Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Candle Light

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Candle Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Tue May 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Blight saw the out line of the white pawn in his feral state, but no other details could be found. He didn't even remember the pawn appearing, but that was neither here, nor there. Moving to his guardian angel, staying low to the ground due to his instincts, he made his way over to the angel and handed over the blank contract, "You...make...don't...care..." his voice was strained, as it had a growl mixed into it.

The white pawn took the contract from the grey one and started to write down the conditions, he said he didn't care so who was he couldn't argue the details of said contract. Though the ability for him to see her was defiantly a must have. After a few minutes she finished the contract and signed it in cursive while Blight, who had regained himself from his feral state, quickly read over it before he, again, used his blood to sign, he took notice of her name, 'Miranda' huh. Nice name. The anomaly handed the contract back to the ex-fifth lord of hell.
You have opened the gate to hell, and unleashed Misery upon the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 pm

First, Mephistopheles didn't even look at the contents: "Well, won't be the best choice of wording obviously, considering that you wrote it this time... " - But shortly after, curiosity took over:

"Business is business - if you don't mind..." - he opened the scroll and started to read out the conditions, written by Miranda:

"Stupid Blight , idiot, moron, stupid! Condition 1: Blight has to walk on all four and ask for permission for every single action, which includes speaking. Further more, at the end of every sentence, he should add .............Oh LaLa!..." - this was far more interesting, as Mephistopheles could ever assume for it to be! His eyes rolled down the contract, without him reading it out, while defending it from Blights grabs. An increasingly concerned look appeared on the cats face, turning to a frightened stare full of terror. Never in his - pretty long - live as a contractor had he seen something like this. It seemed the full gravity of the situation didn't reach the signing parties. " .... Blight swear to marry me, us having two kids in the future!" - he concluded reading the contract. Without blinking, he turned his terrorized gaze in Blights direction:

"You shouldn't let this woman anywhere near a contract ever again. I shall do something for you right now, wich you will thank me for till the end of your days..." - he put his paw on the scroll. All writings disappeared immediately. After this, the cat moved over to Blight, handing him the empty scroll personally, while trying to hide it from the guardian. "Let me warn you - i'm an old cat, having not the best living conditions - i'll not survive seeing something like this again..."
If you happen to have a riddle for me - i will gladly accept your offer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Wed May 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Blight nodded, his pride wouldn't really allow for some of the things listed. Making his finger bleed again, he wrote the contract himself, making extra sure it was fair for the signed parties. it took a bit longer, and he almost passed out a few times, but it was finished. He signed his name again before holding it out for Miranda to sign, he could feel her pout as he saw her name appear on the contract.

Seeing both have signed, the thing broke his conversation with the counselor in order to finalize the deal. It looked over the new contract and let out a sigh of relief. It seemed that the anomaly's terms where a lot more fair, and not going to shorten it's life anytime soon. Using the energy it had gathered from the passed couple days, the contract was sealed. And the figure of Miranda soon became visible to the bounty hunter.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Thu May 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Before Miranda could take a look at the contract, Mephistopheles grabbed it right out of Blights hand. Considering the whole ordeal was already taking too much of his precious time, he opened the scroll and started to read out the contents:

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Thu May 18, 2017 8:42 pm

'I, the first undersigned, agree to never betray, the second undersigned, unless they betray me first. If I do, then let me fade. I, the second undersigned, agree to never betray, first undersigned, unless they betray me first. If I do, then let me fade.' The thing was impressed, mutually assured destruction. Nether of the undersigned could willingly, or ordered to, attack the other, or else they would die. Clever. 'I, the first undersigned, agree to see and hear, the second undersigned. I, the second undersigned, agree to be seen and heard by, the first undersigned.' The thing expected this to be honest, it was the reason this contract was here to begin with. 'Finally,' Wow, the grey pawn really made this that short? Three conditions? Personally the cat would have added more. 'I, the first undersigned, agree to never abandon, the second undersigned, or Father fade me.' That peaked the former fifth lord of hell's interest slightly, who was this 'Father' character? 'I, the second undersigned, agree to never forget about, the first undersigned,' It appears that the pawn has an issue being forgotten, the grey queen stored this information for later. 'or Father' There's that person again. 'fade me.'

Mephistopheles curiosity was peaked again, what was fading? Death yes, understandable punishment that often appears in these sort of contracts. But the fact the term 'fade', one he had never heard of in the context that Blight seemed to use, made the shadow cat think, what happens when a person 'fades', and how it was different than death. He put made a mental note to ask the anomaly about it later.

Another thing that he would have to ask is about this 'Father'. In the context written, 'Father', didn't seem like this entity was Blight's dad, the deal maker also knew that it couldn't be Miranda's dad either, for obvious reasons. But the bounty hunter seemed to find this person important enough to make them someone to carry out the, 'fading'.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Fri May 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Mephistopheles read the new contract written by Blight out loud, from time to time taking a peek in Mirandas direction to assure she understood every word. Why did Blight have such a fear of being betrayed, to 'fade' and being forgotten? And that towards his own guardian angel, who most likely feels the same. Mephistopheles just put on a weak smile. As he finished, he gave Miranda a long look, expecting a sign of agreement. He recieved a reaction immediately, handing the contract over to her. New writing appeared on the ancient scroll:

"I, Miranda, hereby accept anything asked by Blight in this contract... and, maybe, uh, out of it too... But i wish to keep the right to guide Blight, if i might... Sometimes, guidance may go against ones will to reach best results for ones sake." - Miranda took a while to write - was she hesitant, or just timid and indecisive? After Blight nodding it off, finally her signature appeared on the contract. Mephistopheles couldn't restrain himself and let such an oppurtunity slide:

"From now on, i pronounce you husband and wife! ImageYou may now kiss your bride...It's allways a pleasure making business with you, sire!" - he made a sarcastic grin, while the contract lifted up into the air. After a short glow it dissapeared, taking effect and letting the cat fully drained. Then, for about half a minute, nothing happened. Blight considered the possibility of being scammed. However, after this time a small point of light appeared next to him and raised to the sky. Ascending, the small point drained all light from the surroundings, accumulating into an angelic shape. Upon reaching a certain height, floating against the moon, the winged being fully materialized. It seemed to cause Image pain and sorrow for her to to become a part of this world, filled with sin and misery - and that out of Blights selfish desire. A desire meaning a lot to her, which she would gladly fulfill, giving up the divine and taking on all the hardships in the process. Her body was really fragile, quite in contrast to the mighty wings attached to her back. She floated, curling up to a ball. This world felt cold and foreign and she felt lonely. Tears started dropping down her cheeks, as she covered her eyes with her arm, trying to wipe them away. She needed to remember - to remember the reason why she came into a place like this.

There had to be one - definitely! Miranda took a look around. It was a dark night, only the moon shed some light upon the frozen undead hordes. There, amidst the battlefield a man with long white hair and red suit was laying on the ground. She felt a familiar angelic presence coming from him - particularly from the tattoo on the back of his hand. Apart from that she didn't feel anything -"Not him!". The angel continued to search. Her gaze fell upon a black cat, nearly dying from energy drain. She could feel some mysterious power, coming from it. A power, like from the tattoo of the white haired man, but a lot greater and far more ancient. She shrugged, as the cats eyes focused her. The focus of animal eyes on her, left her feeling like prey, gazed upon by a predator. "Definitely not him!" - Miranda averted her eyes, only for her gaze to land on Blight.

Image At first, she didn't feel anything. Only a small presence of the same ancient power, like that coming from the cat. She couldn't move her eyes away from him however. "Why?" - the angel wondered, as she fixed her eyes on the anomaly. She felt a strong bond, not certain where it came from. On meeting Blights eyes, she stared at him for almost a minute. It seems she was draining her own memories out of Blights soul. "It's him - it's definitely him!" - she wiped her tears away, remembering bits of information. She remembered Blights memories, as well as some of her own. Also she remembered some details of the contract, she was bound by. Some memories made her feel warmer to the hostile world, she saw before her. Some struck her as odd. Spreading the wings, she made a greeting gest, her hair moving in the wind.

Floating towards Blight, Miranda remembered more and more, even making her happy. She stopped right above Blight.

End chapter 3 : fading lies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335LnT1Q1c8
Have fun reading!

At this moment, Blight gained a personal guardian angel, Image who would fight for him anytime, risking her life. Whatever the fate will bring, he had somebody he could rely on with his life. After speaking the words of accepting the contract, Mirandas wings and armour shattered, leaving only a girl in human form now accelerating towards the anomaly with open arms. Blight stood tall to withstand the impact. Hugging Blight, the girl started to cry out of happiness: "Supid Blight, fool, idiot, stupid! Leaving me alone upon coming to this cold world! Do you know how lonely i felt and how scared i was? Promise me to never ever leave me alone again! "

This was how an guardian angel must feel by being able to help the person they chose not only through guidance anymore. Still she was invisible to most of the people, lacking either the magic- , or the live energy capacity through belief. This fact was making her a little bit sad - but that sadness was only a fraction of the sheer amount of happiness and fulfillment, Miranda felt at the moment.

The comments of the first row audience didn't let the actors wait very long: "Now, you know what it means to have a guardian angel around you, boy! It's a blessing and a responsibility coming along with it - don't ever forget!" - Lethaniel was still resting as he spoke with closed eyes, remembering the angel he just lost, to save Blights life from Belial. From another direction, a voice of the tortured cat could be heard: "Arghhh, all this ... love - all those happy flick-flack - what kind of atmosphere is that? - Makes myau wanna puke! I swear by the lenght of my tail, this is the most miserable day in my entire life... Is this how you gonna thank me? Stop this immediately - jeez! - Mephistopheles still was a demon and so assumably the only
one here being tortured by the sight of the angels reunion
with her chosen one.
Last edited by Red_Cardinal on Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Fri May 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Blight simply nodded to Miranda, a small smile danced onto his face. His words wouldn't convey the pure joy he felt at the moment. He always had trouble expressing his emotions, being directly liked with his powers and all. Speaking of which, if he where to use his abilities now he would go back into his primal state and, well...let's just say that when he is in his primal state there are only four things that go through his mind. Sleep, eat, kill, and reproduce. He was pretty sure his guardian angel wouldn't want any of them at the moment. Especially the last one.

Turning his head as he heard the counselor speak, the pawn gave a serious nod. Letting Miranda go, he pulled out the second sword that he picked up, and held it out to the knight, "I guess you'll want this, nyeh?" Blight's voice had a slight playfulness to it, compared to his more apathetic tone that usually accompanied it. The Ex-acquisition opened his eyes to see the offered sword, "It would seem wrong if I kept it." the older man nodded as he accepted the holy sword.

Blight rolled his eye at the thing, literally he only rolled his right eye. It was about as creepy as it was fascinating to see, "You are an awful and terrible being to ever exist. Is that what you wanted to hear?" the anomaly seemed a bit of a smart ass with that comment, "But really? Thanks. I guess this is the second time I owe ya." he said, recalling the fight he had with the counselor that almost costed him his life, "How about we see if there are any survivors, nyeh?"

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sat May 20, 2017 1:37 pm

"I guess you'll want this, nyeh? It would seem wrong if I kept it." - Blight offered the council the holy sword of the fallen angel. Lethaniel raised himself, before accepting the offer: "I doubt, i'll have use for it anymore. But i guess, the last thing it still could do is giving its fallen master the last honour". The council took the sword and carried it over to the position, his guardian dissolved at. Arriving, he pierced it into the ground, forming a cross for the self-built grave. Blight kept the distance, seeing the council kneeling on one of his knees before the grave and starting some ancient prayer. More so, he saw the two angels kneeling to both of his sides. The angels were in a really bad shape after the fight, but still had their wings - which peaked Blights curiosity. He decided not to disturb the prayer with his questions. At least, Mephistopheles held his mouth for the time being.

After the prayer Blight turned to the cat: "You are an awful and terrible being to ever exist. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"Why? - even demons have feelings, you know! I prefer: 'most intelligent, elegant and irresistable being to ever exist' - Myeh? Don't get your hopes too high though - even if a contract is a powerfull thing, it has its price..." - the cat took a short look at Mirandas back.

Shortly after Mephistopheles finished his sentence, Lethaniel joined in on the discussion: "First Gregory and now even one of my angels, wars are surely cruel and hungry beasts. The hell i'm gonna give up after this, letting their deaths in vain. However, only a fool rushes into the enemys traps - i'll have to make some precautions before eliminating every last of those demons!" - Lethaniels eyes were empty, like those of a killer set on his target. He made a slight bow, taking his leave: " I'll allways be on the battlefield from now on - there our fates shall cross again, if they shall cross at all!"

Mephistopheles watched the council leave until he dissapeared. "Allready scheming something, interesting! What a restless soul! What fuels the wars is hatred Lethaniel - your very core - a being does not turn into a beast on its own... " - Blights request to look for survivors fell on deaf ears. Only Miranda put her hand at his shoulder, giving him a nod: "I will help".

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sat May 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Blight gave an appreciative smile as he started to walk back over to town, his guardian following right after. Having time to think, the anomaly wondered if this was the best path that could have happened. Dealing with timelines where always tricky, even a simple sign could mean the world is about to end! Crazy? Yes. Possible? Definitely. Timelines are screwy in that sort of way.

Making it back to town, the first place Blight wanted to check was the cathedral, seeing as that's where the majority of people went to when the town came under siege. It took a few hours, but the duo where able to find fifteen people relatively unharmed, thirty with minor wounds, five with serious injuries, luckily there was a few healers that where a part of the non injured group. Sadly, forty people where dead.

Alexis was apart of the seriously injured, the healer watching over her was doing his best, as the wounds slowly started to heal. It also didn't hurt that Blight was manipulating the time around her injuries. They were in a stasis field, where they can be healed, but blood will stay inside. After that, she would need rest in order to regain her strength.

The search for survivors went by a lot faster than if the anomaly and angel were to look by themselves, thanks to the townsfolk. Astonishingly, the old monk from days ago was still kicking. The bounty hunter honestly thought the stress of the siege would've caused his heart to stop. Miracles do happen it seems. After everyone was found, either dead, alive, or injured, the topic of what to do next was raising tensions among the survivors. Some wanted to leave the country, others wanted to stay to rebuild and try to stay out of the up and coming war.

Blight had enough of it however, "Quiet all of you!" he yelled at the crowd, 100 survivors in total, 50 slightly injured, 25 recovering, and 25 unharmed, "Bickering among yourselves will do nothing! Right now there is a war that has been waiting to boil over, and guess what?! It just knocked on your front door! We proved that we are resilient! We survived a full on siege! Yes, some of us lost their lives, but if we do nothing! If we let them trample us! If we show them our fear! Then they will continue to push us around and all the lives lost here would be for nothing! But I say no more! We can do nothing on our own! But together we can slay gods!" Blight's words gained power to them as his speech went on, the wills of the people grew and strengthened at the anomaly's words. This was the speech of a general to his troops, one that inspires loyalty. One, that inspires change, "Now, I will ask this only once! WHO! IS! WITH ME?!" the entire crowd let out a battle cry. The grey pawn inspired them, now he had to find someone to lead them. He wasn't the leading type, so hopefully they would vote one of their own to lead, instead of follow a complete stranger. Right? Oh, how Murphy's law loved him.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sun May 21, 2017 8:01 am

During his speech, Blight noticed familiar faces checking out the commotion. Lethaniel was in company of the boy with white hair, holding the lantern. It seemed they were in a hurry however, leaving before the speech ended. They left the village in the direction of the capital. If they were nearby - someone else sure as hell had to be too. And indeed, Mephistopheles sat on the roof of a house, standing amidst the masses of villagers. He seemed to enjoy the rebellious nature of the speech, but had to keep an eye on Lethaniel at the same time.

"Now, I will ask this only once! WHO! IS! WITH ME?!" - Blight triumphally ended his speech. "Myaw!" - the cat raised its paw along with all the villagers, but had to leave after seeing the council moving on.

The village after the siege was a wreckage. Completely destroyed buildings, damaged streets and wells and most importantly - the crumbled cathedral- the symbol of Hestia. Dead and injured people were still laying on the streets. The fate surely didn't mean it well for the village. Quite intimidating - the sheer amount of consequences from only one turn within the holy war. Considering the absence of black figures during the battle, there could have been even more. Outside the village the frozen hordes of undead still covered the fields, the wind blowing through the openings within their ranks. If this legion was commanded by only one demon, even without a figure - what could the people expect to fight in the future. Nobody knew...

But Lethaniel seemed to have quite a good guess on what will happen next, rushing to the capital. He took a look at the undead legions: "All this crawling out of the hell, Belial was a warlord - but not a figure it seems - so what's the difference?" - the council asked his companion. The boy only looked confused: "You mean Belial is a warlord? There is a reason for him being the fourth lord of hell. The synonym for the 'holy war' is 'eternal conflict' after all. All participants are immortal - well to be more precise, their immortality is a direct result of humanities actions and beliefs. For Black to ignore the agreement not to interfere with the life process - is what i'm confused by. It seems we have to remind her of the reason behind the boundaries. "

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sun May 21, 2017 8:52 am

And the the luck of Blight struck again, it would appear that Blight was now leader of this rabble. By popular demand at that. Taking a deep breath Blight had everyone gather around a bonfire he made, "Okay, the very first thing that has to happen it the removal of both the dead and the undead." the anomaly's voice was clear and left no room for argument as he continued, "I want a third of you to go around and bring any dead body you see back here...and throw it into the fire."

That was something that had a good majority of people upset. Blight held up his hand to stop the protests, "I understand that isn't the way you treat your fallen, but if we don't want them to raise out of the ground to fight us, then this is the only way." the pawn's eye gain a stone like appearance, "Besides, who here would be able to strike down their loved one? Even is they are undead?" that question got a lot of people looking down, they wouldn't be able to.

"Next, we need to get rid of that legion that is outside the town." the anomaly had to think very carefully about this. On one hand, he could just lite them all on fire, he didn't know if that tactic worked on the UNdead as well as it did for THE dead. Or he could just pour holy water over them, only question was, how much holy water was left in the ruined town? Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Blight turned to face Miranda. He ignored her for to long, he was going to listen to what she had to say now.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Mon May 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Miranda just looked and smiled at him for almost a minute, Image inducing an awkward moment of silence. It was as if she tried to read something in Blights eyes. But then she spoke up: " You don't need to clear out the legions -they'll burn by daylight! For now you should rest a bit. You will need your power in the upcoming events. How about this?" - she pointed her finger on a little grass terrain amidst the destroyed village. "It's the little things in life, that make us happy, right?" - she tilted her head, still smiling. For bystanders this conversation might've seem strange - and it was definitely because of the girl, for she was not acting like a normal human would.

The old monk only wondered "Youth! Changing their minds like a baby it's diapers. Maybe i should offer them my blessings for marriage now? Would that be a wise decision?" - the old geezers eyes sparkled, while pondering. But he restrained himself from disturbing the mood, seeing it was different this time: they were happy and that is all that counts. He turned around and slowly walked away: "Youth sure is a beautiful thing..."

Hell was this a long night. Blight was still very exhausted from the fight. But the starry sky sure was amazing. It was like an allmighty creature created this view for the victors, as a reward for their heavy efforts.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Walking over to the patch of grass, Blight flopped down and closed his eyes. So much in so little time, he forgot how that felt. He remembered his home from all those years ago. He thought the kingdom that laid past the mountains, how the sun light blessed the castles peaks, how the bricks changed with the season, looking warm and inviting during the cold months, while looking like a nice place to escape the heat in the summer.

But then he remembered how those are days of long past, he believed in the old gods because there was no other deities when he was young. Do to his nature as an anomaly, he aged slowly. Extremely slow. In fact he was a little over half a century. It explained why he didn't get close to people, he would just out live them.

It was around the time he lost his eye, when Father first contacted him, his aging process began to slow. Personally, the anomaly thought that Father just wanted him to be able to change the timeline. Father had rules to follow with managing the time line, as an anomaly Blight was able to bypass the rules and change the timeline as he saw fit.

The fact Miranda was with him through out his life just means that she was honestly the one person he wouldn't be afraid to call his friend. Closing his he let sleep slowly take him over. The legion would burn in the morning, he would have to get any able body to an acceptable fighting standard, there was still some survivors from the battle out side the town so they had some experience already. It was like how the old saying goes, it's always darkest right before the dawn. And the dawn is coming, the grey pawn will see to that.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Tue May 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Miranda sat down next to the totally exhausted anomaly, watching the stars. She had a lot to say- but seeing Blight fall asleep, she decided to let him rest. Didn't she herself need a rest? Do angels even sleep? And the answer was no - she checked the surroundings to protect Blight, if something should happen while he was sleeping. She was still his guardian angel after all. Angels are former humans, who have developed themselves throughout their life to be accepted for such a position by the seraphim - the highest council of archangels in the heavens. The chosen souls have a choice of how to develope even further. They can contribute to the heavens, or they can choose to protect a life on earth - becoming a guardian angel and guiding lost souls to the heavens. Usually, the chosen decide to contribute to the heavens, simply because they are drawn by the purity and lightheartedness, totally contradicting the atmosphere of the life we know on earth. In some cases though the other decision is made. Sometimes the reasons are a strong attachment to a person on earth, or a need to fulfill a task while still on earth before advancing further. In very vew cases the strenght of the belief to be able to lead a lost soul to the heavens fuels this decision. In this case a soul link between the guardian soul and the living being is formed, considered to be the link of trust. It is a symbol of the angel holding out an open hand, offering help, protection and guidance to their linked partner. This link does not end even upon the living beings death, as long as he or she is not guided to the heavens. To put it short it is a link of trust, but also a chain put on the angel. This is probably the most urgent reason for why angels mostly ignore this choice. Not so in Mirandas case. She is strongly determined to help Blight reaching the heavens and trusts him completely - no matter what the cost and how many rebirth cicles he takes to do so. She is well aware of 'rebirth' being not the right choice of words, considering Blight is an anomaly. Nevertheless, she accepted being his guardian angel well knowing this fact. Miranda allways had a strong will and the ability to face off all the struggles, while still on earth. That characteristic only amplified upon her becoming a guardian angel - but now she is not doing it for herself, but for the lost soul. As a guardian angel Miranda is still a minor being within the hierarchy of the heavens. Archangels being the oldest and strongest beings, with far more experience and power than herself. Only the strongest and wisest of the Archangels however get a chance to become a seraph.

Even with all this knowledge, she couldn't tell Blight anything - for it was forbidden by the divine law. This was the word from god directly. No being can ever force his will against it. The contract is also a part of the divine law - a possibility for god to avoid harming a living being, while being bound to his word. This was all she knew about contracts. However, she wondered about the figure on the back of her hand. It was a white pawn - but she never heard about the existence and the meaning behind the figures. Also she has never seen White in heavens, yet he was able to command an archangel. The mysteries just kept adding up.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Tue May 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Opening his eyes Blight once again found himself in the domain of Father Time. Odd, Father must want something to be altered. But twice in the span of hours? Something big must be on the horizon, floating into the clock tower the anomaly hovered before the ruler of time, "Father." giving a curt nod of his head as he addressed his creator, "What do you want." blunt responses were how the bounty hunter conducted business. In his profession there was no need for tedious 'hows' and 'whys'.

The old man chuckled, "Can't I see my creation once and a while?" seeing the stony expression of Blight's face Father decided to get right on to business, "Well, I have taken notice of your recent actions,
and I must say, I'm impressed.
" that through the pawn for a loop. Father Time, creator of every living being in existence, including deities, was impressed by him? An anomaly that was created randomly?

Seeing his 'son' getting confused the creator decided to explain what he ment, "I'm impressed that you managed to turn this war on it's head. You see, I foresaw this feud coming for a long time now. I needed something to stop it for good, Anima and Enigma, like most siblings, never truly got along like your other older brothers and sisters. But with your presence unnerves them. You are a pathfinder. Through your actions the world is shaped, and for as long as I deem it necessary will you continue to do so." the old man let Blight have time to let this sink in.

Blight was taken back at the amount of information that was thrown at him. He was related to every deity because of he was from the same creator? He always thought that he just randomly formed, but Father created his to be a mediator between his siblings? Did they know? how long would Father keep him around until he deemed the anomaly no longer was needed? Many questions like these popped into the one-eyed mans head.

sensing Blight's worry and confusion Father decided to put his fears to rest, "Don't worry my child, you will still be around, you will be the patron to all future pathfinders upon you death. Any rebel, mutineer, and militia will pray for you guidance. You will not be forgotten, but immortalized." that made Blight calm some, but he still didn't know how he felt about it all, "One more thing." Blight returned his attention back to his Father, "Nice job scoring with an angel! I always knew you had it in you! Make sure to make some grand-kids for me okay?" the anomaly was forced out before he could retort.

Back in the real world Blight shot right up yelling, "Damn it Father!" this startled Miranda. Seeing he had scared her, and her worry, he told her everything that just transpired between him and Father Time. Leaving out the last few word that the old man had said for obvious reasons.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Blights guardian angel just sat there, watching him sleep. "Aw Aw whaa?" - Miranda threw her arms to the side, obviously startled by Blights sudden and energetic awakening. "I'm not your Father, stupid - you don't even have one!" - she proceeded to scold Blight for nearly frightening her to death. Finally, she puffed her cheeks turning away from him, but eyeing him from time to time. She wasn't sure, if he did it on purpose or not...

After Blight started to tell her the details of his dream, she turned towards him again, listening to the story like a small child to a fairytail. Blight trusting her enough to tell her about his dreams, was a lot more than she expected to happen. "Father of time.... deities... yes ... yes..." - she kept repeating, while nodding. She obviously wasn't listening, until however she heard "simblings" : "Grr, those little brats! Why do you have to babysit them? That reminds me: didn't the girl also have one of those mysterious figures on her hand? Did Father say something on those?" - she stretched her hand out towards Blight, showing the white pawn tattoo.

Shortly after she retracted her hand, placing it near her heart: "I never saw one of those! Something is brewing, don't you feel? I'm a little scared to be honest... - the girl looked right into Blights eyes, while her face became red like a tomato. It was a lot harder to say, while standing before Blight in human form. She turned around, whispering: " scared to lose you...". She felt, she was no match for 'Father' and wouldn't be able to protect Blight from anything the 'Father' planned with the anomaly. And it hurt. It hurt being useless to the person the angel chose to guide. In the scale of the events to unfold, her feelings just might be right on the mark...

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Wed May 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Blight shook his head, he didn't ask about the marks. Though, if anyone would know about them then it would probably be that deal making cat. It's been around in these affairs long enough to know a thing or two. Seeing her turn around, Blight put a comforting hand on her shoulder, "Look,it'll be okay. So what if I have to knock some sense into my siblings? Doesn't mean I'm planing to kick the bucket any time soon."

Turning around, Miranda saw the conviction in his eyes. It was strong enough to make most of her worries. Most not all however. The white pawn still had a feeling that something was going to happen, she didn't know what was going to happen, or when it would happen, just that something was on the horizon.

The anomaly gave a small smirk before he went to get ready for the next day. The pathfinder was already up, might as well get ready for everyone else. He planed on having any willing bodies spar with each other to see where they were at, and to see if any corrections should be made. Then he planed to see if he could get more healers, they didn't have enough for Blight's taste, better to have more healers than warriors in his book.

He would pull together all the money he had gathered over the years, it was enough to get their feet wet, but they would need more in order to grow this rabble. He would most likely go to other small towns, with his guardian of course, and give speeches to grow their numbers. He told Miranda this plan during breakfast to get her input on it, and to see where any improvements could be made. It was obvious to everyone in town that if Blight was their leader, than this girl was either his second in command, or his adviser.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Thu May 25, 2017 1:37 pm

"I felt a presence, stronger than that of the archangel from those brats - it isn't normal in any way - there is something off about this. Unfortunately, i believe we have no time to rally up an army and even if we did - we will be fighting immortal beings - don't forget. It might be a matter of days from now on. There is no way for us to win by the means of sheer force. " - Miranda rejected Blights idea, saddened by the fact, that she had to speak against his will. Still being his guardian angel, she had to guide him to avoid any harm.

"We definitely need to study the eternal conflict and see, if we find a way to stop it, or anything usefull about this game of chess. There is a library in this village. Maybe we should pay a visit. Also we could ask the high priest near the cathedral - they are working to rebuild it. However, we have only a little amount of time - i am sure..." - the angel felt quite useless again, not able to help Blight more than that.

The mystery of the chess pieces hovered over the anomaly, accompanied by his guardian. It seemed, the angel couldn't deliver the answers needed, but then 'Father' gave them some hints. It seemed Blight had simblings - and not only two of them. Still, if they want to make a change, they will need to obtain more information about it. The very nature of time is apparent to the anomaly - it is cruel and it never waits. The will of the 'Father' will be done, when all the chess pieces fall in place. The time was only a messenger, a mean to convey and execute his will.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Fri May 26, 2017 6:11 am

Blight nodded understanding the logic behind the guardian's words. With a time table like theirs, the was no way to accomplish all of that, even IF they could then there was little to no chance they would win, much less survive. Hearing Miranda talk about going to the library to learn more about this conflict appealed to the anomaly. He could see why his two siblings fought, maybe he could stop them if he knew what this all was about. Shouldn't be hard.

Blight was seething at what he had said two hours ago. He, Miranda, and a few volunteers went to the library, which was in better shape than most of the town, it was still damaged, but not by much. So far none of them where having luck finding anything. If the bounty hunter knew it would take this long, he might have asked some more people to help, "This is like trying to find a specific piece of hay in a haystack." he grumbled to himself, hopefully they found something soon.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Fri May 26, 2017 4:31 pm

The library of Hestia was one of smallest known libraries in the kingdom, frequently visited by famous entities however. After the siege only small parts of the building where slightly damaged. The fact, that the library was still standing is probably due to its negligible size. Blight and his fellow men pushed the doors open. Almost instantly they were greeted by a dustcloud, being pushed out of the opened doors by the draft. It seemed nobody visited the building for a very long time. Miranda got goosebumps as a shiver ran down her spine. Entering the library felt like proceeding deeper into some ancient tomb.

Upon entering the libruary a giant and well lit hall appeared Image
"Thats it -I'm gettin outta here!"

before the eyes of the visitors. How could a hall like that fit into the dwarf building? Despite of the dimensions it looked like an ordinary library hall. Benches and lamps decorated the long corridor, leading to an other hall. On both sides of the corridor, on two levels the bookshelves stood filled with all sorts of literature. Those seemed to be not only on different topics, but also from different times. Some of the books gave off a really ancient aura. Old wooden stairs led to the second floor. Blight had to wonder, if those would make this creaking sound you hear from old wooden constructs - surely befitting the athmosphere. Miranda hid herself behind Blight, obviously expecting him to make the first step into the unknown. It would take some centuries for the small group to find what they were looking for - and that even if it was here in the first place. There was no time for the thourough search, so they only would look for the words 'eternal conflict' included in the titles. Considering the dustcloud before, the room was actually well kept - the books were alphabetically ordered and on their respective places. The first thought coming into their minds was of a ghost cultivating the place it was bound to. "Whats this? Nope, thats it - i'm getting out of here!" - Miranda turned around after hearing a strange sound, getting ready to leave - only to be held back by Blight. "You wanna leave me behind? - I'll come back as a ghost and haunt you till the end of the days" - Blight made a scary face. "O..O..Of course i wasn't trying to leave! Obviously, there's no way i'll leave you behind." - they turned back to searching through the titles of the books. After they checked all the shelves in the entrance hall, which took them about 5 hours, they didn't manage to find anything related. Seemed like a waste of time. They pressed on to the next hall, still hoping to find a clue. In contrast to the well- lit and kept entrance hall, this one was significantly smaller and darker. The only sources of light where little portions of daylight entering through the windows and the fire burning on the torches, attached to the walls. Now this hall was really creepy. Miranda still managed to keep up, making small steps at a time, trying to not make a sound, however hiding behind Blight after being
startled by every noise...

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!