they might have passed on, or kept quiet about it. So how your character's parents treat them is entirely up to each player. In fact, your poor character could be going in blind, not at all knowing that this curse has been handed down by generations! They could just think that they simply were unlucky to be the only anomaly born with it. There will be a point later in the roleplay, once the characters get together and figure these things out, that they start doing some research, so those who don't know, will eventually find out.

Hazardous
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!