Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Escape to the Outside

Escape to the Outside

a part of “Escape to the Outside”, a fictional universe by yogitheambrangyl.

They were taken, or made. Forced to change into something they didn't believe possible. Now that they have a chance to be free, will they be able to? Or will they be thrown into a new kind of Hell? Still accepting

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Escape to the Outside”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Escape to the Outside

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:48 am

Not enough time. Running a few characters in different RPs doesn't take much, running an entire RP does. Would need a co-GM and I am not sure if I would be able to find one that would be willing. Also it is just an idea that had started to bounce around in my head again, don't have much substantial info about it yet.
Everybody is insane. The people in the asylums are the least insane, they were not able to hide it. The truly insane people are able to hide it the best. Venting their insanity in small spurts and in creative ways to keep it under control.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yogitheambrangyl on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 pm

I understand. And yes running an RP is a lot more difficult than having a character. I haven't been able to join many others because I have this one (on top that I have all my school courses). That is partially why I haven't made my Lab worker for here yet. It takes me several days to get out a good character.
"Sometimes when I say I'm fine I'd like someone to wrap their arms around me, look me in the eyes, pour their soul into me, and demand to know whats wrong"
.:[Author unkown]:.

Sick of crying, tired of trying,
Yes I'm smiling, but inside I'm dying.
.:[Credit to: Shattered233]:.

Everybody is always so f***ing 'Fine'
But we are not. Sometimes, we are hurt and bruised and nearly comepletely shattered.
And this, sir, is not what one calls fine.
.:[Author unknown]:.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yogitheambrangyl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Take as much time as you need for that lab worker, need to give the others time to get away anyways.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:54 am

I now have a more maneuverable splint so I can type for short periods of time. Enough to start posting again.

I REALLY need to get back on my RP. What I find is the hardest part is actually keeping people from dissappearing over planning the story and running the show as a whole. I've even enticed people with free art of their characters and interesting plots depending on where they want to go. But alas, keeping them consistent becomes more like pulling teeth and no matter how much I try to encourage them to use the ooc chat to work ideas out, I feel like they would rather avoid it. As though it was garlic and they were vampires. :/ Its hard to stay consistent when you don't know who's still posting or not.

But yeah, running an rp takes at least 3x the amount of time and planning than it takes to play as a character on one. Lot o' work.

Since I seem to keep missing you when you are online Mask I will send you a P.M. instead.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:38 pm

Yeah disappearances is a huge problem for all RPs and if usually as soon as one person suddenly stops posting everyone else just follows suit. It is just weird. If I disappear I do what I can to notify why I will be gone I won't just go poof. And if I have characters interacting I usually disentangle them from whoever they are with and send them off on a trip. I love OOC chat! I don't like quiet OOC, it is evil.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:35 pm

Okay, I just wanna say that my post was crappy, and I am suffering from a really bad case of writer's block and that I'm sorry for disappearing for awhile there, but with the site being down and having power outages around where I live, it was very difficult to catch up on all the posting...
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mackamp on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:16 pm

I like this storyline. I am fairly new to RP but I am consistent and creative. I won't disappear. My first RP people just stop writing and the second, seems more like a boys club and they keep ignoring my post =( Do you think you have a spot for me?

Mackamp
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Hiya Mackamp I am sure there is plenty of room in here for you! As to what spot exactly well probably will need to talk to yogi about that.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yogitheambrangyl on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Hey Mackamp, yes there is plenty of space for another Rper! I'm not overbearing in who needs to play what. There something that you wanted to do? We can go from there.

yogitheambrangyl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:28 pm

*Chases giant mutated crickets out*

So how is everyone doing? It has been quiet for quite some time. Hoping we haven't decided to declare this RP dead.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:53 pm

I don't think it's dead..... maybe. xD

The site was down for a day or so I think that could be one of the reasons for extended absences. Other than that though, I agree on the cricket issue :P

I'll wait for a day or two to pump out another post. Give other people a chance to post and such. People are just busy with real life, and that's perfectly okay. ^^
Last edited by Guardian Angel on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yogitheambrangyl on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:54 pm

No, this isn't dead. I know that Write just has a lot of work though. School is demanding x.x -.-

yogitheambrangyl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Yeah I was not happy about the site being down . . . again. Really beginning to wonder about that. But I understand people busy I am starting to become a little busier at work which means more money going into my pocket. But a word or two could be spared for the OOC so we know if still at least alive right? Or am I more off in the head than I thought?

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WriteLive on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Sorry guys, had back to back doubles again. been off the last two days, trying to get my wireless keyboard to work properly. currently using the touch screen to type, which due to the akward angle makes my shoulders scream... idk what's going on with the connection but it's slow to register and then types double letters... and can't use the regular keyboard because some keys don't work due to a kittycat incident(yogi knows all about that part).... i am working on a post as best i can. in the meantime, can anyone give me suggestions????

WriteLive
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:16 pm

My oh my seems like something doesn't want you to be on here then Write. And do you mean suggestions for post or how to make keyboard work? I can't really help with either, but with a little clarification maybe someone else could.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WriteLive on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 pm

the keyboard... i have a general idea for the post. i haven't had this blasted laptop for a year and already it's wonky....

WriteLive
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Most definitely can't help you. I am nowhere close to as tech savvy as I would really like to be. Plus don't have the money for it. The notebook I am using is four to five years old and held together with duct tape.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Tried to send messages through my phone but it looks like none of them made it through >.< The only time I've had a chance to get on the computer was last night when I was literally falling asleep while standing up. So I basically wrote what I was feeling at the time, well, minus the blood. And mutants.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mask Wearer on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Ah. Was wondering why I hadn't heard from you again. I have learned that it is not good to type things when you are that tired. It makes sense to me when I try because I know what it is supposed to say. But when others see it all they read is utter nonsense, not even words are in the message. Would definitely hope that blood and mutants were not around you last night because that is a scary thought.

Mask Wearer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yogitheambrangyl on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Seems everyone had something going on. x.x Myself included, I think I have a cold. T.T
But I am glad people are still here and posting!

yogitheambrangyl
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!