Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Byzania: Hour of The Witch

Byzania: Hour of The Witch

a part of “Byzania: Hour of The Witch”, a fictional universe by Madame.

The fantasy world of Byzania, where magic slowly awakens. Whether anyone likes it or not.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Byzania: Hour of The Witch”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Byzania: Hour of The Witch

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 pm

I have Caius up, changed a couple things from what I put in here, I didn't like Erlin. Didn't roll off the tongue well.

I really like Bellemere by the way. I have a D&D group going on with some family, and my cousin is playing a mute, halfling ranger. My wizard hates her because she pulls on his robes to get his attention.
Can't wait to see how this'll play out.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Here's my character image. The Noble. The son of one of the Emperor's most trusted Lords.

Hopefully I can get a WIP up tomorrow. (Pretty much decided it's going to be a man now... no idea why it was so hard to decide. ;_; )

"Schopenhauer was right, wouldn't you say? Life without pain has no meaning. Gentlemen, I wish to give your lives meaning..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kato
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Our princess is done I'm so hype about it!!!!

@valaun I'm on my phone and either your code is wonky or my phone is making it so. So you'll have to wait for me to get home to review

Looking forward to seeing WIPs from our newer people ^^

Madame
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Must be your phone lol, I used the code provided.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:35 am

Ok Val I sent you a pm with some small fixes, and Kato I have put up your image.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:32 am

finally done with sabine

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:57 am

Thanks! Do we have an idea of the timeline as to when the Empire was formed, how long the wars in forming it took, etc.? It would really help writing my character's back history.

Kato
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:20 pm

I wanna say within five years? And formitively within the king's reign.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagitekSprite on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi everybody!

I am interested in joining this roleplay I think it is an interesting story, well thought out with good pick of characters as well!

I have a character in mind that might fit this roleplay.

The gist of the character is basically a female stooge who is trying to make her way in the world. She is trying to prove to herself and to others that she is worthwhile, and in doing so can get into trouble if not thought out properly. The struggle is really within herself. It is a journey and that's something she may not have the concept of understanding.

Her name is.... Cynthia.

Picture provided credits to the artist from Deviantart:
Tick Tock goes the Clock...

MagitekSprite
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:07 am

Hi MagitekSprite! A couple of things:
  • this isn't how you reserve a character pls go back and read the rules
  • your "gist" tells me a little bit of personality but no gist?
  • This is a questing rp it's not your character's personality I'm approving it's the idea of how they fit in to the story
  • as nice as that outfit is i sincerely hope she's not going questing in it
  • Cynthia
  • yeah you'll have to change the name maybe

@Everyone else, I think after Kato and Solo Wing Pixy that'll about do it for our questing party, more are welcome but we can start the rp once they get their profiles in for sure.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:52 am

Waheey, we're one step closer to our fellowship. I'm sure they'll all get along just fine and this quest is gonna be like a walk in the park, right? Probably not. Exciting stuff either way.

@Madame:
Still on the fence about actually writing something, but I was wondering if we're given the greenlight on submitting place descriptions in the world building thread yet?
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagitekSprite on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:08 am

@madame You are completely rude in approaching this. I am a person outside this computer. Why is there a need to change her name? Yeah I might have not had the correct image size but how you're reacting to a wip is ridiculous. Never did you specify what wip meant or exactly what you're looking for. Bon voyage, because of your attitude I am not reccomending you as a good mod

MagitekSprite
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:02 am

feel free to warn others of my... audacity, but to be clear, either way the instructions given were clear enough that everyone else was able to follow them. i never asked for a WIP, I just wanted the gist. as in why the emperor would demand they do the thing they were hired to do. what role would they be playing here? Overall that and the picture and calling them Cynthia... well

I don't think i was rude but it's not up to me to decide if i was offended by what i said so i differ to your judgement on that. And apologize if that was the case. But i don't think i'll be losing any sleep over your recommendations

what a strange hot minute

@Byte, yeah the worldbuilding ooc is open to you so long as you have an accepted character! So feel free to start creating my silent sister *wink

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:35 pm

dammmm, Madame, you got some pickup! People were that bored over Christmas?

Imma have a proper nose around and see if I can do this justice - if I'm not too late that is

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:25 am

Right, so. Ezra is finished, for the most part. I like to paint the broadstrokes and then whittle down little details bit by bit. Let me know if there's anything that is a must-change. I named the unruly soldiers he saves a village from as Erlin men, and figure that could be a point of contention and drama between him and Caius, but I have no problem altering it or anything else if need be.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:23 am

Well done! He's accepted, and Valaun let us know if the history part is ok with you, as Elrin men are up to you. I agree it'd be an interesting connection to begin with.

I'm not against adding one more to the group faith so let me know if you've got any ideas!

I will say though that one more is about where I'd like to be, soon as Kato is finished that's a heck of a group to go with, so one more than that is where I'll cut off admissions.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Madame wrote: I'm not against adding one more to the group faith so let me know if you've got any ideas!

I will say though that one more is about where I'd like to be, soon as Kato is finished that's a heck of a group to go with, so one more than that is where I'll cut off admissions.

Hey Madame,

I don't see much talk of religion in your world - maybe the mythical, uncertain status of magic has complicated people's relationship with the gods and it's not a big part of people's lives. But it's almost always part of medieval fantasy, so unless you're dead set against a religious element, I'd like to play a priestly type.

But not a gentle, kind, grandfatherly priest. I'm thinking a (former?) warrior priest, someone who's used to wielding the power of the Church as a political weapon as much as he's used to wielding his war hammer on the fields of battle, leading his company of devout warriors. There could be conflict between the Emperor and the Church - the Emperor needs the military might of the Church, but is uncomfortable at the influence it wields within his own Empire. And the Church obviously has its own aims and it's own attitude towards the return of magic...

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:21 pm

@Faith I was speaking about this to Kato not too long ago, and yeah magic big time complicated any sort of relationship with gods, whose lore tired in with magic. Any kind of church worshiping those gods would be torn down by now.

If you're dead set on it I'm willing to work with it though. It's not written down so it's not set in stone. I like the idea of a militarily mighty church, very byzantine <3

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:55 pm

It's your shout, Madame. The world has to work for you first and foremost.

But churches are big, powerful, political organisations, so they're good at manipulating folk memory, retelling a narrative, over a period of time, to suit themselves. For example, the first rise of magic was due to people not worshiping the god properly or enough, so abominations were created and 'ungodly' people got godly powers. The gods were appeased by the sacrifice and magic was once again taken out of the hands of sinners, and the Church rebranded itself as the only thing that was keeping this evil magic out of the world. The new magic outbreak isn't so far gone that the Church looks powerless against it, and that's a driving motivation for my character...

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:59 pm

I feel as though there's not much of an "Emperor in need" thing anymore since there's no big wars of conquest going on and the emperor in question has an entire continent under his control to draw might from rather than relying on people he doesn't want to give influence to. They'd probably still be a big political force with a good amount of influence, just not one that gets to throw its mighty military around as a bargaining chip anymore.

Also, I should probably write up something about the god I threw onto my character sheet for Camilla's religion, which is probably one of those older, magicy ones that got thrown out but now seems a bit more relevant...

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!