Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bį»‹ Cįŗ„m Chuyį»ƒn NhĘ°į»£ng Sau Vį»„ BĆ”n Sao Trįŗ» Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fire Emblem: Nightfall

Character Profiles

a part of “Fire Emblem: Nightfall”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The kingdom of Ylisse is once again on the verge of war with its neighbor Plegia, and signs are coming in left and right that something more sinister is working behind the scenes, but what is it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fire Emblem: Nightfall”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Profiles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:33 pm

This is the thread where you will submit your profiles for approval. Once they are approved I will inform you what your growth rates and starting stats are, and you will be free to submit the character (these new stats included) to the RP.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Character Profiles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColorsOfTheHeart on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Name: Frey
Alias: None
Description: Frey is decently tall young man with brown hair and eyes. He has pale skin, long graceful fingers, and long limbs, especially his legs. When he is around a lot of people he keeps the hood of his coat up.

Sex: Male
Class: Myrmidon
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 127lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Body Type: Athletic
Voice Type: Baritone

Personality: Frey is almost always calm and level headed. He's very serious and mature. He's untrusting but loyal and respectful. Sometimes he is too serious, he doesn't know how to let his hair down so to speak. He is always tense and battle ready, as such he is a very light sleeper, if he can get to sleep at all. Frey prefers solitude to company, and human contact makes his skin crawl. He's a bit on the shy side when around large groups of people and tends to stay quiet in those situations. Despite his shyness he is in fact friendly. He's a great listener, even if he doesn't care about the subject he will listen to ever word you have to say. He's painfully honest and blunt, if you want his opinion he'll tell you. Even if you don't like it.
Strengths: Likes most Myrmidon Frey is fast. He also has slightly higher HP than a normal one, making him a bit tankier.
Weaknesses: Frey can and will not harm a child, if a child's life it at stake he would surrender without a second thought. Being uncomfortable around people follows him to the battlefield. If he gets surrounded he tends to freeze up.

Equipment: Iron sword.

Biography: Frey was born and raised in Ylisstol as the son of a noble. His days consisted of lessons and social events, which he hated with a passion. He constantly tried to escape the manor he was raised in to try and play with the other kids who lived in Ylisstol. The very few times that he did escape none of the kids wanted to play with him, because they knew he was a noble's son and would get in trouble for interacting with him. Thus making him shy and dislike people, for the only ones he actually got to interact with were posh adults who basically ignored him, tutors who simply teach his lessons then leave, and the occassional snooty brat that was the child of some other noble.

As soon as he was old enough, he joined the army. Both because he wanted to pursue the art of the sword and to simple get away from his cushy life. At first he was teased, taunted, and disliked by the other recruits, for the simple reason that a noble was joining the army. They thought of him as some lazy, jerk who wanted to flaunt his power by becoming a soldier without much hard work. He soon proved them wrong, by working harder and longer than any other recruit. And while they all complained about the harsh training, he simply took it quietly. He was the best recruit that year, the generals argued and fought over who would get him. Slowly he climbed the ranks, eventually becoming the Exalt's personal guard.

But that didn't last long. One day he made the wrong person mad and was kicked out of the army. Because of the shame he felt, he left Ylisstol completely. But he still wished to serve his country and so he travelled around going from town to town as a mercenary of sort. Fighting bandits, brigands, and thieves. Eventually rumors of the Grimsbane reached his ears. As much as he disliked people he thought about it logically. More people meant more enemies could be defeated at one time. So he began searching for them, still keeping his work up as he went.
Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ColorsOfTheHeart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:09 pm

@ColorsOfTheHeart - The profile is interesting, but there are a few things that I must address.

First, and this is my fault for not making it more clear earlier, there won't be any movement rates or critical hit rates for you to worry about. We won't be moving on a grid system, but instead will be operating like a traditional adventure style RP where I will let everyone know how many enemies are on the map and it will be up to you how you decide to engage them with the rest of the team.

The next point I'd like to make is that your biography must be three paragraphs in length with five to seven sentences each. If making it that length with the current information you have presented is difficult for you, then try expanding on the character a bit and give him a richer background. To be honest, the I believe the main reason that you may be finding it difficult is because of the introverted personality that you've given him. Being shy and unsociable (even if the character is genuinely friendly in nature) makes it very difficult to actually give him a life that's worth talking about which is why I suggested in the rules to stay away from introverted characters.

And the final point I'd like to make (again my fault for not making it clearer, though a check of the profiles of the characters I already have would have cleared it up) is that the Grimsbane are not an officially licensed or recognized border patrol. They are just a small band of would-be heroes who patrol the borders of their own accord and are a group that someone like the Exalt of Ylisse would not recognize as a team to send one of their personal guard to.

Sorry for the confusion and misconceptions, but as it stands the profile is not ready and needs some touching up. I do thank you for your interest though and I hope to see an update to the profile soon if you care to do so. The reason I say that is because the most common response to such criticisms in my RP's is that the one being criticized usually leaves in a huff. Hopefully that is not the case for you, but if you have been put off by my requests and wish to leave then I won't hold it against you and I wish you luck and hope you have a pleasant experience elsewhere on the site. Again, hopefully you'll stick around because the character has got some excellent potential and would be an excellent addition if you decide to take my advice and make the adjustments.

Thank you for your time.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColorsOfTheHeart on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Alright. I will make the changes. The reason I made him an introvert is because I myself am an introvert so I find it easier to roleplay characters that are like me in at least some ways. And as for his history, that's my weak point when it comes to making characters so it won't be perfect but I'll do my best.

ColorsOfTheHeart
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:29 pm

That's all I can ask is that you do your best. If you still find it difficult then let me know and I'll work with you a bit more via private messages about how to improve and add to it.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 10tanksonawall on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Name: Raymond
Alias: Ray, "Razor"
Picture: Image
Description:

Class: Mercenary
Height: 6'0
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair Color: Brown-Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Personality: Raymond, despite only being seventeen, has seen enough to remove most of his naivety. He knows how the world works, and lives to make the most out of his life. He also believes that no person or plan can be 100% pure, and that no situation can be perfect. He also believes that people can change, and is usually willing to hear people out before acting. He can seem a bit crazy at first, but underneath his exterior is a calm and caring person that's just trying to get along.
Strengths: Raymond is loyal, caring, and devoted to his friends, and is level-headed when it counts.
Weaknesses: Raymond speaks flatly, and won't bother to hide how he feels, which can often get him in trouble when he says something that others don't want to hear.

Equipment: Iron Blade, Vulnerary, Red Gem

Biography: Raymond was born fighting. He grew up in a relatively poor part of Regna Ferox that was far away from the Khan's influence. Bandits were a constant issue, and between them and a general lack of comfortable living, Raymond grew up knowing that life was rough. His family was small, an only child growing up with his mother and grandfather, his father having left when he was a baby.

At sixteen, there was a particularly bad bandit attack. Raymond helped fight off the bandits, but when he returned to his house, he found his mother and grandfather badly injured. They received treatment, and survived, but the cost of it sank them into debt. The only thing that they had of value was his mother's wedding band, set with a ruby. His mother refused to sell the piece, and for a while, they survived, a poor family among the poor. However, when a mercenary troop came along, offering just enough money to settle the debt, Raymond was quick to sign up.

After settling the debt that his parents owed, though, he found that he didn't want to leave mercenary work. After talking with his mother and grandfather about his choice, his grandfather gave him his blessing, and his mother gave him her wedding ring, making him promise to find someone to settle down with after he'd tired with mercenary work. He agreed, and has been working as a mercenary ever since. Recently, his work has brought him to the Ylisse-Plegia border...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4206431/ I write Fanfiction. It's actually not that bad.
I hate being the last person to post before a pause. I always feel like everyone's looking at my post, wondering how the hell they're supposed to respond to it.

10tanksonawall
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColorsOfTheHeart on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:49 pm

My character has been fixed. I took the same angle on the history, mostly, but added much more detail and a reason for him being an introvert.

ColorsOfTheHeart
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Name: Silka Panesse
Alias:
Description: Silka is a normal size girl of her race. She is slender build, and has dark brown, nearly black, hair. Her ears fall like most of her race, taguel. Her eyes are an odd white color, and she is actually blind by birth. This doesnā€™t impede her ability, and she stands proud with barely any armor and a small place for her beaststone.

Sex: Female
Class: Taguel
Height: 5ā€™8ā€
Weight: 105 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown, nearly black
Eye Color: White
Body Type: Slim
Voice Type: Alto

Personality: Silka is a very wary taguel, and has the right to be. Her people have faced a large amount of prejudice throughout history. She was raised to always be wary of man-spawns and their ways. Because of this, she is slow to trust humans, but to those she feels a connection to, she will follow to the very ends of the earth. Being blind, most people assume her to be soft, but she is actually quite the opposite. She often knows when people lie to her, so she has little tolerance for people who try and lead her on. She has no real long term goals, but goes along trying to find something that will last her a life time.

Strengths: One of the major strengths of being a taguel, and a blind one at that, is her hearing. A normal taguel could hear someoneā€™s heartbeat from across a room, however, without one of her other senses, it is near perfect. She can usually tell when enemies are nearby, and can even hear muscles tense in someone, so she can get across well of battle fields. She is also very stealthy, knowing how to travel and avoid people in the dead of night.
Weaknesses: Her strength is also a weakness, being taguel, she is distrusted by a large majority of humans, so she isnā€™t the best when it comes to asking for help or getting it. While some taguel can use weapons, her lack of sight makes it nearly impossible to fight using them. Also, she canā€™t really hear magic, so she can be blindsided by most magic attacks.

Equipment: Beast Stone

Biography: Silka Panesse, or Silka of the Pan Warren of Ylisse, was born as the youngest of four siblings, all full blooded Taguel, or mostly. After the Great Panne brought tales of man-spawn being accepting, she along with other taguel started a Warren within the borders of Ylisse. The Warren has grown to a good size, and while time helped heal the wounds that were brought upon her people, most are still wary of humans. Silka, being born blind, had this put in her a great deal more than others. All of the brothers would protect her from any threats of man-spawn, but they were over protective.

When she was seven, she had never met a man-spawn, even though some visited her warren, and she actually ran away to the city nearby. She was in shifted form, and she could see anymost anything, even without her eyes. While sneaking into the city, she wandered into an orphanage, and the humans there were very kind. She played all day with the kids, and even beat them and hide and seek. They didnā€™t care about her race. When her parents found her, she demanded that she be allowed to see them and not be locked up. The agreed and soon she started training.

She proved to be a very good fighter, and the lack of sight didnā€™t seem to even mess with her ability to fight. She lived happily until the threats of war began. While some wanted taguel to fight, most still felt hesitant about them, so her Warren sided with Plegia, and moved over to the country, but she refused to leave. She couldnā€™t desert her fellow Ylisseanā€™s, no matter how much they distrusted her. She has been wandering for a while, and is now looking for some people to help fight against Plegia.

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 pm

NOTE!!: If anyone is curious as to how to write out the stats, just look at any of the three profiles I've already added to the RP and you should be fine. Thank you!

@ColorsOfTheHeart - Much better. That is a character I can accept into the RP. So, onto business! Your character is a Myrmidon and his growth rates are as follows: HP - 65%, STR - 55%, MAG - 10%, SKILL - 70%, SPD - 70%, LUCK - 40%, Def - 35%, RES - 25%

His starting stats will be as follows: HP - 20, STR - 6, MAG - 1, SKILL - 7, SPD - 8, LUCK - 5, Def - 5, RES - 1

Add these stats to the profile and you're good to submit to the RP. Well done!

@10tanksonawall - Nicely done, but I have one request. If you could fill out the description below the picture with at least two minor differences between the picture and what Ray looks like. If you can do that for me, then you're good to go.

Your growth rates are as follows: HP - 70%, STR - 65%, MAG - 10%, SKILL - 60%, SPD - 55%, LUCK - 50%, Def - 40%, RES - 20%

Your starting stats are as follows: HP - 21, STR - 7, MAG - 0, SKILL - 7, SPD - 6, LUCK - 3, Def - 5, RES - 1

Add those to the profile and add the description as per my request and you're in!

@LightANDDark - Awesome. Everything looks good, so thank you for contacting me before hand about this as I otherwise might have been a little reluctant to accept it.

Your growth rates are as follows: HP - 110%, STR - 60%, MAG - 10%, SKILL - 65%, SPD - 70%, LUCK - 45%, Def - 50%, RES - 20%

Your starting stats are as follows: HP - 27, STR - 8, MAG - 0, SKILL - 8, SPD - 8, LUCK - 3, Def - 6, RES - 2

The Beaststone that you carry will add the following bonuses to your stats for the time being, and as your character grows so too will the bonuses: STR + 3, MAG + 1, SKILL + 4, SPD +3, LUCK + 0, Def + 2, RES + 2

Add these to the profile and you're good to go!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Name: Cedric Blackmore
Alias: N/A
Description: Cedric stands at a fairly average height, with little muscle to speak of. His head hosts a mop of medium length, dark blond hair which Cedric usually keeps tied up in a short ponytail, but still allows himself to keep a fringe that covers most of his forehead and occasionally falls down to cover his right eye. Speaking of his eyes; they are heterochromatic as a result of a failed hex, so his left eye is a fiery orange and his right is an amethyst purple. Both were originally blue. His skin is soft and pale from spending most of his time indoors. Cedric bears the mark of Grima on his back, a mark he does his best to hide. He isn't sure why it is there, or when it appeared, but he knows that it has been with him at least since he went to live with the archsage the Grimleal sent him to.

As for clothing, Cedric usually isn't too fussy about what he wears. Usually he will don a loose grey shirt, his royal blue mage's robe, brown trousers that are slightly too long for his legs, a loose belt and black, laced shoes. He also carries a small satchel in which he keeps his tomes, vulnerary and notebook.

Class: Dark Mage
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 85kg
Hair Color: Dark blond
Eye Color: Cedric's left eye is orange, and his right is purple.
Body Type: Lean
Voice Type: Tenor

Personality: There are two types of intelligent people: intelligent people who are unpleasant, and intelligent people who are crazy. Cedric falls firmly into the latter category, and is certainly a colourful individual. While people have theorised that thirteen years of studying dark magic is to blame, Cedric has always been strange, but not in an unpleasant way. When Cedric's mind wanders, he may muse over some rather peculiar thoughts along the lines of "Tongues are just meat tentacles in our mouths". He often mutters such remarks while he sleeps.

Strange as he might be Cedric is still a likable person. He cares deeply about those close to him, and is easy to befriend; perhaps a little too easy. For the most part, he wears his heart on his sleeve, so if he likes someone, he will say so. However, this also means that he doesn't tell white lies, and often gets confused when telling the truth upsets someone.

One thing that irks Cedric greatly is the general consensus on dark magic. Outside Plegia, many see it as evil and unholy, and inside it is seen as drawing upon Grima's power. Cedric does not see magic as inherently good or evil, he simply sees it as a power that can be used for either. He is very vocal about this, even going as far as openly dabbling in necromancy.

Strengths: Cedric is a talented mage who specialises in dark and fire magic, but has had a go with all kinds of magic, resulting in good all around knowledge. This leads to him being able to hit hard and fast with his magic. He is also very intelligent and a good puzzle solver. Strengths, Cedric is good with children and is capable of keeping them entertained for hours on end.
Weaknesses: As skilled a mage as he might be, Cedric is very vulnerable to physical hits. He is also inquisitive to the point where he seems very nosy, but means no offence by it (most of the time, anyway).

Equipment: Flux, dying blaze, vulnerary.

Biography: Cedric was born to a fairly ordinary family in Plegia, and for the first five years of his life, everything proceeded normally. However, shortly after turning five, Cedric proved that he was capable of shattering glass by merely waving his arms around in a certain fashion, and destroyed every pane of glass in his house. Impressed and frightened by Cedric's talent, his parents took him from home and gave him to the Grimleal, so they could help him to make use of his talent.

The Grimleal in turn gave the boy to a gifted archsage, who was capable of casting all kinds of magic. Cedric lived with this man for the next thirteen years of his life, and considered him as his parent more than either of his biological parents, against whom he continues to hold a grudge for simply sending him away at the first sign of trouble. The archsage soon discovered that Cedric had accidentally performed a hex, and so first taught him dark magic. It soon became clear that Cedric's talents lay in more than dark magic, so the archsage gave Cedric the chance to try any other forms he liked. Cedric proved to be capable of wielding light magic and staves, but showed no interest in them. Anima, however, was a different matter, particularly fire.

Over the next thirteen years Cedric became an accomplished mage, but while he was growing into a fine young man, his master's health was worsening. On his death bed, he handed Cedric a fire tome and told him that he was only to use this tome in the direst possible situations. The tome was no consolation to Cedric, and in his anguish he attempted to bring his master back from the dead. The result was not as Cedric had hoped; his master's corpse was only animated, nothing was left of the soul of the man who had once inhabited it. Cedric killed his creation and watched in ever growing anguish as his master's body turned to dust. In his rage, Cedric publicly damned both Grima and the Grimleal. Enraged that one of their own had turned on them, they tried their best to silence Cedric. However, Cedric was well aware that the Grimleal would be after him and so fled to Ylisse. For some time he has lived near the border and assisted the Ylissean military from the shadows, and occasionally fought the Plegian forces on his own.
Last edited by Flexar on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 pm

@Flexar - Overall the profile is very nice and I'm willing to accept it, but before I give you the go ahead I must ask you why you decided to add the mark of Grima to the character. Such a detail should have been brought to my attention due to the importance it bears to FE universe, and thus I am on the fence as to whether or not to allow you to keep it. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like it removed. If you are absolutely dead set on keeping it, then I'd like an explanation as to why you want it added to your character.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticcarrot on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Name: Raven
Alias: None
Description: His armor is a darker gray with a black raven insignia in place of the crosses. Around his neck he always has a pendent of an angle holding an unknown object in her hand.

Class: Tactician
Height: 5ā€™10ā€
Weight: 150
Hair Color:Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Personality: A rather care free individual who is often seen with a drink in his hand. He enjoys most peoples company, those he fights with above all else. He is often criticized for putting his unitā€™s life before the mission. In this there is much truth as without a second thought he would go to his unitā€™s aid over that of another. Due to this fact most units prefer to work separately from him and it is when it is just him and the Grimsbane were he shines the brightest.

Strengths: Has a brilliant Tactical Mind and capable with both sword and magic.

Weaknesses: Doesnā€™t work well with other military units and Outside of the battle field he has very little knowledge on politics and shows no interest in learning of it.

Equipment: Iron sword, fire tome.

Biography: Raven was born and raised in the capital of Ylisseas one of the higher up families. During his younger years he was more often than not found in the lower part of the city spending more time with the lower class kids to the point that it was often assumed that he was one of them. This of course gave his family a bad name for not taking care of their children, though this was not the case. Raven cares for his family a great deal and his parents, more often than not, gave him whatever he wanted. The thing was how ever there was rarely ever anything he really wanted. He simply enjoyed the company of the lower class over the usual uptight ethics of the upper. None the less he would be lectured, sent to bed without supper, and the events would repeat the very next day.

As Raven grew older he found a new member being thrown into their family, a little sister who went by the name of Althei. At the time of her birth Raven was heading towards his tenth birthday and found he becoming very protective of his little sister. She would often be thrown into the same category as Raven himself by the masses, as she was often seen with him as she grew. She would be called named and such much like he had been, the difference however was that Raven would now often throw himself into fights that could have easily been avoided, as to protect his sisters ā€œhonorā€. This made his name even worse of course and to a lesser extent his sister. But none the less life went on.

When Raven turned eighteen he chose to join into the military, much like his father before him and his father before him. He patted his sistersā€™ head and gave his family a warm smile of goodbye and as he headed out to his new life, with the hopes that with his absence his sister would be able to restore the name that he had smudged, his sister stoped him and gave him a parting gift, a pendent of an Angle. He had no idea where she had gotten it but he accepted with a smile. Originally he had every plan to be a knight and to fight on the front lines; fate however had a different idea. During his days in training Raven found him sell playing games of strategy of all things, and oddly enough he turned out to have a talent for it. With the nudging of several friends and officers he chose to further explore the world of strategy. After his training was complete he chose to join the Grimsbane as its tactician.

chaoticcarrot
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:04 pm

@chaoticcarrot - The profile looks pretty nice, but one spelling nit pick is that the nation is called "Ylisse", not "Ylisseas." Lol. Anyway, as I mentioned the profile looks pretty good so I'll give you your growth rates and your starting stats now.

Your growth rates are as follows: HP - 80%, STR - 55%, MAG - 55%, SKILL - 50%, SPD - 50%, LUCK - 40%, Def - 40%, RES - 35%

Your starting stats are as follows: HP - 20, STR - 7, MAG - 7, SKILL - 5, SPD - 6, LUCK - 4, Def - 6, RES - 4

Add these to your profile when you submit to the RP and you're good to go. Also, as far as your introduction, be sure to mention that you are a member of the Grimsbane but were held up due to some kind of personal matter and are just now catching up with everyone else to join the battle, and welcome aboard!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:34 am

I wasn't intending for the mark to imply anything it did about the avatar in Awakening, or to grant Cedric any sort of power at all, simply to be more of an artificial brand placed on him by the Grimleal that might lead to difficulties for Cedric.

Flexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 am

How on earth did that Bio get so damn long? Oh well, at least I tried to shorten it a bit with a timeskip...

-------------------

Name: Leanne Cloranthy
Alias: ā€œChampionā€ of RH Troop 8

Description: Leanne is not the most voluptuous looking woman. In relation to someone with a curvier physique she might even be considered plain. However she does visibly show quite a bit of lean muscle and is a bit fairer looking than the majority of men. Her hair is a rather deep red and her eyes are a deep blue, mimicking her mothers. Her hair is kept relatively short as it gets in the way of her helmet, it is usually trimmed with the use of a knife so it is not as consistent as it might be otherwise.

In battle she wears a red splint mail armor and a horned helmet. The armor goes along with her role ā€œchampionā€ in her Rebel Hunting troop. While the position requires the holder to be adept at combat the most important role is demoralizing the enemy. Which is instrumental in breaking the enemy rank. Hence the rather flashy appearance.

Outside of combat she prefers utilitarian garb, military if possible. She was never much one for dresses even when she was younger.

(Ignore the ears, you know unless there is a lore reason not to that Iā€™m not familiar with.)

Sex: Female
Class: Caviler (Lance Specialty)
Height: 5ā€™10ā€
Weight:155lbs
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Body Type: Athletic-Slim
Voice Type: Alto

Personality: Most of the time Leanneā€™s personality leans toward that of a stoic soldier who has seen more than a few battles and is driven by not only the will to survive but also the soft thrill of success. Having been a part of the Rebel Hunters for the past few years she is among the few current soldiers in Ylisse who have more combat experience than waving wagons through gates or patrolling city streets for drunks. The defining characteristic of her life seem to have become her status as a soldier, and currently she can imagine herself fitting into no other role.

Leanneā€™s attitude toward people is somewhat of a mixed bag. She is not that sociable of a person and could easily be classified as antisocial or distant to most. Though the select few she warms up to he tends to share a strong bond of camaraderie with, which is tempered by an attitude of unflinching loyalty towards those she is close enough to care for.

Towards these few people Leanne calls friends she can fully express herself. Which may take the form of anything from blunt opinions or warm comforting words. Sometimes she even brings a sharp witted humor to the relationship that can either end in mutual hilarity for both parties or Leanne delighting in her slightly surprised or uncomfortable friend.

Strengths: Leanne is quite tenacious, having a nearly unbreakable will. She is quite disciplined in combat, having spent many years under the tutelage of her mentor training in martial techniques. Due to her interests in her youth she knows more about magic than one of her profession normally would.

Weaknesses: She is quite the big eater and unless she has proper nourishment she may tire more quickly than usual in battle and though it may not effective her motivation excess exhaustion may cause her to make unnecessary errors. Also despite her sharp mind and skill in warfare she has virtually no capacity to lead anyone into battle other than herself. Having spent a couple years with the Rebel Hunters, she has seen quite a bit of action and it has affected her mentality. Sometimes Rebels have just causes, sometimes they have to be stopped anyways, sometimes through force. Sometimes Leanne has had to stare while children weep over their dead fathers and mothers weep over their dead children. Sometimes it was Leanne who killed those mourned for.

Equipment: Bronze Polearm

[Leanne, Age 14]

Biography: Leanne is a first born in Ylissean land owning noble family of moderate wealth. However, the familyā€™s land and keep are located in a rather far flung valley in eastern Ylisse territory. Despite it being a rather small and isolated valley, the land is fertile and thus lends its wealth easily to the people there. Her father was an only child and is the current count of the valley. He is also patriarch of the long line which has owned the valley since before anyone can remember. Her mother is a cousin to the duke governing county.

Just before Leanneā€™s fourth birthday her family expanded to include a little brother, Pearce. During her childhood Leanne had the opportunity to spend her time relatively freely. Due to the rather far flung location of the valley, there wasnā€™t often as much pomp and circumstance as other noble families might have to go through, so she wasnā€™t required to learn all that much court etiquette. Also, her mother still resented being forced into the ā€œladylike studiesā€ that her rather large family put her through as a child, so she tended to let Leanne peruse her own interests. Leanneā€™s father was most often too busy with doting on his only son and while he cared for his daughter, he didn't much bother ordering her around.

One of the activates that Leanne found she enjoyed early on was reading and she would often get caught up for days leafing through expansive tombs, completely enthralled in the absorbing the information. Though she had little interest in the stuffy and confining spaces in which the books were held. She preferred to retreat from those stale places and find refuge in the verdant surroundings of the stony keep. This often disturbed the family book keeper, whoā€˜s pride in his studentā€˜s passion was often outweighed by is fear that either the girl or the books might end up harmed by their lack of imitate supervision. Though he was even more annoyed with her parents who cared little for scolding her on such matters.

By the age of fourteen, Leanneā€™s love affair with books and the outdoors was still going strong, but she had also recently found a new muse. Her experience with catalogued knowledge had added the yearning for magical knowledge to her palate. He had been experimenting only a little bit over the past couple of years, but she hadnā€™t yet discussed it with anyone else. Part of this was simply working up the nerve, as having developed into a bit of a loner she was anxious about boldly announcing her interests and demanding a tutor. Though she also was stubborn in thinking that she wanted to try and figure it out on her own. Unfortunately, she was never able to continue down that path.

At a celebration for her brother Pearceā€™s tenth birthday he uncle, the duke, came to visit. The duke was known for, among other things, singing the praises of the military and being a notoriously foolish drunk. As he was once again recanting the instance where one of his brother in arms saved his life on the battlefield, a story that most in the hall had heard multiple times before, he mentioned that every noble family should give at least one of their sonā€™s to the military. Leanneā€™s mother scoffed at her brotherā€™s notion, though it only seemed to spur the duke on.

Abruptly asking if Pearce had even held a sword yet. At the response of no, incidentally Pearce was more of a hunter like his father and favored the bow, the duke grumbled in discontent and said the boy should receive formal military training. At which Leanneā€™s mother commented he would have no such training on her watch. This only served to spur her brother on and the duke shouted that he was the ruler here and if he demanded that the family make a child contribution to the military then they would.

As the dukeā€™s comment bellowed through the hall, a hush fell over everyone in it. Except for the duke who continued to grumble on. As Leanneā€™s mother stood up and prepared to slap her brother, she was quickly caught by her husband. The duke had spoken and the hall was filed with dignitaries from surrounding counties. Despite his drunkenness the he would not be taking this order back, he would loose too much face.

In the meantime Leanne had been watching with wide eyes that had quickly turned to fear. She had read about battles and war, that which and more membership in the military entailed. He gaze jolted from her younger brother, who was now also wide eyed in fear at the idea of having to leave home, and her father who was showing a grimace filled with anguish and anger while he restrained her mother. Leanne then seemed to act on impulse, her mind working quicker than her wits could keep up with.

Standing quickly she called out to her uncle and drew the attention of the hall to herself, who up until that point had been a rather uninteresting actor on the quickly evolving stage that was the main table. It all came out as a half incoherent blend of sentences, mostly questioning if she could go in her brotherā€™s place since she was older. Her uncle was a bit flabbergasted by the girlā€™s comments, as though he had completely forgotten what had just occurred. Though after a moment he remembered and agreed heartily, mumbling his way into a story singing the praises of another former military comrade who happened to be a woman.

The rest of the feast was a blur for Leanne except for one thing. The expression her parentā€™s faces, the sadness was still there but buried beneath it was something else, an undeniable look relief. When she saw it she figured out what her mind had before she had spoke out. What her wits with couldnā€™t keep up with before she said it. That they cared more about her brotherā€™s safety than her own. She knew it when she saw, she knew it before she saw. She just didnā€™t know how to process it.

Later that evening Leanneā€™s mother came to her room. There was a little small talk, mostly beating around the bush. Then her mother asked Leanne simply, was this what she wanted to do. For a moment Leanne thought about bursting out into tears and saying that she with out a doubt did not want to go. That the her uncle should take Pearce and not her, that she wanted to learn about magic, not join the military. Instead she put on a fake smile and lied. She had actually wanted to be a soldier as long as she could remember, she was happy to go with her uncle tomorrow. Leanne didnā€™t look at her motherā€™s face. She didnā€™t want to see if her mother knew she was lying.

In the morning she left with her Uncle to the Dukeā€™s castle, leaving the valley she had called home for so long.

---------------

Leanne rubbed the side of her horseā€™s neck as it trotted along. How long had she been riding for the RH regiment? She glanced over her armored shoulder at the dozen or so riding along behind her. Then she turned her body forward so see the two men who rode in front of her. The sight of their rough silhouettes had reminded her of something, for a millisecond she searched for the information.

She found it quick, of course they reminded her of him, the were his sons after all. She remembered a time when she liked to blame that man for everything bad that happened. The one that had in a sense started her down her current path. The one that had saved her uncleā€™s life so long ago. The one that had trained her when she had been separated from her family and forced into the life of a warrior.

She remember the long days of training, waking before sunrise and not sleeping until the moon was high in the night sky. She used to hate him quite a bit. Only just before she had left for city and her ā€œformal military trainingā€. Only then did she realize just how much she cared about the old man. He had been good of a guardian as her own parents, perhaps even a better one.

She let out a small chuckle, remembering when she had finally found out that the two top positions in her troop were held by the sons of her mentor. It had even taken her two full weeks after she was recruited to figure out. Two years, she finally remembered the answer to the question that had spurred on her reminiscing. It had been just over two years since she had been recruited into the Rebel Hunters.

The two men riding in front of her turned out the sound of Leanneā€™s laugh. Similar looks of confusion showing on their faces. At the sight the female cavalier simply laughed harder. Both of them were wearing the same expression as her mentor when they met for the first time so many years ago. When the grizzled military veteran had learned he would be training a fourteen year old girl.

Before the two men could muster up a response, Leanne heard the cry of a falcon in the distance. At the sound, she and her commanders scanned the horizon. The younger of the two brothers called out and pointed a distant smoke plume. The older raised his right fist into the sky, signaling to the troops under his command. Leanne lifted the horned helm from its resting place on her saddle's pommel and pulled it over her head. Readying her lance in arm, she let into her horseā€™s sides. Like the rest of the troop, softly spurring the creature up to pace and toward the distant plume of smoke.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Okie day!

Alright Max, your growth rates and starting stats are as follows:

Growth Rates: HP - 70%, STR - 70%, MAG - 20%, SKILL - 60%, SPD - 60%, LUCK - 35%, Def - 60%, RES - 25%

Stats: LVL 2, HP - 22, STR - 7, MAG - 1, SKILL - 7, SPD - 6, LUCK - 3, Def - 7, RES - 2

As far as your question regarding fixed vs random, you can add it in with your profile upon submission at this point in time. Add these stats to the profile when you submit to the RP and put (fixed) or (random) in front of your growth rates like so: Growth Rates: (fixed/random) HP - 70% etc,.

After that you're good to post and give your character a fresh introduction to the RP.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Ignore this post please. Thank you.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!