Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Golden Leo: A Fairy Tail

Golden Leo: A Fairy Tail RP

a part of “Golden Leo: A Fairy Tail”, a fictional universe by Ianbus.

Fairy Tail may be the number one guild in Fiore, but overseas in the land of Ebel, Golden Leo is the guild to be in! Follow the adventures of the many guild members in this colorful and adventurous RP!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Golden Leo: A Fairy Tail”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Golden Leo: A Fairy Tail RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 pm

sorry it took me so long to post... hopefully my post helps things pick up.
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balmung6 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 pm

it's alright chris, i was just curious because i hadn't seen you post in awhile - busy during the day?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Balmung6
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:07 pm

GOMENASAI

I am so sorry, I was away from a computer all weekend and only now got a chance to respond. Sorry

oh yes... why did you hit her the calf, you know if you trip her up she's just going to twist and kick you :D she didn't though, CAUSE THERE WAS A BOMB and she got thrown into a wall :D

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroyami on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Because I was feeling playful! Lol

I was initially gonna have him smack her on the butt with it, but I figured that would make her mad :p

But anyway, I had it all planned out.. really :)
Sarcasm (sar-kas-im) noun - Intellect on the offensive.Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.

Kuroyami
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:50 pm

lol smacking her on the butt would have been more effective XD. She couldn't have done much but stumble and she WOULD have been very embarrassed.

Originally I was hoping you would attack her straight on as well so she could slip under you spear and deliver a knock out kick. :D

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ianbus on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Hey gang, I'm back and writing a post! Glad to see people are enjoying kicking tar ass!
Side note, I found out I can eat a 6 inch sub in less than two minutes cuz a certain GM-partner doesn't like crumbs in his car. >.>

-the stuffed Catbus.'

Crumbs are gross in a car, plus Catbus' ability to eat quickly is scary yet memorizing, that is all.

-the shocked Iandak

Ianbus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroyami on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Lol. Tiir isn't that great with the spear. He's more of a hand to hand/mid range spellcaster kind of guy. He couldn't nuke Tanya with spells,obviously, but he could have always tossed the spear aside and turned the tables on her :p
He only has the spear because it belonged to his mother before she died.

Kuroyami
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:29 am

true.... She can't fight magic very well. She can dodge it though :(

hopefully XD

anyways what happened to Fallen? I know she's around here... lurking XD She's not one to leave.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 am

Can't fight magic very well? Tanya? To me she seems to be a perfect mage killer! :) Maybe needs a long range weapon or two to cope though....

Got a computer, a old pentium two, but with it I have my first combat related post with Tai. She's a bit sadistic and dramatic, but its to offset the constant soft spots of her personality.

I have a question towards Ianbus (yes both of you) though. Are we going to be able to explore the devastation of the city? I have a really good scene with Tai (and maybe Tiir, when he reads this. Trying to get some character bonds) in which she gains a little companion....

Tigeress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ianbus on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am

Yup Tigeress after this arc well wait a day or twro before starting the next, allowing people to explore the city.

Ianbus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Okay, first of all. Sorry for the big post, bear with it. It contains a piece that all of you are involved in. Don't decide not to read it because it's long and your character(s) aren't in the same place of the city.( That's not a good exuse to use on any post for that matter)

Seconds: KUROYAMI!!!!! GIACOMO, A TELEPATH?????? READ DAMN YOU!
(Just kidding. ;P But next time read the profile before you state things like that, please)

Thirds: Catbus, if you can do such an amazzing thing, put it in your bio. Because that is just awsome. And didn't you basically shove the sandwich into your throat? 'Cuz, that ain't eating by my book.
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balmung6 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm

sorry Kallas, Kuroyami's post made it sound like he was sure you were able to do something like that and i was exhausted from an overnight shift, didn't have the energy to think properly, sorry =(

Balmung6
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:40 pm

I ain't blaming anything on you Balmungm just on Kuro. He stated something that was wrong and for me it's standart to open the character sheets of anyone involved in my posts in tabs, that way I can check things quick and easy.

Anyways, do poeple even read these days? I clearly stated that my super heated blade made contact with the tar creatures and the tar was completly unaffected, exept that it hardened lightning quick,( Actualy I said that in two seperate posts) and then Nanase comes by and says that the damn things are highly flamable.

Sorry if I am flaming, but this is frustrating.

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:54 pm

sorry Kallas. but most types of tar are flammable. I mean.... It's a heavy oil, it's a flammable substance.

I'll change it if I have too but...just saying, these tar people are made out of a liquid tar, which is highly flammable.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Uhm, tar can be a lot. But the flamable components you say it contains are comparable to the total not that much, true it contains some highly flammable liquids, but most of the stuff is not very flamable. The stuff I am talking about in that case are bitumen( asphalt) the stuff that give tar it's tarlike features.

Side note, yes bitumen can burn, but at a temprature that is insanly high( safety sheets don't even have the burning point listed because it's so high), so if you were to stand near it you'd be burned to a crisp yourself too.( if there even would be anything left of you) So recap, human burns faster than bitumen.

Also I don't think you understand the term heavy oil it aims to the fact that the oil succeeded to go to the bottom of the destilation collum (which normally has a temprature of 673K), which means that has such a high boiling temrature that it doesn't vapourize under the tempratures used in the colum.
Also a chemestry side note: Chemestry has told us that it isn't the liquid that burns, it's the gas from the liquid that burns.

I could just keep on going and pound your argument into pieces with the help of chemestry, but I'll leave it with this.
Last edited by Kallas Redwater on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balmung6 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Maybe we can alter it so Kallas' character encountered the rare group of peanut butter men instead, xD

Balmung6
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ianbus on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Kallas Redwater wrote:Seconds: KUROYAMI!!!!! GIACOMO, A TELEPATH?????? READ DAMN YOU!
(Just kidding. ;P But next time read the profile before you state things like that, please)

Taken from Giacomo's personality on his sheet : Giacomo is known as one of the few that have more thoughts on his mind than his mouth can progress, because of this he also known as one of the quieter souls in Golden Leo. Most understand that that is because of his overloading thoughts, others keep it with a more mysterious reason, a popular reason is that Giacomo can read minds and send his thoughts so he doesn’t need to talk.

So techinally Tiir who I assumed wouldn't talk much to people heard the rumour and thinks that it true and Blitz went along with it.

For the tar-men we did not specify wether or not they can be set on fire so it's really no big deal if you write it one way or the other. We are moving into the second stage of the arc anyways so expect a that either tonight or tommorow.

Ianbus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 pm

It may sound super stupid, but I forgot that part.( though I use the sheet extensivly I hardly reread the personality part, since it's I just 'jump' into their personality when writing) But now it makes sense. Sorry for the ungrounded claim.

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm sorry I don't know as much chemisty as you do but I'll I did was google my idea, found out that most tar is highly flammable and went with it as the creatures were just tar men. And as they regenerate easily and can shoot the stuff I assumed it was a liquid form of it which burns easily.

anyways it's done now, I'm sorry we thought these were different kinds of tar.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Tanya, if I may inter-ject. lighting a bunch of tar people on fire is very logical, cept to the fact that the city would burn with it. To do that would cause huge fires that would probaly wipe out sections of the city. (which would be a GREAT plan for a gm.) I had actually considered doing that until I thought of the colateral damage.

Kallas, chemistry or not, tar was used as a early version of napalm basically. During siegings boiling oil, tar (or pitch, which is similar enough) and other flamable items were often dropped upon enemies wooden structures. (also used in early smoke screens) The stuff is historically flammable, so Tanya's thinking is to that logic. The explanation that we don't want a burned down city also stands to logic :) win win.

On my own complaint, its cruel of you,Kallas, to go after people for not listening when during my characters post, I stated "We cannot hold them here" and your character, Kallas, jumps off in a sword swinging round of heroism, holding hundreds (i believe my post said hundreds) of tar troopers back so that we could attempt to escape. I held my tongue about it for the sake of the story.

Also on a similar note, Tai sharing a story while cooking is anouther bit of my writing completely ignored. In fact, it was roughly the size of two paragraphs about a slightly humorous event, again a way to try to get the characters to bond a bit. It was not so much as even aknowledged.

And when I had written that there was a small quiet moment when the horde had backed off, (which would allow for a bit of dialogue between the characters as Catbus's character Hershel used his magic upon us, giving us a chance to relate to eachothers combat styles) was completely ignored, again! This is three times, and I think they are close to back to back. If anyone has a right to complain about lack of reading....

All that being said, im enjoying the story enough to sit there and be ignored half the time. (Literally, as roughly 1/2 of my posts seem to be widely ignored) and don't want us to bicker about it.

If I sound mad, I don't mean it, Im just flustered a bit with writing well written paragraphs with some fairly good descriptions of the scene, (i write these after work) only for my companions to have no recollection of these events, as if Tai is in her own little world within Golden Leo.

Yes I have written the character as a loner, but being 6'5 inches, covered in tattoos, wearing red leather robes with tons of belts, and wielding a massive greatsword, she is not invisible. Not to mention she has gauntlets, with BELLS on them. So even if the others characters cannot see her, they could certainly hear her.

I apologize in advance for this. If either GM feels i've said something unecessary, and wish my removal from the story, I will honor it, as I am not here to ruin a good story that has a strong cast of characters, and hopefully roleplayers who are smart enough to see that we are all freinds here, just wanting a good time. :)

-Tig

Tigeress
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!