Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

christmas {ooc}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

christmas {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Emily Essex had always had a good life. She was a college student in California, raised in Massachusetts by the extremely wealthy Essex couple. Emily was the second child of five, and although they constantly bickered with each other, they were a close family. John and Rose Essex, her parents, only wanted the best for her in life. They supported her financially with whatever decision she made in life, but that didn’t mean that they kept their opinions to themselves. You see, when you come from a family with such wealth, social standards come along with it.

Christmas Eve is the day that Emily is scheduled to come home, and a week before the date she called her family, letting them know that she was bringing someone with her. A boyfriend. No one had heard of this boy, Brendan Williams, until today, and yet Emily says that she has been dating him for nearly two years. The reason why she hasn’t told her family is clear; he wouldn’t fit their standards. Brendan comes from a middleclass family in New Mexico, and attends the same college as Emily does. They met during their freshman year and instantly clicked, and now that they are engaged, Emily knew that she had to bring him to meet the family. She plans on having them spend a few days together and then announcing the engagement, but knowing her family, nothing will work out well. To make matters worse, her older sister has invited her fiance and her older brother has invited his girlfriend, both of whom are somewhat approved by the family, so there will be even more people around to judge.

Rules:
-Please don’t join if you aren’t going to be able to post. If you can't post atleast once every three days, do not bother joining.
-This is going to be a literate role play, meaning that I will expect atleast 300 words in each post. Please make sure that you are using decent spelling and grammar.
-I can add additional characters, but only once all spots have been filled.
-I will not reserve spots. You may place a partial up so I know that you are trying for a spot, and I will wait to decide who gets the role if you do so, but I am not reserving.

Signup:
Role:
Name:
Appearance: Photographs and or detailed descriptions only

Roles: (All names can be changed!)
Mr. John Essex- StarStruck
Mrs. Rose Essex- Chinchilla
Oldest Essex- Lavender
Second Essex: Male (22)
Emily Essex- Cinderstella
Fourth Essex- (19)
Fifth Essex- Fantasygirl
Sixth Essex- British
Brendan Williams- (21)
Oldest Essex boyfriend- Chinchilla
Second Essex's girlfriend- RaeRaeButterfly
Last edited by StarStruck on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StarStruck
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: christmas {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cinderstella on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:01 pm

ImageRole: Emily Essex
Name: Emily Lilliana Essex
Personality: Underneath the exterior of wealth that she was born into, there is a somewhat humble individual. She loathes having attention drawn to her, and hates having to make speeches and things of the like. Some may describe her as shy, but there is a strong girl in there somewhere; she just hasn't had a reason to erupt quite yet.

Emily is a sisterly person. She is a shoulder to cry on and normally gives good general advice on certain matters. Her father says she inherited his wisdom and her mother's dramatic emotions. (Emily was known to throw a tantrum or two, mostly in her younger years.) She is a loving individual but so far only her current boyfriend has seen the genuinely happy side of her. Growing up, sure, her family was close-knit, but she never felt that she could truly be herself. Now, she has to step up and be who she really is, or she may lose the love of her life. Needless to say, standing up to her family is not the highlight of her Christmas.
Likes: Lounging around the house in her pajamas, playing the piano, humming, Reese's peanut butter cups, laughing, kittens, and long hugs.
Dislikes Her family's snobbery, confrontation, little dogs, the trumpet, PC computers, beer, and scratchy sweaters.
Appearance: Em is somewhat petite, reaching a height of five feet and six inches, with an hourglass waist and average curves. She's got a slightly pale complexion but not one that can never tan. Her hair is a bit past her shoulders in length, and dark brown in color, with a natural wave to it. Her eyes are hazel, and her smile is small but cute. Overall, she is a lovely young woman, and might I add has a keen sense for fashion.

finished. let me know if she needs changing. (:
Last edited by Cinderstella on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow my twitter. <3

also, check out my youtube stuff! music & more ;) http://www.youtube.com/user/destinyendearing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cinderstella
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Can I have my old spot? I believe it was the oldest Essex. Do you have the link to the old thread? :D

ImageRole Oldest Essex
Name: Julianna Evelyn Essex
Personality: Sarcasm is her middle name. Well, not really, but it would definitely suit this young woman. She is known by her family as rude and blunt, not really caring what other people think of her and liking things to go the way she wishes. Now, she won't throw a tantrum if she doesn't get what she wants, but she just might make your life a living hell. Underneath her rough exterior, though, lies a truly affectionate girl, definitely accustomed to kisses and hugs and cuddling and all that sappy stuff. She loves to rub it in when she's with her family that she can be her own, independent person. Especially enjoying to annoy her mother.
Likes: Chocolate anything, cozy sweaters & scarves, acoustic music, salsa dancing, being lovey-dovey with Andy, just Andy in general, vintage clothing.
Dislikes: Hot tea; she'd much prefer coffee, tacky decorating, huge houses, her mother's high standards, the way she is so damned like Rose.
Last edited by Lavender on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:06 pm

disregard please.
Last edited by RaeRaeButterfly on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:09 pm

Role: Fifth Essex
Name: Charlotte Jamie Essex
Personality: Charlotte's a very gentle girl but if you get her angry she will burst into screams. Although it may not seem to show, shyness runs through her veins. Charlotte will refuse to do anything in front of a huge group of people so don't ever try and pressure her to do anything that involves her in front of a large group of people. Her angry side is next. She normally tends to yell and bicker ; it's not hard to calm her down from this at all just hold her back and possibly give her a little slap and she'll most likely stop. Now to her slightly better side, in other words kind side, she tends to help out in any way she possibly can. Charlotte loves to crack friendly jokes, never any to harm, she hates when others make a joke that is cruel to another human or animal. The rest of her personality you'll just need to be around her to get the full aspect of her.
-Singing
-Cuddling
-Her siblings
-Rain
-Wind
-Making others laugh
-Helping out
-Having fun
-Hanging out with friends
-Sitting by the fire
-Hot chocolate
-Winter
-Christmas

Dislikes:
-Dancing
-Sushi
-Sun
-Seeing other upset
-When she can't do anything to help
-When she gets yelled at
-Marsh mellows
-Vanilla
-Being sick
-Crying
-Singing in front of her family
-When people ruin Christmas
-Cats
-Rude people

Appearance: One,Two, Three, Four , and Five

Trying out for the fourth Essex sibling.
Last edited by Caille on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Lavender, I changed things up so the oldest Essex is now a male.

Rae, Emily looks good but I'm going to wait a little while to see if anyone else is interested also :)!

StarStruck
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Name: Rosanne Kelly Essex, Just Rose.

Personality: Rose is a difficult woman, believe it or not. She may be a strict, up to standards mother, but she is a tough wife as well. The woman likes things her way, or the highway, which is one of the reasons why she's difficult, but the biggest reason is that she's a clinical hypochondriac. Not only does she actually believes she's sick with something but she also complains about it almost at every chance she gets. Materialistic, high maintenance, and a complete neat freak, she always has to look her best or she panics, which is most likely blowing up at her children, not in public of course, never in public. She prizes herself as a classy woman, she is one of the Essex women after all, even if it is her husband's name. Nearly all of the Essex women are well off, successful, beautiful, and rich, and not to mention with a reputation that puts a Saint in the same category as say, Marlin Manson. She's sometimes too honest to the point of hurting someone. She never gives false compliments and does not know how to flatter. However, if she does say something nice to you, you can be assured that it is truly sincere and is coming straight from the heart. Although there are plenty of negative things listed about Rose, she isn't at all bad; she's passionate, loving, creative, loyal, energetic, and at times a little bit too emotional, but that can be fixed with a glass of white wine.

Hidden Causes.
    Being involved.
    Work That is Meaningful.
    Being Persuasive.
    Alcoholic Beverages.
    Sunlight.
    Her gay Hairstylist.
    Her daughters.

Dislikes:
    Being Given Only Surface data.
    Taken Advantage of.
    Demeaning Jobs.
    Shallow Relationships.
    Flattery and Flattering.
    Banks, ironically.
    Beaches.
    Bugs.

Appearance: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Name: Andres Martin Castello, Just call him Andy.

Personality: An outgoing individual, laughter and positivity are the best aspects of his personality. Although sometimes his jokes can be prolonged or go a little bit too far. He's an easy person to get along with, he can be serious when the situation requires it, but he'd much prefer to goof around. How did someone like him get to snatch the oldest Essex girl? He may not have the same materialistic values as other wealthy sons, but he's got the status, his father being a great Italian politician, one of the most influential men in Europe. He may have the riches and a comfortable life, but he's a rebel at heart, and gladly, that was enough to catch the eye of one of the Essex girls. Andy still has a love and hate relationship with the girl's mother. Otherwise, Rose is very glad that her daughter has a bright and cultural individual like Andy for a Fiance.

"Why does everything you say sound so intense and interesting?"

"I'm Italiano, baby, everything I say- you hang on it lik'a forbidden fruit."

His girlfriend.
    Valentines day.
    Dinner Parties.
    Ramen Soup.
    College.
    Going out night crawling.

Dislikes:
    His Two older brothers.
    Tuxedos.
    Bright Light.
    Heat.
    Phones, he always ends up breaking them.
    Sunglasses.

Appearance: 1, 2, 3.
Last edited by Chinchilla on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
.Chinchilla & Cinderstella.

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Chinchilla and Lavender, I changed the plot a bit to allow you to have your two characters back, but please make sure to read over the plot because it is a bit different than last time. You are both accepted.

I really need everyone to be active for this roleplay. Posting once every three days is the minimum, because I truly don't want this to die. If you think this is going to be a problem for you, PLEASE do not join!
(This is not directed at you two^ specifically, just to everyone in general.)

StarStruck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm leaking creativity from the ears, so I'm sure you won't have trouble with me.

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:41 pm

I will be trying for the youngest Essex spot. I know that Emily and her boyfriend are secretly enaged and it says that the oldest Essex is engaged too, correct?

British
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Oldest Essex is not engaged yet. But That's Andy's plan.

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:59 pm

I am pretty sure that in the plot it says the oldest Essex's "fiancé" invited his brother also.

British
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Oh crud, was that there the entire time? Haha kay, I will adjust

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Role: 5th Essex
Name: Jane Rose Essex
Personality: Jane reflects her mother in many ways. She loves looking nice and having the nicest things, and tends to throw fits if she doesn’t. Her mother is probably her biggest influence and role model, which isn’t always the best thing due to her mother’s snappy perfectionist ways. She feels as if she’s always trying to live up to what her older siblings have done and if she doesn’t, she will be living in their shadow and will be nothing special to her mother. This also relates to her loud and sometimes obnoxious ways. If she isn’t getting attention from her parents for average things, she’ll find other ways to make them focus on just her. Whether it’s lashing out at a teacher in school or throwing a fit in a store, Jane will do it to make sure that her parents notice her. She wishes that her mother had more time for her and not just for social events, but she loves her mother nonetheless and tends to obey her more than she does to her father, and definitely more than her siblings. When it comes to them, Jane tends to take advantage of being the youngest and will often complain to her mother about how they don’t ever play with her and how she misses the ones that have moved out. When they are all home together though, she tends to annoy the hell out of them for attention.
Likes: Clothes, accessories, looking nice, shopping, makeup, sparkly things, designer brands, the beach, elegance, pink, berets, snow, laughter, birds that sing, full moons, warm nights, Christmas time, hot chocolate, candy canes, peppermint, attention, impressing her parents
Dislikes: Being alone, silence, tacky clothes, small homes, almost every type of animal, change, being ignored, rain, clouds, having to sit still, school, not getting her way, being yelled at- especially by her parents
Appearance: Image

British
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epicurean on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Mind if I try for the third Essex and Brendan Williams? c:

Epicurean
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Yeah, that's totally fine :).

British, you're in.

Fantasygirl, you're character looks good and you are accepted, but it won't be a problem for you to post 300+ words in the IC, correct?

StarStruck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:28 am

It won't be a problem at all. I usually start typing and can't stop unless I'm super stuck and I have nothing to work with. Most likely yes I'll be able to.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 am

I'm sorry, I think you made a mistake. I didn't try for Emily.

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cinderstella on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:14 am

Starstruck, I got your PM and yes I can meet that word count. also, you put Chinchilla as Emily. I'm on my phone atm so I'll read back later.

Cinderstella
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:26 am

Ooooh, haha, Cinder, I got confuuused. Youu tried out for her. :P

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!