Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragonball Z rp Next generation(IC Thread)

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Re: Dragonball Z rp Next generation(IC Thread)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 am

Judai tried his best to hold in a yelp of pain. Didn't matter how much you trained or how strong you were. Getting kicked in the jewels was not pleasant at all. When Ayaka mentioned Judai's ancestors, he had to admit he was starting to get angry. Not so much that he was insulted, but that his ancestors in particular was being spoken of in such a manner. As a result his power level rocketed upward, and his hair even flashed Super Saiyan gold for a second, but Judai managed to change back before anything real happened, "Oh come on..." he grumbled, his voice a bit higher than it should have been, "...what's wrong hitting on a cute girl? It's not like I'm married. I don't think my particular ancestors would mind too much." he was referring to Goten with that line, since that particular ancestor also found more interest in girls than in his training.

However, before any other actual fighting could be done, the Referee spoke up, "And Ayaka is disqualified for hitting below the belt! That makes Judai Kazama the winner by default!" this was announced just when Judai was about to break his code and actually throw an attack, but he stopped in his tracks.

"Really? I won?" he asked, staring at the Referee who slowly nodded.

"That's correct Mr. Kazama, hitting below the belt is illegal in the World Martial Arts Tournament. Those rules also apply to the Preliminary Rounds." replied the Ref before he looked at Ayaka, "I'm terribly sorry, Miss, but I'm afraid your disqualified from the Tournament. Do try to follow the rules next time, please."

Judai nearly fell over, both out of surprise and slight embarassment. His first Tournament victory was a technicality? That wasn't much of a victory, but at least he didn't have to resort to actually hitting Ayaka. Judai wouldn't have forgiven himself for that, "Sorry about the match, Ayaka. I... don't suppose we're still on for noodles later?" he asked her.

Later on, Judai would move on to the Tournament itself. The rest of his Prelim matches went much more easily, and he had actually demonstrated genuine power and skill. Apparently, it was just cute girls that served as Judai Kazama's kryptonite when it came to fighting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DREWdesu on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:14 am

ooc: oh we're fighting? LOL i didn't actually realise LOL! Is it a bit too late hahah I thought we were waiting for the battle to begin LOLOL!

"Meh, there's always next time. Next time it will be your face" Ayaka shrugged "But for the sake of the Academy, please do well" Ayaka smiled as she walked down the ring. "Oh and one more thing, meet me at the Noodle Bar during the break." she gave him a wink
Remember to Play The Game every 30 minutes

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DREWdesu
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:16 pm

When Zenn charged, Saphire readied herself, preparing to counter whatever move he opened with, but as he closed in he took to the air and sailed right over her, landing somewhere behind. She spun around to see his elbow coming at her like a rocket. With flexibility a human could only dream of, she bent over backwards, causing the elbow to hit only air.

Saphire straighted, but just in time to have her legs uprooted by Zenn's low swipe. She gasped as she became airborne, but quickly recovered and flipped backwards, landing upright a small ways away. From there, she threw a punch. Almost literally, actually, as her elastic arm extended all the way to Zenn.

For now she refrained from using ki attacks, because, as Quell had explained, this was a martial arts tournament, and it kind of missed the point if you attacked your opponent from across the ring. But she wasn't above resorting to shooting a beam or two if her opponent refused to go down.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DREWdesu on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Zenn flipped backwards after her swipe but as that happened, Saphire was already throwing her punch. Her elastic arm was charging towards him so the only thing he would do is dodge. With speed being his only advantage he leapt and darted quickly to Saphire's back and used a Full nelson on her he grabbed her tightly. He then realised that Majins could be elastic at other places, he looked up and noticed the antenna, he released the full nelson and grabbed the antenna, leapt up again and swung her around like it was some Hammerthrow competition. Before anything bizzare would be noticed by the audience he flew down because all this things were already strange in his own world. He engaged in a fighting stance, getting ready for her next move.

DREWdesu
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Unfortunately, her next move would never come. When Zenn latched onto the pink tuft protruding from Saphire's head, he had taken hold of a majin's most sensitive part. Saphire squealed as he whirled her round and round by it, more focused on the pain than getting free.

And when he let go, his immense strength was enough to fling her straight across the room. Saphire did not have quite enough time to recover before she smacked into the wall, signaling a ring-out. Zenn stood ready, but the fight was over.

Saphire slid to the ground roughly, but was up on her feet stroking her assaulted appendage in moments. She glared daggers at Zenn.

"Ring out!" called the announcer. "Zenn is the winner!"

"No fair..." Saphire mumbled. As she made for the exit, she passed as close to Zenn as she could. "Good luck in the tournament," she said sarcastically. "Quell's gonna cream you."

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DREWdesu on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:34 pm

ooc: oh dear.

Zenn waved to the audience and ran out to Saphire's direction "Saphire! Wait... I apologize for yanking your antenna thing earlier." Zenn bowed for forgiveness "Judging by all that screaming, that must've really hurt. But yeah I hope we meet sometime in the future." he smiled.

Ayaka was sitting in the changerooms with her mother.
"Dear, even though you were disqualified for hurting that man. Look at the bright side, you were protecting your self from men who are as creepy as him."
Ayaka nodded then something sparked, she noticed a higher power level for a split second when she was fighting Judai. That power was something she never even sensed before "Mum, back in your time. Was there anything bad happening?"
"What do you mean hun?" Ayaka's mother (Let's call her Fragrence for now) "The whole world was fine since its only protector was 'the Deity'"
"Deity?" Ayaka asked "What's the Deity?"
"It's a nickname your father and I gave to Son Goku since your father is one of the last few living beings that has heard of him." Fragrance answered
"But isn't he... dead?" Ayaka asked
"Some say he is, some say he isn't but I don't even know for sure. Say Ayaka, do you want a new fighting attiere?"
"After the tournament mum... not now."
Ayaka's father ran into the changing room
"Hun! This is a fe-"
"Don't care! Ayaka, that Zenn man won his match against the Majin woman"
"Good on him" Ayaka smiled "I wonder if he is free so we can go and eat, I wonder if Teon is free as well. I don't want to be alone with Judai."

DREWdesu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Taizan entered the ring when his name was called. To his surprise, he was facing a Namekian. He was a teenager, and he had a very stern look on his face. Judging by the power he was emanating, Taizan knew that he could not afford to underestimate him. He bowed to him.
"Let us make this a good match, friend."

The Namekia looked away, then spit on the ground before assuming a battle stance.
"Don't hold back!"
From there, his aura exploded, leaving a crater in the preliminary arena. Off balance, Taizan fell on his butt. The power this Namekian was exhibiting was incredible, and at once, he understood.
Taizan stood up and let his own power explode, sending out incredible energy waves and causing the ring to crack and splinter.

"So, I see. Kilro sent you, did he not?"
Pakchu did not deny it, nodding slowly.
"Yes, he did. He wanted to see how his old friend was doing. Being one of the Elders does not allow him to travel."

Taizan nodded.
"Very well. When you get back to Namek 3, give him my regards."
Pakchu spit again.
"Enough chit-chat. Let's fight!"
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 am

The Preliminaries had ended, the matches had gone by in no time, only an hour and thirty minutes, two hours tops. That wasn't bad, considering the number of people who came. Teon's matches had all gone well, he'd been careful as his Master Uruburai had instructed over the phone. He planned to show off all the things he learned from his master, and the tournament was the perfect place to do so. His first match, as soon as the bell rang, he'd moved forward at in human speed, sending his opponent flying out of bounds.

He apologized for "overdoing it", however after that he did a similar method. Although he focused on getting more powerful, speed had always been Teon's forte. He'd built up his speed, and as such used it to deal with his opponents quickly, he didn't plan on wasting energy in the early stages of the competition. After the matches was over, and he was declared the winner of his bracket, he departed into the area were he found Hashon, Taizan, Ovan and Quell. YES! They made it!

Although filled with energy, he managed to calm himself down. He took a seat on a wooden bench ,and watched as the rest of the fighters involved in the final came the mysterious Zenn, Son Judai, and Renji. Aww..man..Saphire didn't make it! Well maybe we can fight after the tournament.. Teon's dismay at not being able to fight his dream battle was over quickly, as a man with blond hair, an expensive Italian suit, and a microphone in his right hand walked in. Teon looked up, almost shaking with excitement as he saw the Announcer of the Tenkachi Budokai.

Hashon was leaning against the wall, looking over at Teon, having a spazz attack. The fool, with the way he's acting he'll probably waste all his energy in the first round, of course..that's an advantage for me. I'll need a strategy to deal with Teon and Ovan. After the green warrior emerged from his bracket the victor, he began thinking of potential strategies to deal with the fighters who wielded more raw power then him. The overenthusiastic announcer, began to speak.

"ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY! Folks! YOU ARE THE EIGHT FINALISTS FOR THIS YEARS TENKACHI BUDOKAI!" Too many it would appear he was screaming at the top of his lungs, however the microphone's designed for announcers at the Tenkachi Budokai were made to be louder then regular microphone's. Of course most did not know this, and the announcer continued to speak. He pointed at a computer screen" THANKS to donations from Capsule Corp's new director Jane Briefs, we've recently received state of the art digital technology. It's Capsule Corp's newest invention the Virtual Arena! With this state-of-the-art simulator, fighters can now duke it out in virtual environments, no longer with the worry of collateral damage to the cities or populace.

The man spoke. "Anyway as a reminder the matches are chosen through computers, rather then randomized draws. We've organized the matches, which should come up right about....now" With that the matches appeared on the computer, and the announcer turned around. He read the matches aloud, in the process pronouncing them all wrong.

Hashon vs Ovan
Quell vs Zenn
Teon vs Renji
Taizan vs Son Judai

(SF it's your job to control the Tenkachi Budokai staff..*pouts* XD.)(The Viritual arena is from Protoman X's rp SGD, all credit goes to him.)
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DREWdesu on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Zenn crossed her hands, he walked in along with Son Judai, and Renji. He sat on the wooden bench and looked at Teon "Say, I heard that you have been training Ayaka for a few months. What's your secret?" he asked.

Ayaka sat at the sidelines and looked at the announcer pronouncing the names of each character with very great difficulty. "He's bringing all the old announcers to shame" Fragrance said "When we lived in South City, you're father participated in one of the tournaments. Remember the one where your father was in a coma for a week?" Ayaka nodded "the Announcer back then before he retired was great at pronounciation. He probably didn't go to Orange High School."

DREWdesu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Outlaw on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:50 am

as renji walked into the main waiting area he couldnt help but feel a little disheartened his final match he hadnt even had the chance to hit the guy. his mood didnt improve when he was back there he looked around at the others and then sat down pulling his hat over his eyes. he could here talking around him but did not try to join in he was currently trying to work out who he would be up against and how he could beat them. they only ones that he know there power levels where teon ovan and hashon and they where all stronger than him his best hope would be to fight hashon who wasnt that much stronger and have a strategy. then the announcer read out the pairings for the first round and part of renji sank while another part was jumping for joy.

renji knew that teon wasnt stupid but alot of the time he seemed to rely on raw power so hopefully that would work to renji's advantage. but the main reason he wanted to fight teon was because there was just something that couldnt be explained, most people on the team wanted to fight ovan because he was the strongest and they wanted to try and prove they where as good as him. but in renji's mind he didnt want to be the strongest he just didnt want to be left behind and if he could beat teon then he'd be where he wanted to be and because teon would get stronger there was always a reason to keep fighting.

straight after the announcement ended renji started to laugh from under his woven basket hat "this tournament just got a hell of alot better hey quell what do you say we fight in the finals" renji said. he knew it would be his only chance in the tournament to fight quell "just make sure you dont get beat before i get my chance" he said but he knew that there was a slim chance of them both making it to the finals.
You say Eminem- I say The Beatles
You say Hannah Montana-I say Rush
You say T-Pain-I say Fats Domino
You say Jonas brothers-I say Elvis
You say Pink-I say Pink Floyd
You say Hip Hop-i say Jimi Hendrix
You say R&B-I scream Classic Rock
You say Justin Bieber-i hit you in the face

Outlaw
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 pm

After losing her match with Zenn, Saphire wandered over to Quell's arena. By the time she arrived, he had finished his final match and was through to the tournament proper. She came up to him with a bit of a pouty look.

"What's wrong?" asked Quell.

She sighed. "I lost..."

Quell looked surprised. "What? Really? Who did you fight?"

"Some guy named Zann or something."

Quell placed a hand on his chin. "I don't think I know him. Damn, he must be strong."

Saphire shook her head. "I bet he's a wimp. He totally cheated!"

Quell grinned. It was just like her to make such a claim. "How so?" he asked, humoring her.

But she saw through his feigned interest. "Ugh. It doesn't matter. Let's go, 'kay?"

They walked out and joined the other preliminary winners. Quell was pleased to see some of his friends there, but he was hardly surprised. There were also a couple new faces present, one of which belonged to the individual responsible for eliminating Saphire. It wasn't long before the tournament pairings were announced, and Quell found himself matched up against Zenn.

"That's the guy who beat you, right?"

"Yeah." Saphire pointed him out.

"Really? He doesn't look so tough."

"Neither do you," she said with a grin, playfully poking him in the gut. "Beat him up for me, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

Quell understood that it wasn't really fair to judge a book by its cover, and by the same token it was unfair to judge a fighter by the size of his muscles. But Quell wasn't surprised to read Zenn's power as being relatively low. Strong fighters kept their true power levels suppressed almost subconsciously now, only letting it out in the heat of battle. And if Zenn had beaten Saphire, in under a minute no less, then it was obvious he had a little power stored in that slender body.

Quell contemplated the other matches as well. The first match consisted of Hashon and Ovan. That would certainly be interesting to see. If Quell was victorious against Zenn, he would fight the winner of that match.

On the other side of the bracket, the first bout was between Teon and Renji. Back when Quell first joined the Z-fighters, he and Renji had trained together, and if Renji had kept up his routines during Quell's absence, he had a fair idea of the man's power level. Teon, on the other hand, would be far superior in terms of raw power, but even in his short time with the youngster Quell had found Teon to be lacking the maturity to truly make that fact make a difference, so he supposed that if Renji played his cards right, he had a chance at victory.

Then in the last match, two fighters with whom Quell was unfamiliar would duke it out. Knowing neither of them, it didn't really matter to Quell which one won. He couldn't sense either of their power levels, and who knew what that meant.

Renji appeared at Quell's side a moment later, bringing him out of his thoughts and back to the world. He had to admire Renji's resolve, even if the battles that would lead them to fight each other in the finals were going to be difficult.

"Well, it's not like I won't try my damnedest to get there," Quell replied. "But look who I'll be fighting in the semis." He threw a thumb over his shoulder in Ovan's direction. Granted, it wasn't a certainty, but to be fair the Namekian didn't stand much of a chance against Ovan.

"Good luck against Teon."

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!