Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

block 207 (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

block 207 (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:54 am

block 207a neighborly RP.
neighborly OC here.

To my dear tenants, welcome to Millhouse Apartments. You'll find that when you get to your separate apartments, you have your basic bathroom, your own bedroom, just enough space for a dining area and a living area, and a spare room for whatever you might want to put. There are trash chutes (Please, do segregate your trash) on the second floor. My room is on the ground floor if you need me.
Now, there are several things you have to remember.

1. You are free to do anything you want, with the exception of extreme violence and all those mature things. Keep that to yourself, or take it somewhere else.
2. Please, do get along with each other. I can't have anyone create too much noise as I am living on the ground floor and can hear all your noise.
3. Please. Be mature enough. You don't want the other tenants making a bad impression of you, and
4. Do enjoy your stay here.

Sincerely,
Mr. Maddox, the landlord.
p.s. Check the letter board to the left of the cork board for the addresses.

_______

Angela opens the main doors of the Millhouse Apartment building with hands full with two brown paper bags of groceries. She struggles to close the door, and she shuffles hastily to Room 1000. With the heavy bag still in her arm, she tries to keep it there while pressing the doorbell.
"Dad! Please, open the door! These are heavy!" she says hastily as she waits for the forest green door to open. She paces impatiently down the hall until she hears a creak behind her. Out of the slightly opened door, Mr. Maddox, the landlord of the apartment, peeks through. He opens the door and shuffles back in his room, mumbling "Come in, come in."

"Here's what you ordered." Angela says, setting one of the bags on the table.
"Good, good. And how was work?"
"Good, thanks."
There is an awkward silence, and she opened her mouth to speak again, but her father got to speak first.
"How's Curtis?"
"He's fine. He's doing good. He says he's taking his wife and kid over to see you next week."
"Good, good."
She paused before she spoke. "I'd better get going."
She holds onto her bag and makes her way upstairs, to Room 1004.

Her apartment had a certain charm to it. Yellow and cream colored damask wallpaper was on the walls of the main room, floors were dark reddish wood, and her bedroom had blue striped wainscoted walls with light beige carpets.
She furnished her home with classic pieces of furniture ; baroque chairs, antique furniture, Victorian style in general. She managed to tie it down with a little modern twist, like long colorful twigs in a plain white vase.
She set her grocery bag on her dining table, and sorted them out in the refrigerator. Maybe she was a little too tired today. She collapsed on the couch and took solace in her Siberian Husky, Vanya. She nuzzled his head, and he gave a loving lick to her face. Vanya watched as she slowly fell asleep on the couch, and whined for something.
"What is it, Vanya?"
He continued whining, asking for food.
"Okay then, where's your bowl? I keep telling you not to hide it."
He raises his head, as if he understood, and walked over to where it was. Angela grabbed the bag of dog food and poured some in, and refilled his water dish. As he ate, she washed her hands and dragged herself back to the couch and fell asleep.
Last edited by wednesdaysun on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: block 207 (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Business as usual, she had just gone through a few places which could be candidates for her little dance studio. She hadn't been here for that long, this apartment was actually to her standards small, yet for some reason the homey environment attracted her and made her chose it over the other apartment complexes. Still sitting in front of the Laptop in her study, it was furnished with a heavy mahogany desk, cupboards and shelves full of books and random antiques. Bordeaux colored walls, accentuated by the fleur-de-lis cluster, dark drapes hanging from the window to the front - it probably looked more like the study of an old lecturer than a dance professor, but Alessandra liked it this way and no other,

Triumphant, she got out of her comfy office chair - she had found a few suitable places. The location of the little studio was important, something in the neighborhood would be ideal. Grinning she left the study, turned into the hallway - walking into the open space where the dining area/kitchen sat. This part of the apartment was furnished quite modernesque - with two creme colored 3 seater sofas, a glass coffee table, a lovely red rug hiding the beige parquet underneath. She wasn't much of a TV person but she had a nice flat screen on her wall accompanied by a few speakers - for the "perfect surround sound" or so the installer said.

Sitting down on the Sofa, she decided the turn on the TV for the latest news - this little corner was fairly quiet, hardly any crime ... it was a nice place, nothing could dispute that. As she sat there watching the news, her eye's fixated upon a well known figure. She did have a crush on that news anchor ... sweet T.J. Holmes on CNN - that guy was someone she'd like to practice the Tango with. Maybe, unconsciously this was one of the reasons why she watched the news - smirking at that thought, she watched the report for a few more minutes before she realized what time it already was. Reaching for her mobile, which was just sitting on the coffee table, she checked it for any new messages. There were a couple few but right now she just wasn't in the mood to answer them ...

It all was still a little new to her, heck, even the apartment smelled 'new' if that was a possibility. Picking an orange from a plate off of the dining table, she swerved to the right - grabbing the car keys from a tiny hook on the wall. Walking down the little hallway, she hastily caught a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror next to the door. Hair up and held together in a messy bundle, black sweat pants and a black halter neck top - well she was just going to get a few things down town, there was no need for her to glam herself up ... maybe it was just that she had the confidence and didn't feel the need to hide her true face behind thick layers of "goo" - that's what she calls any kind of skin-suffocating makeup.

Sliding into her comfortable kicks, she swiftly closed the door behind her, car keys in a side pocket - making her way down the stairs ... for a split moment there was a faint hint of a frown "Why is there no lift in this place ..."

((OOC: Going to edit my second character into this post once I am back home - later tonight))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Outfit

"Yeah daddy....I know...I already told him and I got the money that you sent anyways so don't worry....I'm doing fine and I promise that as soon as I finish up some work over here and am able to get free that I'll be on the first place to visit you and mom...Okay...wel I have to go. Love you too. Bye." Kennady Elizabeth Baker rolled her eyes as she sat down on her creme colored couch and slipped on her Roberto Cavalli cutout boots. She had lied to her father. She really didn't have much to do over here but spend money since she had finished school and was in the middle of switching jobs but she certaintly didn't want her father to know that who was on edge about her moving here already.

She had moved in a couple months ago. Three months ago to be exact and right now she was trying to start her fashion line all the while trying to maintain a job and keep her father pleased at how she was doing over here. She was stressed but she never let it showed on her pretty face. Right now she didn't know where she was headed. Whether it be to the grocery store to pick up some chicken breast for tonight's dinner or to the mall to pick up that new Chanel bag she had seen in the window when she was there last week with one of her good friends. She didn't know and she didn't care. She just had to get out of there and do something with her life. She hated just lounging around at home all day. It seemed pointless and made you even more lazy than you actually wore. So with a determined look on her face she grabbed her purse and headed out of the door to her apartment.

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 pm

((Sorry this is late... Also, I'm following the way that Demon is doing her posts. With pictures! (: It'll help you with remembering my characters faces lol))

Verity twirled about her room in the apartment that her brother shared with her. Her music was playing on her Bose iPod speakers, and she was singing along with it, as she danced about.

She was sure that she was annoying her brother, who was in the room directly next to hers; his bedroom, as it was, also doubled for his study. But the twenty two year old didn't care, and wouldn't care unless her brother physically got up and came to tell her to shut up.

Dancing over to her mirror, she pranced lightly in front of it, fixing her hair. The song on her iPod switched over to one by Lily Allen. Verity's smile grew. She began to sing along with the lyrics, grabbing a brush from her nearby vanity to use as a microphone. She began to imitate the female singers accent, giggling slightly as she sang along.

"Look inside... Look inside your tiny mind. Now look a bit harder. 'Cuz we're so uninspired, so sick and tired, of all the hatred you harbor. So you say, its not okay to be gay? Well I think you're just evil. You're just some racist who can't tie my laces. Your point of view is medieval..."

Before the chorus of the song could start, her music stopped. Looking over at her speakers, she realized that her brother Graeme was standing there. He had pulled her iPod off.

"Do you mind? I was listening to that..." she began, placing both fists on her hips, a hurt look and a pout on her face. Graeme just stared at her, before speaking.

"Don't you have some work to do for college?" Verity stuck her tongue out at the man. "I'm not kidding..." he put forth.

"You're such a party pooper, Graeme." But she obeyed anyway, and grabbed her shoulder bag, placing it on her desk. Graeme sighed, thankful that his sister had listened to him.

"I'm taking this anyway..." he muttered, unplugging the speakers from the wall, and then turning off his sisters iPod. She frowned, but didn't protest. It was what her father would have done...

Graeme left the room then, and Verity pulled out a text book that she had to read for one of her many history classes. Sighing, she opened it up, and began to skim the pages.

Graeme had been in his room, trying his best to concentrate on his work. He was reviewing some minor details in a homicide case from a nearby city; it wasn't much, but he had not had a chance to finish it at the office.

But the music coming from his sisters room was making it impossible for him to concentrate. He glared at the wall ahead of him, which seperated his sisters room from his own.

She was singing; he admitted that she was an amazing singer, but he just couldn't deal with it at the moment. So he stood from his chair, and made his way into his sisters room. She didn't notice he was there until he pulled the iPod from its speakers, instantly ceasing all music in the room.

"Do you mind? I was listening to that..." Yes, he did mind, but he would keep that thought to himself.

"Don't you have some work to do for college?" he questioned her. She just stuck her tongue out at him. It aggravated him slightly. "I'm not kidding..." he continued. He wasn't, though he wouldn't really act on it. It wasn't like him....

"You're such a party pooper, Graeme" she said, but went ahead and got her messenger bag out anyway. He sighed. For once in her life, she was actually listening to him.

"I'm taking this anyway..." he said as he turned to leave the room, shutting the door behind him. Returning to his own room, he sighed, placing her iPod on the desk next to the file that he had open.

It was not long before he was immersed in his own work again, the thought of his sister and her music completely out of his mind.
y do i have a ƒεεℓเɳɠ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵃ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅʟʏ ᴇʟᴀʙᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ՏℍⅈtℙᝪՏt

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 am

Angela wakes up a few minutes later. Yellow orange rays of late afternoon sunshine shone through the window and hit her face, the skies were a nice periwinkle and the clouds were reddish orange from the sunshine. She sat up and went to her bedroom to change into her favorite rose taupe camisole and short boardshorts. Today, it was her turn to post something on the corkboard, and there was on her floor. She wrote on a clean halved sheet of paper, and went outside her apartment to post it.

Dear tenants,
If in case father is busy, asleep or away, don't hesitate to ask me anything. I'm in Room 1004 if you need me. Thank you.

Angela Maddox.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:34 am

Celestina walked out of her apartment flipping her hair back, and brushed off her skirt and checked her leggings. "Damn!" she said loudly and hiked up her 36 D boobs with the long sleeved shirt and a heart on the right boob. "i look good." she said more quietly and walked out with the clacking of her heels. she stopped short and read the cork board. "Aw." she began to ramble in spanish about how nice that was of her.

walking down some stairs finally to her car only to walked back up the stairs relizing she'd forgotten her keys. she curses loudly in spanish and waves her arms, then she looked around to see if anyone had seen her. she began laughing and got her keys from her apartment. now coming back down the stairs Lesti finally came upon her car.

Walking toward it she closed her eyes and stopped getting a preminition. she quickly ran to her car and deflected a ball that was deadset to smash her windshield. "OW!" she said rubbing her hand. "damn kids.." finally putting the key into the 2010 cadilac car door and opening half-sitting in the passenger seat her feet hanging outside. she opened her glove compartment pulling out a fat pack of gum and treking into the the drivers seat.

you see, Celestina has a very generous father.. who let's just say is well.. LOADED. but celestina has that puerto rican pride who doesn't like things given to her mind you she'll take it but she still works. pulling out of the parking lot and going to work. Fortuantly she gets a call from her Reigonal manager say they won't need her today. so pulls back into the lot and sit in her car with the window down wondering why she didnt see that coming.

(i know it's not the best but i suck at intros!)

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 am

My dad insisted that I have the Bugatti Veyron. Even though I purposely chose to live in a middle class apartment. I tried to tell him that to have a car that is worth over 1.7 million dollars parked in the garage with cars that you couldn't have scrapped for more then a hundred dollars was a bad idea. However he told me that i could either have the Veyron, or walk.

So I pulled up to the apartment in my newly acquired car and pulled it into the only open parking space. Feeling absolutely retarded with a car parked in front of a building that probably was cheaper then the car. Sighing I grabbed my suitcase and went to check in at the front desk.

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:22 am

"Mom... Trust me... I can do this..." Calleigh started.

"You're carrying a box and are deaf. Something could happen." Her mother pointed out.

"So, it won't stop me from carrying things." She frowned, picking up a box from the boot of her twin brother's car.

"Call, put that down!" Her mother shouted.

"Mom!" She cried out. "No, I can do this."

Jamie came from out the apartment and laughed. "Mom, leave her alone. Calleigh can do it herself." He smirked. "I've checked the place out. It's fine. And she's only on the second floor. There are a lot of floors in that apartment block, be grateful she's not at the top."

Calleigh read her brother's lips, nodding as a thank you. She quickly left, heading upstairs with the box, letting herself into her appartment while her mother and Jamie continued to talk. Looking around, she smiled, standing in the doorway, amazed. She'd seen the pictures, but not the place. She loved it though.

Dropping the box, Calleigh continued to look at her place. Her place this was. All hers. This is the first time she'd ever lived alone and she was excited. It was going to be perfect!

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:10 pm

It was growing into late afternoon by the time Loreta pulled into an empty parking space in front of her apartment building. She had two, three-hour classes, beginning early morning. Slender hand reached up to pull the keys from the ignition, her door swinging open moments after she did so. Gold Chevy Camaro 2000, although it was only six cylinders, the baby purred well. Surprisingly, she had bought the car only for two grand, my, had she lucked out then. But now, with a bartending job and overwhelming school, she just about felt as if she might collapse any minute.

Slowly slithering out of the drivers seat, she threw her purse over her shoulder and gathered the few books she had in the back seat, behind the driver's seat. With that, she'd lock and close the door. Before she left the vicinity of her car, she had noticed an extremely expensive car nearby, but because it was a few cars down, she didn't really know if anyone was sitting in it. With her purse over her shoulder and her arms filled with books, she made her way in the building, unlocking the outer door while managing to balance all the books on one arm. But considering her poor luck lately, her phone began ringing in her back pocket of her jeans. So she replaced her keys in the front pocket and went to fish for her phone while she was stomping up the steps. Her mother was calling.

"Da? Nu, mama... " With her parents, Loreta always spoke either Russian or Ukrainian. "I just got home from school, how do you expect me to call during class?" The rest of the conversation was of her mother complaining, and Loreta's voice echoing in the hall in that foreign language, up until she reached her room, by then she had hung up on her mother. She unlocked her door and swung it open gently, closing it behind her. Books were set on the nearest table, that stood next to the door, a lonely potted flower sitting on it.

No American could have such an apartment, inside the walls were basically covered in Russian paintings, and some of Loreta's. And although the apartment seemed crammed with books and unneeded decorations her granny and aunts sent over from Europe, it had that homey feeling. Furniture was from IKEA, and none of that fluffy couches, her couch was as hard as brick and it was leather, currently covered in a worn blanket, giving it a very European "Granny's house" sort of feel to the room. Her bedroom was much the same, and her kitchen, well, her kitchen was as much crammed as the rest of the rooms, but it was considerably clean, with all the dishes washed and put away. Some of her food was imported, many of the labels holding those recognizable Russian letters.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Scarlett exited the elevator and walked along to her new apartment. Everything was quiet.. certainly not what she was used to, and the apartment was smaller and more modest than she was used to as well. She was quite happy though, being away from her soon to be ex husband Barron Rose, was all she wanted right now. She was momentarily distracted by the arrival of a very rare and extremely expensive car - a Bugatti Veyron.. she raised an eyebrow, perhaps this neighborhood was more affluent than it appeared. Everything was ready, the apartment was furnished and she just had to unpack and try to get settled though she knew that wasn't going to be easy. She breathed a sigh of relief as she closed the door behind her. Her life had been a whirlwind of work, romance and hosting high level entertainment parties for Barron and his showbiz buddies... she felt so betrayed by him. After three happy years of marriage he'd cheated on her with a girl from the Playboy mansion.. a little tart called Susan Hackett. It had been a big shock to find the two of them in the marital bed. He'd pleaded and begged with her to stay offering excuse after excuse but it was too late.. the damage had been done and Scarlett was not one to be taken for a fool. She saw that the decorators had placed a picture of her husband on one of the shelves and she turned it face down... and got a little emotional. Best thing for that was a drink, and so she poured something horribly toxic from the drinks cabinet and downed it in one go.. it tasted vile and she wasn't used to it.. but it would do for now. After a couple of glasses she changed into her big comfy pj's and lounged on the big brown sofa watching a soppy romantic movie from England, called Wuthering Heights.

Meanwhile down at street level a man watched the Bugatti Veyron pull into the apartment complex. He'd seen his wife's car arrive only a few minutes earlier, Barron Rose had followed Scarlett to the apartments, straight from the railway station where he'd been camping out for a day or two, based on some info he'd got from her sister as to where she was going. He saw an opportunity now to enter the apartments. The man was busy checking in and the door had not yet closed properly, so he candidly got out of his car and grabbed the door before it closed, waltzing in and towards the stairs.. nodded to the man in the hallway as if he'd lived there for years and made his way towards the apartment he thought he'd seen his wife enter.. though it was difficult to judge the correct floor.. he hoped he'd got it right.
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Verity closed her history text book, yawning, her arms stretched above her head. She gazed around the room before locating the clock on her bedside table. It was almost 5:30; that meant she had to be getting to class soon.

You see, Verity had a full schedule of classes. At least, she did today. Mondays: One class. Tuesdays: Three Classes. Wednesdays: Two Classes. Thursdays: Three Classes. Fridays: One class. The majority of them were history and anthropology classes, though she had managed to get an art class in there as well.

Sighing, she picked up her textbook and stood from the chair, shoving it into her messenger bag.

She examined her reflection in the mirror again, a small smile on her face. Happy with the way that she looked, she walked out of her room, and into the kitchen. Graeme was there, cooking dinner.

"What'cha making?" she questioned him. He looked over his shoulder at her, before turning back to the stove.

"Beef Goulash. Your favorite." A bright smile lit up Verity's face.

"Really?!" she questioned, excited. He nodded, not looking at her, as she jumped around a bit in the kitchen. She may have been twenty two, but she didn't always act like it.

In a short bit of time, Graeme had finished the dinner, and had it set out on the dining room table. They both sat at either heads of the table, said their prayers, and began eating what Graeme had made; Beef Goulash, with Mashed Potatoes and corn. Verity was thrilled.

She thanked her brother for the wonderful dinner after it was all finished, and then ran to her room and grabbed her things for her last class. Running into the living room, she grabbed his car keys, announcing that she was taking his car. He rolled his eyes, grumbling a bit. But he didn't protest; she would treat his car well...

Verity ran out the door, closing it behind her, and began her trek down the long hall to the stairs. Upon making it out to the parking lot, she immediately spotted her brothers blue Dodge Charger SXT-G. A smile came to her face; he sure did have a good taste in cars. She was about to unlock the car, when the keys slipped from her hand, falling to the pavement under her feet, and clattering under the car. Groaning, she got down on her hands and knee's reaching under the car to try to grab the keys. She just hoped to God that there wasn't anyone around, or this would be a most embarrassing situation.

Graeme sat on the couch, watching the TV he had in the living room. The couch he sat upon was overstuffed, and thats how he liked it; nice and soft. He flipped through the channels, having nothing better to do. His sister had left for her college work, and he had finished diner.

It hadn't taken him that long to clean up the dishes anyway...

He stopped channel surfing when he reached the newly dubbed "SyFy" channel. There was a 'Haunted' marathon on, and boy, did he love that show.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eva Ellion on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Derek looked up at his new apartment, smiling to himself. He wore a nice pair of jeans with a button down shirt under a black leather jacket that somewhat hugged his fit arms. . He was softly chewing on the soft tip of his glasses as he pushed his navy bag up on his shoulders. Derek held his keys with his pinky because his other hand was full, him carrying a backpack full of different odds and ends. He had parked his mustang close to the entrance so he can get the rest of his stuff quickly. Derek started walking up the stairs while a loud yawn escaped his lips, finally happy to have a place of his own. "haha.." He hoped his new 2010 ford mustang would be safe out there. As soon as Derek reached his floor he slowly walked to his door with the number 1014 on it. Derek opened the door and smiled at his new home, thinking it was perfect for him. He threw his bag on the ground and looked out the window, seeing a few very nice cars. "Hmmmm.....nice...."

(Ugh i know it sucks, im horrible at intros)

Eva Ellion
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Click.

That was pretty much the best part of Rafe's day. "Click" was just... so wonderful. Click, meant that the door was closing in the diner, preferably for ever. Click meant he just put the key in the lock to good old 1002. Click meant the TV was turning on, he could hop on the stationary bike, work until his legs felt like they were going to fall off, pop a sleeping pill, call his mum, scream at her in chinese, and get to be early.

Life was wonderful in 1002. He walked past the mirror, it was decorated with intricate geometric designs, and in the upper corner, carved into the glass, were the words in Chinese. Everywhere in his apartment, his blissful time in Singapore and Asia had been remembered. The table, typical Ming, the couch, a modern stylization of the sweeping Chinese grandieur. Hell, he even had the place done up in feng shui. The dining room had a very nice modern feel to it, black and white with the occasional stylish touch of bright red.

It wasn't a point of pride for him. If he had had any sort of relationship outside his basic life and playing the stock market for fun, he might have spent all that money elsewhere, on someone... maybe.

He dropped the bag into the neat little box, everything was so pristine. The carpet was steamed regularly, the corners always free of cobwebs. If he didn't have to have any filth, why should he?

ImageAnd already he was distracted. He was staring at himself in the mirror. A gruff visage. "Damn, I need to shave" He said, he definitely didn't look his best. But he wouldn't even try to address the problem with a shower.

What a life... so many blessings, and he just never did anything with them.

Click.

The door was opened, and he was down the hall. A very simple concept, go downstairs, get the paper, go back to the room. Why he never did it on the way up was a mystery even to him. Down the stairs, never used the elevator. Jumping down about 4 or 5 steps to the landings, out of impatience more than anything else.

Yea. Life was good in 1002.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:57 pm

The 26 year old was strutting down the Broadway, her car - a Nissan 350z, was parked just across the street. Dark brown eyes searching for the place she had called earlier - Dale's printing services. Alessandra had ordered a few invitations for her "flat" warming party, it be just a way to get to know the people around her, it didn't seem like a bad idea.

Of course there was the possibility that no one would turn up but she wasn't really that bothered about it, her favorite thing to do was having a good time and meeting new and exciting people. Remembering a conversation she had with the Landlord a few days prior - she was contemplating if she should snow by his place and hand him an invite too ...

Giggling at the thought - an old man surrounded by people half his age, he probably feel like a fish out of the water. But judging from what he sounded on the phone and on the day she got her keys, he wasn't the type to even humor such events. Walking a few more paces - finally, her eyes settled upon a sign which showed her the way to the tiny place.

Upon entering a light chime rang just above her head - 'How cute, an old fashioned door bell' she thought as she walked over to the counter. The young guy standing behind it met her gaze immediately, greeting her -

"What can I do for ya?"

"I'm here to pick up some 25 invitations in the name of A. Milan" she returned his friendly smile with a cheeky grin.

"Oh sure, I just finished printing them an hour ago -they are ready to go. Bear with me for a moment, I'll go and get em' for ya now."

As he vanished into the back of the little shop, Alessandra took a look around - it was small yet had everything one needed in that business, stopping by what seem like a huge copy machine, she lifted the lit of the scanner. A rather crazy memory bubbled up in her mind, probably 6 years ago - University ... A lost bet ... her copying her behind in panties then hanging it up in one of the teachers lounges. A somewhat timid sigh escaping her heart shaped lips, as the melancholic moment was interrupted by the shop assistants arrival.

Instantly snapping out of it, she grabbed a few bills out of her purse -

"That would be 12.99$" the assistant was placing the cards in a small cardboard box then into a plastic bag, pushing it towards her.

"Here, ya go - thanks, and keep the change" she winked at him shortly before she was already out of the shop. She wasn't someone of many words and when she was done with the thing she came for she'll be on her way because Alessandra wasn't someone who was lazing around, she'd have something else to do. Hopping into her car, she placed the bag to the left of her, the motor revving up and she was on her way back home.

How odd it felt ... to call that place home - it felt strange knowing no one was going to be there when she'd arrive, but she wanted this ... a few more turns and crossing and she was back at block 207. Getting out of it, bag dragging behind her - she shut the door behind her and went for the door of the apartment complex. Noting down the names on the letter box, she made her way back up the stairs to her apartment - again cursing the lack of a lift/escalator ...
Last edited by DeeviousDemon on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eva Ellion on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Derek slowly walked back down the stairs, passing a girl on the way just showing a gentle smile at her. He jumped down the last few steps and skipped to his mustang and grabbed a large box. Derek closed the trunk and walked back up the stairs, balancing the box on his arm. He smiled when he reached his floor again, reaching his room in a few seconds. Derek dropped the box next to his backpack and other stuff. He already had a bed, couch, big screen tv, and a bunch of food, his father making sure he had everything before moving. He let himself fall on his couch, leaving the door open. "nice..."

Eva Ellion
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Loreta had jumped into the shower after she got home. She never turned on the conditioner, so the bathroom was filled with steam. She never properly dried herself off, quickly jumping into BEBE sweatpants, and a white tank-top. Towel was tossed over her head, and she'd rub it over her hair, drying the crazy curls, when she freed her head from within the fabric, she hung the wet towel up and rubbed some hair oil into her curls. If she didn't do that, her hair would become frizzy and unmanageable.

By the time she left the bathroom, it was darker outside than when she had returned from class. The only light streaming into the small hall was from her bathroom. The girl slithered from the bathroom to her bedroom, rummaged through there for a rubber band to tie her hair in, then returned briskly into the bathroom. Light was switched off in the bathroom and she padded barefoot over towards the main room, the floors covered in off-white carpet, there were stains, some small, some larger all over the area near the couch. But don't take her for a slob, she's just a pack rat, but a clean one. T.V. remote was picked up off of the dark wood coffee table in front of the couch, and she aimed it at the small television that seemed to have been from the '80s, as a matter of fact, nothing in this apartment was new and stylish and expensive, everything was handed down and worn.

Nothing was on, she huffed and switched it off. Hand was at her ear, she had picked up a Q-tip before switching off the light in the bathroom, and she was wandering around the kitchen, with her hand working the Q-tip in her ear. It wasn't an act of cleanliness, it was more so because it felt nice to scratch where she couldn't reach with a finger. Mmm. Eventually, though, after perhaps a half hour, she was devouring a bag of chips, pacing in the kitchen with the stereo playing the radio. Though she didn't last in the kitchen, she was too much of an active person to stay put. Next thing you know, she's slipping out of her 1007 door and is knocking at 1006.

"Kenny, you in dere?" Her words were drowned in a slight accent.

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Kennady stared at the tv in front of her with a smile on her face as she prepared the meat that she was about to make. After a trip to the market Kennady decided that taco's sounded real good and rushed home to start on her dinner. Though, Kennady lived alone and really had no one to come home to she prepared dinner almost every day and it was always something different. Her thoughts were interupted when she heard a knock at her door and she sighed as she quickly washed her hands in the sink and walked over. She could hear her best friend's voice through the wooden door and smiled.

"Reta!" She greeted as she opened the door and pulled the girl in for a hug. She and Loreta had met from living next to eachother. The two girls had instantly hit it off and if one had nothing to do then you could find them at the other's house. Loreta was great and Kennady loved everything about her. "Come in. You're just in time. I'm making dinner." She sang as an open invitation for her friend to stay and eat with her.

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:20 pm

As I was walking into the apartment I saw a pretty blond girl reaching under a car for her keys. Chuckling I walk over to her.
"Well howdy there. You look like you could use some help, and i do have some long arms." I say with a smile. As i stick out my hand to her to help her up. "My names Logan Beau. I just moved into 1012."

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Verity stretched her arm as much as she possibly could, but she just wasn't able to reach the keys. 'Great. Graeme's gonna kill me...' she thought to herself, a slight frown on her features. Sitting back on her heels, she was debating what to do about her little predicament when she heard someone speaking to her. Looking up from her spot on the ground, she smiled lightly at the newcomer.

"Well howdy there. You look like you could use some help, and I do have some long arms." She laughed a bit at the males comment.

"Actually I do need some help..." she began, grabbing onto his hand which he had offered her, and using it to pull her up as she spoke. "I kinda dropped my keys under my car, and you see, I'm short, and I don't have long arms..." She looked at him sheepishly; though she had to look up to look at him. He was pretty much towering over her.

He introduced himself as Logan Beau, tenant of room 1012. "Oh, that's just a few rooms from mine! I'm in room 1010, with my brother Graeme." She stuck her hands in the back pocket of her bleached skinny jeans, a smile on her face. "My name is Verity Beck, by the way. So, do you think you could help me get my keys? I'm terribly sorry to ask of your assistance, but... I've got to get to class soonish, and I won't be able to get those keys otherwise..."

Graeme had made himself a bowl of popcorn. It was 'Homestyle' flavoring; his and his sisters favorite kind. He sat, wrapped in a nearby blanket which smelled of his fathers house, and continued to watch the Haunted marathon that was on SyFy.

The room he was currently in was actually one that looked like it might come from someone's actual house, and not an apartment. That was probably because it was furnished mostly with items that came from his late fathers house. The couches were all a tan color, and they had the look about them of being well loved. He had made sure that the carpets would match the furniture; they were a darker tan color. There was a coffee table, which was made from cherry oak, and many many paintings and nik-naks. The TV stand was also made from cherry wood.

He was lucky that his father had bought himself a flat screen HD TV, or he wouldn't be watching TV to begin with.

His own bedroom was more 'modern', because it had been furnished with things from his last apartment. His sisters room was set up the exact same way as it had been when she lived with their father. The kitchen was relatively modern, as the main appliances had come with the apartment, but there were little accents of his fathers house everywhere. The dining room table was cherry oak as well, as were the chairs that sat around it (though they all had lovely, soft cushions that his aunt had made for him as a "moving in" gift).

Basically, the apartment itself was made up of a nice blending of browns and tans. They both loved it though; it made them feel as if their father was still there sometimes.

But, Graeme was not worried with these matters at the moment. Right now, he was busy solving who had done what to who five minutes into a new episode. And the funny part was, no matter how odd it sounded, he was always right about it...

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:30 am

Angela walked back to her door but stopped before she could turn the doorknob. She shook her head and walked in, taking a seat on the window seat. Vanya walked near her and rest his head on the window seat. Angela giggled a little as Vanya was wearing her favorite red sunglasses.

Vanya barked happily at her expression and panted. He looked as if he were smiling at her, and was glad that he was able to make her smile. She petted his head and turned back to the window, staring off into the different sun-touched areas of the neighborhood. It was beautiful outside really, and she wanted to go out. What was there to do? She sighed and leaned on the window frame. The phone rang out of the blue, and she almost fell off her seat. She straightened herself out and answered it.

"Hello?" she said, her tone of voice mellow and sweet.
"Hi Angela!"
"Curtis!" she cries, smiling.
"How's my sister?"
"Fine, I guess."

Vanya whined at the phone, his tail wagging fast.

"Hold on, I think Vanya wants to talk to you."

She holds the phone out for the dog. Vanya practically howls into the phone, and barks happily.

"Yes, yes, Vanya. You miss your big brother. Now let me have Angela."

Angela giggles as she takes the phone away from Vanya's ear. He whines a little as he wanted to talk to Curtis more.

"Anyway, how are you?"
"Well, I'm okay. Vanya still wants to talk to you, you know."
"Yes, I can hear that. When's Vanessa and Nellie coming?"
"Sometime next week. I can't wait to see you again."
"Me too."
"Well, I'd better get going. See you soon."
"Bye."

She hangs up the phone and smiles.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!