Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Lost and Found

Character Relationships

a part of “The Lost and Found”, a fictional universe by Collapse.

A group of homeless youth band together to form a makeshift family on the chaotic streets of New York.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Lost and Found”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Fri May 15, 2015 12:52 am

Code: Select all
[font=garamond][center][size=350]Character Name[/size]
    [img]GIF/Photograph[/img][/center][hr][/hr]
    [center][url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/alexandra-decoteaux]Alexandra Decoteaux[/url] | The Anarchist
    "Quote describing relationship"
    Description of relationship

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/brooklyn-archer]Brooklyn Archer[/url] | The Bitch

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/cara-forrester]Cara Forrester[/url] | The Princess
[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/holly-madden]Holly Madden[/url] | The Young One

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/jackson-king]Jackson King[/url] | The Bad Boy

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/lennie-adams]Lennie Adams[/url] | The Peacekeeper

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/makayla-wright]Makayla Wright[/url] | The Mother

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/nick-moreno]Nick Moreno[/url] | The Leader

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/robbie-amello]Robbie Amello[/url] | The Addict

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/roman-killens]Roman Killens[/url] | The Intellect

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/savannah-stonecraft]Savannah Stonecraft[/url] | The New Girl

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-lost-and-found/characters/zero-diamond]Zero Diamond[/url] | Original Character

[u][b]The Addict[/b][/u]

[u][b]Original Male Character[/b][/u]

[u][b]Original Male Character[/b][/u]

[/center][/font]
Last edited by Collapse on Fri May 15, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Character Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cure on Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 am

Roman Killens

Alexandra Decoteaux | The Anarchist
"She seems very sure of herself."
Like a lot of the group, I don't know her all too well. I know she has values and beliefs she's set on and lives by, which is fine by me. She doesn't shove them in anyone else's face, and she's still nice to the rest of the people in the basement. She doesn't constantly cry for attention or anything, so she doesn't bother me. I don't really need anything from her, and I've been busy with Brooke for the past two months, so I don't really talk to her too often.

Brooklyn Archer | The Bitch
"A lot of people in the basement don't get along with Brooke, but over the past two months, she's been the person I've talked to the most."
I know what it's like to hate Brooke; I did too when I first met her and it took me a long time to warm up to her. Even now, I'm still getting used to her personality, but at the end of the day, she's my best friend and we've gotten a lot closer over the months she's been gone. When everything was normal, I really only talked to her and Nick, and I liked leaving it as such. After she left, I know I was one of the only ones who really missed her, and I didn't like the new dynamic in the basement, so I've been out a lot, hanging with her. Since Nick hasn't come out to me about Savannah, I didn't really feel the need to tell him that I've been out with Brooke a lot more, although I wouldn't be surprised if he had his suspicions about it. Brooke and I have gotten lunch together just about everyday and I see her on her breaks at the diner. I She says she doesn't want to talk about Nick, but she has no problem with me telling her that he's lost without her. And I know it has really been the truth, but I've been entertaining that fantasy because that was really the only way to get her back. Brooke has the biggest ego out of anyone else in the warehouse, and she refuses to get off her high horse unless you beg her. I've lost count of how many times I've told her how much I hated the basement now that she was gone, or how I made Nick out to seem like a lost puppy without her. And now that she's finally coming back, I'm happy, but I'm also concerned because I still haven't told her about Savannah and Nick, but that's partially because I refuse to acknowledge that there is a Savannah and Nick.

Cara Forrester | The Princess
"Cara's really nice, but I wish she would go back home before it was too late."
A lot of times I wonder how my life would be had I not run away. I doubt I would have been any happier, but sometimes I think I'd sacrifice that just to have a warm place to sleep and not have to fight just to barely survive. Anyone can look at her and tell she's not in the same situation as the rest of us. I would never tell anyone obviously, but I know this is just a stunt for her. It's weird seeing her do this because I did the same thing and a lot of times I regret it. She's really nice, so part of me wants to tell her to just go home before the streets consume her, but it's also not my place.

Holly Madden | The Young One
"I would say we were friends, but that's because Holly's friends with everybody."
I typically don't force any friendships with the people I live with since there's no need for that. With Holly, I didn't have much choice. She doesn't have any respect for boundaries, she asks a lot of questions, and she's constantly hyper and in your face. But I do like Holly. The basement can get pretty, well, depressing and I can always count on Holly to ask a hilarious question or do something crazy. Sure she's annoying as hell and can drive you up the walls, but she's like a little kid. It's kind of hard not to like her. I don't mind entertaining her for a few minutes, but I don't think I could do what Makayla does for her.

Jackson King | The Bad Boy

Lennie Adams | The Peacekeeper
"I don't really talk to her, but I think a lot of the others like that."
Lennie isn't really the person to go looking for arguments, which is always a plus when you're living with more than ten people in a very small space. I know she likes for people to talk to her, but I don't see that happening between us. I don't know her, so I'm not going to vent to her, and I don't really trust the person who everyone tells their secrets to. I don't feel it's necessary and I've been too occupied over the past few weeks anyways. So long as she gets along with the others, I think she's okay.

Makayla Wright | The Mother
"I don't know her very well, but I respect what she does for her sister."
Makayla is usually busy watching over Holly, as her sister is her main concern, so I don't really talk to her that much. I'm used to her company by now and she doesn't bug me. The only time we really talk is when she's apologizing for Holly. I know her and Brooke don't get along, but I don't think that's really had an affect on how she thinks of me. I think she's a good person and I can tell she really cares about Holly, and she doesn't go out of the way to become buddy buddy with me, so as far as I'm concerned, she's good in my book.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"Nick is my family by this point; but sometimes you just want to kill your family."
I owe Nick just about everything. If he didn't find me when he did, I'd have died out here. If he wasn't nice enough to not ditch me when I was younger and useless, I would have died out here for sure. I've known him the longest since I've been out here, and because I'm basically eternally in debt to him, I'm incredibly protective over him. He's a good guy and all, dealing with Brooke and her tantrums for years, so I can't really blame him for not chasing after her this time, but I won't pretend like I'm okay with this game he's playing with Savannah. He only has her there to get over Brooke, and when Brooke is my best friend and I see him with Savannah, it hurts. I don't know why, but it does. It put me in an awkward situation. I wanted to tell Brooke because she's my friend, but I couldn't because Nick is my friend too. To say I'm annoyed with him is an understatement. I don't want to get into a fight, so I've been doing a good job distancing myself from him, I guess before he can beat me to it. I know I've been colder to him over the past few months, which is childish, but I'm just frustrated. With him and Brooke.

Savannah Stonecraft | The New Girl
"I haven't taken much time out to acquaint myself with Savannah, but I like her about as much as I know her."
When Nick brought her back so soon after Brooke left, of course I didn't like it. It was kind of a slap in the face, to be honest. Nick is only using her to get over Brooke, who Savannah isn't even aware of. I've made sure to keep my distance from her, and I don't really acknowledge her. It's annoying to watch her think there may be something real between her and Nick, and I guess I'm just nervous that it might turn out to be that way. I can't stand to see her together with Nick, so I've been trying to keep my time in the basement limited now because of that. When I have been there, though, I've made it clear I don't really want to be friends. I'll admit that I'm a bit icier towards her than the others, but I don't care. Nick is wrong if he thinks he can bring in some new Brooke replacement and have me believe everything is peachy. I'm not going to accept her so long as she's between Nick and Brooke, and more recently, Nick and myself.

Zero Diamond | Original Character
"I really just know his name and that's it. He's quiet and keeps to himself, which is all I really care about."
I remember Zero moving in a little before Savannah came in, and I kind of forgot about him after Nick and Brooke's big blow out. When I would come back to the basement, I didn't really realize he was there since he doesn't say much. I think asides from a few cordial nods, we haven't really said anything to each other, which is fine by me. I really know nothing about him and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Robbie Amello | The Addict
"I've been going to him for a few favors."
Before Brooke left, I would typically try to leave Robbie to his own vices. The guy has some serious problems and can get pretty violent when he's drunk. So even though he's been a part of the group for a while, I didn't really start talking to him until a few weeks ago. A little while after Nick and Brooke's fallout, I went to him for some pills. All the stress with the other two was taking a toll on my fighting, and that just meant more pain and even more stress. I know Nick has his connections in the drug circle, but I obviously couldn't ask him, so I went to Robbie instead. I thought it would be a one time thing, and when it wasn't, I figured it'd be temporary, for as long as Brooke was gone. But now that she's back, I know that'll come with its own set of troubles, so who knows when it'll stop. He hasn't told me no yet.

Original Male Character

Original Male Character
Last edited by Cure on Fri May 15, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cure
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bandit on Fri May 15, 2015 1:32 am

""

"Apparently, regardless of both of us clearly being at the bottom of the social pyramid, she still thinks she's better than me. I try to let her nasty comments go, I really do... but I can only take so much of this bitch before I have to snap back."
Everyone knows that Makayla and Brooklyn don't get along. Makayla didn't come into the group wanting it to be this way, though. She's the type of girl who would completely prefer to have no problems with others, but for some reason, Brooklyn had it out for her more than anyone else. If it wasn't a comment about how she needed to keep Holly on a tighter leash, it was something about the way she dressed or how she made a living. A lot of the time, Kay can control herself and ignore the remarks that Brooklyn makes at her expense, but Brooklyn knows how to push all of the right buttons in her. It's only a matter of time before she says something that irks Kay enough, and combined with a bad day with Holly or a rough night with Jackson, she's inclined to offer more than just an eye roll in response. Needless to say, Makayla has not missed the lack of verbal cat fights she's gotten into over the past two months.

"Cara is really one of the sweetest girls I've known."
Compared to Brooklyn, anyone looks sweet, but Cara really goes above and beyond to help Makayla, and for that, she's grateful. Whether it's taking Holly out for the day when Makayla's feeling sick or working, or lending them a couple of dollars for food, Cara is always there when Makayla needs her. She's one of the few people that Kay has opened up to since ending up on the streets and while she knows that Cara will never be able to understand her upbringing, she appreciates how easy it is to just talk to her.

""

"I know that I never should have gotten involved with a boy like Jackson, but I was desperate for an escape and as weird as this sounds, it's nice being able to sleep with a guy out of lust and not out of desperation for money."

""

Nick Moreno | The Leader
""

Roman Killens | The Intellect
"He's nice enough, I guess. We don't really hang out very often."
Roman and Makayla don't interact very much. When they do, it generally involves Makayla apologizing for Holly overstepping some boundary or thanking him for tolerating the thousands of questions she throws at him the second he wakes up (or, the second she wakes him up). She has no bad blood with him, and while she wouldn't really consider him to be a friend, she's completely content with their neutral and minimal relationship.

""

""

The Addict

Original Male Character

Original Male Character
Last edited by Bandit on Fri May 15, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"…throw roses into the abyss and say: ‘here is my thanks to the monster who didn’t succeed in swallowing me alive.'"
— Friedrich Nietzsche

Bandit
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmbrosiaVAC on Fri May 15, 2015 2:00 am

"Entaché."
Though you wouldn't know it, Alexandra's own opinion of herself is fraught with pain and disgust. She feels defeated. She has nothing left for her in life. No family, no home. Nothing but the basement and the people with her in it. She doesn't feel like she is really a part of the group, despite being willing to go to great lengths to help the rest of them over herself. She feels half in, and half out, and that she doesn't really belong. Despite her flirty, sarcastic, and sassy nature, she feels very insecure about herself. Not that anyone would know this, with the mask of confidence she constantly makes an effort to put out. One that she's sure at least a few of the group can see through.

"I will say this; I will not put up with her shit."
Brooklyn and Alex have a complicated relationship. Unlike Cara or Mikayla, Lex does not back down whenever she is challenged by Brooklyn. While this irritates Brooklyn, especially whenever Alex stands up for Cara or Mikayla, it also gives her a certain secret respect for Lex. They often bicker with each other, but also understand each other to a degree. Brookyln's defensiveness of her emotions, however, makes it so that they are unable to become friends. For the time being.

""

"Who couldn't like her?"
Holly will almost never fail to put a smile on Alex's face when it matters, and Alex would do anything for the girl. Though despite this protectiveness, Alex feels that she would be terrible in teaching Holly how to survive the streets. Simply because Alex doesn't want that life for Holly. Then again, it isn't her place to say anything. That's Mikayla's territory. Alex will never turn Holly down for a conversation, should Holly want to start one.

""

"Elle est un bon ami. I trust her."
Alex is closer friends with Lennie than most in the group. While she has yet to ever confide anything in Lennie, she sees how Lennie deals with the others and has grown to have great trust in the other girl. The two are very friendly with each other, often racing each other around the city for fun and exercise when they have the time.

""

Nick Moreno | The Leader
""

"He's nothing too special. He needs to come out of his shell."
Roman and Alex are not friendly on a personal level, but neither are they at all hostile. Alex makes an effort to be kind and friendly to Roman whenever she is with him in an effort to make him come out of his shell that he seems to be in whenever he is around her. Naturally, she can't ever help but cracking a joke about the English at Roman's expense in good fun.

"Eh?"
Alex isn't quite sure what to think of Savannah. Sure, the girl is nice enough, and Alex likes her. But she can't help but think that Savannah needs to do more to help survive the streets other than write. Then again, at the same time, she greatly admires Savannah's determination to pursue what she wants to do in life.

"Il est presque comme un frère. He is almost like a brother."
Of anyone in the group, Alex is closest to Zero. The two have something close to a sibling relationship, though neither would really admit that. Alex is extremely supportive of him kicking and fighting his addictions, as well as healing. She is very protective of him. But again, she would never admit this.

The Addict
""

Original Male Character
""

Original Male Character
""
Last edited by AmbrosiaVAC on Sat May 16, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings."

AmbrosiaVAC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Donut on Fri May 15, 2015 2:41 am

Kevin Davis

Nick Moreno | The Leader

The Addict

Original Male Character

Original Male Character

Donut
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Fri May 15, 2015 3:27 am

"Lex She's beautiful, her love should be treasured not purchased."
Savannah hasn't really been around a lot of the tenants very long to know them well, but as far as she can tell, Alexandra is a fun person, albeit a bit fresh, but that's okay with her, she does find it a shame that she uses her body the way she does.

"I would never judge anyone by what other says, but honestly...Brooklyn worries me. I do find it funny that we share a name..."
Savannah has only heard of Brookyln, and it's mostly be negative, which makes Savannah nervous to meet it, especially have she and Nick have begun whatever it is they've begun.

"Cara seems nice."
Savannah finds Cara to be fun, though she's hasn't really gotten to know her well, given that she's still new to this place, but so far, so good.
"Holly is absolutely adorable, I just want to hug her!"
Savannah adored Holly on sight, she is sure they'll be fast friends. Holly has a million and one questions, and Savannah has no problem answering all of them, even if the small girl isn't happy with the answer.

"Leah, I like her alot, she is quite helpful when Roman and Nick are at it..."
She likes Leah alot, and finds her to be someone that lighten a room when it gets too dark. She hopes they'll be friends.

"Makayla, beautiful girl, even more so a person."
Savannah respects Makayla immenesly, she knows what it is like to have such responsibilities at such a young age, and knows that those habits are hard to break, Savannah will be the first person to help Makayla with whatever she needs.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"I don't even know where to begin..."
After Lucas, it's been hard for Savannah to feel any romantic feelings for anyone...until Nick, he blew into her life, and it'll never be the same for it, especially after that one night. She was never one to sleep around, and she's only ever been with one man, the urge came and only because she truly loved him...it must be the same for Nick but she's afraid to admit that.

"He hates me, I just know, I don't know why, I haven't done anything but be kind to him but it's all for naught."
Savannah truly wants to befriend Roman, they've got so much in common, they both are even English, yet try as she might, he doesn't be like her. He's cordial at best. She really wishs it weren't so.

"I am who I am...whoever that is..."

"Zero, There is much more to him then he lets on...someone who cares hide it as he might."
Savannah knows there's more to Zero then he shows, there's a person who loves underneath his indifference, she hopes one day, she'll get to see it.

The Addict

Original Male Character

Original Male Character
Last edited by MaliceInWonderland on Sun May 17, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryGashes99 on Fri May 15, 2015 8:06 am

"She's, for lack of a better word, fuckin' bad-ass."
The two have such similar personalities that its only natural that they would get along. She extremely supportive of him getting over his addiction of drugs, and he admires her thievery skills and athleticism. They get along quite well. He knows better than to make her angry, as she could probably kick his ass, and he's not embarrassed to admit that. Alexandra seems like a fun person to be around, and one of the one's who Zero's happy to hang out and spend time with.

"Heh, couldn't make it on her own..."
Zero had heard the stories about Brooklyn after she left, so it highly amused him when she came back. Aside from all the stories that he's heard, which mostly consist of bad things, he doesn't know her and doubts they will get along.

"She's 16 years old. That's how old Meg...she's cute."
Holly reminds Zero of his sister due to their almost identical personalities. Zero knows the two girls would have gotten along, so he tries to be nice to her and keeps an eye on her. Since she's the youngest, he's protective of her as well, but he doubts anyone knows this about him

"She trustworthy. I know I can talk to her, and she'd never tell a soul."
Lennie and Zero are friends. Because she's a good listener and secret keeper, he feels more comfortable talking to her than he does the rest of the group. He does think that her curiosity will be a disadvantage for her and could get her in trouble, but all-in-all, he loves her and share a close friendship.

Nick Moreno | The Leader

"We stay out of one another way, and that's fine with me."
Roman and Zero don't socialize much, except for the occasional nod of acknowledgement. Other than that, they stay out of each others way, both keeping to themselves and not really bothered to extend their relationship to anything further.

"At least I'm not the new guy anymore."
She's the only one who's more of a noob than he is, so that's something he likes about her. Aside from this, he really hasn't made much effort to get to know her. He's unaware that she can see straight though his uncaring exterior.

" I don't even know my emotions about myself."

The Addict

Original Male Character

Original Male Character
Last edited by StrawberryGashes99 on Sat May 16, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StrawberryGashes99
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Fri May 15, 2015 11:03 pm

"Putting aside the fact that our reality is just a temporary game for the prom queen, Cara is on my good list."

"She's like a little puppy. She has no attention span, is way too loud and disruptive, and cannot take care of herself... but she's alright. Annoying as fuck, but okay."
Brooklyn would never admit that she likes Holly, because she's consistently the one snapping at her. Whether it's Holly waking her up at six in the morning when she just fell asleep at five, or Holly touching her things, asking her questions... it's just too much. Everything about her is loud and bright and obnoxious. On the surface level, it's all of that that results in Brooklyn telling Holly to fuck off, and berating Makayla for her 'parenting skills', or lack thereof, but what really bothers Brooklyn about Holly is how she reminds her of her own sister. Not personality-wise or anything, but just the fact that Holly is, and probably will always be, a vulnerable child who needs someone to look out for her. Brooklyn wasn't able to be that for her own sister and she resents the fact that Makayla gets to have that with Holly. So, regardless of how cold she can be towards Holly, there's always a little bit of warmth for her, that she tries to keep hidden.

"I don't know how many times I need to tell him that he and I are never happening for him to actually understand me."

"Yeah, I get that I can be a little mean to Makayla, but my God, does she have to be so damn annoying?"

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"I'm selling myself short by coming back to Nick after he has continuously to put the street life over our future, but I do love him and really, I know that he's probably suffered enough over the past two months without me."

"If there's anyone in that basement that I like, it's Roman."
Brooklyn has known Roman long enough to trust him with most things. There are times when she thinks that he's still to far up Nick's ass to confide in him about her serious relationship issues with Nick, but she gets it. She understands that Nick and Roman have a close relationship and even though she never hesitates to rant about Nick's flaws, she knows better than to expect Roman to abandon Nick just because she wants him to. Over the past two months, aside from occasionally seeing Cara, Roman has been the only person she's seen, and after much convincing, it was him who got her to move back in.

"Who?"
Savannah moved in after Brooklyn left, and neither Cara nor Roman referenced her existence over the past two months. Needless to say, Brooklyn will not be happy when she does find out who Savannah is and how... comfortable she's made herself in the group.

"Who?"
Brooklyn and Zero have never met, since Zero moved in after Brooklyn moved out.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writer on Fri May 15, 2015 11:44 pm

"Brooklyn went away after Nick was mean to her, and I think maybe she went to hell since that's where Kay always tells her to go, but I hope she comes back soon."
Brooklyn is undoubtedly the least accepting of the group when it comes to Holly's energy and exuberance. To some extent, Brooklyn can't be blamed. Holly does find her to be more interesting than some of the others. She always has pretty clothes and lots of makeup, and it's impossible for Holly to resist rummaging through the blonde's things whenever she has the chance. Between that, and the fact that Holly is able to believe that Brooklyn's just in a bad mood or is kidding when she insults her, she never gets the message that Brooklyn doesn't like her as much as Holly likes her.

"I love Cara so, so, so much! When Makayla needs to go to her job, I get to stay with Cara some times and she always takes me to cool places and buys me whatever I want."
Holly adores Cara because she's one of the few people who can really deal with Holly's energy. Cara never shows that she gets bothered or tired with her, and is always offering to bring her places when it's clear that Makayla is drained or has to make money. Holly is probably one of the ones who is more aware of how Cara isn't in the same situation as them, because she's the one who Holly turns to when Kay says they don't have enough money to buy some silly toy or candy.

"Me and Kay don't like him."
Jackson can be an ass in general, but because of his secret relationship with her sister, he tends to be even more sarcastic and bothersome to Makayla. Holly doesn't realize that there's any sexual tension beneath these interactions, or that the sexual tension is put into action when she's asleep, so she simply believes that Jackson is as mean as Makayla sometimes claims.

"Did you know that her hair isn't really that color?"
Makayla used to take Holly to a hair salon in Harlem to get her hair dyed. One of her friends worked there and with that connection, the cost was just barely manageable for Kay. However, when the friend quit and it was apparent that Makayla could not afford the asking prices of most of the other salons in their area, she turned to Lennie and asked her if she'd help dye Holly's hair every now and then. It instantly won Lennie brownie points in Holly's book, and she's liked her more than she would have since then.

"Kay is my favorite person in the whole world."
Holly needs Makayla more than anyone else. They may not be biologically related, but Makayla has become the only family that she has, and really, her world. If it weren't for Kay, there's no way that Holly would survive on the streets, considering how she could barely survive at home when Kay wasn't around. Whether it's making sure that Holly eats more than just candy, finds a place for them to shower, or buys her clothes, Makayla is always there to make sure that Holly is okay. Her sister works to not only support herself, but the both of them, and while Holly doesn't really grasp how bad of a situation they're in, or how Makayla is struggling, she does appreciate the affection she shows her. Their relationship blurs the line between one between sisters, and one between a mother and daughter.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"Well, I think that Nick is nice when he's not being mean to Brooklyn, and when he's not smoking because that causes cancer, and that will make him die."

"Robbie likes slushies just like I do. Yesterday me and Kay got blue slushies and they were so good. I bet Robbie would have liked it, but he was asleep and Kay wouldn't let me buy one for him."
Like with most people, Holly has no problem with approaching Robbie to talk about anything. Makayla does seem more wary of him since she isn't as ignorant to his addiction issues as Holly is, but when Holly speaks to him and he's sober enough to be coherent, she thinks he's smart and funny.

"He has a lot of tattoos. If I had to guess how many, I would probably say eighty two."
If you asked Holly, she would tell you that Roman is most definitely one of her friends. Whenever he's around, which hasn't been much lately, she doesn't hesitate to strike up a conversation about... anything. It could be anything from telling him about a dog she saw earlier that day while walking with Kay or questioning why his knuckles are always bruised and torn up. She does most of the talking and is usually interrupted by Makayla calling her back over to their area, so she doesn't even notice how quiet and isolated he prefers to be. Besides, he usually does a good job at entertaining her thoughts for the few minutes she does talk to him, so Holly of all people, has no reason to notice that he's not as interested in conversing with her as she is with him.

"Kay said that Savannah is a writer and I know that those are people who make books, but no one likes books. Maybe no one liked Savannah's book and that's why she doesn't have her own house. She should have made movies instead, because everyone likes Zac Efron and he makes movies, not books."
Holly definitely likes Savannah, because it's pretty hard for Holly to dislike anyone who can tolerate her endless energy and intrusive questions. Academics and learning are the things that Holly hates more than anything, and even if Savannah isn't shoving books down her throats, once Holly learned to associate the newest member with books and reading, she became a little bit skeptical of her. She isn't mean to her, since there isn't a bad bone in Holly's body, but she constantly questions why Savannah likes reading and is never satisfied with the answers. It isn't unusual to hear Holly listing other hobbies or lines of work that she thinks would suit Savannah better.

"His name is the same word that Kay says when I ask her how many dogs she's going to get me for my birthday."
Zero is a quiet guy, someone who easily fades into the background of the basement scene. He looks like someone who might be rough and tough, but he's surprisingly kind and tolerant to Holly. She probably wouldn't notice if he didn't say a word when she rambled on and on to him, but he does go out of his way to be more friendly to her than he is to many of the others. He's definitely someone who she has no reservations in approaching and talking to, but that probably doesn't say much with Holly being who she is.

Writer
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Cara grew up with girls with attitudes far worse than Brooklyn's, so her condescending, egotistical attitude wasn't so off-putting to Cara. The girls bonded one night when they ended up at the same club far too late one night, and have been as close to friends as friends gets with Brooklyn, ever since. The relationship really only works because Cara is passive towards most of Brooklyn's aggressive or degrading comments, because she gets her fair share of those. She just knows that this is Brooklyn's personality and she isn't actively trying to start problems with Cara. It's just how she is, and at this point, Cara just goes with it.

Holly is a breath of fresh air in the basement. Maybe Cara is just too detached from the grim lives that many of them face, but she sees Holly's optimism and innocence as being hope. If a girl like that, who has been through what she's been through, is able to come out of it with an attitude so unscathed, there's got to be hope for everyone else. Holly can be overbearing but Cara has always been a fan of kids and she tends to have enough patience to deal with the redhead. If anything, Holly is an excuse for her to get out and do things. She can take Holly literally anywhere and knows that she's going to be laughing and having a good time.

Jackson is good enough looking that when Cara was wasted one night, he looking really good looking. She was too drunk to know what she was doing, but the two of them ended up sleeping together that night when no one else was around. Since then, they've hooked up on a fairly regular basis, though every time shares the similar fact of Cara being way too drunk for her own good. Sober, she finds Jackson to be entertaining. His bad boy ways and charm are alluring, but not so much that they don't leave Cara rolling her eyes half of the time.

Cara finds Brooklyn to be fun when they go out, but Makayla is the girl that she feels connected to on a more real level. She knows that Makayla's life has been much harder than her own and nothing about their backgrounds connect them, but Makayla is such a genuine girl that the two just click. Cara does whatever she can to help Kay with Holly because she really does feel bad that a girl her age is in such a bad predicament. If there was anyone in the group that Cara wished had it better, it would be Makayla.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
Cara would consider Nick to be a friend. They aren't especially close or anything, but Nick used to sell weed and prescription pills to some of the kids who went to her private school, so she's known him for a few years. About a year ago, she stumbled upon him at a club and drunkenly confessed her situation to him, and that was how she ended up with the group. She appreciates what he's done for her and the other kids, but doesn't feel like she owes him as much as the others might, since she knows that she doesn't need to be living here as much as they do.

Roman is one of the quieter ones in the warehouse, and Cara respects that. She too doesn't go out of her way to make friendships and she wouldn't try to bother him with a friendship that he doesn't seem to want. The two are on a neutral level and Cara is okay with that.

Cara doesn't know Savannah very well since whenever she's in the warehouse, she's usually with Nick. From what she does know, she seems like a nice girl who is just down on her luck. Cara would certainly be open to a friendship with her, however.

Last edited by LaurenAFI on Sat May 16, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Sat May 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Nick Moreno
ImageImageImage

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duct Tape on Sat May 16, 2015 7:17 pm

"Yes. I fucked up, but shit dude I apologized."
Alex and Robbie used to get along just fine so much so that they would occasionally hit scores together. Of course all things come to an end. Fairly recently the two were working together and Robbie figured it would be a good idea to pop a couple pills while on look out, with adverse side effects. Instead of taking the edge off it heightened it resulting in a broken window, an alarm and him ditching her in a tight spot. Not something one easily gets over.

"It's mainly bad tension between us but there have been a time or two we were fine with each other."
Brooklyn and Robbie almost never get along and thus don't really spend much time together. However the two have had their share a conversations that went on without a hitch. Her leaving didn't really have any sort of effect on him but now that she's back she's sure to start kicking shit up again and although he kind of finds it amusing it adds to his headaches.

"Never really talked with her, but I get the feeling she's not a fan."

"I've dealt with others way more annoying than this kid. Plus she always manages to get a smile outta me."
Holly may be considered as annoying it's just one of those things that doesn't really have an effect on Robbie. He doesn't care if she starts to talk his ear off, it's something to keep his mind from wandering. She's got that charm to her that makes living in this dank basement sort of reasonable.

""

""

""

Nick Moreno | The Leader
""

"Normally I'd keep to my side of the basement and he'd keep to his but not lately."
Roman and Robbie never really had a reason to share many conversations but that all changed after Brooke left the group. Her leaving was the last thing Roman needed apparently. Its understandable why he didn't go to Nick, the two of them are closer than family, and this wasn't something you would go to family for. Robbie was the next best thing seeing as he usually has something for any problem.

""

"After that shit with Lex I doubt he'll be cool with me anytime soon."
Last edited by Duct Tape on Mon May 18, 2015 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Duct Tape
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ☿Urania☿ on Sat May 16, 2015 9:19 pm

""

""

""
""

""

""

""

Nick Moreno | The Leader
""

""

""

""

The Addict
""

Original Male Character
""

Original Male Character
""

☿Urania☿
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!