Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

City Living

City Living

a part of “City Living”, a fictional universe by BurningBridges.

A look into the lives of the tenants of an apartment building at 304 W 14th Street, in Manhattan, New York

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “City Living”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: City Living

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QuinnTheMysterious on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Hey there! I was hoping to reserve the last available male character? in 5c?

I will def be able to post at least every three days, and I was thinking FC

Andy Biersack?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

QuinnTheMysterious
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:20 pm

All reservations have been accounted for. Thanks for the interest, everyone, and I look forward to seeing all of the characters. I've had a chaotic week, but I should be able to review and accept/ask you to edit all of the finished characters tonight :).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:02 pm

@emotionless, baker.tx.94, QuinnTheMysterious:

As I stated earlier in the OOC, "Also, please note that this roleplay is going to be about everyday people. I'd prefer to leave the ultra-rich/any famous connections out." The roleplay is going to be about the lives of everyday people, who are trying to survive and live life in Manhattan. The apartment building is not a luxury one, and would probably be considered to be a bit shabbier for Manhattan, so given that, it wouldn't generally attract people who come from large sums of money or have tons of expendable cash. Unless it plays an essential role in your characters, I would appreciate it if you could alter their history so that they aren't coming from the top "1%" of wealth in the country. Upper middle class backgrounds are fine, and I'm not asking that everyone comes from poverty, because also, this is NYC, so, you have to have some money to get by, but I really don't want this to be one of those roleplays where everyone can fall back on the idea that they have wealthy parents at home sending them check after check to afford some lavish lifestyle that isn't supposed to be the focus of the roleplay. I've been in too many where people use that as a tool to avoid giving their character any struggles or depth, so it's nothing personal, but just not something I really want to happen in this roleplay. If this part of your character's background seems essential to you and you can't imagine abandoning it, or if I'm misinterpreting their history, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it :). The two characters that were explicitly supposed to come from money (the Forrester characters) were from the older versions of this roleplay, and that's why I'm content with their histories.

@almostinsane:
I know you said that Thomas was not born into money, but relating to the above, and again, it's possible that I misinterpreted the amount of money he has, could you add to his history why he chose one of the less-lavish apartments in the city, if he has the money to afford something better? Is he a simple person, who just doesn't need anything more? Is he very strict with his spending, and therefore, is willing to sacrifice luxury to safe on rent?

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby baker.tx.94 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:15 pm

@Burning

I did change my character's parents since it held almost no bearing on his character.

baker.tx.94
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks, baker.tx.94. I added Ted in.

@almostinsane, I don't mind adding in another single person apartment since Ted will be in 5A, or your character could have recently moved in to be the male roommate in 5F. Let me know what you'd prefer.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:04 pm

Liv's parents arent rich per say, what i was getting at by adding the checks was that her parents where trying to use money to make up for her brother's death but i totally get the fall back on money thing. As you know she doesn't accept them, but to clarify it is only like $50-$100 a month for living expenses.
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 pm

BurningBridges wrote:Thanks, baker.tx.94. I added Ted in.

@almostinsane, I don't mind adding in another single person apartment since Ted will be in 5A, or your character could have recently moved in to be the male roommate in 5F. Let me know what you'd prefer.

I have no preference. Do whatever makes most sense in the roleplay. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:31 am

I PMed you, almostinsane! I know we have a few WIPs in the works, so I'm excited to see what becomes of those, but for those of you who have been accepted, the relationship thread is up! I do request that everyone completes it fully before we start, so feel free to star working on that :)!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:46 am

So Sam is finally done! I'm hoping for some pretty dramatic interactions with her, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Hello! I'm just here wondering whether there are any open spots left? If not could I potentially compete for one of the two reserved males in apartment 5C with Diego Barrueco as his FC.
I'll most certainly be able to post once every three days (or more).

la.lune
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:07 pm

@BurningBridges
I will most certainly try to get my character done soon. We've been having bad weather lately and the power has been going in and out.

Sorry for the wait.

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:04 pm

@la.lune, the original creator of the roleplay actually has a character with the FC of Diego Barrueco, and though he's going to be an NPC to start, she might jump back in with him when she sorts out her schedule, so if you're willing to try with a different face claim, I'd love to see what you can whip up :)!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:52 pm

@BurningBridges
Theo is finally done. Again, I do apologize for the wait. Hope he is to your liking. :)

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:58 pm

I'll send out relation messages tomorrow. But please, do not hesitate to message me first. :)

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:44 am

I'm going to focus on establishing most of Cara's relationships tomorrow, too.

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:44 am

@BurningBridges, No problem, would Wynston Shannon be ok then? :-)

la.lune
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:31 am

Sure, will would work!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:49 pm

I hope you like Rowan so far, I should have him entirely done by tomorrow. Already got his personality up now I just need his history.

la.lune
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Weston is finally finished, so if anyone has any ideas, hit me up. I'm gonna work on Tony's relationship sheet between now and tomorrow, and start his tomorrow.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Great, thanks guys :).

I would be willing to open up one more female role, for someone who would either live in a single or studio apartment, or be a third member of Olivielle and Thomas' apartment, if anyone is eager to play a female. Otherwise, I'm happy with what we have!

The relationship thread is up, so please make sure you fill out a minimum of twelve characters on it, not including your own.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!