Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Caged Bird

Caged Bird

a part of “Caged Bird”, a fictional universe by Artsydaze.

Do your Prince have what it takes to become king?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Caged Bird”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Caged Bird

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:27 am

Welcome to the OOC to Caged Bird!

The story is set in the continent of Severn, a war-torn land where various kingdom war against each other for supremacy. You were born to the Kingdom of Alder the younger brother of the freshly crowned king. Your older brother, wary of a civil war for his throne, imprisoned both you and your yet to be born brother in the highest tower of the castle, to be mostly forgotten by his court even though you were cared for as a person of your status demanded. Many years later, your brother was killed in the ever present war, liberating you from your imprisonment. As you were freed, two option unveiled themselves to you: To either make a bid for the empty throne against your brother or do run away and be chased down many years later by the one that would become king in an effort to prevent any other claimants to his throne.

What would you chose?

Severn is a great continent comprising of many kingdoms, from small independent tribes to the great empire of Lucia. Your kingdom, Alder, is a coastal kingdom on the edge of the most southern peninsula of the continent, mostly surrounded by the sea with a great and fertile plain to it's north. The nearest kingdom is to the north and is called the Goulash Kingdom.

The game start in the Princes' Tower, where your character will be freed and be given the opportunity to either run away or try to get the throne. Both options will be fraught with perils as the other princes of Alder will not let a potential rival out of their sights easily. You will be given free reign to do as you please and explore the world with myself throwing an event now and then and making the world react to your action, whatever they may be. The start of the story will start in summer and each day will be separated in time with Morning, Midday, Evening and Night all able to hold one sole action from the player. At the end of each time I will post the result of said action, informing you of what happened in that time and letting you react to it.

In the event that you meet a NPC, you will be able to talk freely with them until the event ends, the time not changing until you are finished.
Last edited by Artsydaze on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Caged Bird

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 am

Is this a one on one, or?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:32 am

This is an always open rp that needs at least one other player so you are more than welcome to join if you wish!

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 am

Give me a day to decide, if you would. But for now, I must rest.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 am

As you wish, good night!

I would like to add that the world will expend as the character explore it, so even if for now it's only the cell and castle in a vague continent, it could very well encompass a whole detailed world on day.

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 am

I just noticed that your avatar was a picture of the Death Note.

c:

Light Yagami is best.

Also, NOW I am going to sleep.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 am

This RP looks cool. However, I was curious what you meant by 'decent chapter'? I understand it is a length, but how long is what I am not sure about.

EDIT:Oh, and welcome to RPG!
My writing is my soul, when you read something I have written, I hope you understand that I am baring my soul to you.

Celaira
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 am

I meant decent paragraph, thanks for pointing that out xD! You are more than welcome to join, as well :)!

Thank you for the welcome!

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 am

xD You're welcome. I'm thinking about it, actually. Though, I'm not sure how good I would be on the political side of things, haha.

Celaira
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 am

I don't expect the princes to be perfect either xD! He can be good in something else.

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

I wonder if he would have a natural ability with sword play. Hmm.

Celaira
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

Yup, he could become a great warrior and rally the tribes under his banner to then take over his birth kingdom!

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Celaira wrote:I wonder if he would have a natural ability with sword play. Hmm.

>Was thinking that when I went to sleep.

XD

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm

The rp will start in summer with each days divided in Morning, Midday, Evening and Night. Your prince will be able to start one action on each of those times to either explore, train, talk to people or whatever you want. How does that sound?

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 pm

That sounds pretty awesome, actually. It's like a sim. c:

Celaira
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah, it's what I meant by Time Management.

So, are you two in?

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Fallen_Ones on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:57 pm

can other people join with other characters or not?
β€œIn my dream I know I am falling. But there is no up or down, no walls or sides or ceilings, just the sensation of cold and darkness everywhere. I am so scared I could scream. But when I open my mouth, nothing happens. And I wonder if you fall forever and never touch down, is it really still falling? I think I will fall forever.”

The_Fallen_Ones
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 pm

I think I am.

Celaira
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Of The West on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 am

Looks like i'm too late to apply for the prince, oh well, guess i'll just wait and see how this plays out..

Of The West
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artsydaze on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 am

The players are all princes, you can apply whenever you want :)!

You guys just need to make your characters and post you character sheet in the CS ooc and we can get started!

Artsydaze
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!