Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hogwarts: Year One

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Hogwarts: Year One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:46 pm

When Lauren asked everyone's names, Chloris tried to pay attention to what everyone had said even though she was slightly distracted by the expression on Aiden's face as he left the compartment. She didn't know almost anyone's name, and although she wasn't sure if she could remember all the names at once, she knew she would be able to remember all of them in a few days' time. "My name is Chloris." she said after some of the others had introduced themselves. "It's nice to meet you."

When John reported that they should almost be there, Chloris put down the box on her lap and retrieved her suitcase from the shelves above. She hadn't expected the journey to end so soon - or perhaps the flow of time had been faster because she was with others. The dim, bluish light flooding in from the window implied that it was the latter - the rain clouds made the sky appear darker, but it was almost 6 o'clock, and the sun was probably about to set.

Chloris took out her robes and glanced at the other girls. Being an only child, she was not very accustomed to undressing in front of others. She hid behind the locker doors when she had to change for PE, taking care that no one saw her. However, in this situation, she had no other choice - she drew the curtains for the compartment windows, just in case, and then began to change, moving as quickly and smoothly as she could. She actually liked the idea of wearing robes - it reminded her of the times when she played with her friends, pretending to have magical powers or extraordinary abilities. And she silently questioned, once more, why she had been so hesitant to attend to Hogwarts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Aiden turned and smirked towards the moderately attractive, yet overall pretty pale John. He shrugged his shoulders abscently as he leaned halfway against the side of the door frame, and already seemed to be tugging restlessly upon the hem of his tie. He hated ties. And shirts. And jumpers. And robes for that matter! While it sounded quite odd, he'd walk around in the nude all day if he could, but his mom would beat him so bad he'd have to -crawl- around for the rest of his life. If he had to wear clothes, then he wanted to at least -choose- those clothes, he truly despised over-inflated uniforms like these, but when in rome.

Chuckling briefly, he would move his left hand up from his tie, which he had fastened with the oncoming evil glares of a passing teaching, and placed it gently on John's back, before continuing his laughter and gently, but strongly patting the boy on the back. "Trust me, you might not have much, like me, but you're -much- luckier than I am. He can be very loving, mi brother. But he can also be an evil little so-and-so sometimes. Especially when he wants his own way!" he grunted, before slowly moving forwards as he spotted something just off in the distance, on the horizon. "Look..! I..think we're there!" he chimed as he pointed out towards what could only be described as the single most amazing sight his young eyes had even spotted. It was..hogwarts, and it was brilliant in it's shining white lime-stone glory. "I wonder what I'll be in. Hmm..Ravenclaw, maybe. Or Hufflepuff..I've heard a lot of heroic people like Harry Potter and Ron Weasely were in that. And the amazing Hermione Granger..but I doubt I'll get that..what d'you think?"

He spotted something in the others eyes, perhaps he was going through the same worry his brother had. He placed that strong big-brother smile on his face and gently nudged John on the shoulder, before speaking "And don't worry! If anyone tried to pick on you, just call me, I'll put 'em in there place. Easy!" before grinning wide and pushing a large chocolate from out of the packet, offering it to the boy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:03 pm

"Please, I can protect myself, but, thanks," John said, surprised at the physical contact, but shrugging it off. It was only a small punch after all. He took the chocolate from him and took a bite of it, smiling slightly at the taste. He nodded at Aidan, "I intend to achieve a place in this wizarding world. I'll call upon you whenever I need some help, though, or... a friend."

He paused for a moment, considering the ramifications of his last statement. He made his first friend from Hogwarts. He didn't expect to for a few months at least. He shrugged a little, "I think I'll be in Slytherin. I'm cunning, ambitious, and love snakes."

He looked out the window, his jaw dropping slightly at the sight of Hogwarts. It was beautiful with its towers and stonework as well as the lake, forest, and other aspects of its ground. He had a feeling that he'd feel right at home in this place.

"I'm guessing that you'll be in Gryffindor," he told him with a shrug as he headed for the compartment they were in previously. He did need to retrieve Scales after all. He didn't need him being confiscated already.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anaoel on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:09 pm

“Oh?” Lauren looked out the window. “So we’re almost there? Okay. And we’re getting dressed in here?” She briefly looked at Chloris and confirmed the other girl was changing before she stood and managed to pull her robes from her messily packed suitcase. While her daddy had made sure she had everything she’d been the one to pack and, well it wasn’t the neatest arrangement.

She began to change, fussing as her glasses got caught up in her shirt for a moment while she tried to pull it off. “Blasted things!” she huffed as she finally tugged the blue t shirt up over her head, leaving her green undershirt. Her glasses sat in the mess of fabric she’d tossed onto her seat and she glared down at them. “These things just hate to stay on my face” she muttered but continued her dressing.

Once her uniform was on she smiled, plucking up her large glasses. She set them in place and shoved her regular clothes back into her luggage before dropping down into her seat. “I’m glad we’re almost there” she said cheerily. “Though it feels like the ride wasn’t very long…” she trailed off, pausing to look out the window dreamily. A moment later she shrugged “whatever. So what houses do you think you’ll be in?” she asked the girls.
Peace, love and good food!

Anaoel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:53 pm

"God I hate traveling.." Aiden grumbled lightly, as he began to flail each of his limbs around in quick succession, clicking them all back into place. "So bored! So excited though!" he spoke comicly, before turning and grabbing the shoulders of the slightly shorter and slimmer boy, and rather roughly shaking his around "I can't wait!" he then chimed before blushing heavily. It seemed all the sugar was affecting his motor skills. He slowly turned and walked back to the girls compartment, knowing that by now they were most likely dressed. Hopefully..

He gently knocked his balled-up fist against the side of the sliding door, before then gently sliding it open. He used his left hand to purposely cover his eyes, stopping him from seeing anything he shouldn't see, just in case there was anything there to see. He blinked a few times as he spoke "Ladies, we're almost there. You can see the castle from this side of the train!" he chimed, before sliding one finger down and one higher, before whispering "Are you decent- Oh thank god, you are. I really did not want to get a black eye on my first day. It'd ruin my beautiful face- That was a joke, by the way.." he chuckled, before then pulling himself backwards, as the massive castle grew ever closer. "We..we're here!"

Aiden smiled briefly as he turned and pulled his own suitcase out from his compartment, before then placing it before him. Smiling sweetly, he nodded his head towards the females in the other compartment, and spoke "Would anyone like help with their bags?"

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Ian was raptured by the idea of his first potions class. For once in his life, theories and ideas seemed useful. He wasn't so optimistic to think they'd be brewing away the first day, but knowing what combination created what, how he could defy that, and make his own. It was nothing short of titillating.

He smiled faintly at Aiden as he offered to help. He seemed nice. Ian's way was blocked into the compartment, but it wasn't like he was going in. He couldn't help but have a big wide smile upon seeing Hogwarts, all lit up, looming, grander than any castle he'd ever seen, even dreamt of really. Again the myth was all that really mattered, Hogwarts could have been a run down sandwich shop, but the mystique would have more than made up for it, hell, this train just drove away from what was apparently a blank expanse of wall.

The anticipation was quite profound, Ian didn't even realized that he hadn't been talking, it was actually that powerful, and if even for a moment, he forgot about the black box and the drawer marked "三"

Ian wasn't even sure if the train was stopping, if a whistle was blowing, that raw excitement, it was just unprecedented, he pulled down his chest from the compartment and tried not to visibly coo. The excitement aboard the train, from students, both new and returning, only fueled it.

It was as if Ian was certain it was all a lie, as though Hogwarts, which trained Dumbledore, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and that red headed one, was actually real. Walking into a history book, living the greatest story ever told...

Again. More profound was that Ian wasn't talking.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm

When everyone else had decided to start changing, Astrea had shrugged to herself and looked at Scales, cocking her head to the side. "Sorry," she said to the Garter snake, "but I think I'm going to have to move you for a second." That said, she gently lifted him and placed him on her seat before shimmying into her black robes, choosing to simply wear them over her other clothes for now. The collared shirt she did put on though, simply because it would be slightly visible. She kept herself turned to the window, though she wasn't in reality all that body-conscious. When you lived out in the forest with nobody but your parents and an assortment of magical beings who could care less what you looked like, you didn't quite develop a social instinct for this sort of thing. Still, she could tell that the others were at least a bit uncomfortable, so she had turned around.

Replacing Scales on her lap, it seemed the House question had come up again. "Oh, I don't know," she replied airily. "At least one member of my family has been in every House, but my friend Renault seems to think I'm a Ravenclaw. But you can never be certain about these things. He said it had something to do with the position of Mercury in relation to Venus, and that's always a bit dubious."

She thought she was forgetting something, and then she remembered that some people still didn't know what her name was. To her, this was relatively inconsequential; she would answer to just about anything, and there was definitely a segment of the Romanian goblin population who were convinced she was Philodophus Pernassus, wizarding inventor. How this had happened, exactly, was a mystery to her, but she hadn't bothered to correct them. Goblins didn't like it when you did that.

So when the males reentered the room, she spoke again. "Astrea, or Rea, or whatever you fancy, really. Oh, and as much as I do like your friend here," she directed at John, referencing Scales, "I think that perhaps you'd like him to come with you? I already have an owl, you see, and we're only allowed one..." She looked down at the snake himself, wondering if he would voluntarily move (as he seemed to have at some point wrapped his tail once around her wrist) or if she should hand him back.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Aiden smirked only briefly at the comic atmosphere in the air around him. Ian seemed like a kid in a candy shop at that specific moment, and he himself had had a small boost of excitement, though nothing more or less than that. He turned fully, back to the compartment door from the window as all the other first, and some second and third years watched from the resident windows as the massive castle drew ever closer, and moments later the train began to slow as it neared the station.

Aiden gripped something that fell into his hands, two suitcases, both of which did he wheel over to where Ian and John stood. "Well, help the ladies out then!" he damn-near commanded, before turning back to remove the other suitcases from the females compartment. He may have been a slight bit mental, full of himself and just borderline diabetic with his sweetness, but one thing was for sure, he was a true gentleman.

After lugging pretty much everyones suitcases over to the suitable areas, he would turn and pull his hand up to allow for others to shake it. It was obvious who he had done this for, as he was standing right before the female named 'Astrea', he believed her name was. "Hiya Miss Astrea, mi'names Aiden! It's a pleasure t'meet'cha!" he chimed happily, though his thick irish accent shone through yet again, much to his chargrin.

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Astrea blinked once, slowly, before remembering that she was supposed to shake his hand here. "I find it quite agreeable to make your acquaintance as well, Mister Aiden." She wasn't quite sure why he was using the prefixes, but she would follow suit if that's how he was inclined.

"You don't have to take my things, though... I'm afraid Xerxes has a tendency to-" the tiny black owl let out an angry hoot and bit at the bars of his cage, clearly upset that he couldn't get to Aiden's fingers- "bite." She looked vaguely disapprovingly at the cranky creature before smiling pleasantly at the others in the car. "Besides, I am told that our luggage is generally taken care of for us. It was quite kind of you to offer though."

Still waiting for John to reply about Scales (it hadn't been that long anyway, and she wasn't entirely sure he'd heard her), she did not move from her seat as of yet. The view outside of the castle was rather magnificent, she had to admit. Like Ian, Astrea was accustomed to travel, but she rarely saw that many buildings, and never anything on this scale. She'd heard there were merpeople in the lake. Astrea had never met a merperson, but she was quite curious as to what they might be like. Books only said so much; she had discovered several accounts of centaurs in reputable volumes that simply had it wrong, for example.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Chloris rushed to the window, almost bumping her nose against the glass. An unexpected wave of thrill ran through her whole body - Chloris had known about Hogwarts, and in a way knew that it was real, but it was almost as though it hadn't actually been completely real for her until she saw it with her own eyes. Hogwarts looked different than what she had imagined - her mother hadn't told her much about what to expect, so she had imagined an ordinary, concrete building like the elementary school she had attended. The castle, looming up in the twilight with its towers and countless windows, glittering with a yellow light in the distance, made her feel as though she was approaching a completely foreign, but infinitely alluring world filled with mysteries.

She had to tear her eyes from the slowly growing sillhouette of the castle when she realised that the others were getting their luggage. Luckily, she had left her suitcase next to her seat after she had changed - a relief, as she was sure she would've felt guilty if Aiden had taken it down from the shelf for her. She put on her backpack after checking to see if she had left anything lying around, and then began to wait for the train to stop, looking towards the window to watch the sky grow darker.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:04 pm

"Thank you, Astrea," John told the strange girl with a small smile and a nod as he took her hand into his and Scales slithered up his sleeve and into his robes. He blushed slightly and released her hand, ignoring Scales' remarks about the said girl being a nice change of pace from his regular human. John had to roll his eyes at that. His familiar was about the rudest snake he ever met and that was saying something after talking to a few snakes in the reptile room when his year visited the zoo.

He rolled his eyes at Aiden's chivalry, but nonetheless picked up Astrea's pack in addition to his. He wasn't about to allow it to be said that Aidan was more of a gentleman than he was, not after hours of sitting in Ms. Lawson's etiquette lessons. He nodded at the others and headed for the other side of their compartment only to almost bump into, well, a giant. He grunted and fell to the ground, gasping a little when he saw him.

He was about twice the size of an ordinary man and five times as wide. He worse a great moleskin cloak covered in dozens of pockets. In fact, John would have wagered a Galleon that it was made entirely out of pockets. The man had a bushy beard and looked and smelled like he spent a lot of time in the woods, but his coal black eyes seemed to sparkle with a certain kindness.

"Ah, I was told that half o' dozen firs' years were in here. God on you to get to know each other this early," the giant rumbled, pleased with them, "I'm Hagrid, Keeper of the Keys and Ground o' Hogwarts, and Care of Magical Creatures professor thanks to Albus Dumbledore, rest his soul. Firs' Years come wit' me."

For once, John had nothing to say as he nodded at the giant's words, for the first time since Diagon Alley, the difference between the wizarding world and the Muggle world hitting him. He moved to take his and Astrea's trunk, but Hagrid held out his hand.

"No need for that. Your luggage will be taken to your dormitories after you're sorted. Come on', you're goin' across the lake with me," Hagrid announced, gesturing for John and the others to join the growing crowd of First Years hidden behind Hagrid's large frame.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Growing up in Iceland, Ian hadn't the faintest concept of why he should take the girl's luggage. Iceland had been essentially equal opportunity since the Viking times, and never really given a second thought to equality. Politeness wasn't as stressed as it was in the British archipelago, nor was it almost instructed as it was on the continent, it was just there. You didn't argue that women had it harder, what with childbirth, that was impolite, but making them carry the luggage they carried onto the train anyway... It wasn't impolite, it was just sensible.

Perhaps that life view had given Ian his generally unapologetic lifestyle. The train was slowing down, his heart certainly wasn't.

"How exactly do we get up to... it" He said, the word "castle" hardly giving Hogwarts justice. The broad lake separating them, it was obviously a hell of a walk, and to climb up the impressive cliffs seemed like a feat. He gently brushed his robes, each click of the train wheels a little bit more torturous than the last, before everything squeaked to a halt.

Stepping off the train was a little dramatic, but Ian had no trouble dropping his things and taking in the trees and smells and sounds around. He loved this assault on the senses, and his previous question was rapidly answered... they were going to sail across.

Ian had seen giants before, admittedly none as fuzzy as the one he saw before him, and he was sort of unintelligible to Ian, who was too busy trying to take it all in and failing. He would normally have felt herded as the crowds moved towards the water, right next to a very frightening bunch of trees under a castle so lit up it appeared to be on fire...

But somehow the fuzzy one and the mob mentality helped to ease all that, at this point, Ian would have started swimming across the lake if he had to.
Last edited by Oran Tarlin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anaoel on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Lauren looked out the window and smiled, she had to admit this was fun. Anxious excitement made itself more prominent as she looked out the window and viewed the place she would be calling home and school. Her smile widened as her green eyes sparkled in wonderment taking in the view of the beautiful castle.

“Like a fairytale” she murmured mostly to herself. It was how she was feeling. It was as if she had fallen into a fairytale, as if she had delved deep down into the pages of a children’s book and been made a character. It was the most wondrous feeling of her life she decided, nothing would top this.

She looked away, back at the people she hoped she would be able to call her friends for the next several years and noticed Aiden had gotten all their things down for them. How nice, she would’ve had trouble getting her bag down on her own and laughed when she imagined herself caught under an avalanche of suitcases.

Snapping out of her silly musings she looked up at the large man, Hagrid she was sure is what he said his name was, when he appeared and let her smile get bigger still. Sure her head would split if she were to smile any wider. A million different questions began forming rapidly in her mind. She’d be a lot more talkative once they were inside that was for sure.

For now though she only had one real question, and as she stood from her seat nearly bouncing with joy she asked “do I leave Scraps here too?” she motioned to the cat carrier curiously before pushing at her glasses. If the luggage was going to be sent to their rooms did that include pets? She thought it better to ask than to not know.

Anaoel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Aiden smirked wildly as he watched his little trick work perfectly. He knew that eventually, if he tried to get a little closer to Astrea, then John would definitely try to out-do him. He watched closely as John blushed heavily, before randomly near-ramming himself into the front of a quite massive humanoid, whom he would guess had some giant in him somewhere, it was kind of obvious. His uncle had told him all about dozens of magical creatures, and along with transfiguration was his current favorite class, closely followed by potions, and he hadn't even been in one yet!

He slowly walked behind John as he too exited the room, and would quickly wrap his arm around his shoulders, before leaning in and whispering quite childishly the words "You loooooooooooove heeeeer!!" before then grinning as he skipped off to follow the massive giant, as always, at the head of the pack. He had made sure of that, as he sort of pushed himself before some slowly assembling youths, who didn't seem that bothered at somebody else being the center of attention.

"Wait..we're missing somebo-" he began, before the color drained entirely from his face as he soon realized his brother was absolutely nowhere to be seen. He quickly set about finding him, as he shot out of the que and quickly began to slide open the doors of the cubicles they had previously been in. While to others it might had seen just a tad too dramatic, but to a twin it was just typical, especially one as defensive and protective as Aiden.

Opening the first door, the one the females were previously in, there in the corner of the room, was the currently sleeping Jayden. Aiden let out a deep sigh as he slowly walked over to him, and after failing to wake him for a few seconds, he leaned down and quickly and somehow effortlessly picked up his younger sibling, before carefully and lovingly carrying him back to the end of the que, where the rest of his cute little group stood. "Uh, sorry. He hardly had any sleep last night. He was up most of the night worrying that nobody would like him..don't tell him I don't you that!"

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 pm

[Sorry, accidently double-posted!. T_T]
Last edited by NeonHigh on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Astrea giggled as Scales transferred himself from her arm to John's- it was a ticklish sort of feeling. John looked a bit pink, though, and she wondered if he was coming down with something. Before she had a chance to ask, they were all piling out of the train, and getting caught in the bustle of activity.

Her eyes went wide as she beheld the huge man before her. To Astrea, most people were actually quite large, even some her own age, but this man was something else again. She'd heard of Rubeus Hagrid, of course- few who knew anything about the circumstances of a certain global wizarding conflict had not- but to find out that this man was going to be teaching Care of Magical Creatures... a bright smile settled on her face. She just knew she was going to love it at Hogwarts. Friends, a chance to meet merpeople, all sorts of things to learn and see and do- she wasn't sure she could think of anything else she really wanted in that moment. Well, save perhaps a Sugar Quill. Someone had been passing them around earlier, but she hadn't felt inclined at the time, occupied as she was with the delightful little snake.

Turning to her belligerent little owl, she spoke. "Okay, Xerxes, I'm leaving now. Someone else will take you to the Owlery. I want you behave nicely, and don't bite the other owls. Or the people." The bird gave a meek hoot in response, and she grinned at him. "I'll be up to visit before you know it."

Satisfied, she followed in Hagrid's wake as he directed the steady stream of first years to the lake with the merpeople in it. How marvellous this was, to be at Hogwarts, and with interesting people, no less!

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Chloris followed the stream of people getting off the train, leaving her luggage and Astarte's transportation box near where Hagrid stood. She couldn't remember ever seeing someone so big before - and yet he didn't seem intimidating at all. Chloris wasn't one of those who relied on first impressions, but she felt safe with him for some reason. "Excuse me.." she said in a quiet voice. "When Astarte is taken to the dormitories, can she please be fed? I did put some food so that she wouldn't starve on the way here, but she must be hungry by now."

Hagrid smiled - or at least Chloris thought he did, judging by the expression in his eyes, even though she couldn't see the lower portion of his face through the beard. "Don't worry - it will all be taken care of." he reassured her; Chloris nodded, and followed the rest of the first years. It seemed strange to her that he was so big, but she had heard of extraordinarily tall people - it was sad; she had heard that most of them died young due to heart problems. Trying to distract herself from the bitter feeling, she walked faster so that she could catch up to the others.

Everyone seemed lively and cheerful - it would certainly be an interesting year. Her attention was soon diverted to the view of the castle, now even closer, reflected on the calm and dark waters of the lake. Chloris felt a chill run through her spine - she wasn't sure if she was just cold, or if it was due to the rush of excitement she was feeling. One thing she was sure of - this place had a very unique atmosphere. It seemed both serene and mysterious, giving off the kind of feeling that would inspire an artist. I would've liked to paint this view if I could.. she thought as she watched the dancing reflection of the lights.

She approached the boats docked by the lake - they didn't seem to have ferrymen inside; who would row them across? It seemed likely that magic was involved - they wouldn't make eleven-year-olds row, would they? It would be strange - the unpleasant kind of strange - if they actually had to do that. She had never been on a boat like this before - what if she ended up capsizing the boat? She reluctantly extended her foot down, touching the base of the boat lightly several times to see if it was stable, and then taking a firm step into the boat. It was easier than she had expected - she sat down on one end, wondering if she had to go alone or if anyone else would come with her.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:29 pm

"Don't worry. Your pets and familiars will be well taken-care-o'," Hagrid promised Lauren as he led the first years out of the train and onto the grounds of Hogwarts. In the disance, one could see the horseless carriages carrying the children towards the school. Magnificent creatures, thestrals were, Hagrid decided. It was shame they only appeared to people who had seen death. It didn't do much to help their reputation. He turned to Lauren and beamed at her, "I haven't los' an animal yet and I've been at this for decades!"

John had to keep himself from gaping as they approached the lake. Night was already falling the water was turning into a deep black. Hagrid pulled out an umbrella from his coat and tapped it on the ground. Soon enough, a group of boats magically approached the shore and Hagrid announced that they would row to the castle. He grimaced. This wasn't going to be particularly fun, but at least Hagrid had magic to keep them from capsizing, right?

He sat himself into a boat towards the right as the other first years piled into the boats. He looked up and caught another glimpse at the castle. He had to admit that it was far more opposing this close. He gulped and took up an ore before turning to the others, "Come on, let's get this over with."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Astrea watched as Hagrid produced a bright pink umbrella from somewhere on his person and tapped it on the ground, delighted when the boats appeared immediately afterward. Was that... no, surely not. She had been thinking that maybe the umbrella was some sort of wand or other magical device, but perhaps not. She knew she was sometimes given to seeing things in strange ways, though most of the time she didn't notice. Maybe this was just one of those weird little ideas.

Either way, she decided to act like she hadn't caught on, and took up the oar next to John. It looked like the boat would fit at least another two or three people; but then, she'd thought about the same of the train car, so maybe everyone would make it on after all.

Astrea caught a glimpse of the evening sky above and leaned back to look at it, dangerously close to tipping herself (though not the boat) into the water, not that she minded. The skyview was simply too good to pass up. She could make out Orion, Andromeda, and several other constellations, and a slow, bright smile spread its way across her face. It was simply amazing, the sky, and she could see so much of it, too.

"Ezio would have loved this," she murmured to herself. Among the centaurs, prone to stargazing as most of them were, Ezio was probably most prone to spending time simply looking at it.

Astrea hadn't realized, but the ends of her hair were now skimming the water, and so when she sat up again (they would probably have to start rowing soon) they hit her back with a wet smack. "Oh my," she remarked to nobody in particular, setting the oar on her back and attempting to wring out her now-sodden strands over the edge of the boat. Her mother would have shaken her head in resignation if she'd seen it, but Astrea and her father shared a childlike wonder for the mysteries of the universe, and sometimes the practical things only seemed to get in the way.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anaoel on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 pm

“Okay!” Lauren smiled, glad to know her little Scraps would be okay. She followed them all out and looked at the boats with curiosity. “Oh, boats? I’ve never been on a boat” she said head tilted to the side as she examined their transportation across the lake. She looked to her seated friends “I can ride with you right?” she asked.

While she had determined that pretty much all of them got along she knew from personal experience that people sometimes quickly grew tired of her company. That was usually when she was being much more talkative but still it didn’t hurt to ask. It would be no good, after all, if she started to annoy them. That was probably one of the reasons as to why she asked so many questions, she wanted to know what was right and what was wrong so that she would never offend people, never say the wrong thing.

She gave a little smile and pushed at her glasses, waiting for a response. Standing there she took that moment to marvel once again at the space set out in front of her. The lake, with its darkening waters and the castle off in the distance, seeing it filled her with wonder and a strange security. She didn't know why but she felt she belonged, it was an odd feeling really since she had felt out of place everywhere since losing her mother.

Anaoel
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!