Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Death Note (IC)(Still Open for sign ups)

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Death Note (IC)(Still Open for sign ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 pm

(OOC: Here's a link for sign ups if anyone wants to join: death-note-still-looking-for-sign-ups-and-ooc-t27609.html)

It was a dreary,boring monday morning as always. Daniel didn't even know why he attended school. He was smarter than these ignorant fools. As he stared out the window, he dreamt of excitement. One day i'll change the world, and open up these kids' eyes to the pain. Suddenly out of nowhere, he saw a something fall from the sky. What the hell? I need to check this out. "Mr.Kurazagi, may i be excused to go to the restroom?" he asked.
"Yes you may." replied the teacher, and Daniel shot out of the classroom.
He quickly got to the courtyard and began scanning the area. Where is it? He quickly spotted it by some flowers.
"Death Note..."he read aloud. He opened it up to the first page. Whoever's name is written in the notebook, will die in 40 secs.You must have the name and face of the person in your mind, so as to not get names mixed up.The death of the person must be specified, if not then the person dies of a heart attack. After writing the name of a person, you have 6 minutes and 40 seconds to write specific details of the persons death.
"This is stupid..This is probably some stupid girl's way to deal with her emotions." he said to himself. Yet, the notebook seemed to intrigue him. He quickly returned to class with the notebook on his right hand.
Last edited by SilverxDusk on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feed L. Or you might just get a heart attack..Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Death Note (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lego's Apex Predator on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Viven sat at her desk and looked out the window. It had been a long day and she was swamped with cases. She had to locate all of these guys and try to bring them in. She brushed a strand of white blonde hair out of her face and behind her ear. She put her headphones in her ears and turned on one of her play lists. She hummed along with the song. She had a headace coming on.
Image Thank you to gloomysunday for the awesome new banner. It goes to a story I'm writing.

My Photobucket

Image Thanks to Myth for the awesome signature.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lego's Apex Predator
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Light's smile could barely manage anymore of a sinister appearance while Rei Pember was reaching toward him. It had just been too easy! By pretending he held the life of everyone Rei Pember cared about... it gave Light the power to hold the life of everyone he cared about... Well all the local divisions of the FBI at the very least... Was everything done right though? Had Light made any mistakes that could lead back toward him? No, L could investigate Rei's death but in the end all he'd be able to determine is that Rei was on a untraceable phone, really did have to love the advances in technology allowing which gave way to the pre-paid phones. Still this was a pretty active week, Light was starting to think he might want to ease off for a little while and make sure nothing came his way. All those who were being monitored by the FBI had just become solid suspects... however there were over 27 agents that Rei had ended up writing down... it'd be pretty hard to deduct that many people from being impossible suspects. Besides Light had pre-written a good number of criminal to die over the course of the next two weeks... everything should still be fine.

Getting off the train at the next stop, Light pulled out the data card for remaining minutes and wrapped the phone in in trashed newspaper. After walking back up the subways lower steps to reach the ground level again; he'd casually just toss the phone away in a higher trash receptor. So why didn't Light just use the same trash bin he'd taken the news paper from? If someone was watching the computer monitors later on and noticed someone remove a paper then throw it away again a moment later they'd be suspicious as to whether or not that paper was empty. On top of that, trash cans above ground got emptied and sent to the land fills much faster then those bellow ground. Now all Light had to do was walk back home.

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Daniel took the usual long way back home. He was living in an apartment now that he was out of the orphanage. As he was walking towards the subway station, he felt claustraphobic. These things are always crowded. Unbeknowst to him, he had just walked by Light Yagami, Kira. I wonder...No this notebook can't work. These kind of things don't just happen. When he got on the train, he noticed that there was a guy harassing a woman.

"Hey baby, my name's Sosuke Hurahi, what do you see if you and i get together? Come back to my apartment, i promise you tons of fun." he hissed at her.

"Please leave me alone," the woman replied in a trembly voice. Could the Death Note really work? No..it would be stupid...and yet it wouldn't hurt trying.

"Y'know i wanted to be an astronaut when i was younger, so i could explore all over Uranus." he replied as he began grabbing at her.
Ok, that cheesy line does it. He took out the notebook, and wrote his name down. He made sure that everyone around him thought that he was just another high school student doing homework. 20 seconds passed. This is stupid..how can this work? 30 seconds passed. This isn't ever going to work..this is a stupid notebook created by a stupid girl. Suddenly the man collapsed to the floor. Daniel's eye's immediately widened, as everyone in the train started screaming.

"He's dead!" yelled a man who had checked his pulse. Daniel didn't hear. He was lost in his thoughts. He got off the train, with a wicked smirk on his face.

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:28 pm

[]... That cheesy line did it, lol... that's freaking hilarious.[]

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lego's Apex Predator on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Viven's eyes had started to close when something fell outside the window.
"What the hell." Viven said as she got out of her chair and started outside. She followed it and found a notebook. She looked at the sky and then tried to figure out where the notebook fell from. She picked it up and read the front cover.
"Death Note." Viven said quietly as she walked back into the office.

Lego's Apex Predator
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:09 am

Is this the power Kira is using? If it is, then i can be as great as Kira! Daniel was at his apartment, lying on the bed thinking. I can help change the world. I just need to find a way to contact Kira. Maybe if i left a trail..a clue..he would notice that there's another Death Note. He got on his computer and began looking for criminals. I can help make the perfect world. Kira...I'm here.
After 2 hours, he finally stopped after filling up 2 pages with names. He made sure that they weren't just from Japan so that he couldn't be easily found.

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lego's Apex Predator on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 am

"Hey I'm heading back to my apartment." Viven said as she gathered up her folders and put them along with the death note into her briefcase.
"See you tomorrow." her partner said. Viven waved and walked out of the office. She walked to her car pulling out her car keys. After she had unlocked the door she slid into the car putting the briefcase on the seat next to her. She closed the door and turned on the car. She'd been an agent for going on two years now and she kind of missed home.
"Just keep doing a good job and you'll get off time." Viven said as she drove to her apartment building.

Lego's Apex Predator
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zix on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:39 am

Yagi had been watching the portal for seven whole days since he had started his plan. Yagi soon noticed a young man headed for his book. By the looks of him a smart one.Yagi was laughing hysterically. A human actually had fallin for his plan. All he could think was about damn time! Yagi went down to the human in which human was fateful enough to have him as a shinigami. Yagi flew down to Daniels window and sat in the window sill.

"Having fun are we,Hahaha...."

Zix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:33 am

Light ended up back home after the distant walk from the subway station. After picking up a bag of apples and some potato chips, he'd set the fruit to the fridge and hid the chips above the China cabinet... if that wasn't enough the chips flavor was BBQ which only Light liked in this house hold. " I'll be in my room if you need me, just make sure you knock first okay?" It was common for teens to be protective of their privacy, so it wouldn't seem like a odd request for Light to make. Skipping a few steps he'd end up back upstairs checking to make sure the paper was in the door, and that the handle was slightly turned from a 90 degree angle to a 100... it was, so no one had been in there.

Putting some weight down on the handle he'd head into his room pulling a computer chair up as the machine was powered up. After flipping on the television Light noted reports of Kira at work... however. " Maxfeild Davis, George Commings?... Wait a minute..." Light didn't want to, he needed to keep that Death Note out of his hands for a couple weeks... but those names just weren't familiar... yet they were dying of heart attacks around the same time frame. Giving a small scowl he'd push the secret shelf in to reveal his death note retrieving it to anxious hands. Quickly he'd turn to today's date looking up the names..." They aren't here... That means... Someone else is out there... Damn it!" Frustration over came Light as he logged into the police pages investigating all abnormal deaths that weren't written by Light himself."... Maybe if I play this right I can lead L straight to this guy and once he drops his guard I can step in and kill him... But I don't even know L's face yet... No, I have to work this out from the bottom up. If I rush it, i'll make a mistake... Think Light."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:30 am

L stood, looking at his ceiling, listening to Chief Yagami expclaim his disbelief in L's actions. "I felt it was necessary to uncover Kira's identity" he replied. He thought over what he had discussed with the Japanese police force. He had received notification of the FBI's removal in the investigation. All of the agents who had been working in Japan had mysteriously died of heart attacks. No doubt the work of Kira. The Japanese police force had become suspicious of him that very day. They had learned of the FBI's involvement, becoming enraged that L would spy on the people that were woking with him.

He heard a soft beeping at his computer. He turned around and trudged over, crouching down and looking at the computer screen. "We have another victim" Watari's voice said, "a note was found at the scene." He read the note as it appeared across his computer screen. At the very top of the note read 'LOVE APPLES." Damn you Kira, L thought.

"We also have notification from a police officer of another heart attack victim near the subway station that Rei Pember was on" Watari explained, "this one was within a crowd, and has not commited any significant crimes, or had any involvement with the case." L bit his tumb, looking as a file on the man popped up. The man looked like a normal man. He hadn't commited anything besides petty crimes that hardly warranted Kira to step in. It was odd that such a simple man was targeted by Kira. However, was this Kira? This man wasn't a large target. Just a simple man who lived a scummy life. He was similar to Kira's first victim, Kuruo Otoharada. Neither man had much to give, or any significant blow to the police force. It was more of a test kill. Someone that could be brushed aside without notice.

This obviously can't be left alone, however, we don't have the evidence besides that it was a heart attack to pin this one on Kira. We need to suspect that Kira did kill him, however, the police force needs to be keeping their eyes and ears open for more heart attack victimes within the next few days, L thought. This death wasn't right, it wasn't normal for Kira to kill random innocents. Well, innocent seems a bit much for this man, but he wasn't a major criminal, nor was he a police officer working on the case. Strange that a man like this would be targeted.

Falling
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:22 am

Old sneakers wet from puddles outside squelched on the ground of the subway station. Winterlynn waited for her train with a notebook tucked under her arm, a camera dangling by a strap on her shoulder, and an MP3 player blaring in her ears to drown out the screeching of metal on metal. She was a bit on edge, having lots of schoolwork to do tonight before she got to work finalizing this week's issue of the school paper.

She couldn't hear much else besides the Gackt song that was playing, but out of the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of a rather unpleasant exchange taking place between a man and a woman. He appeared to be forcing himself on her, while she clearly wanted to be left alone..."Disgusting," Winterlynn muttered...

Then, all of the sudden, the man collapsed. Winterlynn's hand flew to her camera and she snapped several pictures of the scene, completely bewildered, shocked, and awed. It was Kira's work, it had to be! she thought, Kira, who stands up for justice and punishes evil...

She wasn't exactly scared, even though someone had just died in front of her. That he was gone was a blessing to society, she would know...

The paper should still have room for one more article. She'd add one in about Kira's latest triumph, putting a picture of the dead womanizer on the front page, to show everyone that Kira was always watching.

Vaguely, she wondered if God bothered to read high school publications or check his fansites on the Internet.
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame_Kelpie on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:32 am

Misa walked down the street trailing her fingers in the chain link fence to her right. She stopped a moment and glanced at the numbers on the houses then at a paper in her left hand. "I'm almost there", she thought. And continued on her way counting the houses until she came to a stop and stared at an empty house. "So this is where you live kira." she whispered to herself thoughfully. She leaned against the wall and waited. "He has to come home sometime." she thought, resigning herself to wait patiently.
blah blah blah....why don't I ever get tired of this crap?

Madame_Kelpie
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:32 pm

"Gahh!" yelled Daniel as he fell out of his chair. "What are you? Some sort of monster who has come to claim my life for using the notebook!?" he yelled. Daniel was terrified. He wasn't prepared for this, but he had decided he would accept any consequences for using the notebook. Daniel became tense. I can't die now. I won't be of any use to Kira.
Daniel slowly began getting up. "What do you want with me?" he asked, prepared for anything.

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 pm

"Light I know you are busy, but could you possibly take the trash out to the road sweetie?" At the sound of his moms voice outside the door, Light instinctively put a text book over the top of the Death Note to protect it from view. A rather un-clever way to hide it, but it had been a reflex. Releasing a small sigh as his heart rate returned to normal, Light would compose himself before finally making his reply." Sure mom, that's not a problem." Light needed to take a breather anyway, this entire turn of events was causing a lot of stress, no matter how the evidence was looked at the new Kira wasn't going to just spell out where he was... Light would find this guy though and when he did that's when the decision would be made. So far Yagami didn't see any real flaws in the guys work, so this wasn't a complete idiot... who knows, with someone else on the front lines Light might be able to make much more open kills and just make vague evidence available to pin the deaths on this guy.

7 minutes passed from that moment as Light came out of his front door holding a garbage bag in the right hand with a casual like grip. Upon stepping out the smell of expensive perfume pierced the normal aroma of freshly cut grass... This brand was way too over priced for his sister or mother, but it was too close not to be on his own lawn. A spy? No, no one would be this sloppy to actually wear something so obvious while on stake out. Slightly narrowing his eyes he'd progress to the edge of his yard turning the stone walled corner finding the source of the smell upon doing so. "Ok Light what's wrong with this picture, make up, hair style, clothes... everything about this girl says that she is rolling in wealth... yet standing in a common japan suburb? Shes completely out of place and shes drawing too much attention toward my home." Setting the trash down by the roads side, Light decided to play his typical oblivious attitude in this situation." Umm excuse me miss, but you're kind of on our property. If you need someone here you should really knock on the door."

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Winterlynn got on the train and willed it to go faster every second of the way, drafting an article entitled No One Escapes Justice in her notebook. When her stop came, she raced off of the train and ran home so fast that she was red in the face by the time she got home.

She threw open the door and ran upstairs, past her mother, who was slaving over dinner. "Lynn, why the hurry? Aren't you going to eat something?" she called after her daughter.

"No time! I have to make some phone calls!" Winterlynn responded, shutting herself in her room and going through the contacts on her cell phone one by one.

Homework could wait. Right now, she needed to get other eyewitness accounts for her article. She called all of her classmates who she knew took the subway home in the evenings and didn't have any after-school clubs, kids who might have seen Kira's spectacular kill. For the most part, people hung up on her or laughed--no one took the 'crazy Kira fangirl' seriously.

"Crazy Kira fangirl, eh? Is that what you think I am? Ignorant pigs," she muttered under her breath as she ran out of friends to call. "Well...now what?"

As a last resort, she pulled out the school directory and called a few numbers at random. It wasn't much use, but she did manage to get a good interview out of one girl named Tokugawa Yumi, and some anti-Kira statements from eyewitnesses (which she figured she could just omit). She decided to squeeze in one more call before she started on homework and punched in the phone number of a student listed in the directory as Daniel Night. As the phone rang, she anticipated his answer, unaware that he was kind of occupied right now with a God of Death.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zix on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Yagi began luaghing histarically.

"Wow kid you watch way to much anime.My name is Yagi and that notebook is the very infamous death note. Your obviouslydown on the rules. Well nicee to meet u daniel if you didn't know i'm a shinigami and..."

Yagi began sniffing around the room.

"I smell...potato chips..do you have any?"

Zix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Shinigami..Death Gods actually exist? Maybe this could actually give me an advantage. "What an odd request, but yes i do have some their by my desk. Hey..Yagi, is there anything else i should know about your, or the death note?" he asked. Maybe i can contact Kira through Yagi, assuming that Kira has his own shinigami. Suddently, the phone on his desk rang. He quickly looked at the caller id. Winterlynn. She's a girl from my class, what could she possibly want? I'll just answer the phone. Daniel picked up the phone.

"Hello this is Daniel, what is it you need" he asked in an innocent voice.

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ted fuzz on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 pm

(OOC: I'm kinda off right now, but I'll try and catch up)

"I can't believe you actually do this stuff..could always say no. But whatever, it's not my place to say that. Got any apples?? I LOOOVE APPLES!!!"

ted fuzz
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:33 pm

"Hi Daniel!" chimed Winterlynn when he picked up. She noted that his tone was even and normal-sounding, and she didn't suspect a thing. "This is Lynn, from the school paper...well, you'd know that, we have the same class...but anyway, I was wondering if you were at the subway station after school today. You see, this weird thing happened there around that time: this guy was harassing a woman and suddenly he just fell over and died! Kira strikes again!" She couldn't help but squeal with glee--it probably wouldn't shock Daniel too much though, as everyone knew how fanatical about Kira she was, though no one really knew why, besides herself. Little did she know, though, that Kira wasn't behind this latest killing at all...

"Anyway, I was just wondering if you watched it happen, 'cause I need some eyewitness accounts for the paper. But if you didn't happen to catch it, that's alright," she finished.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!