Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Island of Doctor Moreau

Character and Plot Development

a part of “Island of Doctor Moreau”, a fictional universe by Aramay.

He first tested to see if he could turn animals into humans. But they only regressed. How he's trying a new experiment. What will happen when he tests that same process on people?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Island of Doctor Moreau”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Character and Plot Development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:32 am

I mean having the physical changes be permanent. Most other RPs I've been in always have it with temporary or die before something interesting happen. I've also played shifters and got bored with it thinking that there should be a price for changing so often.

And I remember seeing something like this on gaia a long time ago too, only you had to buy into it with either the in-site money or actual money i guess. >.>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PolarOpposites on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:48 am

@Aramay Just wanted to let you know I am back and most certainly looking forward to the start of this RP. Saturday cannot get here fast enough. :P Oh, and by the way, I apologize for my absence, there was a pressing matter out of town that really needed to be taken care of, but I am back now and all is right with the world, so thank you for your patience.
"If I'm not the crack of the cork, and the shot in the arm across the room like a four alarm, some kind of danger I look that way, you try to be cool with little to say, I can't be the calm, your bottle of wine, I have to be a quarter, not a nickel and dimes, I want to be the prayer, answered when you meet me, the pain, the bat and the blood when you beat me." Custom - Beat Me

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PolarOpposites
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:00 am

@Kyuu It's a shame that people either get bored, are uninterested in going that far or like to keep their god mode activated. Yes, that's the very one that gave me the idea of doing this, though on a MUCH lower budget. By the time I had enough money to either get into a contest or reserve a slot I read a response from the GM's basically stating that they were dropping the whole thing because of 'reasons'. To say the least I was pissed. I only joined Gaia for interesting stories like that.

This one will certainly not be anywhere near as fancy as what was going on over there but that's because I'm doing this for the sheer joy of it and not for profit. I think I mentioned earlier that I pulled the idea of having 5 stages of changes that the subjects go through and it involves injections since I saw no reason to change a basic mechanic like that. Its the characters that run it who will give it a soul of its own that kept drawing me to the idea of trying something that had source material. As I normally deplore going further than personal daydreams of creating stories in an already existent universe I felt that it would be unfair if I didn't give it a chance based solely on that principle.

Aside from a couple of grammatical errors (a simple fix, already done) your profile was satisfactory enough to be approved.

@Polar Good to hear. I set the date for Saturday because I didn't want to make myself sick with what I still have to do and I'm glad I made that decision. I would have worked myself senseless. Approving profiles alone takes me a good couple hours to pour over with a fresh mind. Easier to mess up and miss important details if I've already been writing for several hours while fighting of sleep. On the plus side. By the time you read this I will already be working on the opening post or have already posted it.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:30 am

and I just realized I put the wrong name on the profile! XD OOPS!

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Saw there were two new males this morning so I edited mine to a female character with a more aggressive personality. It's submitted and I'll post once I have a better grasp on the descriptions and like!

Also if you need an extra character or someone to help with drawings I'm willing to do either, I haven't posted anything in a while, or anything good in general, but here's a link to my deviantart: http://loligosquid.deviantart.com/

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:31 am

It happens Kyuu.

Shad. Don't change gender simply because of that fact. There are still characters that haven't been approved yet and more often than not an RP will end up almost flooded with more girls compared to boys by 6 to 1. Keep them male, I'd rather there be a few more boys than girls.

AND for those who don't know it yet. People with approved profiles can now post in the Facility area. Be sure to read all of the text before posting to avoid inconsistencies.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Unless you have a lot off backed up profiles that haven't been accepted yet, there does not appear to be much other interest in the game so far and all of the character that have posted are males. I was only taking precautionary measures incase we'd end up with a fully male character base, I also struggle with a male character amoung lots of other males so female would be easier, aka I had other reasons to change it up. Please just accept my character so I can post....

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Alright you lot! The posting has been opened that means those who have been accepted can post. Let's get things going now, I want to see this RP flowing!

Royalburden
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Haha, does that make the rest of us unacceptable? Man, that hurts. Tell you what, though: if you've got a specific character archetype that you'd like to see played, I'm very versatile. Let me know, and I'll design something more to your liking. Additionally, I'm down with that 'art' thing if you find yourself falling behind. I'm in the market for a good complex RP, and this fits the ticket nicely. Let me know!
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:56 pm

I hate to admit this but I haven't been so much caught with my pants down, more that my pants have been pulled down while trying to juggle priorities, then tripped and fell flat on my face for the past few days. Between personal injury, exhaustion, bills, work, and familial matters I found myself having to forgo reading/messaging people who have submitted characters to approve/require revision just so I could get enough sleep or complete tasks unrelated to IODM.

As a result there's a good five profiles that I have touched but need changes, or haven't read yet. The good news is I have time tonight to knock all that out and keep this party going. I'm not holding anyone up for any reason other than saying it would be an insult to myself, to approve or reject characters when I'm not thinking correctly. It would be unfair to both parties if I ended up creating anything more than a minor mistake.

@Shad
ShadtheWerepire wrote:all of the characters that have posted (thus far)
, those are key words. I look more towards the long term rather than the current standing. We don't know if the people who post in the future will continue to be primarily male or if there will be an influx of female characters. I also didn't want anyone to feel forced to change character genders simply because the ratio is off. But if having their gender switched because of that ratio will make it easier to write, then I am perfectly fine with that. I know you want to post but I can't handle being rushed. I understand that everyone can/will make mistakes but I'd rather not make ones that can be completely avoided if just a little more time is given. All that being said, I am going to approve or reject all unapproved profiles tonight now that I am rested and no longer in inconsolable pain.

@Royal Thanks Royal! I wish I knew why the forum doesn't let you see unapproved profiles. It would make things go so much more smoothly. Maybe I can figure out why soon.

@ Sylent Unacceptable? I call it a work in progress! Make a character that you know will be fun or challenging to play as, or better yet, both fun AND challenging! Otherwise it's just not worth the effort since this RP practically revolves around character interaction, relationships and development.

As for the art. Yeah, I'm having troubles with my laptop so I'm behind on drawing mine and the other GM's characters, let alone touching the drawings for subjects. I know I will get to them eventually but there's no relief quite like having other skilled artists helping with backing you up when you come up short. I'm going to post examples of art that I have drawn as a way to set the bar on what I hope to see as a bottom line as I don't want to ask for the Mona Lisa but if anyone who wants to contribute who are at a level similar to mine I am always grateful.

Examples:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/ ... 78kfz1.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 6k0plg.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/ ... 5s9qeo.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 6iwo1b.jpg

I'm not expecting people to be as good as or better than my skill level. That's why I emphasize "similar". If its a little below, hey, I'm cool with that. If it's the same or above. I shall give you a million thank yous ahead of time.
Last edited by Aramay on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 pm

not sure if I should post again or wait for the others?

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Do please wait until Shad has a chance to post at least Kyuu. Thank you very much for asking first!

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Oh, Not a problem. I thought that everyone had work or other things to do this past weekend and yesterday. I was just exicted. :3

And I think I've seen you around deviantart before! From looking for reference picture and such.

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:22 pm

If this RP ever gets off the ground, we should probably go looking for Aramay.

SylentStand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:26 am

I am sorry for the delay, everyone. All pending submissions have been gone through and are accepted or being discussed, those who have been accepted may post whenever you are ready.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:30 am

And I also posted in the wrong place X_X fixed, they really should move that location closer to the submit button so it's easier to remember

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 am

Yeah I made the stupid mistake of just doing that again too. Forgive me, Royal. Kind of irritating, to be honest. Wish we had the power to delete our own posts or move its location.

@ Cadmus is somewhat taking up authority in the situation presently. He plans to rally everyone together I think to finally make a run for the elevator. With his character in mind, I doubt he has any intentions on sticking around The Facility for too long under the circumstances. It's discerning that he isn't sure who is holding them there, and he knows he needs to get out and find answers. It's going to be more interesting when he runs into Taurus, and odd that he won't run into any doctors or scientists along the way.

But right now, he is in a warzone, and needs everyone at his disposal. There is also power in numbers. The Facility is a place that most likely they will have to return for food and sleep, and that sort of thing (unless something happens). I highly doubt they are going to spend all of their time outside. After a little of exploring they would be smart to return (unless the elevator doesn't permit it). Eventually it's going to get to a point where Cadmus us going to want to break into some of the closed off areas and figure out what's going on.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Hey guys, I have to go out of state for a family emergency and I don't know if I'll be able to post inbetween that time. I may be able to post again on monday at the earliest.

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:43 pm

I'm going to go ahead and push Cadmus to the elevator and ground floor. For the most part it will be rather open in terms of anyone else joining him, but I'm going to go ahead and step inside and start this little exchange with cow-man. (:

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:43 pm

@Kyuu Yes. I have a deviantart account.

And HOLY *&%#$ you guys! I don't think I've ever seen a place pick up this quickly. Now, I know I haven't had time to do much in the past week or so but I still intend to draw the images. I hope to get started this weekend and go through the list of everyone's characters.

It looks like you guys understand what to do and where to go so far. I will be posting descriptions/announcements, and if I feel like things are wavering I will also post points of interest or event changes.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!