Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Diplomacy OOC/Interest Check

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Diplomacy OOC/Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 am

I've done another version of this role playing game on another site and it did pretty well, so I came here to try and do some tweaks to it. It can be compared to risk in that you are controlling an entire nation. You show what your nation is doing by role playing characters, usually political leaders, and show whats going on in the world. So I'm going to put down all the rules that I feel will make it work on this site you may check it out below.

Basic Rules
1)To sign up you must either A) fill out a nation sheet and wait to be approved, or B) fill out a generals sheet and wait to get approved.
2)General sheets and Nation sheets must be accepted by me
3)Conflict must be fueled with story. Theres plenty of ways to do this.
4)The tech level is world war two or prior
5) Nuclear weaponry is not allowed
6) major issues that cannot be solved IC, or OOC discussion will result in a vote

Nation Sheet
Nation Name:
Map Location:(choose a unused location on the map below.)
Map Color:
Inhabitants:(I am allowing multiple species, they can be made up)
Government Style:
Important Characters:(you can always add more as you go on. Its just nice to have it planned out.)
Important Locations:(things like cities and natural formations.)

Generals Sheet-Must be accepted by the person who's nation you wish to join and me
Character Name:
Nationality:
Background:
Physical Description:
Personality:(optional)

World Map

Last edited by Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Garrret
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Diplomacy OOC/Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:21 am

Holy crap, I've been wanting to have something like this here! You sir are marvelous.

Nation Name: The Red Technocracy
Map Location: Image
Map Color: Crimson
Inhabitants: Humans and Soviet Ape Men
Government Style: Communist, but with Technocratic leanings.
Important Characters:

Premier of the Red Technocracy: Anton Medevev

Council of Ministers Chairman: Ivan Ulinkov
Minister of Defense: Deniska Semenov
Minister of Finance: Anastas Mikoyan
Minister of Internal Affairs: Mikhail Tukhachevsky
Minister of Industry: Dmitriy Ustinov
Minister of Agriculture: Sergei Akhromeyev
Minister of Immigration: Matvei Zakharov
Minister of the Commissariat(Wartime Only): Georgy Malenkov

Marshals: (Generals)

Army: Ottoman
Navy: ?
Air Force: ?

Important Locations:
Antongrad:
The capital city of the Technocracy, where the upper leadership lives. The city is ringed by a network of trenches and AA defenses, and sizable bunker system is built underneath. The city itself is quite nice, and there is a plethora of famous architecture to see there.
Last edited by Kronos on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:48 am

Nation Sheet
Nation Name: нация падежа мир (Nation of Peace)
Map Location:Image
Map Color: Black
Inhabitants: All spices are welcome but is mostly made up of orcs and humans
Government Style: Democracy
Important Characters: Presadent, Cabanet, and Military
Important Locations: Shi Kitai (Literaly City 'of' Hope) Its capital located at the norther plane between the moutains and the sea. Shikyo Sangaku The mountains literally meansdeath moutains. The Turchino Mare or blue sea is a major fish resource and is used in trade.. ясный предлог артикль восточный i think trans lates into plain of the east. ясный предлог артикль западный same thing but west and these are a geart sources of iron and lumbar. The island to the right of my continet is Sekitan Shima or Coal Island which is a major trde resource and power resource. Sekiyu Shima is an oil well island. That is also a big trade and resource and energy too.
Last edited by Zetsumi-san on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:03 am

your both accepted. I'll have the updated map up soon. Also Zetsumi hope you don't mind too much but I gave you a faded black dark grey ish color because I was too lazy to change the color of the mountains.

Garrret
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:05 am

i edited and put my map up k?

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:09 am

And If you don't mind, can I give the Geneva and Hague conventions a good screw over If I go into war?
Last edited by Kronos on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:10 am

I know but the official map up in the first post looks so shiny. Its gotten rid of the white spots and all. Any way depending on how many people join I might be some one elses general or some thing.

EDIT

Its a different world so yeah we don't have to bother with the geneva convention or any of the modern warfare rules.

Garrret
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:15 am

*Puts on Hazard Suit*

Whoo! I'm gonna invest in anthrax research and Nazi-esq experiments on POWS. Thank god I'm the only WWII history buff to sign on as of yet.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:25 am

hey hey hey i know alot too i may be fourteen but we learned about ww2 last year okay!

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:27 am

hehehe, I've learned a bit about the experiments and other messed up things Hitler did. That'll make the game a lot more interesting. Anyway I'mma go sleep for now. I'll be back on tomorrow afternoon(its morning now) to answer questions/accept players.

Garrret
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:31 am

Zetsumi-san wrote:hey hey hey i know alot too i may be fourteen but we learned about ww2 last year okay!

How odd, I'm fourteen too.

Now, what country used the T-32 tank during WWII? (No wikipedia!) And who was the Premier of the USSR then?

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 am

hey be fore you go creat the IC thread for me and kronos america i think and i dont know what a premier is os yeah

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:40 am

Ya, make the IC thread *Cracks Whip*.

And it was the T-32, and Joseph Stalin.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:48 am

No you asked me which country used the t-32 in the war and i said american and i dont know what a prelimnary is!

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:49 am

Your lucky I couldn't fall asleep or I never would have seen your demands. I will put it into the everything else section since it doesn't quite fit into most other sections.

Garrret
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:53 am

lol realistic or is this thing going to advance times like go itno futre type fighting... and i can't go to sleep because i got scared otu of my wits...

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:01 am

well I was considering realistic but it doesn't really fit into that category with the allowance of multiple intelligent species on one planet plus the completely different map of the world. Kronos what do you think?

Garrret
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:05 am

Everything else. Although you could bypass the species thing because there is no magic, and this does use human technology. So maybe realistic if you want more people to see the IC.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Garrret on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:18 am

alright I'm about to post it in the Everything else section. I'm not too worried about how many people see it because every one goes to the same place for OOC. My starter post is a bit short since I technically am not a general or nation yet(I plan to choose tomorrow) but I did give enough for people to know what it is and also put a link to the OOC there.

EDIT

Ok here is the link http://www.roleplaygateway.com/diplomacy-t7351.html. As I said its a tad bit short but thats cause I can't immediately go into character and didn't want to say anything that would limit how you develop your nations. Feel free to post. I'll join in tomorrow.

Garrret
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:31 am

Ignore this message. Look at teh next one. :B
Last edited by Ottoman on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!