Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Enter the Kobold![Chat RP](fantasy/comedy)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Enter the Kobold![Chat RP](fantasy/comedy)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:49 pm

This is a chat based, “comedy” style, fantasy RP, or flight of fancy if you will. You don’t have to make jokes or be physically comedic. It’s just a lighter mood to the RP and strange things may happen.

This is an open RP so sign up here with just a skeleton character description. Any traditional fantasy/fairy-tail characters can play. No background is really needed. Here is an example character description by Yami-Dokuro:

Xion-Dragon Knight-Loves flying through the skies on his steed, Zen

We will get together when it is convenient for the players. Players will only be limited as to their availability for live chat RP with the group.

I will be the Story Teller, NPCs, creatures, and villains.

Here is the log of the story so far:

quidhala: The sun is setting over the mountains that loom over a small wooded valley. A small trail of smoke rises from a glade in the woods. Around a campfire sits a weary dragon knight, the last of his kind. Nearby a large dragon lies feeding on the carcass of a large ox-like creature. The knight has chosen this secluded encampment to hide from his pursuers and regain his strength, waiting for a pair of rabbits to cook over the campfire. (action)

(14:07:17) Yami-Dokuro: "Hey Zen, you enjoying that" the dragon looked up and smiled his mouth full of meat "Aww geez I told you to keep your mouth shut when you eat" the rabbits finished cooking and Xion tucked into to the best meal he's had in days "Dunno how long we can keep living like this boy, sure hope our luck changes for the best"

(14:08:17) quidhala: Heavy grey clouds begin moving over the mounains to the east, dulling the remaining light of evening. A breeze picks up carrying the smell [of] rain down through the hidden vale.

(14:14:21) Yami-Dokuro: "C'mon boy we have to find shelter, I smell rain coming." Xion leapt on Zen and took off to look for shelter, they noticed a small shack in the middle of the woods "That'll do nicely, land there Zen" the dragon swooped down but clipped his wing on a tree branch sending the two flying straight for the ground, THUMP "Ooww you seriously need to work on your landings"

(14:16:19) quidhala: Through the trees you can see the shack. Its windows have no glass and it looks to be leaning to one side on its foundation.

(14:22:27) Yami-Dokuro: "Right either I have a concussion or that shack really is slanted, oh well beggars can't be choosers" Xion opened the door which dislodged from it hinges and fell to the floor "Yikes, uhh sorry about the door, my dragon did it" Zen cocked his head and gave Xion a 'Me?' look "Hello uhh is anybody here, people, rats, *gulp* zombies

(14:25:11) quidhala: The shack appears long abandoned and opens into one large living area with a cast iron stove and a moldy bed. Cobwebs cover shelves and cabinets with a few scattered brick-a-brack, Hummel figurines, broken cheap china, a dying potted plant. There is only one other door that seems to lead to a closet or very small room. The wind blows in through the broken doorway and windows, the shutters on the windows creek on their leather hinges.

(14:30:43) Yami-Dokuro: Xion jumps at the sound of the creaking "Ohh it's just the wind" he walks over to the other door to see what's behind it, he slowly turns the handle and the door creaks open revealing "Nothing, aww all that tension music for nothing, well might as well get some sleep"

(14:32:07) quidhala: The light outside is fading quickly at more clouds over shadow the valley. The musty smell of the bed makes it less than a welcoming place to spend the night. The first peals of thunder sound through the valley and the sound of raindrops begin hit the roof.

(14:34:33) Yami-Dokuro: "Uhh it smells like someone died in this bed came bac to life and died again, but it's better then sleeping with Zen he gets some serious gas and why the hell am I talking to myself" he laid down on the death ridden bed and drifted off to dream land

(14:37:24) quidhala: The rain poured down in heavy drops. The ramshackle cabin seemed dry enough, only a little moisture came in through the open door and windows. In the course of an hour large puddles were forming in the sunken areas of the ground outside. A large muddy mound not far from Zen began bubbling. Little bubbles rose and popped, and then they got larger, and larger...

(14:42:13) Yami-Dokuro: Zen woke up and noticed the bubbling he walked over to the puddle and watch with awe "Zen what have I told you about watching strange bubbling puddles" Zen's face dropped and he gave a 'Is he Psychic?' look, he laid back down and drifted back to sleep

(14:45:06) ChatBot: Myth logs into the Chat.

(14:45:40) quidhala: Two long hands parted the bubbling mud, then latched on to the earth around the hole. The large flat head of a small man emerged, and he gasped loudly for breath. An extinguished candle sat in a hollow spot in the crown of his long flat head, indicating he was Koboldish. He pulled himself out of the hole, panting desperately. He wore only muddy overalls and had a small pack on his back. A little pickaxe hung from his belt. He lied there panting, not noticing a large scaled shape nearby.

(14:47:53) Yami-Dokuro: Zen was snoring in his sleep and rolled right on top of the man

(14:49:08) quidhala: "GAhr Ah!" Cried the Kobold as the dragon rolled on top of him. His face pressed into the mud, but he quickly turned his head so he could breathe. "I yorin Goram", He mumbled from beneath Zen's slumbering bulk.

(14:51:49) Yami-Dokuro: Zen rolled back over and continued his bellowing snoring "Zen, shut up I'm trying to sleep here" Xion shouted covering his ears with the moldy pillow

(14:53:39) quidhala: The exasperated kobold struggled to his feet. His body almost squashified, he had bruises all over and possibly some broken ribs and he attempted to stand. Turning his head he laid eyes on his attacker and fainted straight away at the sight of a dragon. "Wweert das?"
Sploosh!
The night grew cold but Xion slept on. In the morning he awoke to find a thin layer of frost covering everything around him... Outside a kobold shaped indentation had been left in the frosted mud and a small pickaxe was imbedded in Zen’s back scales.

(14:59:37) Yami-Dokuro: "Brrr who turned out the sun, damn and I thought the rain was cold" He walked outside to see a pure white forest with a massive white lump "Now either that's a FAIL of a snowman or it's Zen" Zen stuck his head up and shook off the snow "Five points for me, what happened out here boy" Zen look at Xion and gave him a 'How am I meant to know?' look

(15:00:55) quidhala: The pickaxe shifted as the dragon adjusted his bulk and was almost completely obscured by the large scales. Hardly noticeable to the dragon. Just a small flea itch. The sun was pale through a heavy fog, and lit the entire valley with an eerie light.

(15:04:36) Yami-Dokuro: "Umm why is there an indentation shaped like a person here, you been eating beggars again" Xion pointed to the snow covered mud which suddenly started shifting "Whoa what'd you bury there boy" he drew his sword and stood firm when "Aa-aaaa-aaaachoooo"

(15:05:00) quidhala: A large rat bolted across the floor and under the bed as Xion clomped about the shack. The sun provided little warmth to the valley and the fog reduce visibility quite a bit in the woods. Outside the frost crunched underfoot. Large long footprints in the mud led away from the indentation and into the gloomy woods. Xion could tell by the indentation and footprints that a small person shaped being with large feet and hands had been here.

***A New Hero Has Entered***

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

quidhala
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Enter the Kobold![Chat RP](fantasy/comedy)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:19 pm

(15:29:08) Myth: Frost moved throughout the woods, her pointed Elvin ears twitch. She squinted, trying to see past the fog, what little light filtered through the trees not helping the matter.

(15:31:04) quidhala: @ Frost: The ground crunches and causes you feet to slip a bit as you make your way... You hear no birds in the trees, the air is eerily still, and then... "AAaaChhhooo!" A thunderous sneeze. It comes from your right.

(15:33:15) Yami-Dokuro: "Zen fly up and try and find out where these tracks are going" With a mighty wingbeat the dragon took off and scoured the forest for signs of the tracks he didn't find any but did hear a massive sneeze to the west "What can you see" the dragon flew off without warning so Xion chased after him trudging through the snow

(15:34:17) quidhala: The fog is too thick to see the ground from the air. (15:34:34) quidhala: [[OOC: I Thought your dragon sneezed?]]

(15:35:20) Myth: "Oh my! I wonder what that could be?" Frost asked the crisp morning air. She made a dash for the right, hoping to get close enough to make out what was going on, but not be seen. She had forgotten how slippery it was though. 'Thud!' She sat up from where she had fallen, her long legs splayed out in front of here. "Ow"

(15:36:44) quidhala: @ frost: On the ground you see what could be long footprints in the mud... heading towards the sound of the sneeze.

(15:37:47) quidhala: @ Xion As you trundle through the woods the sky is obscured and you loose sight of Zen. But footprints on the ground continue to lead the way.

(15:38:59) Myth: "Footprints!" she exclaimed when she noticed them. She carefully got up and examined them. "I guess I'll just follow these then!"

(15:39:12) quidhala: @ Xion: Slippery patches of ice appear here and there...

(15:39:43) Yami-Dokuro: Xion tried to keep sight of Zen but the forest was too thick, he eventually ran into a clearing and slipped on a patch of ice and straight into someone "Ooww, I’m so sorry about that"

(15:39:50) quidhala: @ Frost: You head heavy armoured footsteps approaching you from behind

(15:41:05) Myth: "Oww... not again!" she moaned. Frost carefully got up, once again, and turned to look at the newcomer.

(15:41:15) Yami-Dokuro: 'an elf, don't see many of those nowadays' Xion thought to himself. "Sorry I was trying to keep up with Zen guess I must've slipped hahaha my names Xion"

(15:43:37) Myth: Frost shifted her hands to her hips, and gave the newcomer a good dose of her glare. "Xion, huh." she said, her accent making the word hard to pronounce. "I'm Frost. Who is this Zen you speak of?"

(15:45:16) Yami-Dokuro: He stood up and brushed the snow off his armor "My pet dragon, he flew off for no reason but I lost sight of him"

(15:47:24) Myth: "You keep a pet of dragons? You must be mad!" she exclaimed. She studied him a bit more. "I heard a noise from the west, maybe your dragon is there?"

(15:48:45) Yami-Dokuro: "Maybe, I've been following these tracks for a while now to see where they lead" Xion walked off leaving Frost on her own....again

(15:50:16) Myth: "Hey! Not so fast!" she shouted after him. Frost scrambled to keep up, but tried not to slip on the patches of ice.

(15:52:58) quidhala: "AAAHhhh-Choooobbrrtt!

(15:53:17) Yami-Dokuro: "C'mon keep up if you're coming along I can't lose Zen he's all I have" He clenched his fist at the thought of losing Zen

(15:53:42) quidhala: Another sneeze echoed just up ahead... The ground grew more even and the ice less frequent.

(15:55:01) Myth: "I'll keep up, you have no worries." she replied. "What is making that noise?" She hurried after Xion, trying not to stumble on the uneven ground.

(15:56:02) Yami-Dokuro: They reached a clearing where an odd little man stood digging a hole "Uhhmm excuse me, have you seen a dragon 'round here"

(15:56:51) quidhala: [[OOC: Yami... think of him as my character. You control yourself and the dragon.]]

(15:57:43) Myth: Frost watched the man curiously. She wondered why he was digging a hole.

(15:58:36) quidhala: A small man in overalls with a large flat head and a candle sticking out of the crown sat crying in a small ditch. Green snot fell from his large nose. He looked up at the man in the fog. Startled, he jumped out of the hole and began backing up. Crying unintelligibly, "Bwar a Yar Garum!"

(16:01:15) Yami-Dokuro: "Uhhmm excuse me, you know what he's saying Frost?"

(16:02:35) Myth: "Ummmm... Not really." she replied. "Whatever dialect he's speaking isn't one I've been taught to speak."

(16:02:57) quidhala: @ Frost: You understand only, "Mine ... 'something'?"

(16:03:40) Myth: "The only thing I can really pick out is 'mine'..."(16:04:03) quidhala: Slobber rolled down from his broad jaw and he continued to back up to a tree. Inching his way around it.

(16:07:28) Yami-Dokuro: "Hey wait, we're not gonna hurt you"

(16:08:08) Myth: Frost started to speak in elvish, hoping that the little man would understand it. She put a persuasive lilt to it, hoping to use her voice-based magic to compel him.

(16:08:30) quidhala: "Blargum!" The kobold jumped behind the tree and took off running. But when he heard a soft kind voice he paused…

(16:09:47) Yami-Dokuro: "Huh, what did you say to him" he asked puzzled

(16:09:48) quidhala: He turned slowly and peeked his head around the tree trunk. Staring at the woman...

(16:10:37) Myth: "Only that we meant no harm, and were looking for a pet dragon..." she replied.

(16:10:39) quidhala: His sobs had quieted and he had a questioning look in his tiny black. "Baroommganon! (@frost: Dragon!)" The kobold cried and fell to his knees sobbing. He winced with pain as his knees hit the hard ground.

(16:13:30) Myth: "Oh dear!" frost exclaimed. She looked at the little man with some concern. She started speaking again in her native tongue, questioning him.

(16:15:04) quidhala: "Aaaahh-Chooopt!" Snots flew from his nose and mouth. The sound echoed through the valley, loud enough for anyone to hear.

(16:15:20) Yami-Dokuro: Meanwhile Xion sliced a few branches off a dead tree and bundled them into a pile, he grabbed a rock and struck it against his sword to create sparks, eventually the wood caught fire "Bring him over here he must be cold"

(16:17:13) Myth: Frost relayed what Xion had said, her voice persuasive. She watched the man, wondering why the mention of a dragon had made him cry like so.

(16:18:26) quidhala: The kobold crawled slowly towards the hole... got up to his feet and looked down at it sadly. Then he seemed to decide to leave it reluctantly, seeking the warmth of the fire. He walked slowly up to the pair but was hesitant and kept his distance...

(16:20:33) Yami-Dokuro: "I think this'll help" Xion planted his sword firmly into a tree "Tell him we're unarmed Frost"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Enter the Kobold![Chat RP](fantasy/comedy)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:40 pm

(16:20:39) quidhala: He pointed at a large bruise on his head. And then at his side where it showed through his coveralls. "Baroommganon.' A nasty black sore on his ribcage... He stared at the sword as it was planted into the tree... stunned and his little black eyes went as wide as they could.

(16:22:58) Myth: "Oh!" she exclaimed when she saw the injuries. Frost turned to Xion. "He said dragon, I guess he was harmed by one." She turned back to the man. She spoke soothingly in her native tongue, telling him they were unarmed.

(16:23:51) Yami-Dokuro: "How can that be, Zen's the last of his kind unless...oh man Zen what did you do"

(16:24:14) quidhala: His large feet flapped down on the frosty ground as he took one step, and then another, and then another. Moving towards them.

(16:24:55) Myth: "Hmmm... maybe it was an accident?" Frost replied, not noticing the man was moving slowly towards them.

(16:25:53) quidhala: The kobold slowly stepped between the two and stood near the fire. He dipped his head down into the flames. The candle planted in his head lit... and he let out a long relieved sigh. Then he turned and looked nervously at the other two beings. Occasionally eyeing the sword sticking out of the tree.

(16:27:49) Myth: "I guess he needed to light the candle..." Frost said.

(16:28:41) quidhala: The kobold wandered to the far side of the fire and slowly turned his body. Warming himself.

(16:29:16) Yami-Dokuro: "Well I might as well go get some food, try to get him to talk" Xion grabbed his sword and walked into the fog looking for food

(16:29:56) quidhala: the kobold started when the sword came free of the tree, and then relaxed when the man walked away.

(16:30:17) Myth: "Okay" she called out after him. She turned to the little man, and started to question him in elvish.

(16:31:58) quidhala: The little man pursed his wide lips in a sideways pout.

(16:33:14) Myth: "Hmmm... you're not very talkative are you?" Frost mused. She asked him about the dragon that had harmed him, hoping to find something of importance.

(16:34:45) quidhala: The kobold looked into her eyes and began making motions with his hands. One hand on top of the other, pressing them together hard. Then he raised his hands defensively above his head and made a horrified grimace. As if something large were coming down on him. Then he looked questioningly at the elf.

(16:36:58) Myth: "Hmmm..." Frost watched the little mans actions. 'Maybe he got crushed beneath the dragon' she thought to herself. She asked him outloud, hoping for him to clarify the details.

(16:37:50) quidhala: He nodded "Yes", his miserable face almost brightened at being understood.

(16:38:56) Myth: "Oh!" Frost exclaimed. She wondered how it happened, if it was intentional or not.

(16:39:16) quidhala: He made one of his hands flat, palms up, and with the other hand made a running motion with two of his fingers.

(16:40:17) Myth: "You ran away?" she questioned the man, glad that she could understand what he was trying to say.

(16:41:04) quidhala: He pointed over at the muddy hole in the ground in the middle of the clearing. He looked at the hole longingly, then looked down at his empty hands and sighed.

(16:42:33) Myth: "You were trying to dig a hole. To hide?" she asked. He seemed to be wishing for something. "Did you misplace something?"

(16:42:41) quidhala: "Bwar a yar garum." He mumbled and made a shoveling motion with his arms. Then he seemed to drop the imaginary shovel and showed her his empty hands.

(16:44:02) Myth: 'Maybe he's a mining creature.' she thought to her self. "Did you lose your mining tool?" Frost asked him.

(16:44:39) quidhala: "Garum hai!" He shook his head, "yes"

(16:44:56) Yami-Dokuro: "Hey, I'm back and I brought some rabbits" He placed his sword between two sticks of wood and let the rabbits cook "So any progress Frost?"

(16:45:47) quidhala: The Kobolds nostrils flared and he sniffed the animals the man brought.

(16:46:31) Myth: "He was crushed beneath your dragon, he ran but now he has no mining tools, he lost them." She replied. "Have you any idea how your dragon may have crushed him?"

(16:46:33) quidhala: His tiny black eyes darted again at the sword, then back to the rabbits. "Sniff"

(16:48:30) Yami-Dokuro: "Well Zen's clumsy he must've rolled over in his sleep or something, maybe I'll ask him when he gets back, this food'll draw him back no question about it" He pulled a rabbit off the sword and held it out in front of the man

(16:48:41) quidhala: The kobold grabbed one of the rabbits hanging over the fire and began rotating it. His mouth cranked open almost a full 180 degrees and he shoved the whole rabbit into his large gapping maw. His large flat teeth crushed down, crunching the boned and all.

(16:50:57) Myth: "Well... I guess he was hungry." Frost said, watching the man eat in morbid curiosity.

(16:51:24) quidhala: Blood and juices spurted from between his lips and he looked at the fire as he chewed. Seeming to hum a tune in the back of his throat.

(16:52:09) Yami-Dokuro: "I'm worried, Zen wouldn't just ignore food, something's wrong" He grabbed another rabbit and handed it to Frost

(16:53:13) Myth: "Thank you." she said as she took the rabbit from him. She looked up at Xion. "I'm sure Zen'll be fine. We can go look once we eat though."

(16:53:23) quidhala: The Kobold looked at the tall man and made a gesture with his right hand from his chest and extending to the man.

(16:54:35) Yami-Dokuro: "Umm you're welcome please eat up" Xion took a bite out of the rabbit's leg

(16:55:14) quidhala: The sun was now directly above the valley and the full light had begun to disperse the icy fog. The kobold finally finished chewing and swallowed, a large ball bulged out in his throat and disappeared down into his chest.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!