Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hell's Ascent (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Hell's Ascent (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raven Lyer on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:02 am

OOC & sign up: hells-ascent-ooc-and-signup-t34306.html

It was the middle of the night. The city was quiet, and only a few people silently walked the streets. Animalistic growls echoed from every alleyway as lesser demons waited for their meals to pass by. Far above this scene, atop one of the city's tallest buildings, a single figure cloaked in the blackness of the night watched over it all. This was Sage, the new leader of the Slaves of Fate, the organization that challenged the demons who controlled their world. The tails of his black coat flapped in the wind as Sage observed everything that happened below. His midnight black hair flitted across his face as his crimson eyes sought out a large enough demon. This night seemed to be more quiet than most, and this usually meant something big was about to happen. What, he did not know, but he was hoping it'd be something big. He rested his hands upon the hilts of his two swords as he took a step closer to the edge. These nightly hunts were boring at best, and since he did most of them alone, they were rather lonely. It was too bad nobody else ever went with him. Most thought that the prey he went after were too big, and much too dangerous, so they refused whenever he offered to take them along.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raven Lyer
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Hell's Ascent (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 am

Diana walked up behind Sage, a small grin on her face. She was wearing her usual black dress and heels. She had her katana on her back as well as her rifle "Nice night...i heard the howling and thought id run a little recon. Didnt expect you here though" Her purple eyes scanned every inch of Sage. Sure he was hansome but she had someone already waiting for her. She pushed her gray hair out of her face and looked down. She pulled out her sniper rifle and activated the night vision scope. "Wow.......must be a big night. There is lots of them down there. What do you think boss?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 am

Luke sighed as he leaned against a wall in the shadows shaking his head, he was one of the few that always went with Sage, not truly out of want but more out of the fact that he needed the fighting Experience. "Let's not get Flirtatious shall we Diana..?" he said calmly as he walked up standing beside them both as he rubbed his forehead. "Sage you gonna attack or may I..?" He asked calmly as he looked to their Supposed leader, He was a good person at heart though he always seemed to have an asshole Complex to him.

Luke looked down at ever single one of those lesser Demons and smiled, more for the kill and easier experience when it's needed. He really couldn't wait and wanted to get right down there, but he knew he had no say an anything of this little late night mission, and he'd follow his orders like he always did. He sighed softly as he just waited the urge to fight getting to him as he gripped his left arm tight, the black aura began to pulse heavily with hunger as he shook his head.

He wore his usual outfit long navy trench coat the left sleeve cut off to give room to his metal Gauntlet that traveled all the way to his shoulder, black jeans and his swords strapped to his back. His shoes always revolved around Boots or sneakers depending on what he felt for the day as he brushed his Black and silver hair out of his mismatched eyes and smiled some. He wanted to attack not just because the aura was beginning to act up again but because he always enjoyed the feeling of when Adrenaline was shooting through his veins

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Diana sighs loudly "I am not being a flirt Luke. I came up here to see what the source of the howling was coming from" She continues to look through the scope of her rifle, seeing what was down there. "Wow....i have never seen this many demons coming into one place. Boss....can we attack them? I want to feed so badly" Her fangs were extended and she looked famished. She had developed a tolerance to demon blood since human blood was so rare nowadays. "God i am starving... i really need to feed boss. Whoever is attacking, ill follow them." She looked around trying to see if any onthers would volunteer to go along
Last edited by Rougeshadow on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Nym had decided that it was probably best to go one some sort of mission out with the boss and the stronger members of the group. She had to show what she was made of at some point and not live up to the weakling werecat she had been known as when she was younger. She knew she was strong enough to fight alongside these people, it was just her nerves that stopped her, she didn't want to mess up.
She peered down at the many lesser demons that were around, surprised by the vast amount of them. Nearly all of them would be bigger than her, as it wasn't hard to be taller than 5ft3, except for Nym, of course. She glanced over her shoulder towards the other, amused by their conversation a little, though didn't add to it, instead concentrating on what kind of tactics she'd have to use to take down these lesser demons.

Unlike the others, she didn't have any kind of special outfit for fighting, she didn't exactly have the money for flashy clothes, sticking to her leather vest and shorts, black knee high socks, boots and gloves, topped off with mossy green cloak. It was the obvious appearance of a theif, but she didn't care. At her waist sat her golden whip - that had been stolen a long time ago, of course. And her kitty-claw gauntlet sat comfortably on her right hand, the glove that was usually on it in on of the pockets on her belt for when she was done fighting.
She glanced back at the others in the group, waiting for some kind of order towards her.

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Cain lit a cigarette, the glow being blocked by the covering hands. It was a habit, and it gave him an excuse to hang back and avoid getting involved. Other then the coffin nail, his blue eyes were dull, far away, and contrasted with his jet black hair badly. His get up was nothing fancy, considering the world they were in, he couldn't afford fancy. A generic black coat went over a dirty white t-shirt, the one edge of the collar had a black wing stitched into it. Khaki cargo pants, with plenty of pockets to carry whatever he wanted, and finally a pair of generic sneakers. It wasn't meant to impress, rather, it was what worked functionally for him. Rotating his shoulder, he stepped forward, nodding to each of them in turn. He knew who the techincal leaders were, albeit rarely followed a chain of command. He did what he thought needed done, usually coinciding with what the so called leadership wanted done. Well, he thought that but knew better. He wouldn't argue with orders unless it was vital, hating the position of leadership.

He took another drag on the smoke, the end flaring dully in the darkness. It fell, rotating end over end until it hit the ground. A firm foot step crushed it, grinding it out completely. It had served its purpose, and was no longer needed. No point in dragging it out further then it already was. At 5ft 11in tall, and only 145lbs, he was incredibly lean looking, almost unhealthily so. He stood, watching the group until they addressed him, or reacted to his commentary, whichever came first. "I'm here, can't let you fools rush off with out some sort of longer ranged support. Dedicated Long range support."
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raven Lyer on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Sage smirked lightly, his fangs showing clearly as his eyes glowed red. "Well, well, look who followed me." He said, more commenting on their usual absence than anything, "My usual tag-along, The blood hybrid, the sharpshooter, and my favorite kitty. I'm glad you managed to join me tonight." He looked back down over the edge and smiled as a large demon shifted out from an alley way onto the street just below them. "Well, If you all really wish to follow me; you may, but you'll have to keep up." He gave them a wave an stepped off the edge, sending him falling down the side of the building. His coat flapped around him, the skull shaped studs clanging against each other, as he fell with ever increasing speed. He fell feet first ontop of the demon, whose entire body was crushed under Sage's, due to the sheer momentum of the fall. He looked up with a fanged smile as blood splattered everywhere, painting the street with red.He knew a jump like this would be no problem for Lucas, but the others would have a difficult time getting down.

Raven Lyer
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Luke smirked. "Aye aye~!" He called and jumped down right after him without a second thought as he landed on the corpse of the demon with a smirk, He left his swords in their place as he smiled the claws of his left gauntlet being the only weapon he needed currently as he stabbed them into the corpse an aura from the Demon very visible from it as it flooded into his left arm. He smiled some and saluted.

"Lead the way...sir.." he said as he pulled out his broadsword in his right hand and left his left hand free. He smiled more at the fact that this battle would be bloody then at the fact that they had a team, he looked up and waved. "Come on Guys If you jump I'll catch you...well maybe.." He said as he smiled some.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Diana grins evily, her eyes glowing and her fangs extending "My turn.. its time to feed" She jumps down and goes right, where there were 5 demons still shocked by Sage's and Luke's entrance. She draws her katana and rushes at them. She lunges at them, cutting 3 of the 5 demon's heads off. The other two looked dumbfounded and Diana played on that fear. One of them ran and the other, stood stll. She rush at the standing one and sunk her fangs into the demon's neck, feeding slowly

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Cain smirked, unslinging his .308 rifle, and walked to the ledge, zeroing the scope on the demon who had been terrified of the others entries. For a demon, it had little in the way of strong will. No matter, it never stood a chance. It got a dozen paces away before his rifle whispered through the silencer, and its neck and lower head blew apart, dropping it rather abruptly. He checked his two sidearms, both were loaded and ready to rock, and he resumed Overwatch from his perch on the roof, a soft click being the only sound as he reloaded his rifle. It was nice, as far as rifles went, silenced and deadly accurate farther then any of the others would most likely be able to hit normally. He had a clean path along the roof tops, which would give him easy access to follow their movements and continue to provide support. He would of lit another cigarette, but he was busy now. Several demons were already on route to see what was going on, the lead suddenly having a gaping hole in its forehead. His voice was soft, yet carried to the others so they, if they hadn't figured it yet, knew what he was doing. "While you spread Death personally, I shall rain it upon them from on high, and none shall be safe from my wrath..."

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Standing on top of a building watching Diana feed off of a demon, Caliban decided to play lookout. Staring out through the two lens on his visor, he wondered why he couldn't remember his past. Shaking his head and glancing around, he saw a something coming. "I think we've got more "friends" coming guys." he said down the others. Placing a hand the handle of his sword, he mental shutdown certain parts of his mind. 'Ok demon almost time to play.' he mused, feeling it start to moving.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmi-Heldt on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Rebellous stood atop a high spire sticking out of the ground on one foot. She scanned the area for any other people who might interrupt her feeding for tonight. She sighed. Just the usual, Sage and his little tag-a-longs. She was more of a loner by nature because of the fact that she would put playing with one's desires before work, and because of being overly flirtatious. She rose an eyebrow and narrowed her vision so she could see them up close without moving an inch. He does look like someone I would have fun playing with... She thought, amused. Then she shook her head. Work before play. She shadow-stepped behind another demon she found that was idle and snapped his neck. "And the feast begins..." She muttered happily as she swallowed the demon's blood. She quickly melded back in with the shadows to stay hidden from anymore competition, she didn't want to get in their way, and she didn't want them getting in hers.
Good Things End with "Game Over", but Great Things "Retry".

Emmi-Heldt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:50 am

Nym watched as everyone jumped down, one by one. She couldn't help but giggle quietly as Luke said he might catch them. So far he hadn't caught anyone, everyone having been able to jump down by themselves with ease. Now it was her turn. Being part feline, she was pretty sure she could land on her feet. She leapt over the edge, mossy green cloak billowing behind her as she fell, slowing her fall a little as she used her kitty-claw gauntlet against the wall, which also sharpened the blades at the same time - sparks flying from the gauntlet and three distinct scratch marks being left behind as she pushed against the wall as she got closer to the ground, landing neatly on the ground beside Luke,
"I don't think anyone needed catching," She said to him, smiling a little, "it was a nice offer though."

She shook off the brick dust from her gauntlet, grabbing her golden whip from the belt at her hip with the other hand, before gazing round with eyes as proud looking as a lion's, looking for her first oppertunity to strike.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:02 am

Diana released her grip from the now dead demon. She licked her lips, trying to get any leftovers from her mouth. She watches with amusement as Nym clawed her way down. She looked around and found a few more targets that she could kill. She unslung her rifle abd popped open the scope. She unloaded four rounds and 3 found their mark. The one was hiding, waiting for someone to come near him. She grinned evily, she was still hungry. She jumps straight up in the air and landed on the demon and repeated what she did with the last, little did she know there were four demons behind her and all they had to do was turn their heads and they would see and kill her

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:47 am

Cain picked up the motion of Diana as she leapt into combat, not even noticing the unpleasantness that could ensue if they even twitched wrong. He sighed, zeroing on the first of the four demons, and its head popped, which would probably splatter her with blood and get her attention. The second shot fired before the demons had time to even realize they were under fire, blowing the neck of the second demon out, its head dropping separate from the body. The third jumped and escaped his view, the fourth was aparently dumbfounded by what just happened, and stood there like an idiot. She could handle it, he swung his scope and resumed shooting anything that looked like it deserved a new hole in its head. There was a minor issue with the demon who had evaded his view attacking, having found a way up. If he had been only human, chances are he would most likely be in pain. So the demon probably felt shocked as it was striking at thin air, and a firm shove threw it off the roof. His leg remaining in front of its legs and it being already off balance didn't help it at all. Watching it fall and hit the ground, he fired the last round in his clip into it's head, before it had a chance to move. Reloading, he paused to light a cigarette, taking the warmth into his chest and expelling it before resuming his sniper fire.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raven Lyer on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:54 am

Sage's expression changed to one of disgust as Diana fed on the demon until it was dry. To him, this was the most dirty act anyone remotely of his species could commit. To drink the blood of such an impure beast was unheard of to him before he had seen the two hybrids do it. He could only imagine that the creature's malice and bloodlust would be transfered into their bodies, as well as the memories encrypted into the blood. He shook his head and regained his composure as he noticed Rebellous' aura not far from his now rather large hunting party. He could only guess by the smell of her scent mixed with that of demonic blood, that she had fed on one of the beasts too. With a sigh, he made his way away from the group to find a sizable demon, or perhaps a human female to feed on to tide him over another week. All the same, he didn't quite feel like being around the rest, who were obviously getting into the blood shed. Soulrender flashed from its sheathe as Sage passed an alley way. It lay in his hand as Sage had his arm outstretched after having severed a pouncing lesser demon's head from it's shoulders. The creature's body crumbled to dust before the head could fall to the ground as Soulrender's blade absorbed the demon's essence. "When will they learn?" he said silently as he sheathed Soulrender in its blackened steel sheathe.

Raven Lyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Luke blushed and rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. "Hey is it that bad that i tired..?" He said with a laugh as he watched Sage walk off by himself as he sniffed at the air alittle. He smiled at her resting a hand on her shoulder. "Don't have to much fun.." He said as he ran off somewhere, he ment to find his own kills and when one presented itself a bigger demon he smiled and jumped for it.

He jumped up and stabbed his sword into it's shoulder repeatedly until the arm fell to the ground and a distinct scream could be heard from it as he swiped his sword through it's throat to shut it up as he smiled shoving the claw into the gaping hole that was it's throat and draining it of it's essence.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:25 pm

Nym watched as the group dispatched, splitting up to do their own thing. She could only guess that she had to do the same, though directions were limited, and so she ended up following a similar path to Luke, though was stopped from moving further ahead as a lesser demon stepped infront of her, the beast towering over her like most would. She guessed that it thought she was easy pickings because of her size, and she was prepared to teach it it's final lesson.
The demon dived at her, but Nym was one step ahead, hopping aside against a wall, waiting for it's stumble forward before pushing off the wall, pouncing the creature over, tearing into it with her clawed gauntlet, feeble cries of pain escaping the beast, though there was no point to it, as Nym continued to slice and dice till the Demon gave in and was no more.

She stepped back from her first kill of the night, it's dark blood still dripping from her gauntlet, a smirk on her face as she was sure it's lesson had been learnt well. She then turned on her heel, continueing to wander in search of demons to slaughter, blood still dripping from her claws as she passed the alley that Luke was down, having not bothered cleaning her weapon as a sign to other demons that she wasn't as weak as she might've appeared to be.

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:08 pm

Diana smelled the demons all around her and grinned. She felt full enough to withstand the sun for another day. She released the demon and noticed the others fighting their own fights. She smelled another vampire somewhere in the vicinity but couldnt place it. She spun around and saw another four demons behind her. She looked at the coldly, and decapitated them within the instant. She smiled as their heads rolled away into the gutters. She slowly made her way up to the roof of the building they jumped off of and unslung her rifle and popped open the scope. She began firing into the horde of demons but missed alot of the shots. "Damnit....that last demon had memories, too many memories" She began to draw the memories and stopped firing. She stared into the horde of demons with a thousand yard stare.

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Luke sighed as he wiped off the claw and shook his head. "To easy.." Was all he said as he walked out of the alley way with a yawn as he leaned against the wall, he was bored already and would await the rest of the group here.

He smiled some and laughed little deciding to follow after Nym though to see if he could spook her just once, he walked up behind her with a sigh as he followed after her. "You know you might wanna clean those off...once it's stained it'll be hell cleaning them.." He said right next to her as he smiled softly.

Soki
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!