Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In Dire Need of an Interesting Roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

In Dire Need of an Interesting Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Hello, Fallenblu here.

First off, I would just like to say, that I have returned. I took a few months hiatus from the site because of my busy schedule, but I have now returned. The urge to start roleplaying again finally reached critical levels and I have returned because of it. Now, I guess I should go into a bit of what I like to roleplay, what I don't like, what you can expect out of me, and what I expect out of you.

~I am searching either for a roleplay partner or even a small group of roleplayers.

~I like fantasy, fiction, and science fiction genres. Occasionally I will do realistic and maybe even historical if it catches my interest. But it really has to capture my interest. I also don't mind doing fan-fiction RP's, like Persona, but they have to be well done. (For example, I am currently in a Persona and Power Rangers Roleplay, that are both very well done and interesting.)

A few of the things that I won't do though, or rather the things I am not interested in rping, are mystical high schools, since I feel those are over done, or stories where teens are experimented on. Bleh. I want something new and interesting. Everywhere I look, that is all I see. It's fun every once in a while, but not now. I don't want something generic. I'm tired of the generic. I want something that will make me think, and get me excited to post. Also I don't want something that becomes purely based on the romance. Give me action, give me drama.

*One thing that is sure to catch my attention and get my blood flowing are superhero roleplays. I adore all comics, so anything dealing with superheroes, including creating your own, I am totally down for.

~Secondly, what you guys can expect out of me. I don't consider myself to be a literate roleplayer. I'm getting there though. I love lengthy post, especially ones that grab my attention, so my post tend to be a bit longer. Spelling and grammar aren't a problem for me either. I am very respectful, understanding and caring. If you need to talk about something other than the roleplay, I am hear to listen.

~What I expect of you, a decent posting length, respect and understanding. Good grammar and spelling are a must. That is all, I don't ask for much. Oh, one more thing. Dedication. I absolutely hate it when my roleplay partners just up and leave. Warn me, please.

Well, I think that about wraps it up. At the moment, I don't really have any ideas. So if you are interested in roleplaying with me, we can chat about ideas and things like that. You don't need to come in here with the whole plot figured out. A general idea or image will be fine.

Thanks and happy roleplaying,

Fallenblu.
Last edited by FallenBlu on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persona Roleplay We are still in need of a few people, some and join us. You can't go wrong with Persona. Roleplay created by Growlithe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: In Dire Need of an Interesting Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:19 am

Sure: I'm in dire need of players for a couple RP's. I have several I'd love to invite you to, but here's a few to begin with.

roleplay/power-up-real-life-is-overrated/ - this one is action and humor, at some point becoming sort of serious. It starts out realistically and eventually just starts to lost touch with reality.

roleplay/final-fight-metro-academy/ - This may seem like another High School RP, but instead of mystic stuff and all, its based off of a beat'em up game called Final Fight. The story is short and simple, so you can just walk right on it. It'll have action, humor, and surprisingly, will be serious, despite being able to find food and weapons in random boxes, crates, trash cans, and whatnot all over the place.

roleplay/real-power/ - Similar to the first one, but more serious. It starts out realistic, with real life powers such as ESP, and Ki with very much realistic origins and all. It hasn't been doing very well.

roleplay/anime-fighter-team-goku-vs-team-kenshiro/ - This RP was a parody on the newest season of ultimate fighter. It really needs more players, including people to play Goku the team leader as well as one of his coaches, Domon Kasshu of G-Gundam. Worst Of all though, Team Kenshiro only has two players, one for Ken himself, and me.

"Join The Corps!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Just a heads up -- the Roleplayers Wanted areas is for already existing games only. This is a classic example of an Interest Checks-appropriate thread since you're just testing the waters to see who and what is out there that might be a good match. I'll move it now. Thanks!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey there, FallenBlu, I've read through your first post and I would love to do a literate and serious superhero RP involving Original Characters. I already have a villian character in mind and I would like some sort of forbidden romance to occur between the main villian and the man female protagonist, but that's more of a side story compared to the whole plotline.

Anyway, if you're interested, then please send me a PM. I would love to hear from you!
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:39 pm

I don't know if my RP is your style, but it sure will be interesting. :D

So I offer you my link in the hopes that you will take an interest: Shadows of The Past
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:14 am

Howdy there! I think I may have one here that you might like to check out. You can see more of the details here! Rest assured, it's not one of those Twilight-themed or poncey roleplays I've been seeing about.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!