Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fantasy Expedition Roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Fantasy Expedition Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Hello, everyone. I'm Nightblazer. (If you were expecting a description of myself in greater detail, I'm sorry.) As you can guess, I'm starting a roleplay, and I came here to see how many people might be interested.

My idea is based off of an old roleplay that I was once in. It takes place in a fantasy world, covered mostly in wilderness. Our characters are on a journey to find--whoa, whoops, I'd better leave that detail for when the RP actually is posted.
In any case, you are able to use various kinds of magic, archery, swords, and the like for your characters. (Firearms are sadly not a thing.)

These are the playable races I've decided to use. They're pretty standard fare for fantasy, I know...but, if you want another race other than these 4, I'm open to suggestion!
  • Elves
  • Dwarves
  • Humans (of 3 different tribes, which I'll elaborate on if you want)
  • Beastmen (as you can guess, part animal, part human)

At this point, I think I've gotten nearly everything ready. The RP will probably go up at some point between Thursday and Saturday of this week.

I've never written in Interest Checks before, so I'm not sure what else to write. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I look forward to writing with you (if anyone even sees me, that is).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Re: Fantasy Expedition Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Well, depending on the details, I'd be interested. I wouldn't mind playing a naive fairy character, but obviously that depends on the details and if the plot doesn't allow for the usage of non-combatant characters, then I likely wouldn't be playing such a character. Now, other than that, I don't really have any specific ideas in mind, so I don't really have any suggestions for races quite yet.

Otherwise, you could count me as interested.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Fairies, you say? Doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. I'll think a bit about how to work them in.

And a noncombatant character is completely fine. Glad to hear you're interested!

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scripter on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:47 pm

I might be interested, depending on the plot details, of course, but I'm always down for some fantasy. However, I would like to inquire about how many players you were looking for? Are talking a small group (i.e. 4-6) or a larger one?

Depending on that, I might have a female Elven character that I would like to throw into the mix.
Pocałować daleki ból.

Scripter
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:56 pm

To me, around 10 people would be ideal--not that I mind having bigger or smaller numbers. Is that alright with you?

Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear you're interested too.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:14 pm

This sounds promising

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyliel on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

I believe I would be interested.

I'm thinking of making a potion-mixing alchemist type of character. He/she would be in charge of the group's healthcare, as well as throwing poison bombs at possible enemies if needed.

Probably a human, or possibly one of these beastmen (they would probably have a keen nose that would be useful when mixing up potions). I haven't fully decided on anything yet, though.
"Here's da plan: win. If we lose, it's because ya didn't follow da plan."

Eyliel
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Sounds like a very interesting idea, Eyliel! And, I suppose we WOULD be pretty screwed if we didn't have someone capable of patching us up. Glad you're interested!

Happy to hear you like the idea, Phoenix.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekriist on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Possibly interested, depending on the human tribes and their back story.
The road to civilization is paved with bones, and mortared with blood and ash.

Nekriist
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:12 pm

I did say I could elaborate on the tribes' backstories if anyone wanted me to...still, I'm glad you're interested.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekriist on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:26 pm

So elaborate, man!

Nekriist
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Right, then. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR INFO DUMP.

Humans
The final race to appear in historical records, humans originally lived in the Heartland, the center of the civilized regions. However, around 20 years ago, they fought a bitter war, now referred to as “the Great Schism.” In the aftermath, the humans parted ways to create 3 tribes: the Nords, the Solarians, and the Tekers. Communications have been restored between the three kingdoms, but it isn’t always as friendly as one would expect from members the same species.

Despite all of them having similar body structures and compositions, and thus all being “human,” they also seem quite distinct from each other--no doubt due to the very diverse environments in which they lived after the Schism.
  • The Nords
    The Nords are the smallest of the human tribes in population, but its members are the largest in body structure. Nords stand around 6’2” to 7’4” and are usually very muscular. They typically have bright hair colors, ranging from bright red to light brown.

Although the Nord Ancestors were not heavily involved with the fighting during the Schism, they were sought out by both sides. In the end, the Nords severed all ties with the Tekers and Solarians, and left the Heartland in a mass migration. The Nords traveled northwards, in hopes of finding a paradise far away from the fighting, but instead found themselves trapped in the Borealis Valley by one of its characteristic harsh and sudden winters. The Nordic tribe most likely would have died out during that winter, but somehow managed to endure it.

Now, the Nords are some of the best warriors of the Northern Region. They are also are master practitioners of Spiritual Magic.
  • The Tekers
    The Teker tribe is the second largest tribe of Humanity. Tekers average around 5’6” to 6’8” in height, and possess tan skin and dark hair that ranges in color from black to dark brown.

The Teker tribe was formed at around the time that the Schism began. Ultimately losing the conflict and being forced to flee the Heartland, the Tekers went to the Southern Valderian Coast and the Triperian Peninsula, where they currently reside as the United Teker States.

Having many master blacksmiths, this tribe enjoys flaunting its high-quality military equipment, though it has not chosen to wage any wars since its formation. Tekers are master psions, and the tribe has the highest rate of psychic manifestation of any tribe or race.
  • The Solarians
    The Solarian Tribe is the largest and the most powerful tribe of all of humanity. Solarians have fair skin and lighter hair that ranges from blond to light brown. Solarians range from 5’10” to 6’10” in height.

Highly religious, the Solarians worship Sele the Lightbringer as their sole creator and their savior. They still live in their birthplace, the Heartland, after having won out over the Tekers in the Schism. They commonly attribute their victory to the discovery of Holy Magic, which gave the Solarians the upper hand.

To this day, Solarians believe that Holy Magic was a gift from Sele to help defeat the Tekers and drive them from the Heartland. Their emissaries have spread Holy Magic alongside their religion throughout Valderia, and some people in other countries practice it. Aside from mastery of Holy Magic, the Solarians also have skill in Elemental arts.
Thinking about it, I should probably talk about magic, too...what do you think so far, Nekriist?

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekriist on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 pm

OH GOD THE INFO. *Eyes burn out of sockets*

Seriously though, i'm on board with this.

Nekriist
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Awesome. Glad to have you on board.

*something something hype train comment something*
*even though trains do not exist in this RP*

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekriist on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Christ on his cross, I hope that's not a Payday 2 joke. Lol.

Nekriist
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 pm

I KNEW that I've seen those names before.

roleplay/the-magic-hunters-of-valderia

I was interested in that one, but I wasn't able to join it due to RL issues and too many people joining all at once.

Still interested though.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:29 am

I'd be interested in joining this.
I've got none that's good. So... yeah.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:36 am

Well, crap, looks like RTMX found the old RP. Knew I should have erased the evidence wait what.

However, as harsh as it sounds when I say this, RTMX...if you're worried about too many people, you might as well move on, because it looks like I managed to pique the interest of a lot of people already.

And, RCJJ, I'm glad to hear you're also interested.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Looks like this thing built up interest really, really fast. Guess there's only one thing to do now...

I present to you, the role play itself!
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-first-valderian-expedition

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!